Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Summary: Spock's jealously has come to a boiling point. He kept hearing 'Bedroom eyes' and realizes it's a seductive term for male conquest. He didn't want his woman to be a conquest to any man but himself. Kirk, McCoy and Masters' plan seems to be going well, they left out one element Tennessee Williams' desire to pursue Uhura.

I'm surprised that no one took note of those green earrings. LOL




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Spock sat at the bar for a few more minutes and excused himself to his quarters. He sat again in the defeat of his overall feelings for Nyota. He sat in his alcove and played his harp of sorrow, the pain was felt through his music things he could not say.


The news about Tennessee and Uhura hanging out together spread quickly. And the daily crew of women are conversing about their bedroom eye guy. LOL in the break room.

"Have you heard, Uhura is hanging around Tennessee." 1st woman.

"NOW THAT doesn't surprise me." 2nd woman

"Why not?" 1st woman

"I surprised she didn't' make her moves on Williams sooner!" 2nd woman.

"I heard that they danced the night away!" 3rd woman

"Well, there goes my chances with that guy." 4th woman as she folds her arms across her chest in disappointment.

"How do you get close to that guy without passing out or getting tongued tied?" 3rd woman.

"Hey! There goes Felica, she was there with him." 1st woman

Felica Brown approaches the group of women as they flag her presence.

"Good morning ladies, what's up?" asked Felica

"How did you get close to 'bedroom eyes'? Asked 4th woman.

Felicia gave a sly look of triumph: "Oh just being myself, why?"

"What about Uhura, is she going to date him?" asked 1st woman.

"What does she have to do with it?" snapped Felicia "He didn't show any interest in her, but kinda showed interest in all of us."

"It's obvious that Williams would try to make moves on Uhura, she is the most eligible woman on the ship." said 4th woman.

Felicia didn't take it kindly being second thought or leftovers.

"He could find interest in someone else besides Uhura, she not all that!" snapped Felicia.

"Um, she is a big deal, we all know that the men on this ship have asked her out and she has turned them down. Williams with those gorgeous green eyes and body would be Uhura's type." said 3rd woman.

With steam coming out of her ears: "I don't' know about that, but he is all charming and has great character and sexy as hell." with that Felicia left the gaggle of women that frustrated her, comparing her to Uhura.


The men didn't fare well either:

"Did you know Williams was dancing with Uhura?" 1st man

"Naw, they were all dancing together, from what I saw. Get your story straight dude." 2nd man.

"Might as well, the way he was looking at her." 1st man.

"Do you think they'll be an item?" 3rd man

"Yeah, he got the goods on the women on this ship, they keep calling him 'bedroom eyes'. 2nd man.

"Damn! If he's tapping all those women, he's a god!" 4th man

"But does he has Uhura, did she fall for his charm or 'bedroom eyes'?" 1st man.

"I hate the guy already if he getting the goods." 4th man.

"Once Uhura falls for him, it's over gents." 3rd man.

"Well at least my girl will notice me again, all she talks about how 'cute' the man is." 2nd man.

"Ouch! That must hurt being compared to Williams!" 4th man.

"Tell me about it, maybe this stuff blows over if he does date Uhura!" 2nd man.

"There goes my dream girl Uhura if she picks him over me." sighs 3rd man

"Hey dude, you never had a chance." 1st man

They all laugh


Duty on the Enterprise continued as usual and the crew did their jobs. The bridge crew was an exception to the rule.

Tennessee woke up in a good mood, he had a wonderful time last night with his shipmates. Especially the beautiful, cheerful and exotic Uhura. The way she looked in that dress that shimmered against her body and the way she danced with the group was hypnotic. He thought she was just dancing for him. He had decided to make his move and do something daring. When he reported for duty in engineering, he completed all his assignments given to him and then he asked Mr. Scott for a break and he was released. Tennessee jetted up in the turbo straight to the bridge and stepped on the deck. He took a deep breath and approaches Uhura and cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Excuse me Lt. Uhura, how are you?"

Uhura turned from her console to a very handsome face, with his deep green dreamy eyes and smiled up at him.

"Hi Williams, I'm fine."

"I was wondering if you take a coffee break with me?" he said boldly.

Without even thinking: " Sure that would be nice, let me page a replacement."

While Uhura was paging her replacement. Sulu and Chekov gave each other a look of shock and slowly turned to Williams. What made matters worse the rest of the bridge was quiet as well. Uhura got up and left with Williams on the turbo, the silence you can cut with a knife.

"Wow that Williams' guy got moves, Uhura never takes a break with a guy," said Chekov.

"Don't you know it, I hear the women call 'bedroom eyes."

"You don't mean like..."

Sulu shakes his head in agreement with Chekov's thought.

"Vell I'm jealous, I would like a coffee break vith Uhura too!" quizzically asked Chekov.

"Not a chance, Uhura is selective." chuckled Sulu.

Chekov bows his head in defeat; "vhat a lucky man."

Spock saw and heard the conversation between Uhura and Williams, and between Chekov and Sulu. He was not pleased, not pleased at all. The separation has hit its boiling point, the man has made his first move on Uhura in front of everybody. Spock has decided to put away all forms of logic and Vulcan sense and deal with the issue. He wants Nyota back!


Meanwhile, in the break room, Tennessee was able to have coffee with the elusive Uhura and he enjoyed her company even thou it was small talk and short. They both had to report back to duty, but they were observed by others when they took their breaks as well. The rumor about Tennessee and Uhura has begun.


Later after duty, Tennessee found himself alone in his quarters, thinking about Uhura. He sat quietly at his console looking at his latest message from his family. Tennessee had made his first move and felt confident with her during their coffee break earlier. They spoke about little things that they like, Tennessee just enjoys her company and find out anything to charm her with. He was intrigued by Nyota's interest in computer software and multiple languages. But mostly he noticed her deep brown eyes that sparkled when they just hit the lights. He wonders if he could have a meaningful relationship with her and quiet those groupies. He could only hope.


Nyota was able to meet Charlene in her quarters for some much-needed girl time. After duty they meet:

"Char, I want to thank you personally for distracting me from Spock, I starting to feel so much better."

"Glad to hear it girl, any break-up is hard to deal with."

"I still miss that stubborn Vulcan, he has no idea what he does to me! NO IDEA!" huffs Uhura.

"It will take one day at a time, Ny you can do this and you get your reward for those who wait."

"Char! It's been almost 5 days of suffering, 5 days trying to keep myself from falling apart!"

Charlene goes over and hugs her friend;

"I know it hurts Nyota, I know that love can be painful. It's going to work out, you'll see."

"I'm trying, I did have a break with Tennessee, he's a nice guy once you past those deep green eyes."

Charlene looks at Nyota; "Really? Um were you alone?"

"Yes, is that a problem, were don't dating or seeing each other exclusive?"

"Just be careful, your a beautiful woman and he's a handsome sexy man."

Nyota looks at Charlene like she knows something that she doesn't, but turns to another topic.

"How is your 'Sugah Bear' doing?

"My Bear is doing quite fine thank you, he very much the romantic type."

"All that southern charm no doubt."

"I like him Ny, underneath that tough veneer is the sweet sensitive man. I know he has some scares he's dealing with but it takes time with all relationships."

"I know I wish... I was more definite about this whole thing with Spock." Nyota takes a deep breath.

Charlene wants to tell Nyota about Spock's ex-wife but she didn't have the authority to say anything. She wants to respect Lennie's trust. They talked and shared for a couple of hours until it was time for Nyota to leave for her quarters.

As she walked back to her room, she saw a shadow of a figure as she turned the corner. Then the figure stood full view in front of her door, it was Spock, she stops and stares at the man. He was dressed in a Vulcan causal clothes, he looked handsome.

"Can I help you, Commander Spock?" Nyota said sharply.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.