Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Pavel had somehow smuggled three exotic dancers aboard and managed to hide them in one of the suites reserved for diplomats and other prestigious passengers. Mr. Spock had noted an unusual cargo manifest entry and was interested in the contents of the containers that had been brought aboard. After his shift on the bridge ended, he headed down to the quartermaster's office with Padd in hand.    




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Ensign Morris, I have an inquiry."

Tristan jumped at the sound of Mr. Spock's commanding voice: "Yes, Sir. How can I help you?"

"The manifest lists some large containers; have you examined their contents per regulations?"

Tristan cleared his throat. "Which shipment, Sir?" he asked before scurrying over to his Padd to scan his list.

"I... I did receive a large shipment, which has been placed into storage, Sir. It's listed here as belonging to Ensign Chekov, Sir."

"May I see your voucher, Ensign?"

Tristan reluctantly handed over his Padd, which did indeed show Chekov as the owner of the containers.

"Is... is there something wrong, Mr. Spock?"

"Interesting. His name did not appear on my list," Spock said. He wrote a note on his Padd. "I must inspect the contents," Spock said.

Tristan grabbed the collar of his red tunic and pulled hard. "But... but, Mr. Spock, I think it would be wise to wait until Mr. Chekov can be present. It's considered private property, Sir."

Spock looked at him curiously: "Are you all right, Ensign?"

"Oh! Yes, Sir! Just doing my job!"

"Then I will address the contents of Ensign Chekov's packages later. As you were, Ensign."

Spock left the quartermaster's office and Tristan sagged against the desk, breathing deeply and wondering whether Mr. Spock would look into the containers before Chekov could transfer the "cargo." Tristan wiped the sweat that had formed on his forehead.

"I'm beginning to wonder if this party is worth it."


Meanwhile, in the mess hall, Sulu, Nyota, Charlene, Chekov, and Eve were having lunch, which was a rare occasion.

Charlene started with the good news: "Listen, everyone! 'Karu and I have come down with a decision."

All heads are turned toward them. 'Karu and Charlene shared a quick look of joy, and then 'Karu continued: "Charlene and I decided not to wait until we return to Earth for our wedding. We want to have it here next week."

Everyone placed their utensils down and looked shocked. Eve broke the spell: "Really? That soon? I need to work faster on the dress then!"

"Wow! This what you both want... right?" Nyota asked.

"Yeah, we want this. I know our wedding won't be like yours, Nyota," Charlene said.

"Girl, why would you want it to be like mine? As long both of you agreed to this, that's what matters, not the kind of ceremony you have," Nyota replied.

"Am I steell the best man?" Chekov wanted to know.

"Of course! It's just simple and less complex," Sulu said.

"You said in about a week, right?" Chekov asked.

"Yeah, we have clearance for the date and time. You guys need to let the Captain know so he can adjust your schedules."

Eve smiled: "I think it's a great decision, and I'm happy for you both!"

"Me too! You two are practically living together anyway," Nyota said.

Charlene leaned toward 'Karu, and the two of them exchanged smiles again. The couple gave more details of the upcoming ceremony and party, and their friends responded with enthusiastic questions. At least, Nyota and Eve did. Chekov sat there with a big grin on his face, the wheels in his head spinning. Now that he had a date for the wedding, he could plan 'Karu's surprise bachelor's party. He wanted it to be spectacular, and he had an idea about how to pull it off:

"Thees ees perfect timing! I can have the party early and geeve Sulu the beeggest surprise of his life!. I need to keep the girls busy and then drop them off at the next space station. Thees is the perfect plan!'


Sometime later, Chekov was in the turbolift on his way to the bridge. He had just confirmed the date and time with his pals and the party ladies. "Now to get Sulu on board veeth the idea that eet's just a friendly game of cards, just like Mr. Spock's bachelor party." He was chuckling to himself when the turbolift stopped, and Mr. Spock got on.

"Mr. Chekov, it has come to my attention that you received some large containers at the last starbase. For safety reasons, may I inquire what their contents are?"

Chekov looked at his commanding officer and his mouth went dry: "They are... they are..." he said, searching his mind for an excuse. "They are for Mr. Sulu's bachelor party, vheech I'm hosting seence I vill be the best man at the wedding."

"Interesting-"

"Yes, yes, they are full of party supplies, you know, like decorations and stuff. I ordered hors d'oeuvres from the galley and dreenks from the staff lounge," Chekov said, giggling nervously.

"Ve veell eat, dreenk, and play cards."

"Thank you for that information, Ensign. I will check it off as personal," Spock said, noting it on his Padd. As he stood there calculating how long it would take the turbolift to reach the bridge, his thoughts turned to what his wife had said about how he should try to interact socially with the crew more often. Since Sulu had taken part in their wedding and his bachelor party, Nyota would be pleased if he participated in this activity, and Chekov had mentioned a card game. Spock turned to Chekov as the turbolift slowed and the doors opened:

"Mr. Chekov, Ms. Uhura insists that I partake in more social interaction with the crew, and Mr. Sulu served as a groomsman at our wedding. Would it be appropriate for me to attend this bachelor party? If so, please let me know the time and date of this activity."

Chekov wanted to pass out; he closed his eyes, his brain racing. "OH NO!" his mind screamed. "Mr. Spock I..." his shoulders sagged. "I'll let you know vhen I've ironed out the details."

"I look forward to the card game."

Spock stepped out of the turbolift and headed to his station while Pavel dragged himself to his own. "I can't believe I just eenwited Mr. Spock to a vild, crazy bachelor party! Nyota is going to kill me."' He took his seat, knowing he had to figure out a way to keep Mr. Spock from coming to the party.

Sulu turned to him: "What's up with you, Pavel? You look like you just lost your best friend."

"You could say that; I'm vorking on an answer to a problem."

"It must be deep to make you look like that!"

Pavel gave Sulu a grave look: "You have no idea, my friend."

Pavel went to work with one thought on his mind: "Mr. Spock is going to vild bachelor party; vhat am I going to do?" He sighed and turned his attention to the large screen in front of him.


After their shift, Sulu and Charlene got together to work on the plans for their hasty wedding:

"Char, the captain approved the larger suite; we can start moving in any time," Sulu said, jogging down the corridor to intercept Charlene. She smiled brightly on hearing the good news:

"Now we don't have to go far for our honeymoon."

'Karu stopped in his tracks: "I didn't... plan anything for us, Char. I feel bad about that."

Charlene grabbed his hand: "Listen, we can have a second wedding reception back home-then we can go somewhere special for a real honeymoon."

'Karu felt relieved: "Yes, we could go to one of those resort planets I've been hearing about."

"For now, the simpler the better; I don't want drama now. I just want to start living my life with you, 'Karu. I've wasted a lot of time with bad relationships."

'Karu turned and looked into the eyes of the woman of his dreams. He leaned in and gave her a kiss that deepened. Then the moment was broken:

"Hey, you two! Get a room!" a crewman shouted as they went by. They looked around and saw that other crewmen had noticed their display of affection and were starting to laugh at them. Sulu pulled Charlene closer and escorted her down the corridor: "We will!" he responded, the two of them laughing as they went.


Meanwhile in Chekov's quarters:

"WHAT?" Please tell me you're kidding us!" Tristan demanded, running his hand through his hair.

"How did this happen? What are we going to do?" asked Link, the technician.

"Don't vorry; I'll theenk of something," Pavel said, unconvincingly.

"Don't worry? He says don't worry that Commander Spock is coming to the bachelor party! And not just ANY bachelor party, but one with exotic dancers!" Tristan said, getting a little worked up.

"How did I let you talk me into this? We'll get kicked out of the service!" Link added.

Chekov looked at his two friends: "Gentlemen, relax!"

Link looked at him: "'Relax', he says; we have to cancel the whole thing!"

Tristan slapped his hand to his forehead: "What about the women? They were pre-paid and non-refundable."

"Relax, please. I've got thees under control."

Pavel, Commander Spock is coming to a risqué bachelor party for Sulu. With three exotic dancers that will be wearing barely anything! You're asking us to relax?" Tristan started to wonder whether this party was worth being demoted or even worse-kicked out of the service.

"Gentlemen, I vork veeth one of the smartest men in the universe; some of hees wisdom has rubbed off on me. I can solve this leettle problem."

Tristan and Link looked at each other and wondered whether Pavel was full of it.

Link snickered and said, "Riiight... Mr. Spock is in a class all by himself."

Tristan crossed his arms: "Well, if you don't come up with a plan PRONTO, then the deal is off, and I'll take my losses."

"Okay. Just geeve me a few meenutes to theenk; the two of you are drowning me in doubt."

Pavel went to his bed, plopped himself down, and started analyzing his situation while Tristan and Link continued to complain and worry about the consequences they would face if Mr. Spock found out about their scheme.

"I can't believe I got talked into this!" Link said, slapping his hand against his forehead.

"Man! At the time, it sounded foolproof and fun," Tristan said.

The workings of Pavel's analytical mind finally served up an answer. He snapped his fingers: "I've got eet!"

His two partners in crime quickly turned to him, wondering what he had come up with.

"Ve'll have TWO parties!"

The two men chimed in together: "TWO PARTIES?"

"Vhy not? Ve can have one on Friday night-vhich vill be the boring poker party weeth Mr. Spock-and then ve vill have the other on Saturday night. Eet's genius! Ve vill have our vild bachelor party."

The men looked at each other and thought it out:

Tristan smiled cautiously: "Okay; that could work."

"So the first party is for the brass[high-ranking officers] only. I like it!" Link said.

"That's vhy I vork on the bridge vith the other brains," Pavel said airily.

Tristan and Link looked at him: "Sure, Pavel. Sure!"

"What do we do now that we're having two parties?" Link asked.

"I vill take care of the officers' party vhile you two make sure the bachelor party gets set up vithout teepping anyone off to eet."

Tristan and Link nodded their heads in agreement.

"So ve have forty-eight hours to get thees done; let's go, gentlemen! Their vedding ees the next day."

The young men left to arrange the two parties. Chekov figured that he would let Hikaru and Charlene know about the quiet one but would keep the wild bachelor party on the down-low.


A little while later on the bridge at the captain's chair:

"I know eet's short notice, Sir, but Sulu announced the vedding much earlier than expected."

"Yes; the couple put in a request for a wedding date next week. Don't worry; I'll have Mr. Spock rearrange your schedule. And thank you for the invitation."

"Yes, Sir. It vas Mr. Sulu's request to have a small bachelor party like Mr. Spock's. I'd heard it vas wery eenteresting, Sir."

Kirk looked askance at the ensign, reacting to the remark: "We can't all be party animals all the time."

"Of course, Sir," Pavel said, laughing nervously.

Pavel arranged to use one of the recreation rooms for the quiet party, supplying it with party basics: tables, cards, and some decorations; the dispenser was conveniently already there for snacks and desserts. He had convinced Dr. McCoy to bring the drinks. His plan was in place. Then he went to help set up the other party. He had already convinced Sulu that the boring party was in place. "Now how to get heem to come to the second bachelor party?" he wondered. "I vill feegure it out." He walked down the corridor rubbing his hands together as his plan came together: "Vhat could go wrong?"


Tristan was arranging Pavel's containers on a levitating pallet to travel to the lower level to set up the bachelor party when...

"Whatcha doing, Tristan?"

Tristan jumped from his position, looking as guilty as if he had been caught in the act of stealing something.

"Whoa, Eve! Why did sneak up on me like that?"

"I'm sorry! I was checking my inventory," Eve said, noticing that Tristan was surrounded by stacked containers.

"Do you need help?"

Tristan was so nervous, he started sweating: "No. NO! I'm good."

Eve eyed him suspiciously: "Okay; see you later."

"Yep-gotta go."

Tristan used a remote to arrange the containers on the floating pallet and maneuver it through the doors.

Eve found Tristan's behavior strange, but she put it out of her mind and continued with her work.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.