Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


When Nyota and Charlene entered the luncheon venue, they observed many of their classmates in conversation and munching on hors d'oeuvres. The two women proceeded to the buffet line to fill their plates and then found a table where they could eat and talk.

"The food looks good!"

"It sure does, Char!"

They sat at a table where two other women and three men were seated. The current occupants of the table greeted them warmly and they replied in kind. Everything was going so well that Nyota and Charlene forgot about the Alpha girls. Instructors and former instructors congratulated them for the outstanding work that they were doing in their careers. There was a lot of mingling and reminiscing. They saw old classmates and chatted about their adventures and their children. Many classmates greeted Nyota and Charlene with respect and comradery. The group held a short memorial for those classmates who had died in the line of duty, with everyone standing to salute their families.

The reunion was almost over. People were wandering around the banquet hall and lobby, saying their goodbyes and exchanging contact information. Nyota and Charlene were in high spirits; they felt their reunion had turned out great, without a hitch-until three women approached them:

"Nyota and Charlene, I have the feeling you two are avoiding me," Angela said, wearing a predatory smile.

She was still beautiful, with her brown hair gathered into a bun at the nape of her neck. She too was dressed down in a two-piece pantsuit that accentuated her figure. Next to her were her two associates-who had always followed her around like lost puppy dogs during their Academy days-Linda and Sharon. They too were wearing phony smiles.

Nyota and Charlene tensed up when they heard her voice; it felt like ice going down their backs. They had been having so much fun at the reunion that they had forgotten that the Alpha girls were there. Both women slowly turned, but Charlene was prepared-she was NOT having any of their nonsense.

"Hello, Angela, Linda, and Sharon. It's good to see you three after all these years," Nyota responded cheerfully.

"Oh, darling, it seems like old times," Angela purred. "You look wonderful as always, Uhura." She turned to Charlene and snarled, "Oh, you too, Charlene."

Charlene was getting ready to clock Angela, but Nyota grabbed her arm and pulled it down. Nyota took a deep breath, seeing where this was going. After all these years, Angela is still a bi**h! Nyota put on a stern face:

"Look, you three. I can't believe you of all people are still acting the same as when we were at the Academy. I wondered if you had grown up at all, and now I know."

"Looks like you still have a temper, Ny-o-ta. Isn't that a problem when your on duty?" Angela asked snidely.

"You're right, Angela. Nyota still has an attitude problem," Sharon agreed.

"With us too, and all we did is try to be friendly," Linda chimed in.

Charlene looked at Nyota for permission to unload on all three of them and felt Nyota grip her arm more tightly. Nyota took a long look at the three and decided they were not worth her time.

"Well, ladies, I wish we could stay and talk with you, but we have to go."

"Please don't go. I want to know what you two have been doing since you left the academy," Angela pleaded insincerely.

Nyota and Charlene looked at each other and started to relax. Nyota and Charlene looked at each other and formed an unspoken plan, knowing that those three of full of it.

"Are you asking sincerely?" Charlene demanded.

"Yes, we are. We honestly want to know what you've been doing," Angela responded.

Nyota and Charlene exchanged looks again and decided to let it play out a bit further.

"Okay, just for a little while," Charlene said.

"Let's go sit on those lounge chairs over there so we can relax and talk about our present and future," Angela suggested.

"Yeah, let's not dwell on the past," Sharon commented.

The five women walked toward the lobby, where there was a set of chairs in a semi-circle. Charlene and Nyota sat next to each other, and the other three sat across from them.

"Now isn't this better? We can relax and have a better conversation," Angela said.

Charlene was uncomfortable. She'd been waiting for the other shoe to drop ever since this so-called conversation started. If they say one derogatory thing, the gloves are off. I'm just here for Nyota.

"So ladies, what have you been up to?" Charlene asked.

"I currently work at Starfleet Command as logistics commander for the Alpha Quadrant. I analyze and plan distribution of supplies and schedule important strategic operations, including the itineraries of many Federation of Planets envoys. My mathematical abilities and expertise are vital in placing various starships in locations that optimize their potential usage. And I made captain two years ago, Angela said proudly, as she sat up straight, not quite able to hide a smirk.

"Impressive, Captain," Nyota commented.

"Thank you, but we are off duty. Please continue to call me 'Angela'," Angela replied with faux sweetness.

"Thanks for the update, Angela."

Charlene turned to Angela's two flunkies and sarcastically asked, "What about you two? What are you doing?"

"WE work as assistants to Captain Parker, and we both have attained the rank of lieutenant commander," Linda responded.

"How nice for the two of you-and how convenient," Charlene snarled.

"So, what about you two?" Sharon asked.

"You may remember that I majored in communications and linguistics at the Academy, Nyota said. "I'm currently working on a Constitution-class starship as a lieutenant and chief of Communications."

"I work with Nyota on the same Constitution-class starship, as a lieutenant in the Engineering section," Charlene added.

Charlene and Nyota gave each other a knowing look but held back on the other details.

"So, let's see-it's been ten years, and neither of you has gotten past the rank of lieutenant?" Angela asked.

Sharon and Linda gave shared a satisfied sneer.

Yes. We happen to really like our jobs, and rank isn't everything ,"Charlene said, giving them a sly look.

"It's a reward in proportion to the hard work and effort you put in," Sharon said, implying that people in the lower ranks hadn't worked as hard.

Angela was all condescension: "Ladies, if that's the best you can do, then that's the best you can do."

Just then, Sulu came strutting into the lobby dressed in his brown leather hoverbike suit. The leather pants were wrapped tightly around his firm legs; his hair was tousled from removing his helmet. As he walked in, he removed his leather gloves. His face broke into a smile when he saw Charlene.

"Look, Linda! Isn't that a fine specimen coming our way?" Sharon asked excitedly. She turned on a winning smile, hoping to catch the eye of the good-looking man.

"Yes. I see that he's heading our way," Linda responded. All three of the former Alpha girls sat up and straightened their clothes.

Charlene followed their eyes and saw Sulu coming toward her with his winning smile. Her eyes widened at the way the leather pants clung to his well-muscled body. My baby is damn sexy, the way he wears leather, showing off his muscular legs. A smile formed on her face. She knew they found her man attractive and decided to play on it.

Sulu stopped next to Charlene, bending down to kiss her on the cheek.

"Hi, Char! How did the reunion go? Did you ladies have fun?"












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.