Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


 


 


Dul 


(two) 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    He’d hurt her. He knew he did. The minute he forced her out of his chamber into the common quarters he knew what it felt like. A ripping betrayal. And he couldn’t sugarcoat it. That’s exactly what it was.. But…no matter how much he cared for her, how much he had befriended her… spoiled her even… he could not forget. He was Wang Cheol Su, prince consort of the Goryeo Kingdom. If he was going to gain the trust of his people… he needed to show backbone. A knock at his door roused him from his thoughts. 

    “Enter.”

    “So you threw her out huh?” Reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose, he set disinterested eyes on the leering grin on his elder brother’s face.  

    “Hyung-nim, I’m very busy right now. Can this wait?”

    “I have a request to ask you.”

    “What is it?”

    “Can I have a go at her?” At that, his writing hand paused and the ink started to stain the parchment. 

    “I’m…I’m sorry?”

    “You heard me little brother. I want to fuck the girl.” Forcing the pen down, he slowly stood, eyes hard as they took him in. 

    “The answer is no.” 

    “Why?” 

    “Because I said so. No. Fuck no.” He growled. Seo Jun frowned, eyebrow raised. 

    “I remember the day Father brought her to you. You’ve kept her all to yourself since that day. Selfish bastard.”

    “You have my answer. Now get out.”

    “She is as good as mine as she is yours little brother. As long as she doesn’t have your name branded on her, I will have what I want.” 

    “Don’t provoke me further Hyung-nim. My word is final.” Other than a chuckle, he offered nothing else as he strolled out of his office. Getting up, he quickly exited and headed towards the servant’s quarters. Entering the large parlor, he scanned the servants for her. She wasn’t here. Inhaling sharply through his nostrils, he went out the back and felt relief come to him as he finally caught sight of her. There she was in the horse stalls, kneeling low with a pail of water. Taking a careful breath, he slowly approached her. She’d cleaned all the horses except one. His. 

    “Need help with that one?” At his voice, she looked up, having set the pail of water down by the stall. 

    “No. I don’t.” Her clipped voice let him know she was still upset. 

    “Tiye-”

    “Go back to the main house Wangja-nim. I wouldn’t want you to dirty your hands. Much less be seen with the likes of a cheonmin musori.” She tried to walk past him but he grabbed her by the waist, stopping her. 

    “Let me explain.”

    “What is there to explain? You made yourself perfectly clear the other day where we stand. No matter how much you ‘spoil’ me Wangja-nim.” 

    “Stop. Please.” He’d whispered the words into her ear and the sharp inhale let him know he had her undivided attention. 

    “I deeply apologize eolin-i. For hurting you. It wasn’t my intention.” She swallowed but otherwise kept quiet. 

    “If I lose you then I’ll have lost everything.”

    “Is that so?” Lifting a hand from her waist, he gently took her cheek in his palm and brought her gaze up to his. 

    “You mean more to me than words can express Tiye. You’re the only one I can be me around. You know that.” Her cheeks grew red and she bit her lip, nodding only once. Letting go of her cheek, he swallowed thickly and she took one step back from him, nothing more. 

    “In that moment Wangja-nim… you…you made me feel unsafe. Something I never thought I would feel around you. In that one moment, I felt as though you would cast me aside for your own benefit again and again if needed. I felt disposable.” Pulling her back against him, he pressed his nose against her hair, the smell of spice filling his nostrils. 

    “You are anything but disposable to me. For having made you feel this way I am deeply regretful. The last thing I want is for you to feel as though you cannot come to me when you need warmth. Protection. Or safety. Of everything else Tiye, I want to be your safe place. Where you too can continue to be you without judgement.” She slowly lifted her arms to press them against his chest and he didn’t let her go until she made him, gently pushing him back with her hands. 

    “Your apology. I accept.” Smiling, he lifted his sleeves. 

    “Dong Il can be stubborn if you don’t work quickly.” Returning his smile with one of her own, she nodded and together they began to clean the beast. 



*** 


    “Look at them. Have they always been that close?” 

    “Jae Hwa-”

    “Just a moment ago he was hugging her as a man would a lover.” 

    “My brother has always had a soft spot for that one. She’s his favorite and therefore he spoils her rotten.” 

    “I don’t understand what he sees in her.” 

    “You speak as though Cheol Su is in love with the girl.” Mishil laughed at the thought before forcing her friend away from the open window. 

    “As Mother has always told me, men have their favorites. Regardless of if they are wed or not. It is simply in their nature and thus we should let it be.” 

    “Hm.” 

    “Enough about them. I want to do something fun.” 



*** 


    

    After cleaning Dong Il, the two leaned back against the ledge, watching as he happily munched on some carrots and lettuce. 

    “He feels much better. Thank you.” She waved it off with a cluck of her tongue. 

    “Dong Il does so much for us. It is only right we take care of him too.” 

    “Mm.” Smiling at her, he observed her as she sighed and leaned her head back, the wind cooling what he was sure was overheated skin. Just as he had then as a boy, perhaps he found Tiye more beautiful now than ever. Sure, she was considerably shorter than he but everything else about her was…was ideal. 

    “Why are you staring at me so hard Wangja-nim? Do I have horse dung on my face?” Clearing his throat, he ran fingers through his hair. 

    “I miss your hair.” She blinked, confusion etching into her features. 

    “My…hair?” 

    “Before Father had it cut, it was fascinating. Remember I used to sit and watch you braid it?” She reached up and ran fingers across her short hair. 

    “Yeah… I remember you near foaming at the mouth with excitement.”

    “I was not.”

    “Was too and you know it.” Chuckling, he turned his body towards her. 

    “They say a woman’s hair is her glory.” 

    “Do they?”

    “Yes.” Coming towards her, he gently laid a hand on top of her head. 

    “Even with your hair gone, your glory shines brighter than ever before.” Her cheeks flushed girlishly but she held his gaze strongly. 

    “My glory?”

    “My Father tried to destroy your beauty by cutting your hair. Perhaps to make me, my brother and all the other men find you repulsive. Inhuman.” Taking hold of the short coils, he grew closer still until he had backed her up flush against the post. 

    “But the contrary has occurred. Your hair was indeed beautiful and I desire to see it long once again. But, without it… even still, you are the most beautiful woman in the Kingdom.” The look in his eyes was one she wasn’t familiar with and it caused her body to react in such an unfamiliar way. Caused her womanhood to throb wantonly. 

    “I….I don’t know what to say… to that.” Letting go of her hair, he swallowed tightly and forced himself back, away from her. 

    “When a man calls you beautiful, one thanks him eolin-i.” 

    “You find me beautiful Wangja-nim? A woman they say is not worthy to even look you in the face?” 

    “If I deem you worthy then you are.” 

    “But I am no Jae Hwa-nim. Nor am I Wangtaejabi-nim. I am Tiye. Just Tiye.” Before he could reply, his father’s advisor approached them. She immediately distanced herself further from him, bowing her head lowly. 

    “Bo Hui-ah, what is it?” 

    “Your father is requesting you Wangja.”

    “I see.”

    “Please if you will follow me.” She watched him leave, and once alone lifted a hand to press against her fast beating heart. Dong Il grunted, pushing his muzzle against her backside. 

    “Hey you! Don’t push.” The animal grunted again, blowing stubborn air out through his nostrils. Smiling to herself, she lifted his head and began to pet his nose. 

    “You two are just alike. You and your Master.” The deep black eyes stared at her before they closed and he began to nuzzle her. 


***




    Stepping into deep red and gold corridors, he met the back of his father. 

    “Father. I have arrived.” 

    “Take a seat.” Sitting, he couldn’t quite make sense of the dread that rose in the pit of his stomach. 

    “Your brother tells me that you’ve grown distracted. You’ve invested so much of your energy into one little girl that you’ve lost sight of the bigger picture.” 

    “Father-”

    “Silence!” His voice was deeply angered and he turned to face him. 

    “You have an obligation to this country Cheol Su! No amount of bedding the little bitch will take away from that fact.” He spoke not, throat tight as he watched his father begin to pace. 

    “You know why I gave her to you. For what purpose she serves. Have you been taking advantage of that purpose?”For the briefest second, he thought about lying. Surely, it would please him knowing that his son was a man both in the field as in the bed. But, his integrity would not allow him to do so. 

    “Not as of yet.” The man let incredulous eyes find him. 

    “You are seventeen summers Cheol Su. What man does not want to hone his skills?”

    “If by honing my skills you mean fuck every thing that has a hole then I’m not interested.” His father grew red in the face. 

    “Watch your tone boy.” 

    “I’m not Hyung-nim.” At that, his father was quiet and he began to pace again. 

    “In many ways Seo Jun should be like you. He is immature in a lot of ways. Ways that I cannot allow for the one to be King. Hence why I have chosen you as my successor. You needn’t be reminded of that fact. I’ve done things to upset the natural order and because of that, he holds resentment. As his father, I will accept whatever anger he has.” 

    “How is Tiye related to any of this?” Turning, his father made direct eye contact.

    “I have heard that she spars well. Is there truth to that?”

    “There is.” 

    “Fights better than any man?”

    “Her small size gives her speed and she displays a fearlessness that is unmatched.” 

    “I want to see it.” His mouth dropped open. 

    “What?”

    “If she’s no use to you in the bed chamber then she should be of use elsewhere.”

    “Father…I’m not sure I’m following.”

    “You are set to travel to Tang territory in a few months time. Have you mentioned it to her yet?”

    “No.”

    “I want you to take her with you. If she is as good of a fighter as you proclaim then she can be used well.” 

    “Isn’t the Song Dynasty in threat of being invaded?”

    “As are we.”

    “And what do you hope to accomplish with Tiye going with me?”

    “You need protection Cheol Su. Right now your archery skills are not up to par. Your skill with the sword is admirable but it is not at the same level as Seo Jun’s. Should you run into any problems, you need to be able to fight well and fight hard.” The man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. 

    “As humiliating as it sounds, that musori might be the only person who can shape you into a King worthy of ruling Goryeo.” He inhaled deeply.

    “When she has fulfilled her purpose then I will consider allowing her to stay in our Kingdom. The thought to sell her has come across my mind on more than one occasion.”

    “You presented her to me as a boy. How can you now say you mean to separate us?”

    “I gave her to you and I most certainly can take her away. It is up to me to see what she is capable of. And at the present moment, she has none. Other than enjoying privileges only a royal would. Eating our food. And angering both the Queen and the Queen consort.” Before he could reply, his father stood. 

    “I expect to see a match between you two within the coming days. And should she fight to my liking then she will accompany you on this mission.” With a wave from a dismissed hand, he grit his teeth as he exited, fury raging through his blood. That bastard. That fucking bastard. Turning the corner, he headed right for his Hyung’s chambers. Pushing past the attendants, he slid open the door, eyes falling to a predictable scene. He had hold of a chamber maid’s backside and plowed into her mercilessly. The high pitched moaning from the woman was quickly muffled as he shoved her head down into one of the pillows. 

    “Are you satisfied?” Lifting eyes from the woman, they turned onto him. In spite of his intrusion he kept going, hips never losing pace. 

    “With what am I satisfied little brother?”

    “Using Tiye as a sacrifice for your agenda.” 

    “What. Agenda. Is. That?” He asked, grabbing hold of the woman’s hair and forcing her head up. He felt disgust as his eyes fell across the woman, now sobbing. From pain, pleasure or both it could not be determined. But, the overwhelming amount of pity he felt for her made his stomach twist into knots. 

    “I will prove you wrong.” Is all he offered and swiftly turned on his feet, the sounds of his brother’s release making bile rise to the back of his throat. The cards had been dealt and he’d go along with this little chess match. He’d present himself a sacrifice first before ever allowing any harm to come to her. That much he knew. Whether he could fight ‘good’ or not, one thing was certain. When presented with life and death, he would most certainly choose life. Fight for it. And he would win. 

     The wind rustled his hair as he stepped out into the warm air of the day. Eyes finding her as she laughed and spoke to his steed, he swallowed thickly. No matter what proved the outcome of this, he wouldn’t let Seo Jun Hyung have her. Not while he still had breath in his lungs. 

 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Here is chapter 2 <3 :D Thank you for the love so far! I appreciate it and adore each and every one of y'all! hehe. Leave thoughts, comments, concerns as always hehe. Subscribe, tell a friend, upvote even I appreciate it all hehe. God bless! See you soon! 

D&L







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.