Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000

Summary: Things are in the process of settling down, and Tennesse thinks he has missed his opportunity to hook up with Nyota. Random women are becoming bold and start asking Tennessee out. Tennessee has just belted out a song that only drew more attention to him.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


First woman: "Oh, Tennessee, please sing to me."

Second woman: "That was soooo romantic."

Third woman: "Wow, you can sing to me any time!"

Tennessee pulls on his collar and stands up to put some distance between himself and the onslaught of women. This is drawing way too much attention, which Teneessee doesn't need. Just when things were starting to settle down for him. He looks past the parade of women and sees Nyota and Charlene approaching him and Chekov.

As McCoy chuckles at the spectacle and turns to leave for his next destination, he thinks to himself,

"I better let Sickbay know that there will be an increase in accidents involving women crew members."

Chekov sits there observing the women swarming over Tennessee like a grand prize or something. He starts to feel neglected and left out; after all, they were in the middle of a chess game.

The two women push back the female crew.

"OK, OK, girls, give the man some space," Charlene says, while Nyota laughs at the spectacle too and watches some of the women walk away but not without giving Uhura a sly look.

Tennessee is relieved that they chased the women away: "Thank you, Ms. Uhura and Ms. Masters."

"Tennessee, that was great singing," Nyota says. "Where did you learn? You sound so professional."

Tennessee looks at Uhura and his face breaks into a big smile: "Something I picked up from home."

Charlene turns to Nyota: "Uhura sings as well; she's really good!"

Nyota looks at Charlene and wonders what she is doing: "I sing sometimes when the mood hits me."

"Are you kidding! Singing is second nature to her; you should hear her impromptus!" Chekov chimes in.

"Uhura can sing these sultry songs that make you swoon," Charlene adds.

"Yeah, sometimes Uhura will have Mr. Spock play his lyre; they make a great team when they do these laughable songs on the spot," Chekov adds.

"You give me way too much credit, guys! Please stop!"

"It seems that Mr. Spock is a master of other things besides chess!"

Tennessee can't believe that the commander is so well-rounded. He looks at Uhura and a smile forms on his face. He has an idea that would bring them together.

"Ms. Uhura, I would be honored if you would do a duet with me one day, but we would need to practice, of course."

Nyota covers her mouth and starts to think: "Well, I don't know..."

Chekov jumps out of his seat: "That's a great idea-the talent show is coming up soon; you both can sign up! I like it when Uhura sings."

Charlene looks at both of them with a smile on her face: "It would liven up the ship and raise morale, Nyota, but it's up to you, of course."

Nyota looks around and sees Chekov, Williams, and Charlene waiting for her answer. "Ms. Uhura, you can even pick the song and music-everything, if you like. You just tell me when and where the practice is." Tennessee is hoping that she will say yes and turns his winning smile on her to sweeten the pot.

"OK, I'll do it. I never did a duet before; this will be my personal challenge."

"I think it's romantic. Everyone needs a little romance, and a duet by you two will set the tone for the ship," Charlene smiles.

"Yeah, to break the boredom on this ship-it's been dull lately," Chekov says.

"Plus I think you two will be a big hit; maybe you can even make a recording of your performance," Charlene adds.

Nyota folds her arms and starts thinking out loud: "Maybe something from the 20th century? I'll ask Mr. Spock to accompany us on his lyre; he can play any tune beautifully."

Nyota stands there thinking of duet songs throughout the centuries, her mind racing to find the perfect one.

"All right, Williams, I have plans to make and I will let you know which song and practice it with you."

"Sure, Ms. Uhura, you just let me know and I'll be there!"

"Great! I'm going now to look for selections for us to sing. Bye, everyone!"

Nyota leaves and Williams, Chekov, and Masters are left. They look at each other in amazement.

"Do you think it will work, Masters?" Chekov asks.

"Oh yeah! It will be a hit-it will a great opportunity for her, but you, Williams, on the other hand, will have more problems."

Tennessee doesn't care about the consequences as long he will get to be near her. He takes a deep sigh: "It's the cross I will have to bear. I've had this problem everywhere I've gone."

The three of them sit for a while, drinking their favorite drinks, while more women attempt to interact with Williams and the men and women around them share their thoughts about the idea.


First woman: "He sounds so wonderful, so sweet. He makes my heart skip a beat."

Second woman: "With all that "studliness and he sings too! Oh my, imagine that on a lovely night."

Third woman: "I can hardly wait to hear them sing in the talent show!"

First woman: "I know! The women will definitely go for a man that not only looks good but sings too!"

Second woman: "Definitely! How would it be to have him to wrap around you on those cold, lonely nights? Sigh."

Third woman: "I just wonder how it would feel to be kissed by Williams?"

The other two women look at the third woman and respond, "DAMN!"


While the women were swooning over Williams' revealing his talent, the men had their view:
First man: "How does that guy do it?"

Second man: "Now they are really attracted to him! His singing makes it worse!"

Third man (slyly):"He can now sing the females right into his arms and beyond!"

Second man: "Williams has got game."

First man: "More than game! He's now singing with Uhura!"

Third man: "Do you think Uhura is hooked on the guy?"

Second man: "Yeah! Who could resist the man with 'bedroom eyes'!"
Third man: "Williams has got game. Imagine him singing to the women with his bedroom eyes!"

The three men say together: "DAMN! HE'S GOT IT MADE!"


McCoy joins Kirk in his quarters, where he is eating his meal and resting.

"Hey Bones, did you eat?"

"Oh yeah, a little while ago."

"Want a nightcap?"

"Don't mind if I do. Thanks, Jim."
McCoy helps himself to one of Kirk's bottles and pours himself a drink.

"What's going on Bones, anything new?"

While McCoy sips his drink, he gives Jim updates on the latest.
"Well, I predict that Sickbay will have to handle an increase in accidents involving women crew members."

Holding his fork in mid-air, Kirk looks up at him.
"What do you mean 'increase'?"

"Since you asked."

"I did not! OK, I kinda sorta asked"

McCoy pours himself another drink and walks around the room, Kirk's eyes following him.
"Well, it seems Mr. Bedroom Eyes has another talent that draws the females like honey draws flies or moths to a flame," McCoy says jokingly.

Kirk puts his fork down on the plate and gives McCoy his undivided attention.
"What do you mean 'another talent'?"

"I was walking by the rec room and I heard someone singing. I was curious and checked it out."

Kirk looks at McCoy and figures it out.

"Don't tell me that Williams can sing!"

"Oh, he can. And, I might say, so well that the women were swooning over him."

Kirk can't compete with that... or can he?
"I can sing... maybe even better!"

McCoy looks at Kirk and laughs. "Right; if you say so, Jim. Let me go get a bucket for you."

"Shut up, Bones!"

"You can't hate the guy-he's a natural, no ego to bruise, hard-working and mostly all-around nice."

McCoy sees the pout on Jim's face and chuckles at his chagrin that he's not hogging the spotlight anymore as a sexy man.
"But what's more interesting is that Uhura and Masters are drawn to him too."

"Uhura? She just made up with Spock."

"Yeah, you'll never know with a man with 'Bedroom Eyes'."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.