Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

Yeolnet

(fourteen)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Feet ran after him and by the time she got there, her heart dropped. He barked orders to the small crowd that had gathered, the commotion sure to awake other members of court. The bitch laid limp on the side of the lake and she felt her chest grow hot as she watched him start to lift her into his arms. 

    “Prepare a room in the medical ward. Now!” He ordered some attendants that had been forced out of their sleep to his side. 

    “Yes pyeha.”

    “Make sure that there is plenty of blankets and furs. Anything and everything needed to provide warmth I want it there.” 

    “Yes pyeha.” He started her way and she clutched her jeogori as he neared, face stony. His eyes were watery yet he didn’t shed a tear. 

    “Cheol-Su-ah…”

    “Not now Jae-Hwa.” He dismissed, pushing past her. Her feet helplessly turned to follow him and all the way back in silence, her tears forming icy trails of pain down white cheeks. Once inside the tent, she watched as the shaman and doctors examined her, eyes dead set on his face. 

    “She will die before morning pyeha…” He grabbed the man by his collar. 

    “What must we do to save her?”

    “Her body temperature has dropped drastically p-p-pyeha. She won’t survive.” Shoving him back, he began to unbuckle the belt to his jeogori. 

    “Cheol-Su-”

    “Get out! All of you get out!” He ordered as his flesh was bared to the inhabitants inside. 

    “At once pyeha.” The servants, medical attendants and shaman all bowed their heads, inching back towards the door. Only she remained and she could feel her heart break into a million pieces as she watched the baji hit the floor and his naked body near her form. He for a moment hesitated, hand paused right above her jeogori. But he pushed that aside and began to pull the wet clothing from her body. 

    “I told you to leave.” He rasped, turning eyes towards her. She couldn’t find any words to say and slowly…slowly she backed up, leaving them in absolute privacy. 

 

*** 

 

    In her dreams, his arms held her close, warmth bleeding into every sense. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up each and every time, the feeling of premonition surrounded him… them. It was the same one… it happened the same time. Her dreams had evolved and now… now he’d leave her. After the eclipse…their eclipse, after they were forced to part come dawn out of no where a sword would come from the darkness and strike him. She’d scream out for him, scream for it all to stop. And there Mama would be… a deep sadness ruining her otherwise beautiful features. She’d scream, cry and beg the gods to save him… not to take him from her… after all… they’d just become free…free in their feelings.. their love. 

 

    *** 

 

    Bright white light blinded her from behind her eyelids and she forced them back into darkness, hot breath fanning back up against her chin. Groaning, she tried to make sense of it all… where…when…how… She felt hot, sticky and sweaty but it was a feeling she appreciated. For once. The last feeling she’d experienced was one of deep dark cold and it possessed her entire body into black. Finally willing her eyes open, she grew stiff. An arm was strewn across her, large hand dwarfing hers, their fingers loosely entangled. Breath tickled her neck and it made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. Swallowing thickly she turned around. Blinking to clear her vision, her mouth fell open at what beheld her. Wangja-nim.

    Her eyes slipped past his chest and drifted across the defined muscles that littered the expanse of his abdomen. He was…fully naked…. Her cheeks grew warm as her sight was brought to a pause right below his belly. A fur had tangled up and spread across his hips, her body and the mat they laid upon. But, just seeing the small amount of silky obsidian hair that peeked up from underneath the fur had her heart about to come out of her chest. 

    She finally forced herself away from his seductive warmth. He moved not, still seemingly sleep, his hair covering his face, mouth slightly afar. Lifting a fur she covered herself and surveyed the scene around them. Their clothes had been discarded, roughly she might add, disarray and a sense of urgency about them.         

    She felt a warm rush of wetness rise up from in between her thighs as her gaze drifted back to the sleeping man a few finger lengths away. What on earth had happened? Fear sliced her belly at all of the possible situations and she slowly stood, carefully and quietly as to not disturb him. Stepping over the mixture of wet and dry clothes, she found a hanbok neatly folded, seemingly meant for her. Slipping into it, she glanced back at him one last time before she high tailed it out of there, eager to be away. 

 

 

***

 

    When he’d awakened, he had found her gone, her lingering heat and scent still in the fur next to him. He’d laid there for quite a while and just reveled in the fact that she was alive. For the second time in the span of some months, he’d almost lost her to the clutches of death. He wasn’t sure how to direct his anger at that fact but he knew that he needed to thank the gods for their interference. He finally got up and got dressed, a sage green hanbok neatly folded and pressed. Tying his hair up into a ponytail, he had left the medicinal ward, seeking solace away from all in the libraries. His sister had discovered him and for a while kept him company and eventually left. But not before answering an unasked question. She had revealed that Hyung had been the cause of her almost drowning. In a fit of drunken rage, he’d followed her and gone after her, pushing her into the freezing lake himself. He’d almost gone after him but Mishil stopped him. 

    “Oppa-nim…don’t give him what he wants.” Furious, he brought a hand down onto one of the tables. 

    “This will forever be a never ending game between the two of you. If you continue, your musori will unfortunately see her demise.” At that, he swallowed whatever spit remained in his mouth. 

    “You care?” Mishil sighed heavily. 

    “For her not entirely. But… what I can’t ignore is the way you react when she is harmed. It makes me think that she might be of good use after all.”

    “Is that so?”

    “She will always be a cheonmin. And a musori at that. But…perhaps this once I can extend some understanding towards her. Some…grace. For the actions of our brother.” He took his seat, eyes intensely on her. 

    “Seo Jun oppa has descended into a state of madness the women in the harem say. I am inclined to believe them. He has fallen even further from our Father’s graces and he may never get back into them again.” Bowing her head, she left him alone. His finding the decayed head of the one he had employed to kill his own brother had altered everything about him they said. The battle he lost, the humiliation he suffered too great to recover from they said. Getting up, he closed the scrolls he had been reading and neatly filed them in their proper place. On this day, with the sun shining bright despite the chill, he would ride. Ride until he floated away from the Palace itself, her enemies, danger, hatred and lurk of death that hid behind every corner. He’d lose himself. 

 

*** 

 

    “He was naked?”

    “Aigoo!”

    “Did you two do it?”

    “Yah, that’s a stupid question! Of course not! She was on the verge of death Min-Ah.”

    “I’d have woken up, nice and toasty and sucked the soul out of him.” At that the women all bust out laughing. 

    “What? He’s the better looking one of the two brothers. And he’s not as rough.”

    “Min-Ah! Shut up!” 

    “Yah yah, stop pestering the poor girl! She almost died. Woke up finding herself naked in the arms of the man she loves. And now, she’s in shock. Leave her alone!” Sitting by the mirror, she’d picked up a fan and its air spritzed across her face. 

    “Tiye, how do you feel?” Hae had reached for her hand and grabbed it tightly. 

    “I…I don’t know what happened like…”

    “You almost drowned last night. You don’t remember anything?”

    “The only thing I remember is being pushed. I didn’t see who.” 

    “Rumor has it that it was Seo Jun wangja-nim.” At that, she grew tight with anger and lifted her eyes to the woman who spoke. 

    “Come again?”

    “It’s all over the servant quarters that he pushed you. The girls are all frightened now, wondering if he is going to stalk them at night and push them to their deaths should they cross him wrong.” 

    “I see.” She replied, voice quiet and contemplative.  

    “Did you do anything to upset him? He’s known to be a loose cannon out of the two brothers.”

    “I have wronged him not. But then perhaps him pushing me was not because of me.” The women blinked in confusion as she got up. 

    “I’m…I’m going to find Wangja-nim.” Hae gave a thumbs up and a wink, playfully motioning for her to leave with her hands. Throat full of emotion, she slid the door closed. Something told her that even in the midst of the rain, he was with Dong-Il. Before the day was through, she’d find him. 

 

*** 

 

    Wind sliced through the strands of his hair and he let his head fall back, allowing the body of the horse to transport him to another world. 

    “Wangja-nim!” Lifting his head, he turned to Tiye riding towards him on a white mare. Smiling as she approached him, he lifted his hair back from his face, strands that after so long of having been kept shorn now inched past his shoulders. 

    “I was wondering when you’d finally come out of hiding.” Panting, she pressed a hand to her heart. 

     “You come all the way from the palace to find me?” She nodded, cheeks warm. 

    “Considering how you woke up this morning, I know it all is confusing to you.”

    “Yeah.”

    “You were dying Tiye.” At that, her throat grew tight. 

    “I had to save you the only way I could think of.”

    “I’m… I’m glad you did. It saved me.” 

    “I’m glad too.”  He replied with a teasing smile. 

    “I’m sure.”  She answered with pursed lips. He clucked his tongue in a reprimanding manner. 

    “I don’t remember telling you to speak to me in such an informal way Tiye.” There, a grin teased her mouth. 

    “I don’t remember needing you to tell me what to do and what not to do.” At her haughty remark, his mouth formed a smirk and he lifted an eyebrow. Always the same and yet…yet it was different. 

    “Is that the way you thank me for saving your life?” 

    “Tuh.” She replied, tone full of sass. It brought a chuckle from him. Kisses once given on the hands and forehead now drifted much closer to lips, always in a teasing manner. Close but still so far away.

    “Perhaps you need reminding of just whom you speak to.”

    “Tuh.” She orated again, dismissing his statement with a wave of her hand, turning her gaze away from him. Smirk deepening, he licked his bottom lip. 

    “I could have you beheaded for treason. Hung from the gallows.” He said as he observed Dong-Il nuzzle her mare. 

    “But you won’t.” She replied back, eyes on the same sight as he. 

    “I won’t?”

    “You’re not that kind of man.” 

    “Perhaps you’ve been led to believe wrong eolin-i.” Finally, their eyes met. 

    “Have I?”

    “If I so chose, I could have you stripped and beaten for your disrespect.” She chewed her bottom lip and he watched her lift the reins to her mare. 

    “You can. But you won’t.” She replied again and with a slight slap of the reins, the mare began to trot off. He gripped his set of reins and set off after her. 

    “Tell me then…what will I do to you?” He asked, horse now trotting. 

    “On this day of rain, you’ll indulge me with your time like you used to when we were but children.”

    “Ah. Will I?”

    “You’ve been running the events of the past 24 hours over and over in your head since you woke up. You could use a break and you know it. Just forget everything for just a moment.” Turning her head back towards him, her eyes teased him. 

    “Play with me.” Like lightening she took off suddenly, laughter sweet and light as the wind rustled her hanbok. He felt his own laughter respond to her and commanded Dong- Il into a run, catching up to her. Forcing him in front of her mare, he took her in. The braids that had once traveled down her back like black rope had made their reappearance to his pleasure. Her hair had been braided in single plaits and tied back with that alluring golden twine. Her mahogany skin seemed to radiate and shimmer in the sun’s glow. Her lips were smooth and plump and they begged to be kissed. The sliver of her exposed neck glistened with visible perspiration and he wanted to lick each and every drop of it away. Instead, he licked his lips. 

    “Eolin-i.” 

    “Yes wangja-nim?”

    “What would my world be like without you? I dare not even think about it.”

    “What good is it to think about it if it is not so?” The way her voice softened sent chills down his spine. 

    “I know you know. That it was your brother who did it. And I know that you shall retaliate against him. I know all of these things.” Leaning forward a bit on her mare, she buried fingers into her mane. 

    “We shall deal with it all… together.”

    “Indeed.”

    “Right now… I’m simply asking that you let it all go. Allow the wind to move you. Allow the rain to soak into your skin. Allow yourself the freedom to be as you once were with me.” 

    “If I don’t wish to be?” She laughed, delight dancing on her features. 

    “Then I shall ride away on this here mare and your life will return to what it once was.” She joked, eyes twinkling with mischief. But his gaze was intense. 

    “Perhaps I don’t want to go back. Perhaps I want to be something more.” A slender eyebrow lifted. 

    “Something more?”

    “Do something more?” Smirking, she rolled her eyes. 

    “That’s not what you said but okay.” Grinning, he steered Dong-Il right beside her. 

    “We’re doing an awful lot of talking for two wanting to play.”

    “Then shut up and let’s spar.” 

    “That’s what I thought you’d suggest.”

    “You know me too well hm?”

    “Very much so. I also know you now keep a eunjangdo.” He lifted his hand to her shoulder. 

    “Though you keep it well hidden, knowing you, it’d be kept right here.” He’d dropped his hand, skimming her sternum. Lifting his eyes, his smirk grew even deeper. She playfully pushed his hand away from her.

    “Think of your Queen Consort Wangja-nim. Surely, she would not be happy knowing you tease me so brazenly.” Dismounting, she indeed reached into her chima and pulled the small dagger from the pocket near her breast. He soon joined her on land and took hold of his geumjangdo, sheath remaining. 

    “How will she know if you nor I tell her?” Pursing her lips, she charged at him. The wind picked up her braids and the familiar scent of spice and slight sweetness wafted across his nose. He parried her attack, grabbing the wrist that held her weapon. Unsheathing her weapon, she swung at him with her free hand, making a tear in the sleeve of his jeogori. Jumping back, he chuckled. 

    “You’re not playing fair.”

    “Is battle fair?” This time he came at her and blocked her attack. But this time, he took her by surprise, sweeping her feet out from under her. Before she could get up, he straddled her, holding her wrists. Reaching up, he plucked her weapon from her fingers and sheathed it. 

    “Is this about nostalgia? Or something else?” He asked, voice low and husky. 

    “What something else is there?” Her breathy response. 

    “You tell me.” Lifting up her hips, she used her strength to turn him on his back. She lifted up, pulling her hands away from his.

    “I have no idea what you speak of. This something more…what does it entail?”

    “Things I fear you might not be ready for eolin-i.” Sitting up fully, she let those hands slip down his chest until they paused near his stomach. 

    “How are you to know what I’m ready for? You might be surprised to find I’m ready for a lot of things.” Her words stirred his loins and he licked his lips. Lifting up, he kissed her forehead and down to her nose. Her breath caught as he gave her one last kiss, this time dangerously close to her mouth. 

    “When I saw you there on the bank, cold and grey…it did something to me Tiye.” He whispered against her. Lifting his eyes to hers, they trapped her. 

    “As I held you close, desperately trying to give you my heat… my warmth, it made me think….made me wonder if the fear that still clings to my chest is really worth it.” She pulled away from him, coming to stand. He followed suit, lifting a hand to her hair. 

    “We should ride back now hm?” Taking her cheeks in between his fingers he squished.

    “Yah…” She complained cutely, making her lips poke out more. Chuckling, he let her go.  Mounting her mare, she waited until he climbed into his saddle. 

    “For all this trouble I want a reward.” Picking up his hair in the wind, the strands wetly breezed across his face.

    “Name it.”

    “Meat. Meat and my first taste of rice wine.”

    “You shall have what you desire.” Her face lit up and a boyish grin came to his face. 

    “However, I want something from you Tiye.” 

    “Name it.” 

    “A kiss.” A blush, having already formed, intensified, a gorgeous red color spreading across those bronzed cheeks. 

    “Have you not given me three already?” Reaching forward, he part her lips with his thumb, gliding across her plump bottom one. 

    “This place remains untouched.” Leaving her speechless, he withdrew his hand, slapped the reins and took off.

    “W-WANGJA-NIM!” The sound of her mare whinnying drifted up behind him and he forced Dong-Il into full speed, not allowing her to catch up. 

    “WANGJA-NIM! WAIT!” He eased into a steady trot as the gates of the palace neared. Turning, he found her out of breath as she approached, cheeks ablaze. Laughing gently, he dismounted and rubbed his shoulder as she came closer. Coming to the mare’s side, he gently thanked her for the ride, petting her neck. Glancing up at her he let his hand fall from the animal and instead lifted them to rest on her hips. 

    “Come, let’s get you down now.”  Lifting her other leg out of the saddle, she gripped his shoulders and slowly slipped into his arms. Holding tight, he brought her down. She swallowed thickly, eyes at his chest. 

    “About your reward…your request…surely you were just playing.” Her voice was soft, fingers gripping his jeodori. 

    “That was not a playful request.” Taking a shaky breath, she glanced oft in the distance. 

    “If they see?” She asked, locking eyes with the guards that stood at the watch towers. 

    “Then they see.” Swallowing thickly, she took a shaky breath. 

    “We…we shouldn't do this Wangja-nim. We can’t do this.” 

    “Give me a reason why we shouldn’t.”

    “For one you’re set to take the Throne. Set to be married to one of the Kingdom’s most desired beauty.” Leaning down, he pressed his lips against her jawline. 

    “Give me another reason. A better reason.” 

    “W-what about our friendship? Isn’t it enough? Pressing soft butterfly kisses across her jaw, he sighed deeply against her. 

    “Is this honestly friendship?” Her eyed fluttered closed as his lips roamed up across her cheekbone. 

    “It’s traveled far past being platonic and the realization of that has scared you. It’s scared me too.”

    “Wangja-nim…”

    “Isn’t it time we were honest with ourselves? Don’t you tire of lying to yourself about what you feel?” 

    “I…” 

    “I’ve wanted something more. Deep down I know you have too.”

    “…Wangja-nim-” 

     “Is that title all I am to you? Is Wangja the only thing that comes to mind when you think of me?” She bit her bottom lip but soon her gaze was brought upward and her lips were forced apart by his, his teeth soon taking her flesh into his mouth. 

    “I must change your perception of me then.” He breathed before taking her mouth again, kiss intoxicating and deep. The earth shifted underneath her feet and she felt her spirit drift up into the very clouds. The soft groan that came from his throat rocked her entire being and the emotion behind it made her knees tremble. Whimpering against his mouth, she melted against him in complete surrender. When her lips were bruised with rosy passion, he let her free.

    “Tonight, you shall have your meat and rice wine. Tonight, we shall finally live in our truths.” Stepping back from her, he intertwined their fingers, bringing her hand up to be kissed.

    “Shall we eolin-i?” 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Alas, we have come to the place where our prince and princess not only admit their true feelings but ACT on those feelings. *dreamy sigh* A lot went on in this chapter man. There we go with water scenes again LOL. I swear I think I have them in every one of my stories?? LOL. hehehehe. Okay, please leave your comments, thoughts, likes, dislikes, concerns, etc. I love y'all! I'm doing JUST fine everyone! Taking precautions as best I can and leaving the rest up to God! I know He goeth before me! Amen? See you next week! <3 

 

D&L







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.