Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

The Next Day

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

John leaves and goes to Bo’s office.  As he expected Bo is waiting for him.

 

“John you’re a good detective and I’m sure you had your reasons for doing the test but you should have told me of your plans.”

 

“I’m sorry Bo but I just wanted to make sure that John Doe was John Doe.”

 

“John I have to ask this.  Did you do this for Natalie?  You seem overly concerned for her.  I know you feel at fault for Cristian’s death, though now we know he’s not dead, but did you do this for personal reasons?”

 

“I don’t know what you mean Bo.  What personal reasons?”

 

“John you’ve done a number of things, questionable things, for Natalie’s benefits. Things that I, even being her uncle, would not do.  Digging up a body to name one, so I ask you again, did you do this DNA test for personal reasons?  Do you want a personal relationship with Natalie and if so where does that leave Evangeline?  I told you months ago that you needed to decide in which direction you’re going.  It’s not fair to either lady for you to ‘sit on the fence’.”

 

“Bo I did the test to prove that John Doe is John Doe.  I may have gone about it in the wrong way but now it seems that it was the right move.”

 

“So where does that leave my niece John?  You know that she has feelings for you and at one time you had feelings for her. Do you still have feelings for her and if so what do you plan to do about them?  And before you say that this doesn’t have anything to do with your job I beg to differ.  You used department funds to have that DNA test done.  You digging up bodies without a court order reflect on the department.  

 

John you can’t run loose and expect me not to say something.  Until the defense attorney and the trial judge weigh in on these DNA test results I’m putting you on administrative leave.  John use this time to reflect upon and review your actions.  You need to decide whether you still want to work here as a member of the department and not as a ‘lone wolf’.  

 

I know how personal issues can bleed into the job.  With my family I know all too well how that is possible but we have to minimize the effects John.  I haven’t asked you anything about Evangeline and I won’t.  That is personal for you.  I did ask about Natalie because she is my niece and that is personal to me.  

 

With John Doe actually being Cristian Vega that is going to really confuse and upset Natalie.  She has a habit of running to you when she’s feeling like that.  She’s a married woman John so take that into account when she comes your way.  Her family is here for her.  I know that you are her friend and yes she will need her friends now but she wants more than friendship from you John, I can see that.  You can’t offer anything more to her than that or am I wrong? You never did answer me about your feelings for her.  What if she rejects Cristian and wants you?  Are you available to her John?”

 

“Bo you know that I don’t talk about my personal life but I will say this.  Yes I am Natalie’s friend and yes at one time she and I tried to make a go at a relationship but I wasn’t ready and Natalie didn’t want to wait.  I’ve moved on, at least I’m trying, and I have something good with Evangeline. I don’t want anything to come between that.  That’s all I have to say on the matter. 

 

I understand the reason for the administrative leave.  Once this gets out everyone will have an opinion about my actions and coming up with their own reasons as to why I did what I did.  Maybe I’ll ‘catch up on my reading’ while I’m away from the office.  Isn’t that what people do when they’re not working?  I don’t know because I’m always working. Just let me get some things from my office Bo and then I’m out of here.”

 

“I’ll let you know when you can return John.  Make good use of this time.  I’ll talk with you soon.”












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.