Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Spock was reprimanded for breaking up with Nyota. Nyota is having downtime with new friends to break the ice over Spock's break up. Spock is having second thoughts about breaking up with Nyota. LOL




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Spock stares at the laughing group and sees Nyota having a good time. His heart pings over the thought if Williams does ask her out, would Nyota agree to it.
McCoy sees the look on Spock's face knowing if the situation is getting to him.

"How are things with between Uhura and you?" McCoy asks sneeringly and knowingly.

Spock turns to the doctor with a lifted brow and takes a deep breath; "At the moment Ms. Uhura and I are no longer involved."

"Really? That's too bad, I thought she was healthy for you."
McCoy continues to walk down the corridor to keep people from eavesdropping.

"Healthy doctor, explain?" as Spock folds his long arms behind his back.

"Well, the relationship gave you character, and that's an improvement for you."

"I'm not sure of your meaning, but I assure you that I am a Vulcan, which is logical."

"Which you're still stubborn too." chuckles McCoy. "It's too bad that your friendship with Uhura is over, she'll probably move on to the next available meaningful relationship."

Spock didn't like the sound of that statement, he wished that McCoy would shut up.


Later on, that night while most of the crew slept. Spock was up doing his reports, he didn't need much sleep. But his thoughts would wander back to Nyota, and his heart was heavy. He missed her against his better judgment. He let his past interfere with his present and future with Nyota. Spock misses their time together and it's only been one whole day! He decided to meditate to clear his thoughts on the matter and go back into his routine but didn't help. He went to his desk and pulled out his writing pad, which he was working on. Now he added another stanza to his ballad about his life with Nyota, he was saddened by what he added of loss companionship.

Nyota was not fairing well either, she went to bed hugging her pillow. It's only been one whole day! Her heart hurt from the break-up, more than that she had to work next to him. Nyota drifted off into a restless sleep and her dreams and body tossed aimlessly of the one man she loved. She woke up sweating, breathing hard, her love life in ruin and she wonders if she would ever recover. She had to take one day at a time if she has to survive her feeling for the Vulcan. But her heart is betraying her, her soul longs for him, she never took the opportunity to express her side of the story. Nyota with all her past relationships, never let a man take her heart the way Spock took hers, but now it felt like a payback for all her doings with them. She takes a deep breath and lays down again with another attempt to sleep through the night.

Meanwhile, Tennessee is going through his thoughts, they wander on the cocoa skin beauty that was sitting next to him in the rec-room earlier that evening. She was easy to converse with, this was a good sign for him. Her beauty radiated when she laughed, and her hand slightly touched his sleeves. Uhura was nothing like the groupies that followed, groped, or stared at him until no end. She was a natural, including Masters, they were not intimated or overstepped their boundaries with him. Tennesse was able to be himself for a change, and that felt good to him. Tennessee wonders if Uhura would see him more than just colleagues, but more of a friendlier base. But he knows he needs to take her time, and not scare her off or become too pushy. He has to take it slow, and slowly he would.


It was another day for the Enterprise crew;
Uhura continued her ignore phase
Spock works as nothing has happened
Masters continues with the same plan.

Kirk, McCoy, and Spock are in the Ready Room after debriefing from the head departments. Kirk stretches his body and ready to relax for the evening.

"Before we conclude, Bones what is the update in the medical issue with Lt. Williams?"

"It seems Lt. Williams's condition has slowed down slightly, but injuries are still being filed in all medical locations."

"I don't get it, he's just a guy"

"A guy with charisma"

"I have charisma"

No, Jim, you have charm." McCoy smiled slyly.

"Shut up Bones, what makes him so special to the ladies anyway?"

"According to the ladies, Williams has bedroom eyes."

"Bedroom eyes?"

Spock gave McCoy a quizzical look, he didn't understand that statement." Doctor, what is the reference to 'bedroom eyes'?"

"Williams has a way to seduce women with his eyes."

Spock raises both his eyebrows to his response.

"How do you know he has bedroom eyes Bones?"

"The nurses talk about Williams all the time Jim, I have to give them cold packs to cool them down." chuckles McCoy.

"Well that's done, we all officially off duty. What do you gentlemen want to do?"

"Well, Jim I was thinking about the little bar we have onboard, of course, it's nothing like Wiggley's, but we can pretend." chuckles McCoy.

"I like that Bones before we turn in for the night, let's me up."

Kirk turns to Spock: "Care to join us, Spock?"

Captain, I do not indulge in alcoholic beverages."

"We just asking you to join us and you can drink water or that um plomek stuff."

"Plomeek tea,"

"Whatever just meet me at my quarters and we all go together."

As they were leaving Kirk and McCoy gave each other the look of a plan coming together.


Charlene made sure Nyota was in the recreation room, while McCoy her Sugah Bear led Spock on one of their walks to observe her with the crew relaxing. This time a different rec-room to make sure they have thrown off.

On the third day of Spock's strike, more plans were in place. But this time it was a bar, with soft music playing in the background and the group dressed up for this gathering.

"Hey this is fun, we meet again." chimed Felica, with a big grin on her face.

"I wouldn't mind if we did this on a regular basis," added Brent.

"As long we are not on patrol near the neutral zone," said Kyle. "It's hard to get the same schedule and duty is much longer."

Uhura and Masters came in together with smiles on their faces and waved at the crew.

"Hi everyone!"

The men stood up, Tennessee stared at Uhura with a huge smile.

"Evening ladies, don't you two look lovely."

both ladies twirled in their dresses "Thank you Tennessee"

They all ordered drinks and sat and talked again that things they could relate with. Nyota started to feel relaxed for the first time in days. She was still mulling over Spock and Charlene was getting her out of her rut. Being with other people did occupy her mind off Spock and she was coming to grips about their relationship. Everything was fine until three senior officers walked in and sat at the bar. Nyota couldn't believe it, Spock with the captain and doctor. Charlene also watched the men come in and Nyota's reaction, now it's Sugah Bears to do his job.

Kirk and McCoy ordered their drinks while Spock had his tea and sat at the counter.

"Now this is what I call relaxing Jim." Mccoy sips his drink and scans the room, he makes eye contact with his 'darling Charlene' and gives a slight nod.

"Yeah Bones, nothing like running a ship and getting everything done. I need this."

"Spock are you relaxed with your drink?" asked Kirk

"Captain Vulcans find other ways or methods to relax versus human's terms."

"Stop being a party pooper Spock" snapped McCoy "And enjoy the view or talk about something."

Spock gave McCoy the double eyebrows arch, "Most undignified and embarrassment to display such actions, doctor."

Kirk spits out his drink and laugh, while McCoy gave snarling look. "Funny Spock, I keep forgetting how much of a comic you are."

McCoy gives another scan and draws attention to the large group of people at the table.

"Now I see people enjoying themselves, and I'm enjoying the view."

Spock and Kirk turn around and see the six people at a table laughing and sipping their drinks. Right in the middle, Nyota is laughing at the conversation, and looking beautiful in the dress she is wearing. Earrings, necklace and rings sparkling as she moves, she was enchanting to look at. Next to sat Tennessee also laughing and looking at Nyota at the same time, his eyes sparkling at her.

"There goes bedroom eyes, already a hit with the... crew!" McCoy says smartly.

Spock just stared at her, and his heart skipped a beat. Has she forgotten him that quick! Seeing her being entertained by Tennessee, put a deep hurt feeling in his gut, heart, and mind. He desires Nyota, he always did. He promised his heart that she was his wife, but this feeling of ... of resentment or jealously was tearing at him. He slowly turned back to his tea and sipped slowly to not draw attention to his failure.

"You're crazy with that term 'bedroom eyes'" Kirk said sternly. "Wonder if he's proven his name yet?"

Kirk looked at McCoy to see if they hit pay dirt with Spock, but the Vulcan not once flinched or moved out of the ordinary. Spock kept his cool demeanor, so they thought.

Things turn for the worse for Spock when everyone started dancing, and Uhura's dress came into full view. She was gorgeous! Her hair fell to her shoulders with the dangling green earrings. She moved her body to the rhythm of the music was hypnotic, she wasn't dancing with anyone, they all danced together. The same phrase kept playing in his head:

{ Bedroom eyes,
bedroom eyes,
bedrooms eyes.}
As Spock watched Williams danced with his woman.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.