Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Spock became upset when he witnessed Williams asking his Nyota on a break, boiling over his jealous nature. The male and female crew are dealing with the fact that the two most popular people could hook-up to their dismay. Charlene's plan to ruffles Spock's feathers has worked and now Nyota is confronted with the man who broke her heart outside her quarters.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Spock turns to see Nyota with a stern look on her face and her arms folded under her chest.

"Ms. Uhura I would like a moment of your time... with your permission."

Nyota gave him a stern glare and slowly steps to her door to open, she walks in and turns to nods her head towards Spock. He slowly enters her quarters and stands with his long arms behind his back. He thought about it for hours how to approach her, hours how to ask for forgiveness. Now he is speechless on how to start the repair that he damaged in their relationship. Spock watched Nyota shift on her hip that it stuck out and her arms went back to fold under her chest and glared at him. Spock spoke in Vulcansu to help his distress;

"aitlun na' etek tor fator etwel kugaya." Spock said flatly "Ish-veh la'es vesh' din-tor k' nash-veh"

"I desire for us to continue our involvement." Spock said flatly "Your presence was missed by this one."

Nyota stared into his deep dark brown eyes, she couldn't breathe, her mind racing fast, trying to formulate words to respond. What seems like an eternity the silence between them, until Nyota found her voice;

"How could you

how dare you

how can you call this a relationship without communication!

you didn't even give me a chance to explain

you didn't even ask

you assume something that never happened

I trusted you

I can't believe you did this to me!

I cared for you

you left me...

hurt

I hate you for it

you left me

you..... hurt me!"

She was breathing harder, her frustration flooded out in strands, the anger and hurt in her eyes showed it all. When her words came out in force, Spock stood there and took the full brunt. There was nothing he could say to respond, it was true what she had said, especially when she said 'he had hurt her'.

Spock admired her, she was brave while he was not. She didn't hide from her past as he did, he felt like a coward in this relationship, he didn't deserve her. Again there was silence between them, Spock extended his right arm out towards her and displays his two forefingers in front of her. Nyota glares at the two fingers displayed in front of her, and glances at Spock, her breathing begins to slow down. Nyota knows what the finger represents, she knows what it means. Her eyes were full of water, but she held them at bay. Nyota slowly unfolded her arms, and lifted one her two forefingers and reached out slowly and connected to Spock's. Relief flooded through her fingertips, she felt his pain, frustration, and sadness and then the tears fell from her. They both had suffered, 'five long miserable days' she looks up at him, it was his way of saying sorry and asking for forgiveness. After a few minutes, they broke the touch and Nyota steps forward and wrapped her arms around his long lean muscular body. Her head resting on his chest, breathing in his essence, she missed him so. Spock wraps his long arms around her, and tilts his head down resting on her soft hair, he missed her so. After a few more moments Spock needed to be honest with her:

"Nyota, I was married."

Nyota steps back and looks up at him quizzically: "What?"

He led her confused look to her alcove and sat on her bed still holding one of her hands. Spock has to explain his reason for his hasty decision about their relationship. Hoping it will bring clarity to her and their relationship.

"When I was seven years old I was betrothed to a girl named T'Pring. It's an arrangement for all Vulcan males, it's part of our mating ritual. When the male and female reach maturity we meet at the appointed place and time to finalize the bond/marriage. I haven't seen or heard from T' Pring since I left Vulcan to enlist in Starfleet, the mating call drew me back to Vulcan. T'Pring and I had nothing in common just the arrangement, to break this betrothal a challenger can step forth and duel for the woman. It happened to me, T'Pring had no desire to keep her promise to me, she desired another male. It was rumored that they have been involved for some time, so I was challenged on my wedding day, the bride has the right to choose her champion. T'Pring chose Captain Kirk, I had to fight him to marry her. In the end, I dissolved the marriage once I almost killed the captain, since then I have difficulty with honesty in a relationship."

Nyota listened to all he had said and understood his dilemma. She reached up with her palm and gently touch his cheek.

"Spock, I didn't know you were married, it explains a lot."

"Your are Nyota Uhura, I had no right to compare you to T'Pring or our relationship. I have errored and caused friction between us. How can I rectify my decision?"

Spock gave Nyota a pleading look, he felt forgiven, but precious time was wasted on his behalf.

"Spock your words are healing to me." as tears trail down her face. "I know our relationship is different and difficult. But we need to communicate better when things happened and not jump to assumptions of any kind. Can you promise me this?"

Spock leaned his face into her palm.

"I only have eyes for you, and only you, you are my man."

"What is the situation with Lt. Williams?"

"There is no situation with Lt. Williams, he is a nice crewman and that's all"

"He desires you, I saw the way he looked at you while you were... dancing."

Nyota eyes widen, and a shock looked appeared on her face.

"Why Spock, your jealous, I am surprised. I was not dancing with him if you noticed we ALL were dancing together."

"And then you had a coffee break with him, do you still desire him?"

Nyota takes a deep breath, and looks at her boyfriend:

"He means nothing to me but just being friendly. And I needed a friend because I was feeling really low about our relationship. Plus I was never alone with him at any time, we were always with other people."

Spock looked into her eyes and knew she told the truth, he has to learn to trust her, but mostly trust himself. He is jealous of Williams's attention to her and he has to learn to trust their relationship without a doubt.

Nyota was touched that he was jealous over Williams, but not at the cost that he broke up with her. She would have to teach him about trust and grow from this experience.

"Spock stay with me for a while."

Spock bends down and removes his soft leather shoes, and Nyota did too, exposing their naked feet. Spock placed himself lengthwise on Nyota's bed and she follows alongside him where her head rested on his chest. Spock gathered her closer and wraps one of his long arms around her shoulder. He took one of his long legs and placed it between hers and rest his chin on top of her head. They laid there quietly holding each other and recounting the experience of their separation.

Spock thought about how much an impact Nyota has been in his life, that he has changed forever. Spock lowered his head that it was close to Nyota's ear and whispers a stanza to her as an expression of his feelings:

"Nyota lu gla-tor nash-veh du

du tan-tor nash-veh rok

ik ha'kiv tor yauluhk"*

"Nyota when I see you

You give me hope

That life has meaning"*

Nyota smiles, and wraps her arm tighter around his torso;

"ik's vaksurik"

"That's beautiful"

Nyota lifted her head towards Spock and gently kisses his lips. Then she returns her own stanza to compliment Spock's.

"du abertau nash-veh abru lu nash-veh tevan-tor

ish-veh kar karik heh wu

wu na' du tor meskaraya nash-veh"*

"you pick me up when I fall

your arms strong and long

longing for you to hold me"*

Spock is touched by her words and takes both of his arms and embraces her deeply. It's the start of his healing process to have a female to be with him, to burn the bridge that T'Pring build on that ill-fated day. Spock gave more details about the Vulcan marriage ceremony and how his culture surrounded their biology. Nyota respected all cultures, Terran had arranged marriages in the past which was based on money, power, and class but that type of thinking is long gone. But Spock arranged marriage is based on the survival of their species, which Nyota finds acceptable and understandable. Spock found comfort that Nyota understood his situation that he had with T'Pring and it gave him peace of mind. He will no longer doubt his feelings again about Nyota.

They stayed and slept like that throughout the night, they were getting to know each other again and communicate their misunderstandings about themselves or others who might interfere. They would give light love kisses and comfort each other, in Uhura's dim-lit room. They both still decided to continue to keep their love a secret until they build a sound foundation in their relationship.






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: *If those stanzas look familiar, they are from chapter 2 and chapter 10 of "Those Green Earrings."







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.