Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Tennessee toured the bridge and encountered Lt. Uhura, the men on the ship feel intimidated by Tennessee's presence.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Tennessee rode the turbo with the Lt. Commander, he was talking but Tennessee didn't hear him. His thoughts drifted back to the bridge where he encountered the most beautiful woman he had ever met. He remembers her large deep brown eyes, the full lips, the golden brown tone of her skin color. Not only was Uhura beautiful, but she also demonstrated confidence and poise.

"Lad, did ya hear me?"

"Laddie?"

Tennessee turns to Mr. Scott with a stargaze look. "I'm sorry Mr. Scott, I was off track."

"When you complete the final configurations from your last data, don't forget to give them to Mr. Spock. He likes to maintain our fuel consumption."

"Yes, sure."

"Is she dating or seeing anyone?"

"Who?"

"Lt. Uhura."

Scotty looks at the young man and sees Tennessee's stargaze face. He places his hands on his hips.

"Now she's fine lassie, she is indeed. She keeps to herself and far as I know Uhura is not dating anyone on this ship. It doesn't mean she might have someone somewhere else. Why are ye asking?"

"Just wondering if... I could... approach her or even have a coffee break with her?"

"Well, you and all the other male crew on this ship."

"What do you mean?"

Scotty slaps his hand on Tennessee's shoulder: "The majority of the men would like to also have a coffee break with her and she turned them all down. Good luck with that lad."

the turbo stopped on the engineering deck and both men walked towards their department. Tennessee couldn't help but think why the beautiful Uhura didn't date or see other men. He stopped in his tracks and thought "Maybe she's a lesbian?" That would crush his world, he had to find out if it's true. He wants to know this woman, wonder if could finally have a healthy relationship with someone.

Tennessee and Scotty went back to work, as soon as they opened the doors, two female crew were there waiting for him. Scotty stops to question them, while Tennessee took a deep sigh and had to face his groupies again.


Uhura's POV:

"Oh MY GOD!, what have I done. I have to admit the man is gorgeous. I am so afraid to turn around and look at Spock. The best thing for me is to continue as nothing happened. Those eyes of his can make a woman forget who she is. He has bedroom eyes. I hope Spock didn't see me react to his appearance, I hope he doesn't think I'm attracted to the man."

Uhura continued to look down at her pad and pretended to work on her latest message. When she finished, she got up and steps down to the command chair. Kirk turns to her and stares at her face trying to get a reaction.

"Here's the latest messages from Starfleet captain."

As Uhura hands him her pad to check.

He takes her pad, while she looks around the bridge, slowly looking at the crew. Everything was fine until she stares at Sulu who had a great big grin on his face. Nyota rolls her eyes and continues to scan the bridge, she slightly turns to the science station. Spock was standing at his station looking down at her with an intimidating look on his face. He was not pleased, Nyota knows she has to clear the air about her interaction with Tennessee. Kirk gave her back her pad signed and she returned to her station, giving quick side glances at Spock.


Meanwhile, in the rec-room, more women had gathered to... well you know talk about the most gorgeous man on the ship.

"I wonder what is his type?" 1st woman

"Blonde of course!" 3rd woman, flicking her hand in her hair and giving a bright smile.

"Right, we still don't know if he's gay or not; that's the most important mission. Did anybody find out?" 2nd woman.

"No, we are all too busy just looking at him." 4th woman.

"And falling apart, more ways than one." chimed in Evers.

The women laughed and giggled.

"How did that happen, Evers?" 1st woman.

"Girl it was easy, you know it too," said Evers. "Once you look at that body of his, it melts your core, and messes with your mind and all your imagination."

"My fantasy is deep on Williams at night, that man makes you sweat!" 2nd woman

"Girl, you are never lying." 3rd woman.

"Next thing I knew I was in his quarters."

"Girl you lie, you.. you were in his room?" asked 1st woman.

"yes, until I got interrupted by Masters. I was this close to asking him out."

"WHAT!" all four women chimed.

"Yep, I was standing this close to him and looking into his eyes, I was in the motion of touching him when Masters came in."

"Wow, I wondered would've have happened if you touched him." asked 2nd woman.

The women look at Evers suspiciously, wondering if she would have jumped his bones.

"Well you forgot one key element in this scenario." 4th woman.

"What is that?" asked 2nd & 3rd women.

"Lt. Uhura!" 4th woman

They all sighed in disgust.

"How could we forget about her!" said 1st woman

"Mankiller on the hunt." 3rd woman

"She would definitely get him." 2nd woman

"Awe man, just when I had hope for someone like him, you had to mention her." 4th woman

"you're a killjoy" 3rd woman

"Now, that's hand's down I bet she just wiggle those hips of hers and he'll fall." 1st woman

"I can't stand how she ALWAYS get the men." 2nd woman

"She's not all that girls, she just like us!" commented Evers

"Yeah, but well packaged!" 3rd woman

The women sigh again in defeat.

"How can any of us compete with beauty and brains!" 4th woman

"Whoa ladies, we don't even know if he'll be attracted to her," said Evers.

"For-serious? All the men we like, like HER!" 2nd woman

"I feel like a second class citizen next to her." 4th woman

"But Uhura is not rude or anything she's ... just.." 1st woman

"Sexy compared to the rest of us." 2nd woman

"Stop putting yourselves down, we don't know if Uhura will get him?" said Evers

"Well, if any sort of consolation, at least we have our dreams to live on about Williams." 1st woman.


Spock's POV:

Spock was in the conference room waiting for Nyota. He had time to think of the situation that was bothering him since his encounter with Williams. He noticed the long stare of attraction in Williams' eyes and her response to him, left a negative impact on his ego. Spock old feelings of rejection resurfaced. Nyota does not know that he was once married to his child-bride T'Pring. He remembers clearly during the wedding her eyes shifting towards STonn during his pon-farr. Spock thoughts betrayed himself, that relationships were not is worth the effort. He was not prepared for another disaster if Nyota seeks another male's attention. He was not prepared for another female rejection, he had made a decision that would make things easier for her and himself.

Things didn't' turn out well for our star couple, Nyota met Spock on neutral grounds in one of the conference rooms. They were discussing the current problem that Spock witnessed on the bridge. He thought he was doing logical thing for their relationship, but Spock didn't realize Nyota is not logical. Nyota did her best to justify the situation, but the stubborn Vulcan had made up his mind.

"It is in our best interest that we take a separation from our commitment to reconvene at another time."

Nyota gave Spock a puzzled look and her countenance dropped and the realization hit her. The words played in her head like a bad recording, and she processed his words from shock.

"SPOCK! You're... breaking up with me?"












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.