Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Calamity

 

(Author’s Note:  Things are not looking good at all for our girl Evangeline and I’m not ready to face that so let me digress a bit here.  Several minutes before Truman made his big announcement Evangeline was doing some self-reflection.)

 

Chapter 3

 

Evangeline was at the court today to witness Truman’s conviction and to support her friend, the District Attorney, Nora Hanen.  But something else weighed on Evangeline’s mind.  She was also here to meet with her boyfriend, Cristian Vega.  She planned to meet with Cristian at the courthouse so that she could break up with him at a neutral place.  He had become aggressive and controlling.  She didn’t want or need a repeat of her relationship with RJ Gannon.  

 

Sadly Evangeline realizes too late that she’s not ‘in love’ with Cristian.  Having ached so long to hear the words ‘I love you’ she fell in love with hearing the words from the man in her life and confused it with being in love with that man.  If she were to think about it too much she would cry.  All that wasted time but that’s life.  You win some and you lose some.  And if she were really honest with herself she would admit that she wasn’t ready for a new relationship.

 

Her thoughts:

 

Nora – a good friend. ‘Sometimes just spending some quality time with good friends is the only therapy you need.’  Nora always seems to know what to say to give me a clearer perspective.

 

Todd – a true friend.  ‘Love is not only made for lovers, it is also for friends who love each other better than lovers.  A real friend is very hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.’

 

Todd is my friend.  Yes I have other feelings for him and he for me but what we both cherish most is our friendship.  Todd doesn’t open up easily to other people.  You can count on one hand the people he actually trusts, his sister Vicki, his daughter Starr and me, his attorney.  Notice that Blair is not on that short list.  I consider myself a kind person.  I want what is best for my friends.  Todd is not in a place or frame of mind to venture off into a romantic relationship with anyone until he resolves the major issues and crippling feelings that he has for Blair Cramer.  Until he does that he’s no good for anyone.  That sounds like a repeat of the John situation.  Resolve your feelings for the one woman before you pursue another woman and until you do everyone loses.

 

Blair – a self-absorbed and a conniving person.  ‘People don’t abandon people they love.  People abandon people they were using.’  Blair abandoned Todd when he was accused of murder.  For her to say that she knew him so well and then to believe that he would kill a child, she didn’t know him at all, the so-called ‘love of her life’.

 

Cristian – life has dealt him a hard hand but his actions do not help him either.  “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.” – Mae West

 

Natalie – selfish and immature.  Even after she got what she wanted, John, she still is not happy.  ‘Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.’

 

John – living in the past and missing the joys of the present and the possibilities of a future.  ‘If you don’t leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future.  Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.’

 

Evangeline – this is after all self-reflection – ‘Inside the ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down.  It’s staying down that’s wrong.’ – Muhammad Ali.  Changes are ahead for me and I must persevere.  ‘Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.’  I simply need to decide what I want out of this life of mine.  ‘You can be anything you want to be if you’re willing to pay the price.’ – Eddie Robinson, former Grambling University football coach.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Maybe by the next chapter I'll feel up to facing what's happening with our girl but until then.

Thnx for reading my story.  I appreciate your support.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.