Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Set 

(three) 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The seas were always so beautiful at that time of morning. When the sun decided to kiss the horizon and show its love to the expanse, bleeding shades of lilac, reds and oranges as its offering. The gentle lap of the waves always calmed her and mornings like these she enjoyed feeling the sand gather between her toes. 

    “Tiye.” Turning towards the warm voice, the face of her mother appeared. Face painted with a declaration of war, small delicate nubs decorated the length of her jawline, covered in the paint. Her hair, long thick braids had been fashioned as if she wore a crown, some of then jutting from her scalp as to resemble the pointy golden spikes the pale faced royals wore across the sea. 

    “Mama…” The woman smiled gently, reaching to tease her own braids. 

    “It is time to awaken my child. It is time to fight.”

    “Fight? What am I to fight for?” 

    “The one who owns your heart.” Confusion etched into her features. 

    “There is no one who owns my heart.” Her mother laughed and it was deep and warm, like it always had been. Strong but loving. 

    “You shall see child. What it is I speak of. And then you must decide what you will do.” Her heart began to beat faster and before she could reply, the look of before on her mother’s face was one of horror. She was further away than she had been before which struck her as strange. 

    “TIYE!” Turning towards the sea, a man came at her with an ax and swung.

 

*** 

 

    Been taken by surprise, she didn’t have enough time to run and right before it collided with her skull, she awakened. She screamed, shooting up, clutching the pallet beneath her. 

    “Yah! Shut up! You’re too loud!” One of the other servant girls complained, turning away from her. 

    Lifting shaky hands to her face, she felt the sticky sweat. The fear. The confusion. Pulling back the covers, she took her time standing, her chima soaked with sweat. Desperate for the moisture to cool, she slipped outside, quietly taking in the cool morning air. Today was the day. The day she was supposed to spar with Wangja-nim. He’d told her about it days earlier and from the moment he said it, something about it seemed off. He’d told her that it wasn’t going to be a play fight. She’d have to really fight. The seriousness in his face and in his voice gave her chills. Something was not right. 

    “So you are awake then.” Turning, she found him standing in front of her, clothed in his sokgot and an elaborate jeoguri. He appeared to have just awakened himself, his hair messy, eyes heavy as though he hadn’t slept well. 

    “Is it time?” She asked softly, suddenly wishing she’d grabbed her own jeoguri, the air now chilling her bare shoulders. 

    “Not quite yet but soon it will be. Father wishes to commence with this early.”

    “Will you come to get me?” Sighing, he lifted his gaze and their eyes met. 

    “I will.” 

    “Wangja-nim-”

    “You look cold.” Stepping up the few stairs, he untied the small belt to his jeoguri and opened it, inviting her to step into its warm confinement. An invitation she accepted and for a moment, she reveled in his body heat as it chased the shudders and chill away. Closing the jeoguri around her, he wrapped arms around her, holding her close. 

    “This doesn’t look appropriate. Not in the least bit.” She said softly, face pressed against his chest. 

    “Why didn’t you bring your jeoguri?” He asked, completely ignoring her statement. 

    “I…I hadn’t thought about it honestly.” He lowered his chin to rest atop her head. 

    “You’re afraid.” He said matter of factly, glancing down at her as she snuggled closer underneath him. 

    “You are not?”

    “You needn’t fear anything Tiye.”

    “It is not the fight only that I fear.”

    “Hm?”

    “My going with you to Song. The Mongol threat we have to endure. That is what frightens me.” 

    “You don’t think you could defeat them?” Defiance spread in her expression and he delighted in it as she lifted her face, eyes full of sparks. 

    “My abilities should not be doubted.” 

    “I am aware eolin-i. Very much aware.” She finally pulled away from him, lifting fingers to tie his jeoguri closed. 

    “I should get inside before someone sees us.” He didn’t argue that and let her slip away, back inside. Heart beating rapidly against her chest, she went back to her pallet and laid back down, lifting her jeoguri to cover her face. 

 

***

 

    What had awakened him was a nightmare so jarring that it took several minutes for him to convince himself that it wasn’t real. He had gotten up and went as quickly as he could to the commoner’s chambers, not bothering to even dress properly. He had to see her, had to quiet the fear that dwelled in his mind. Seeing her standing just outside the door brought a relief to him that he would be rather embarrassed to admit. Dressed in only her chima, it was apparent that she too had suffered throughout the night, some mystery nightmare that too had disturbed her. 

    “Good rising Wangja-nim.” He bowed his head to the attendants that passed him, wakened and ready to get the machine that was the palace up and running for the morning. Opening his doors, he sighed heavily as he laid eyes on the rumpled disarray of his bed. Even so…. the dream itself was far too lucid to be ignored. 

 

*** 

 

    He’d come back from a ride and from the burn in his hamstrings he was satisfied that it had been a good productive one. He’d gone out early to practice archery and to his chagrin had hit ever mark. Belly howling with hunger, he went in search of Tiye. When his search had been unsuccessful, he drew near to his chambers. Where oh where was the little one? Surely, she had to be hungry. 

    The sound of a woman crying in agony paused his steps. Turning, he faced an empty corridor. A deep masculine rumble drifted into the airwaves and he turned back in the direction of his chamber. Quietly, he approached, step at a time. The sounds grew louder the nearer he grew and once again, a woman screamed out, tears and torture in her voice.

     Lifting shaky fingers to the door, he slid it open cautiously and at the sight within, he grew stiff, every muscle in his body frozen. There on his bed of furs his brother groaned as he thrust into a brown small woman, bound and forced underneath him. His hands had hold of her backside and gave a series of brutally hard thrusts until he climaxed, pulling his member from her and spraying his seed across her abused red cheeks. She wept, face having been forced down into the pillows and at a hard smack to her tender flesh, collapsed completely. Turning, the brothers made eye contact. 

    “If you won’t use her for what she’s here for, I will.” Standing up over the broken abused woman, he proceeded to urinate on her, laughing as she tried to scurry away. When he was done, he calmly tucked himself back into his trousers and faced him completely. 

    “I’ll do it again as many times as I choose. You’re too much of a coward to stop me.” 

 

*** 

 

    Throwing his jeoguri on the floor, he stepped into a bath, fresh and hot. Jaw tight, he punched the basin underneath the water, ignoring the burst of pain that traveled down his arm. Lifting his bruised hand from the water, he gripped the side of the tub and allowed the attendants to wash him. 

    “Wangja-nim, your hand needs tended to.”

    “It’s fine.” He dismissed, motioning for his robe. Stepping out, he was silent as they clothed him. 

    “Will you secure your hair today Wangja-nim?” One of the servants asked, his eyes averted. His first inkling was to refuse. Swallowing, he glanced at his hand, knuckles now starting to swell. 

    “Yes. I will.” 

    “As you wish.” 

 

*** 

 

    She sat in the quiet room, eyes closed and hands clasped. 

    “Musori, come with us.” Lifting, she stood still as the door opened to reveal Wangja-nim. Her breath caught in her throat as her gaze traveled across his appearance. A form fitting grey blue jeoduri trailed down the length of him, a matching belt with gold clasp enclosed around his waist. Navy concealed his arms and up above, his normally mussed obsidian locks were swept up and encased in a metal holder. 

    “Is it my turn to ask why you’re staring at me so intensely?” Feeling her cheeks warm, she composed herself and met his eyes. 

    “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you this way.” He looked every bit a prince and it hurt to even glance upon him. 

    “The hair. I know. It’s been a long long time.”

    “What made you decide to put it up?”

    “Every once in a while even rebellious princes need to show maturity right?” She smiled some but grew still as he lifted his hands to tease her shoulders, bare. 

    “They didn’t find it necessary to clothe you properly I see.” 

    “I must have wide range of movement. You’re lucky I didn’t ask them to hike up my chima.” 

    “So you requested this?”

    “How else am I to fight Wangja-nim?” 

    “Surely not half naked.” He replied, disapproval in his voice. 

    “Well then, perhaps I should be completely naked.”

    “And this is why you’ve gotten the lash twice now.” He took hold of her mouth and made her pout, his childish habit of squishing her cheeks together making him smirk. 

    “You don’t know when to be quiet.” 

    “You’re saying it gets me in trouble?”

    “That’s exactly what I’m saying.”  

    “Well…”

    “You would think after this time you would have learned.” Playfully forcing her lips to poke out further, he chuckled. 

    “What else must it take to tame this tongue of yours?” Whining in protest, she was glad when Duk, a court attendant appeared in the doorway. 

    “Pyeha, it is time to escort the girl to the courtyard.” Letting go of her cheeks, he straightened up with a clearing of the throat. 

    “Let us be on our way then eolin-i.” 

 

*** 

 

    Up ahead, Taewang and Wanbi-nim sat in red and gold chairs and a man whose back was facing her, twirled around a short sword. At her arrival, Wanbi-nim grew pale as she took in her appearance. Taewang-nim sat stiff and tall, lips pinched together. 

    “Your opponent is here Seo Jun.” Turning, he grinned at her, eyes sliding down her body. 

    “So this is how you show up to a fight? Perhaps seduction is what you aim for today musori. In which case it’s clearly working.”  

    “Father, this was not the agreement.” She eyed the man who called himself Wangja-nim’s eldest brother as he licked his lips, feasting on the sight of her shoulders. 

    “Seo Jun is a formidable opponent for your slave. You are not fit to spar with her. Not only will you show bias but you will show mercy. Seo Jun on the other hand will do neither of those two things.” 

    “Father-”

    “Enough! It is decided. Take your place and let the match begin.” Glancing at her, he took his seat next to his father, all the while his clenched fists were losing color. His jaw was tight and he most certainly did not look pleased. 

    “Come on whore of my brother’s. I am ready to get on with my day.” Turning cold eyes onto him, she outstretched her hand as an attendant placed a short sword in her palm. Turning to face him, she watched as he paced on each foot before he charged at her. Lifting her sword to block the attack, she grunted as he kicked her in the stomach, sending her back. Pain spread through her abdomen and she took a harsh breath before getting back up. He charged at her again but this time she ducked and twisted out of the way of his oncoming foot. Darting to the side, she struck him, nicking the sleeve of his hanbok. Licking his lips, he grinned. 

    “That a girl. Come to me.” 

 

*** 

 

    He gripped the arms of the chair so hard he felt like his hands were going to fall off.  At this point, he was sweating and he watched with grave concern as Tiye swerved out of the path of Hyung-nim’s sword. At this point in the battle, she had a few wounds, though shallow, they were there. And Seo Jun had a few to the surprise of everyone watching. She’d sliced his arm and cheek. The wound on his cheek would heal without much delay but the one on his arm was likely to scar permanently. Even in this clearly unfair fight, she was trying to show mercy on him. They played cat and mouse for a bit longer before the unthinkable happened. Her chima had drifted up some, enough to blind her sight as she tried to evade his attack. Seo Jun used it as the perfect opportunity to strike her, punching her hard in the face. She went down, obviously blindsided. At that, he stood. 

    “Enough.” He shouted at them but he advanced upon her and took her by the throat. Lifting his fist, he struck her again on the same cheek, blood now starting to ooze from her mouth. She reached up to scratch him, temporarily freeing herself. Swinging her sword, she made a gash on his back and turned to kick him but he grabbed her leg and pulled her down on the ground. Easily, he overpowered her purely by body weight alone and it seemed to crush her. She struggled, hands coming to grip his forearms as he once again took hold of her throat, strangling her. 

    He darted toward the table and grabbed whatever he could get his hands on, running down towards them. Pressing the blade against his throat, he spoke lowly. 

    “Let her go Hyung-nim.” He however held on, causing her to fight for air, legs flailing out underneath him. He slashed the side of his neck and that caused him to finally free her. She coughed and gasped, holding her own neck. 

    “She’s not worth shit. Can’t be used as a fuck. Can’t be used as a warrior.” Seo Jun sneered, ignoring the blood that seeped down the side of his neck. 

    “She’s better off dead.” In that moment, he lost it. Lost reason. He charged for him and together they fell backwards. Lifting his fist, he punched him in the jaw. They tousled on the ground before he landed another solid hit to his face. The dirt from the ground came up into his eyes and he fell back, having been hit in the mouth. 

    “The little bitch is worthless. And yet you take up for her so passionately.” Seo Jun taunted, kicking him in the side. 

    “You don’t even defend your own sister the way you defend her. It makes me wonder what kind of magic potion she feeds you to get you to act this way.” Before he could land another hit, their father finally stood. 

    “Duk, Hyak, take the-” A foot came out of nowhere and smashed Seo Jun’s face, sending him to the ground, unconscious. Through his mess of hair that had come from his holder, he watched as Tiye fell back to the ground, now panting. Everyone’s eyes fell to her. 

    “Wangja-nim!” The two men rushed to his brother who laid out cold. 

    “Taewang-nim, the girl should be arrested for this offense!” 

    “She will not be arrested. This time, she will be granted a pardon.” His reply caught them off guard.

    “Taewang-nim-”

    “Take my son and tend to his wounds.” Coming down the stairs, he came to stand right in front of her. 

    “Cheol Su.” Lifting, he watched as he turned to face him. 

    “Take the girl to be treated.” 

    “Where does that leave this farce?” 

    “I have seen enough. She and three others will accompany you on your journey.” Jaw tight, his father stepped out of the way as he knelt to lift Tiye into his arms. 

    “Seo Jun’s wounds however shallow they might be may never heal. Being beaten by a woman is a hard pill to swallow.” Eyes landing on his unconscious body being taken into the palace, they soon turned back to him. 

    “She has proven herself. Seo Jun has proven himself. Now, it is your turn.” 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: IT'S FRIYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! WHOOHOOOOOO! hehe. Can y'all feellll the LOVE tonighttttttt? lol. I'm tellin y'all when Cheollie and Tiye finally make love y'all KNOW it's bout to be on FIRE. lol. Their chemistry is so palpable man. The tension just DRIPS off of them. I LUH DEM! OKAY! Sooo.... Cheollie's daddy tried to set our baby girl UP but you see how that back fired huh? He ain't playin with a full deck and neither is Seo Jun. Cheol Su need to be very careful who he lets in his circle. 

I've got pictures down below for you! Love you and see you soon! God bless!

D&L

 

 terms:

chima- type of skirt worn together with jeogori.

jeoduri-is the garment that covers the arms and upper part of the wearer's body. Think of it likeeee a jacket? Or coat almost?

 

 

Park Taemin providing the visual of our baby Cheol Su all beat up (le sniff):

Cheol Su's hanbok:







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.