Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Yeolset 

 

Thirteen 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

 

A man stood off in the distance, pale skin now bronzed and tan from the sun. A mask covered his face, one that resembled a lion, large bushy mane extending outwards towards his broad shoulders. His back faced her and she admired him, gaze open and full of unashamed desire. The paint of a chief decorated his skin, long narrow lines that traveled the length of his torso, back and legs on each side, brilliantly red. Red and white. Up across the backs of his shoulders, he carried the scars of his deification, long narrow strips of raised scarred over skin, each complemented above by small individual nubs. Taking them in, her mouth began to water. She wanted to dig her nails into them, wanted to feel his hard muscles shift and flex beneath her fingers. 

    “My child…” Turning her gaze from the sun, she found her mother who had come up beside her. 

    “Mama…” She smiled prettily, welcoming the gentle brush of her hand against her braids. 

    “You desire him.” At that, her cheeks grew warm. 

    “It’s quite all right my daughter. You can exist in the yearnings of a woman.” Feeling the smallest amount of shame hit her in the stomach, she licked her lips. 

    “He is desired by many.” Her mother pulled her close. 

    “But you are the one that he wants.” Looking up into her tender brown eyes, she felt the heat from her cheeks travel down to her belly. 

    “Your feelings are reciprocated my child.”

    “But-”

    “He will set soon. Do you not wish to enjoy your wedding night with him? Your Sun? Your King?” Looking up, her breath caught in her throat as she found the man had turned towards them and slowly began to lift the mask from his face. Slowly it inched up past pouty lips. Up past an elegantly straight nose. Right before his eyes were revealed, a flash that like lightening rumbled, drawing his attention away from her. His voice was heard and it sent chills down her spine. He uttered one simple word in a language not her own. 

    “Rain.” 

 

*** 

    Jolting up, she gasped for air. Her chima was soaked with sweat and her fingers gripped the mat beneath her tight enough to hurt. The chill of the morning traveled through her and she reached for her jeoksam, putting it across her shoulders. It was nearing late fall and the summery conditions were fading. Instead, the chill and promise of an encroaching winter teased the air. Lifting a hand to her pounding heart, she tried to calm and quiet her breathing, aware that all the other women were sleeping, the day sure to start sooner than they would like. So, her gut had been right. She’d been right all this time, afraid to admit it. The man…the sun in her dream… was Wangja-nim. She didn’t need to see his face to know. Everything about his mannerisms…she knew them well. 

    Laying back down on her mat, she covered her eyes with her arm. 

    “How much longer can you hide it before it consumes you with its hunger?” The words of Hae spun around and around in her mind. Perhaps it had finally claimed her as its meal, consuming her until nothing of her former self remained. Knowing it was no use going back to sleep, she got up and slipped out of the servants’ chambers. To her surprise, her feet met cold wet ground. It was raining. Clutching her jeoksam closer she tried to avoid stepping too much into the rain, knowing that her heated body would soon grow cold with chill. Speechless, she watched the drops that fell from earth’s eyes meet the ground. 

 

 

*** 

    “Will you ride today? It’s raining.” 

    “I will.”  Doors to the chambers were smashed open and all those in attendance looked up as the eldest son of Goryeo came in, face set in stone.     

    “Seo Jun, what do you want?” He didn’t reply, instead he turned his sights on the sniveling little shit who sat next to him, eyes mocking him. Pushing the other attendants out of the way, he drew back his fist and punched the tiny little smirk off of his face, one that would have been missed had he not been paying attention. He fell out of his chair. 

    “Seo Jun!” Grabbing him up by the collar of his jeodori, he punched him again. His father tried to to pull him off of him. 

    “What is the meaning of this! Explain yourself!” He didn’t reply, trying to hit him again but this time he blocked it. He was hurled back by other attendees and fell to the floor with a grunt.  

    “Get out! NOW.” Their father hollered, face red, shoving him as he tried to stand. Falling again, he glared at the self righteous little fuck, who even with blood trickling down his chin had the nerve to smirk, wider than before. Upturning the empty chairs, he made his exit, his voice yelling at the servants loud and thunderous as it faded down the hall. 

    Turning towards the subjects that had been taken by surprise, he bowed his head. 

    “I’m deeply sorry for my son. Cheol Su-”

    “I’m fine Father. Continue.” He held up a hand and reached into his pocket, retrieving a handkerchief. Lifting it to his mouth, he dappled at the blood that seeped from his busted lip. Swallowing thickly, his father took his time sitting down and the meeting continued as planned. 

 

***

 

 

 

    The smell is what hit him first and it smacked the drunkenness right out of him. Groaning, he covered his nose and slowly opened his eyes. Looking over into a pair of glazed over eyes, he shot up. Flies crawled around inside of a decayed nose and mouth and he yelled, nearly tripping over his desk to get away from it. Coughing, he began to retch. Eyes filled with teary rage. What the fuck was this? Lifting his rumpled jeoduri from the floor, he covered his mouth as he neared it. His heart dropped as he began to recognize the face the severed head belonged to. Throat tight, he watched as the flies consumed it, covering it in a sea of squirming black. 

 

*** 

 

 

 

    Opening the doors to his chambers, he leaned back against them. All morning, he had been entertaining Jae Hwa’s parents and talks of their marriage had increased to a sickening high. His father and mother had agreed that come Spring of the upcoming year, after his coronation they would wed. They would then make their first public appearance as King and Queen before the Summer. The thoughts of it made him nauseous. 

    But one such thought took it right out of him. He’d finally given his brother the gift he’d been saving. He’d entrusted the head to the most skilled mummifiers in the land. He’d had it stuffed with coin and jewels, a promised contract that he could honor and see finalized. The flies had come, drawn to the mummified flesh and open air. The buzzing surely woke him and once it had, he got the message loud and clear. 

    Smirking to himself, he reached up and pulled his hair out of the topknot. Sitting the silver holder and pin on one of the tables, he sat down at his desk. Their heated conversation came to mind, one that had only just occurred a few days ago. 

 

*** 

 

    “Move out of my way.”

    “Fuck you…Hyung.” For the first time ever, he refused to show him respect, deciding that the bastard wasn’t worth it. Had never been worth it but oh for the tradition. The man sneered and shoved him down the small set of stairs. 

    “Still angry hm?”

    “Still tucking your tail?”

    “What in the fuck are you talking about?”

    “Admit it. I beat your ass and you can’t handle it. Can’t take defeat from your little brother.” 

    “Pah. So you won one fight. Big fucking deal.” He stood up.

    “I know what this is really about. And frankly, I’m disgusted that you’re still carrying on like a pussy.” 

    “Excuse me?”

    “You’re still mad that I took what you wanted away from you.” Seo Jun smirked. 

    “Time and time again, you prove to me that you’re still the weak whiny cry baby that never departed from our mother’s womb. Don’t you know that if you be a man, you show it? If you want something, you take it? Is that not the way our father taught us?” 

    “Taught you. And look where it got you.”

    “That’s right. You laid up under grandmother, too busy in your books to really man up.” He swallowed thickly, watching as Seo Jun slowly descended down the steps. 

    “Admit it little brother. I’m more man than you’ll ever be.” 

    “You’re no man. You’re an inhuman piece of shit.”

    “One that made your little musori bitch behave. And all it took was a little hard dick to put her in order. Shame that you couldn’t see the look on her face. I think she somewhat enjoyed sucking me off. If you trained her properly, she’d make one fine whore.” He ran towards him and sent him back against the wooden walkway. 

    “Shut up talking about her. Disgusting fuck.”

    “My, what language you’ve acquired. She may not have taught you how to make use of a pussy but she sure has taught you how to be cheonmin.” His reaction was one that he hadn’t been expecting. He laughed in his face and it caused him to turn red. 

    “So, that’s what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better.”

    “What?”

    “That’s why you sent that cowardice fuck to assassinate me. All so you could regain your birthright, one stripped from you by our father. Kill all of your birds with one stone. The brother you’ve always hated. Influenced by a cheonmin musori. And anyone else with ties to me. You’re pathetic and so was he.” He laughed again and punched him in the jaw, bringing silence to him.

    “I know the game. But then so did he. He exposed you so easily, exposed you with pride. Had you picked the right vessel, a loyal vessel he wouldn’t have said anything. He would have gone down with pride not for you but for his country. Take your loss like the so called man you purport to be. And one last thing,” Kneeling down, he lifted him by his hair, the strands spilling out from his top knot. 

    “When it comes to Tiye. Should you desire to breathe this Godforsaken air another day you will leave her alone.” Getting up and turning on his feet, he left his brother on the ground, struggling to get up. Still clearly taken aback from the hit to the face. 

 

*** 

 

    That day he had made one thing perfectly clear. The crying little boy that ran into the arms of his mother was long gone. Lifting fingers to tease the tender spot on his jaw, his lips drew into a small sneer. When it came to those he cared about, not even blood would spare his anger.

    “Wangja-nim, Jungjeon-nim is requesting to speak with you.” Gritting his teeth, he soon slid open the door and peered into Jae-Hwa’s face. 

    “What?” He asked tone monotone. 

    “I heard what happened.”

    “And?”

    “Don’t be like that Cheol-Su-ah. Please.” Pushing past him, she came into the room and sat down in a cluster of pillows. 

    “Why do you provoke your eldest brother?”

    “Perhaps you should ask him why he provokes me.” 

    “Ah, so this thing between you… it is tit for tat.”

    “No. It involves a deep rift that you would not understand. One that is irreparable.” 

    “Help me understand pyeha.” 

    “What can explain the desire to see your own blood dead and buried? What is there but jealousy? Hatred? A severe distain for one’s life that you employ animals to crush it.” Coming over to her, he leaned down and placed his hands on the table behind her, forcing her to lean back.

    “That is my brother and I… that is our history and our legacy. He’s nothing to me.” 

    “You can’t mean that Cheol-Su.”

    “I mean every single word of it.” Pushing off of the table, he inhaled sharply. 

    “Did you come to annoy me?”

    “No actually… I came to help you relieve your stress.” 

    “You can’t be serious.” Standing, she began to shrug out of her jeogori. 

    “I know what exists in your mind. When we are intimate.” She said quietly as she untied her jeoksam. 

    “You wish it were that slave girl. I know you do.” She peeled off all of her sokgot until she stood in front of him completely naked. 

    “She will not wed you. She will not be your Queen. She will not carry your seed. It is in this body that you shall produce a child. It is within this body that you shall learn to find pleasure.” 

    “Jae-Hwa…”

    “You may play with her all you like. But you cannot run or hide from your destiny. When it is all over, it is I that will be by your side. I and only I shall remain.” Coming toward him, she pulled him to her, kissing him firmly. 

    “Here and now Cheol-Su-ah… I invite you to use me. Use me however you see fit. Do whatsoever you desire.” She breathed against him, welcoming his hard kiss. For the first time, he reacted of his own volition; he took hold of that invitation full heartedly. Forcing her down onto the furs, driven by anger, he took what he wanted, the willing body under him eagerly complying. 

 

*** 

    “Pyeha! Pyeha!” Groaning, he slowly opened his eyes, sleep still heavy within them. The night was unusually icy and he could see his very breath as he exhaled. 

    “What is it?” He grumbled, forcing Jae-Hwa’s arms away from him. 

    “Come quickly! Your servant nears death!” At that, he shot up, hastily putting on his jeogori and baji. Ripping open the door, he looked into the face of one of the concubines from the harem. She had been crying, her eyes, nose and cheeks flushed pink. 

    “Tiye?” He asked, voice gruff. 

    “Someone found her in the lake by the secret garden.”

    “What?” He asked, teeth clenched. 

    “They say that she had almost drifted to the bottom. Someone jumped in and rescued her.” 

    “Where is she?” He asked, grabbing onto her shoulders. 

    “She’s by the lakeside still. No one in the medical ward has been alerted yet.” 

    “Cheol-Su-ah! Don’t go!”  He didn’t stop to hear what else she or Jae-Hwa said, taking off in a full run towards the lake. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: HAPPY FRI-YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! SO just when we thought our lovely two were going to finally get off to a good beginning step, THIS HAPPENS. Tiye always finding herself the brunt of somebody frustrations and it ain't fair. But, it's... the life she's given at this present moment. Fear not though, it will not last always! How y'all doing family? With news circulating every day,  99% of it depressing, bad and sad, it's hard to find some semblance of happiness and/or joy! Lemme know how y'all doing! I got another update for y'all... and a special little somethin that I AIN'T TELLIN Y'ALL WHAT IT IS. But... I'M SUPER EXCITED ABOUT IT AND I KNOW Y'ALL GON BE TOO LOL. Hold ya horses for a while hehe. 

Love y'all. Take care. God bless! 

D&L 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.