Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The Next Day

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

A little over a year later Llanview continues to thrive.  It learned a great lesson from the events of the past year.  Treasure and protect your citizenry.  The civil lawsuit verdicts across the country bankrupted the OPP and victims received payouts ranging from a few dollars to many dollars.  All the members are prosecuted and found guilty and are serving time in various prisons around the country.

 

 

John, Bo, Michael, Antonio, Todd and Cristian sit in the den drinking beer and watching the baseball game.  A cool, comfortable Saturday afternoon and they finally finish their chore for the day and receive their reward, uninterrupted time to watch the game.  Munching on chicken wings, hot dogs, chips and dips their cheers fill the room.  Strange enough they’re all rooting for the same team even if it isn’t the Phillies.

 

Evangeline, Nora, Marcie, Layla, Simone and Talia are sitting in the living room reviewing wedding catalogs and baby books.  For their snacks they have finger sandwiches, fruit and vegetable trays and assorted juices.  

 

--Simone Dalton is a recent transplant from New York City.  She and Evangeline met when they both worked on the case for Mr. Burns.  She’s now dating Todd.

 

A few months after the OPP attack Todd was tried for Margaret Cochran’s murder but the case was thrown out when Margaret showed up in court with their baby.  Margaret handed her child to Todd and then told her story.  She accused Dr. Spencer Truman of setting up Todd to get Blair Cramer.  When Truman called Margaret a liar and said that she was crazy a police officer tried to restrain her to return order to the court.  Margaret grabbed the officer’s gun, shot and killed Truman and officers opened fire on her killing her.

 

Now Todd and his children live in a new house and Todd has a new lady in his life.  He does share custody of Starr and Jack with Blair but has sole custody of his son from Margaret who he named Sam.

 

--Layla and Antonio are a couple after Layla helped Antonio gain custody of his daughter Jaime.  They’re getting married early next year.  Finally Antonio realized that his relationship with Jessica was not right for him.  Just why in the world he got involved with his brother’s ex-girlfriend in the first place he still doesn’t have an answer for that.

 

--Marcie and Michael married in May of last year.

 

--Talia and Cristian seemed to have bonded after the gas attack. Having shared that near death experience brought them together.

 

--Nora and Bo realized the frailty of life after the gas attack and decided to try again to make a life together.  Their wedding is planned for Thanksgiving time.

 

Evangeline and John used the gas attack as an impetus to really focus on their relationship and just how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.

 

A week before Evangeline’s birthday, John and Evangeline marry in a quiet ceremony with only family and close friends present.  Now eight (8) months later Evangeline is eight months pregnant.  That was some wedding night.  She is due in a month and they’re having a boy.

 

Today the men set up the nursery.  John and Evangeline moved into their new home four (4) months ago after an extensive search.  They wanted to be settled in before the baby came.

 

The ladies continued chattering about the upcoming weddings of Antonio and Layla and Bo and Nora.  When the discussion turns to wedding favors Evangeline looks up and sees John standing in the doorway.  He motions for her and she excuses herself to join him in the kitchen.

 

“Do you guys need more food already John?  You guys just started.  You must really be hungry after all of that hard work.”

 

“No, I just want to hold you.  How are you feeling?”

 

“I’m feeling fine John.  Here put your hands here and feel our son moving around.  He’s happy, as am I.  You guys did a great job on the nursery.”

 

“Anything for you my love.  Our boy is really moving in there.  I can feel him. Not much longer and we’ll get to see him.  I love you Evangeline. I love you so much.” 

 

With his hands on her belly and the baby still kicking, letting his daddy know that he’s there, John lifts Evangeline’s chin and gives her one of his ‘devouring her lips’ kisses.  The one that consumes her lips like they are the sweetest and juiciest he has ever tasted and pours his love for her; his passion for her; his want of her; and his need for her into the emotions of that kiss.

 

That’s how their friends find them.  Their friends stand quietly in the doorway.  Evangeline and John are taking so long in the kitchen their friends are beginning to worry what with Evangeline so far along in her first pregnancy.  Seeing that Evangeline and John are fine they back away quietly and return to their respective rooms.

 

John and Evangeline do not even know that their friends are there because they are still so caught up in each other.

 













Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.