Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Uhura's World Series-Family Heirloom

Spock's children and grandchildren are gathered around him to send him off to the ancientry caves with Nyota's katra. He will make this journey alone. He looks down to his youngest granddaughter, who resembles his Nyota in every way. She has her smooth dark skin and thick curly hair. His hand rubs the small box buried in his breast pocket.
"Kan-el walk with me."
Spock took his granddaughter to a small garden in the back of the house, and they sat. She looks at her sa-mekh-el with her almond-shaped eyes and slanted brows.
"Kan-el, I have a gift for you."
Spock went into his breast pocket and took out the small box that was slightly worn, and extended it towards the young girl about ten years old. The girl's hand reaches for it and places it in her palm, and returns the look of curiosity back to her grandfather. Spock bows his head for her to open it. The girl takes her fingers to slowly open the box to reveal two green jaded hoop earrings.

"I gave this gift to your grandmother along time ago, it represented the token of my affection."

The girl slowly picks up one of the earrings and examines it.
"Grandfather, this is quite exquisite, are you sure you wish to depart from them?"

"Affirmative, your grandmother left me something much more, it is here."
Spock places his hand over his heart.
"Your grandmother has deep affections for you little one, our relationship was different. She was not afraid to let situations stop her. I believe she wants you to know this and not be ashamed of being different."
Spock placed his aged hand over two small ones.
"Grandmother Nyota was different."
Spock watched his grand-daughter eyes, they seem to appear misty, but her strong Vulcan logic prevented too many emotions.

The young girl looked up at her grandfather, sat up straight, clutching those green hoop earrings.
"Grandfather, I am grateful for the gift, and I will cherish them." She stood up, and did something un-Vulcan, she reached over and hugged her grandfather.

Spock's mouth twitched just slightly and saw a part of his Nyota in their granddaughter. She left to rejoin her family with the gift, holding it tightly in her hand.
Spock is relieved and felt at peace. He passed on something precious of Nyota's legacy.






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: That was deep.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.