Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Part 7 of the Uhura's World Series-Gone Missing

Nyota is putting on her uniform boots for duty, being a good mood, getting ready for a long day. She goes to her jewelry box for the last touch up to make her feel complete. She opens the lid to her jewelry box and looks for her favorite green jaded hooped earrings. Her hand picks up one, while the other hand searches for its pair. Panic strikes her face, it's gone. Nyota gasp in desperation,

'Where could it be?'

She continues to look around the dresser, scattering things as she goes. She opens up her:

scarf drawer

underwear/bras drawer

shirt and T-shirt drawer

Spewing them on the floor as she searches for that one thing. One Green jaded hooped earring.

"NO NO NO NO, This can't be happening, those earrings mean everything to me!" as she continues to search for them.

She got on her knees and looked under the bed, chaise, tables, closet, and bathroom. She took a deep breath in frustration in her defeat to locate the other green earring. She sat on her bed, rubbing her hands, wondering when she last wore them.

"Yesterday, I always wore them, I barely, rarely take them off. Where could it be."

She had to think with reason and with clear thought where she last noticed them.

Reason of deduction was her thought. So she sat quietly on her bed and not worried that she was running late for duty. She closed her eyes, concentrating on how the daily events of yesterday. She played out those events like a replay of a TV show, pausing, stopping. But nothing added up. She sat for 15 minutes and concluded that one of her precious green earrings is gone. Her heart sank in despair, tears welled up in her eyes and started to flow. Those earrings meant everything to her, the love and hope behind them, she felt her life was in ruins.

She looked at the chronometer and rushed to finish grooming and head up for duty. She knew she would get reprimanded for reporting late to the bridge. She wiped her face from her tears and headed out.

When she reached the bridge, the captain wasn't there, she was safe for the moment. She sat at her station and tried to work, she did her daily check-in and updates as before. But the stress of not knowing what happened to her earring was driving her crazy. She feared to look over at the science station and wondered why Mr. Spock has not reprimanded as well. If she looked at him, she would fall apart about he would know. Nyota said a silent prayer:

"Please, Please let me find that earring!"

To her surprise, Mr. Spock is walking towards her nonchalant, Nyota freezes up, he is going to notice that she is not wearing her/his favorite earrings. He stops next to her station, she stops breathing. Spock extends his fist towards her so that no one else can see them. He opens his hand slowly to display one green jaded hooped earring.

Nyota covers her mouth from her gasping, she looks up at him and picks up the single earring and holds it her breast. At that very moment, a flashback how the lost green earring came to pass and she smiles. Nyota gave him a satisfied look and continue working, she was with Spock last night in his quarters.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.