Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Uhura is dealing with her break up with Spock and Charlene has a plan. Charlene goes on a hot date with McCoy, awe this is such a love story. LOL




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Spock's POV:

Spock didn't sleep the whole night, he didn't need much sleep being a Vulcan. But his mind is unsettled after what he told Nyota. He is not prepared for rejection...again, not only was it the exchange of looks but the hormones that were emitted from both of them that intimidated Spock. His extrasensory to the five senses make him vulnerable to the slightest change in human bodies. Spock witnessed the exchange between his Nyota and Lt. Williams, which affected the decision he made. Then what made things worse it reminded of his failed relationship with T'Pring, he sensed her desire for Stonn. The rejection made so much worse, that he had no desire for a bondmate, until Nyota. His bond with T'Pring was the least desirable thing to experience, even when they were children she disliked him because of his heritage. Spock's accomplishment did not affect her either, she had found another while he was away. Which he didn't mind, but he was ready to fulfill the contract and try to make it work.

Spock stood up and continued to get ready for duty, he always was on the bridge first to make sure the shift changes were executed. As he rode the turbo to the bridge, Spock didn't know exactly how Nyota was going to treat him, but humans have the same display of discontent when things are out of order. Nyota, he suspects will display some form of emotion from their break up.

Nyota's POV:

Nyota stood in the mirror and looked at her face for the final time. She was practicing her game face when she goes on duty. She took deep breaths and used her yoga moves to remove any form of discomfort.

"Now I am ready to face the man who broke my heart."

She turns and heads out of her quarters to the bridge.


Later on, down in engineering Masters and Williams are getting to know each other.

"Good job Williams, soon you'll have your own department."

"Not so fast Masters, I still have a lot to learn, even tho the academy taught me a lot, there's nothing like true experience."

"I agree, even with all the training programs and simulations, hands-on is the best lesson."

Charlene stood next to Tennessee, wondering if it's the perfect time to invite him on a break later on.

"So Tennessee, how everything with your entourage of women?"

Tennessee turns to Masters with a pessimistic look and sighs deeply.

"Well, the ladies on this ship can be a problem, and I really don't how to handle all this attention. I just want to be low key and do my job."

"Maybe I can help, maybe if the ladies know you a little more, they might calm down."

"I don't know Masters, they find ways to... get really close to me."

"I can find some friends that are not too intimidated by your looks that you can relax a little."

"Well, Charlene if you could make it that happen I would appreciate a lot."


Back on the bridge, so far Uhura has managed to keep her work upfront, not once taking a look at the science station. Uhura has mastered keeping a straight face. She completes some assignments and heads down the three steps towards the captain with her pad.

"Captain Kirk, here are the latest reports from each department and messages from Starfleet."

Kirk gives her a quick smile: "Thank you Lt." and he signs the pad and gives it back to her.

On her way back, she steps up to Spock's station and gives him two slate disks.

"Here are the latest reports that you requested sir." and hands them to Spock. Not once giving him eye contact and Spock takes them from her hand.

Kirk's ears perk up, Uhura called Spock sir, it's usually Mr. Spock. He turns his command chair towards them and sees the exchange. He didn't like the look on her face like she was upset about something. Kirk now feels the tension in the air.

"Thank you, Lt."

Spock just called her by her title, he usually says "Miss Uhura" as part of his endearment. Kirk knows something is wrong. He watches Uhura walk stiffly back to her station. He watches Spock for a few more moments and then he addresses him.

"Mr. Spock"

"Yes, Captain."

"Please join me in the Ready Room."

Kirk stands up, and Spock leaves his station and follows Kirk into the Ready Room. The door closes and Kirk turns to his good friend.

"OK Spock, what's going on?"

Spock's brow lifts; "Captain, I'm lost by your question."

"What's going on between you and Uhura?"

"I'm at a loss captain."

"Don't lie to me Spock, did you two have a disagreement?"

Spock takes a deep sigh: "Ms. Uhura and I are as you say are 'taking a break'."

Kirk looks at Spock suspiciously; "What did you do?" as he folds his arms in front of his chest.

"I have not done anything."

"Alright, explain it to me then."

Spock told him the story that he observed yesterday during introductions between Nyota and Williams. After Spock told Kirk his version of events, Kirk wanted to slap him upside his head.

"SPOCK! Do you know what you have done? You set her up against the male crew on this ship. In other words, if a guy asks her out, she just might say yes. Is that what you want?"

Spock didn't say anything, he was thinking of the possibility that she would take another man's offer on courtship.

Kirk notices that Spock is not saying anything to the matter, takes a deep breath; "You better fix this, she's good for you. Better than that crazy woman you almost married."

Spock's body flinched and Kirk saw it.

"So that's it, you think Uhura would ditch you or something? Uhura is not T'Pring so don't compare that intelligent woman on the bridge to a woman who's not faithful."

Spock just stood there and listened, because Kirk hit it on the nail. Kirk turns to leave and then looks back at Spock.

"You better fix this or will lose her and regret what you did my friend."

Kirk goes back to duty, and Spock stands there to ponder his thoughts.

"Did I misjudge my thoughts and actions?"


Later on, Kirk intercepted McCoy in his office;

"Hey Jim, how can I help you?"

"Did you know that Spock broke up with Uhura?"

"Yes I do, not a good thing for our Vulcan friend, Uhura is good for him."

"Did Spock tell you?"

McCoy was hesitant in his response; "Well, not exactly. A little birdie told me."

"I told Spock that he was crazy to let her go like that, the men on this ship will go after her."

"Don't worry about it Jim, things are going to work out, just trust me. Spock will see the light." McCoy gave his winning smile.

Kirk looked at him like he had something up his sleeve. "A little birdie told you huh?"


Charlene and Tennessee are off duty and head to the recreation room to relax, Charlene contacts Nyota to join them.

Charlene, Tennessee, Brent, Kyle, and two other female crew are sitting at the table with drinks and light conversation. Charlene introduces Karin and Felicia to Tennessee and they start to drool over him. Tennessee is uncomfortable being the center of attention with the ladies, but he wants to relax and enjoy the company.

"Calm down ladies, he new to the ship, so don't scare him. He needs friends to talk too not gawk at, so you two just breath."

Karin and Felicia are embarrassed but they do get back their composure. That made Tennessee feel at ease. A little while later Nyota shows up and joins the conversation, she seems nervous at first because of Tennessee. Because of Spock, she is still mad. Nyota did hold her own doing her shift and maintain her professionalism. Now it's time to relax and be among friends. They see her approach:

"Hi Uhura, come join us!" waving Charlene with a big smile. Uhura wears her jogging set that fits loose, but it still gets the male attention. Tennessee quickly stands up to greet Nyota with a great big smile.

"Hi miss Uhura!"

Everyone takes notice, and greet Uhura as well. But Charlene is in charge and she makes sure she buffer between the group and keeps the hormones at bay. Into the gathering, everyone feels relaxed and didn't mind the situation before. They were laughing, comparing academy experiences and jokes.

But Tennessee still had his heart on Uhura, he saw another side of her that made her more attractive, mostly how she treated her fellow crew. Tennessee feels good not to be the center of attention for a change and he feels normal. But they were, men and women, glared at the exclusive table;

a)The men were wondering if Uhura was attracted to Tennessee.

b)The women were wondering if Tennessee was attracted to Uhura.

At the same time, McCoy and Spock are walking down the corridor, as on cue pass by the recreation room to see and hear laughing. They stop to observe the gathering and there in the mist is Uhura with a big smile on her face sitting next to Williams.

McCoy gives Spock a knowing sly look and comments: "Well now, it seems that Ms. Uhura is having a good time Mr. Spock."

Charlene casually looked up and saw the two men, and smiled.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.