Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Spock just broken up with Nyota, the crew women are still starstruck over Williams. Williams wants to know Uhura better.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Nyota turns 180 and leaves the conference room, she is in complete shock, and mad that the Vulcan broke up with her for looking at another man. Usually, she breaks off the relationship, that hasn't happened to her since she was thirteen years old. Her body just hit puberty, she wasn't noticed then, but when her body hit 16 where she was stacked and packed, she was in control, men followed her everywhere. But Spock injured her pride on this. Nyota huffed in anger and headed for Charlene's quarters, as she was walking in anger against her former boyfriend, a Vulcan at that. Now she wishes there was a manual for dating a Vulcan. Nyota chimes Charlene's door and it slides open:

"Hey, Ny Ny! What's up?"

Nyota storms pass her friend with her balled fist, while Charlene observes a very pissed off woman. Nyota turns back to Charlene, with her pierced lips. She couldn't formulate the words to speak.

"Girl what happened, what's wrong?"

Nyota said it very slowly and painfully, her head shaking in disbelief; "SPOCK... broke up with ME!

Charlene's mouth drops open in shock: "Ny, you got to be lying to me! What happened?"

Charlene walks over and grabs Nyota's arm and steer her to her bed to sit.

"He was upset how I was looking at Williams"

"Isn't he a dreamboat?"

"CHARLENE!" grimaced Nyota: "I just lost my boyfriend! I love that stubborn Vulcan!"
Nyota starts to cry: "And he doesn't even know it, Oh Char. What am I going to do!"

"Vulcans are a weird bunch, Spock dropped you just for looking at the man?"

"yes, I really do need a manual on dating Vulcans"

"Nyota there's must be more to it, it's strange that he did that out of the blue." Charlene rests her hand on her elbow and chin. Then she sits down next to Nyota and looks at her hurt friend: "I think there's more to this break up than you think."

"Right now, I'm pretty pissed at him, I know Williams is a looker but it's no reason to call off the relationship!"

"Listen, I have to go."

Uhura leans back and now notices that Charlene is all dressed up.
"You got a date?"

"Yes, I do."

Nyota looks at her friend; "You keeping secrets from me?"

"No, I don't think so." smiles Charlene

"Who then?"

Charlene takes a deep breath and smiles deeper. "I have a date with Lennie."

Uhura's mouth drops, eyes widen. "OHH girl, McCoy?"

"Yep, my southern white sugah daddy."

They both laugh, that seems to cheer Nyota up, she hugs her best friend.

"How long have you two been seeing each other?"

"Um, about 3 weeks"

"I'm sorry I barged in with my woes, I'll leave so you can hook up."

"We just doing a quiet dinner on the observation deck, once we finish I will come up with a plan to get back your man."

Charlene looks at Nyota and sees her distress and made a decision.

"Nyota give me a second, I'll be right back."

Charlene walks to her computer console and page McCoy.

"Hello little darling, are you ready?"

"Yes Sugah Bear, but can I met you in 20 minutes, I have a situation that needs my input."

"Why sure darling, it gives me more time to prepare for our dinner."

Nyota mouths 'Sugah Bear?' with her eyebrows lifted up.

"Thank you Sugah Bear, see you in a few."

"Bye darlin, I hope your situation goes well"

Charlene closes the link and turns to Nyota with a shocked look on her face.
"Don't knock it girl, you're dating a Vulcan"

"But he spoke to you in his southern drawl."

They both start to laugh, Charlene was able to cheer Nyota up for her to make it back to her quarters. Nyota would just have to put on her game face as she reports to duty tomorrow.
Uhura gave Charlene another hug and left to her quarters, Charlene does have an idea and it involves her new beau.


Moments later, a nice couple is enjoying their evening meal on the observation deck.

"There's my darling Brown Sugah" McCoy leans in and gives Charlene a peck on the cheek.

"Hey Sugah Bear"

"Don't you look lovely this fine evenin"

"Lennie you are such a gentleman."

"I have dinna all ready for us, so step this way darling." McCoy guides Charlene to a dim-lit dinner table for two.
After dinner, the two took a stroll in the botanical gardens, holding hands.

"Thanks Sugah Bear for dinner"

"Not a problem darling, I'm getting used to our moments together. How's that situation that you had?"

Charlene stops and turns towards Lennie and takes a deep breath: "Spock broke up with Nyota."

"He did what?"

"Yeah, he accused her of looking at Williams."

"Oh yeah? I know the man is a looker." Lennie takes a leering look at his girl: "Are you interested in the man of the hour?"

Charlene smiles and folds her arms around one of his. "Mind you he is attractive, but I already attached to my special someone."

Lennie takes his free hand and taps Charlene's. "Thank you darling"

"Lennie I think there's more behind it because he did it so quickly. I know he's a Vulcan and everything, but Spock and Nyota both mesh. I never have seen her so happy."

"I have to admit, Spock has been happy as well, for a Vulcan."

Lennie knows why the Vulcan might feel insecure and wants to help the couple.
"Sugah, what I'm about to tell you is a secret, so it will help understand the situation."

Charlene shakes her head in agreement.

"Our friendly neighborhood Vulcan was once married."

Charlene's mouth falls open and covers them with her hands in disbelief.

"Yeah, I witnessed the whole thing where the girl stood him up at the alter. She hated Spock so much that she caused a fight, well a duel."

"Now that's cruel and grimey."

"According to Spock they were both married as children, then they make it official when they grew up, well by that time she found someone else, and a duel is the only way to end it."

"Poor Mr. Spock, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard. Ditched on your wedding day."

"So, seeing how Williams triggers not only Nyota but all the women on the ship, kinda hurts a man's ego."

"Well, she came to me heartbroken, that's my friend!"

"I hear you darling, and Spock is mine, I don't let him know that too much."

"Well Sugah Bear, it is our duty to our loyal friends to help them."

"Our duty?"

"At least get them to talk out their differences"

Lennie gave a quizzical look at his woman, knowing sometimes it best to leave things alone or let sleeping dogs lie.
"What do you propose sugah?" asked Lennie

"Why darling, just a little ole push in the right direction. I going to ask Williams to part of a little club and Nyota just happens to show up."

"Are you planning to make Spock jealous?"

"Just a little bit sugah, just let him know what he is missing. I just need you to drop little hints in the right direction."

Lennie thinks about it for a minute and a smile forms on his face. He draws Charlene closer to his body that they touch, he bends his head down to her lips and draws a kiss.
"What do I get out of this cloak and dagger?"

"Why Sugah Bear, you get a peach cobbler pie"

"Oh, Please marry me. If you know how to make a Mint Julep then I'll make it official."

"Ok Sugah Bear, let's put our plan in place."

Charlene wraps her arms around his neck and leans in for a passionate kiss.






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: I am aware that everyone knows Spock was married in Amok Time. But this is a different version. No ones knows just Kirk and McCoy and this is my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.