Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Seumulyeodeol 

twenty-eight 

 

*WARNING: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, DEATH AND SEXUAL CONTENT. PLEASE BE WARNED.*

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Screams rippled through the air and she shot up, eyes wide and full of fear. There was a loud commotion outside in the hall and she quickly shot up and went to the door, opening it up just enough to peek out. There upon the floor laid a woman, blood oozing from her head and spreading in a fast pool on the wooden floor. Her breath caught in her throat and she shut the door, back leaned upon it chest heaving. Her eyes misted with tears and she tightened her hands into fists. He’d done it again. When would he be tamed? 

 

    *** 

 

    1036 A.D

 

    Two bodies writhed against each other and a female moan of pleasure filled the small lit room. Sweat dotted the hairline of the two but lips met with fervor, desperate not to part for even a moment. 

    “Faster my darling….faster…” It amazed her how strong he was to be able to lift and hold her for so long, fingers digging into the wooden shelf behind her. Faster he obliged, his thick heavy length growing even deeper inside of her. She was close to climax and he was too, she could tell by the way his moans grew closer and closer, his body harshly colliding with hers. A book or two plopped down onto the floor, not being able to withstand the rattling and it was then that she reached the pinnacle of pleasure, allowing her voice to fill the room with it. He gave two or three more hard strokes before he too followed her to paradise, spilling his seed within her, hot thick and copious. Hissing softly, he buried his face against her hair with a moan. 

    “I’m sorry…” Drifting fingers into his hair, she calmed him with a soft little kiss, her gaze warm. 

    “Don’t be.” His cheeks grew pink. 

    “What if you become with child?” Shivering as his excess leaked out of her, she bit her lip. 

    “Then I will raise it with love.” She whispered, her own cheeks growing a shade of rose. Though he was normally bashful, quiet and kept to himself, this time a serious look graced his face. He cupped her cheek and made her look at him. 

    “Mishil. Don’t be foolish.” Carefully he put her back onto the ground and began to dress himself. 

    “What is foolish about wanting children with you?” He sighed, lifting hands to rustle his hair. 

    “It’s not possible. It can never be. You know this.” Helping to tie her sokjeogori he kissed her temple. 

    “Please…let this be the last time.” At that, she pouted and grabbed hold of his durumagi. 

    “Do you really want it to be?” Displeasure spiked on his face but he swallowed. 

    “You are who you are Mishil. I am who I am. We must not get in the way of destiny.”

    “My destiny is mine to decide Byung Ho. And I will have you in it.” Slipping into her jeogori, she tied it closed and pushed the sweaty hair back from her face. Quickly, she braided it. 

    “No matter what happens, you will always have my heart. We must remain close.” Pulling him in for a kiss, she smiled as he seemed to relax against her, putting up no further argument. 

    When he’d slipped out of the library nook, she waited until she felt the coast was clear. Coming out, she froze. Standing there with a twisted grin on his face was none other than Seo Jun oppa. Clucking his tongue, he tsked, grin growing wider. 

    “My, what a little liar you are.” Adopting a poker face, she clutched her hands together. 

    “Of what have I lied about Oppa-nim?”

    “Fucking that horse rat.” Her stomach turned to and fro but she remained calm. 

    “Am I not allowed to have my playthings? You have yours. Plenty of them.” Chuckling, he tsked again, drawing closer to her. 

    “What would Father think if he heard his youngest daughter was a slut?” 

    “Aren’t you the biggest one of them all? Don’t judge me Oppa-nim.” That earned her a slap across the cheek. 

    “Bite your tongue little one. I can’t be replaced but he sure can.” At that, fear broke through the barrier of her face mask. 

    “What are you talking about?”  That twisted grin was back. 

    “Let’s pray to the Gods that you behave. For if you don’t, he shall pay the price for it.” Sinking her teeth down into the tip of her tongue, she swallowed any defiance and bowed her head. 

    “My apologies Oppa-nim. I meant no disrespect.” He sneered and brushed past her, leaving her alone, the night covering her with quiet. 

 

*** 

 

    

 

    Things changed when her cycle never came. She was nervous of course, scared of what the King, her father would say once he found out. If he found out. Both of them had been careful, changing their meeting places and times but even still, she felt as though the eyes of her brother lurked overhead. She had determined that this would be a secret that only she and Byung-Ho would share. Her father would never find out as long as he lived and she’d make sure that the child would be impeccably educated and taken care of. She’d sworn her maids to secrecy, threatening to have them beheaded should loose lips open. 

    He had been just as nervous as she when she’d revealed it to him one late August night. Having shed her hanbok, she stood in front of him bare, the swollen belly bump starting to be visible. He’d stood still, staring at her as if truly seeing her for the first time. But as she took his hands and placed it on her stomach, she could see a myriad of emotions take over him. Tears welled up in his eyes and he silently shed them as he pulled her against him in a hug. That night, his seed again filled her womb but this time it was given and received with warmth and love. If only he could have stayed locked inside of her for a thousand lifetimes. 

    A few days after their last night meeting it happened. She’d done well to conceal her growing bump and got prepared to go for a horse ride. Her darling always took such good care of her mare and she was thirsty for a sight of him any how. 

 

*** 

 

    Leaving, she made her way to the main staples when she was met with a crowd of people. The gungnyeo all flanked around her sides, as if to protect her from the other nobles. 

    “What’s this? Why are you blocking my path?” She questioned them, voice already filled with irritation. 

    “My Lady perhaps we should go another day.” 

    “Move.” The woman in front of her did not and for that she was struck. 

    “I won’t ask again.” She hissed, eyes flashing dangerously. Though she was reluctant, she moved aside and so did the other members of court. Up ahead a man had been tortured and beaten, stripped naked. His arms and legs had been tied to two opposing horses who awaited command. She felt as though she would vomit and everything in her told her that it was Byung Ho. Grabbing hold of her chima, she ran towards him. 

    “What is the meaning of this?! Who is responsible for this?” She demanded, wildly eying the government officials and courtiers who stood by. 

    “My Lady, it is the First Prince, Second Crown Prince who has made the decree.” As if on cue, said man belted out a laugh, one so evil it sent chills down her spine. 

    “Oppa-nim…”

    “Come now yodongsaeng. Don’t make a scene.” He chided, crossing his arms as he came closer. Leaning down, he whispered the words sealing his fate into her ear. 

    “Think about the child.” Freezing, she lifted wide tear filled eyes to his. 

    “How…How did you-” Smirking, he walked past her. 

    “This man dares to steal from the royal family. It is imperative we make an example out of him.” 

    “What has he done?” Some of the noblewomen asked, curiously peeking at him from behind their veils. 

    “He attempted to steal my sister’s hairpin. Set to give it to his own.” Disgusted cries traveled through the crowd. 

    “One of the gungnyeo found him in her chambers and appropriately reported it to me. Therefore, what must we do with thieves? Deliver a punishment just and rightfully deserved. Turning her head, she eyed the woman who dared to interrupt her earlier. Bitch. Traitorous cunt. 

    “She’s lying. He’s done no such thing.” 

    “And why would she do that? Why lie on you, me and our father?” For that, she could not answer and the once nausea now turned into lightheadedness. Swallowing thickly, she took a shaky breath and lifted up to take hold of her brother’s jeogori. 

    “Please…please don’t do this Oppa-nim. I beg you…Please.” 

    “If only he’d been born a different man hm? Even as an illegitimate son, he would have disgraced you.” Turning, he lifted his hand and signaled the horsemen to move.

    “Consider this a much needed sacrifice.”  With a slap to the bottom, they guided them into a run and they began to take off in opposite directions, bringing forth screams of pure agony from her love. Soon, he was silenced as his entire body ripped in two, innards, arm and legs all plopping onto the ground. His blood was the last thing she saw as she fell faint into the arms of one of the gungnyeo. 

 

 

*** 

 

    Soon after that, she’d been given medicine, told it would help with her nausea and dizziness only later to discover that it was an abortive cocktail. By then, it was too late. Blood soaked her bedding, crippling pain followed after. Blood seemed to be one of the things her brother craved for, lusted after. And now with his murder of another woman…she feared that she would give up all hope. 

    Tears welled up in her eyes. She knew that she was fortunate. She knew that she lived a life more than half of the country could only dream of. She was spoiled, coddled and was used to a certain lifestyle. Of which those things she didn’t deserve to be blamed for. Byung-Ho’s murder showed her quite a few things. One: life was not as sweet as she’d been made to believe. Two: her brother did not care about her or any of his family members. Should he not have use for them, he’d discard them ruthlessly without a care in the world. Three: If she could, she’d ask the Gods to either grant her one wish… to make him a nobleman. A prince from another land even… it didn’t matter. Just… just as long as they could love without any status or rank getting in the way. Lifting hands to wipe her cheeks, she sniffed and soon placed them on her belly. She’d demand something be done about Seo Jun oppa-nim. Enough was enough.

 

 

*** 

 

    “Those invaders didn’t stand a chance against Sekhemrekhutawy’s arrow.” 

    “Yeah, he’s awesome!” Lips smiled and tender eyes took a bunch of boys in sight as they sat on the fountain edge, swinging their feet to and fro. 

    “Yeah but why’s he got that weird dress on?” 

    “Mama said it’s not nice to make fun of someone else’s culture.”

    “He’s got an Egyptian name so doesn’t that make him kinda like us?”    

    “But we’re not Egyptian Piankhy. We’re Kushites.” 

    “Hm.”

    “Hey, we should go ask him if he can teach us to shoot an arrow!” The boys jumped off of the edge and ran towards the man dressed in a coral and dusty rose colored ensemble, a large brimmed black hat on his head. He had been talking to Royal Sister Tiye, his fingers playfully squishing her cheeks. She began to laugh, lips in a deep pout. At the tap at his back, he let go of her face and looked down at three young boys, all of who were staring at him, curious fascination aglow in their eyes. 

    “Whoa, it’s even cooler looking up close. He’s got jade beads on his hat string!” A chuckle came from him as one of the other boys elbowed the speaker in the chest. 

    “Ow!”

    “What can I do for you young ones?” He asked, kneeling to look at them eye level. 

    “Um…w-we wanted to k-know if you can show us how to shoot an arrow.” Smiling handsomely, he lifted his hand to the boy’s head. 

    “I think I can. Where’s your Mama and Baba? Are they nearby?” The kids turned, pointing at the set of observant eyes. 

    “There’s my Baba. Piankhy and Taharqa’s Mama and Baba are in the Temple.” 

    “Ah.”

    “What is your name little one?” This time, eight pairs of eyes turned to look at Royal Sister Tiye. 

    “Whoa you’re pretty…” Again, said boy was jabbed with an elbow. 

    “Ow, stop doing that!”

    “Um…Kashta…is my name Great Royal Sister.” She gently pinched his cheek. 

    “I will speak with your Baba to let him know where you will be Great Future King. I’m sure he will inform the other boys’ parents should they inquire.” She replied to the chagrin of the boys, each one’s cheeks growing a dark red. 

    “I’ll return with them safety. I won’t be too long.” The man said, his voice warm and kind sounding. 

    “Take as much time as you like dearest. I’m sure they will learn a thing or two from you.” Pressing a soft kiss to the man’s cheek, she waved goodbye to them and headed over to his parents. 

    “Come on, let’s see what you boys are made of hm?”

 

*** 

 

 

 

    The sound of drip drops roused him from his sleep. Distant at first, they had grown increasingly louder and louder until they echoed right upon his eardrums. Getting up, he slipped into his sokjeogori and slowly headed towards the door. Judging by the light outside it was approaching midday. It wasn’t like him to sleep till then so he was slightly confused about why of all days today was it. Lifting a hand, he rustled his hair, the strands messy and unruly. The urge to check on Mishil hit him deep in the stomach and he slid fingers across the wood door, opening it. Peering out into the hallway, he found it empty. Quiet. How strange. Taking a tentative step forward, he inched his way down the hall and turned the corner. No signs of life were had and other feelings soon met his belly. Dread. Fear. Confusion. 

    “Mishil?” He called, eyes watching for signs of gungnyeo. Nothing. Swallowing thickly, he happened by the harem. Rapping softly against the door, he opened it. Empty as if the women inside had just left. Afternoon tea still steaming. Layers of hanbok, shoes and other accessories scattered around. 

    “Hae-ssi?” Nothing. The feeling of dread intensified as he went next to his brother’s chambers. He was not inside and there was no sign of him having been there for a while, the room stripped of all of his belongings. 

    “What the hell is going on…” He whispered to himself, turning to view the empty courtyard. Before he knew it, he had started running, prying open doors to rooms and searching for anyone anywhere. Libraries. Empty. Kitchen. Empty. Servants quarters. Empty. Concubine’s quarters. Empty. It made no fucking sense. Even the King and Queen’s chambers were empty and it sent a chill down his spine. His gut told him to go to the Throne room so he headed that way, hesitantly approaching long columned corridors. Drip. Drop. 

    Creasing his brow, he slowed his steps. Drip Drop. Drip Drip. One more step and he froze. The corridors were brightly lit thanks to the sunlight and the almost dizzying colors of red, green, and jade seemed to provide an etheral pathway into another world. Admist the beauty, horror lied ahead. The bodies of the inner court had been strung up, each column serving as a gallows. Their gwanbok had been stained with blood and it dripped down from the posts, some having slid down their feet, bare and ashen. Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop. It met the ground, pooling beneath them. His heart thrashed wildly in his chest and the breath came harsher as he hurried past. 

    “Father! Mother! Mishil!” Frantically ripping open the doors, he felt immediately sick to his stomach. At his feet lay complete and utter carnage. Bodies of guards, court officials, gungnyeo and other noblemen and woman lay strewn the floor, arms, feet, fingers, ears, even heads thrown about. He couldn’t control the nausea coming up and out of his throat and began to retch violently. He fell to his knees, spilling more vomit that seemed to mingle with the blood beneath his hands. Tears streamed down his cheeks and he lifted his head, eyes up ahead. There lied his mother and sister, bodies naked and mutilated. Nipples had been cut off and a large blunt object hat been shoved up into their vaginas. 

    “No…No please…” He begged, trying to will himself to stand. Further up laid the body of his father. He appeared to have been shot with arrows, his eyes missing. 

    “Hyung! Hyung, where are you?” 

    “It took you long enough.” He turned his head around so quickly his neck near came off. There he stood, the cloth of a King upon his body. Behind him stood a horde of men dressed in furs and armor, all wielding swords, bow and arrow and other crude weapons. He grinned, shaking his head as he let his eyes roam across him. 

    “You’re pitiful.”

    “W-what have you done Hyung? Who are these men?” He asked, eying them. 

    “You took your sweet time and abandoned it. I grew tired of waiting and took it.”

    “I didn’t abandon anything…I-”

    “This is all your fault. You’re the blame for this.” Seo Jun kneeled down, looking him straight in the eye.

    “You killed them. It was your doing. And for making my job easier, I truly thank you.” Standing, he said something to the men in a language he didn’t understand and they drew closer. 

    “Hyung, don’t do this! Wait, WAIT!” Before he knew it, a sword came flying towards him. 

 

*** 

 

      With a startled yell, he shot up in bed, slicked head to toe in sweat. His chest heaved and his eyes were wild. Tiye roused, slowly sitting up. 

    “Cheol-su?” Turning those eyes onto her, for a moment he was too disoriented to respond. His breathing filled the room, deep heavy and labored. Gasping almost. Her eyes filled with concern and she reached out to caress his cheek. 

    “What’s wrong?” He didn’t move for the longest time, body stiff and hard. She said not a word as she pulled him to her in a hug, arms wrapping around him slowly. Instantly, he relaxed against her, nuzzling up against her. He pressed his face against her bosom as she stroked his hair. Voice soft and gentle she quietly shushed him. Lips kissed his forehead and his breathing soon resumed normalcy. Eyes drooping, he fell asleep once more, this time feeling safe and warm…protected. 

    She still had him close when he awakened, watching intensely as his eyes opened. Gently, she traced his bottom lip with her thumb and leaned forward to allow their foreheads to touch. Her eyes fell downcast on her softly teasing thumb. 

    “Grand rising my love.” Sighing, he bit the inside of his cheek before answering. 

    “Grand rising.” The teasing of his lips stopped and instead she brushed his cheek with the back of her finger.

    “Do you want to talk about it?” She asked, voice whispery and soft. Lifting up, he leaned his head down upon her shoulder for a moment before kissing it. A heavy pressing disturbed the otherwise peace of the moment and he knew they would have to.

    “Tiye…”

    “Hm?” Taking her small face in his hands, he looked into her eyes, his filled with an intense seriousness that suddenly made her feel queasy. 

    “I think it’s time to return to Goryeo.” 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Whew so this was intense.... it seems that there is underlying trouble in paradise....something set to only increase as the time wans on. A lot happened this update and it may take you (or not hehe) by surprise. Byung-ho.. y'all member him? The cute (in my mind) little stableboy that Cheol-su thanked time and time again for taking care of Dong-Il way back in the beginning? Yeah well he grew up and....unfortunately...fell in love with the wrong girl. Wang Mishil. 

Now I know y'all asking me... MISHIL? OF ALL CHICKS IT GOTTA BE HER? LOL. Yes.... member also when Mishil was talkin to her Oppa-nim those years ago and she asked him would he abandon her should she fall in love with a cheonmin man? Talkin bout Byung-ho. Now, realistically I know that somethin like this would not typically end well (and it didn't.) and might not even have happened for real for real. The hierarchy system was soo rigid... princesses were most definitely not in a secret relationship with stable boys. (or perhaps they were and we'll never know about it. I'm sure they had forbidden loves too shoo lol). 

What I wanted to show was some character development for Mishil? An evil brat when she was younger (still got them evil tendencies. They ain't went nowhere lol), now she's experienced hardships and tough life lessons. It has in a way sobered her up and matured her. She still can and will be a force to be reckoned with. She always was keen wasn't she? She sees the picture just for what it is and she knows what's up. Will she prove to be an opposing force? Will she be an aid to our couple? (as crazy as that sounds based on how this whole entire thing started LOL) We'll see. 

WANG SEO JUN IS EVIL INCARNATE. There's no other way to describe him but likened to the devil himself. He's a disgusting excuse for a brother, son and human being. How you just kill people for the enjoyment of it? Just cause you can? Just cause you wanna destroy every happy thing around you? Listen, Jae-Hwa better be careful cause this dude ain't the one to play with. 

WHEW. Our prince's spirit has been shaken and now he know that it is time to go back home. But I wonder what will await them when they return? How y'all feelin lol 

 

I hope y'all enjoy hehe and I'll see y'all next week with my last saved chapter update written while on my vacation *inserts a million heart eye emojis* Love y'all, hope y'all well! Thank y'all for rockin with me hehe. Take care and God bless.

D&L

 

18-year-old Wang Mishil 

**this girl plottin somethin. lol. Look at that expression on her face lol** 

 

Our handsome lovely innocent stableboy Byung-ho. Visual: the beautiful Kim Ji Soo

 

*starts sobbing* HE DID NOT DESERVE WHAT HE GOT. HE WAS A KIND HEARTED HARD WORKING MAN WHO JUST WANTED TO LIVE SIMPLY WITH THE ONES HE LOVED.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.