Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000   

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chekov's Mission Impossible: Part 3

Chekov thought he had pulled off the bachelor party crime of the century, all because Commander Spock invited himself to Sulu's decoy bachelor party. Captain Kirk, Scotty, McCoy, and Sulu would all take part in that party. Chekov gave the details of the decoy party to Hikaru to keep him in the dark about the real one. Hikaru told Charlene what Pavel had set up, and she approved it. Nyota decided to give Charlene a spa day with her closest friends before the wedding. Both parties had been arranged, and Chekov's scheme was proceeding as planned:

"Thanks, Pavel, for the quiet party. It's just what I need," Hikaru said.

"Sure, sure! Anytheeng for a friend!"

"You're taking not having the wild party pretty well," Hikaru said.

"Yep; I know vhen I have been outdone by your girlfriend."

"Hey, don't say that! It was my decision."

"I've noticed that you have changed sooo..."

"I will always be your friend; that has not changed."

"Men always change vhen they get married."

"I will change, because I'm with Charlene now, and we are adjusting to our new roles."

Chekov patted Hikaru on the back, giving him a big smile: "Don't vorry! I veell take care of you, and you von't forget the sacrifice I've made."

He left Sulu with a puzzled look on his face.


Meanwhile in Spock and Nyota's suite:

"I'm glad that you took the initiative to invite yourself to Sulu's bachelor party, Spock. But next time, Ashayam, um... please wait to be asked." Nyota wanted to laugh but couldn't because he was working on his social skills and she needed to support that.

"Yes. You suggested that I assert myself to interact more with the crew and develop... friendships."

"Imagine-my man going to his first bachelor party! I'm so proud of you!"

"I have been to mine, Nyota."

"But you were the groom then."

"Nyota, I fail to understand why humans need this form of entertainment to celebrate a wedding."

She went to him and hugged his waist, knowing that to his Vulcan mind, human culture was strange.

"It started as a family tradition to unite families and strengthen the ties between them; then, as the centuries passed, it turned into a more elaborate celebration."

Spock wrapped his arms around his wife and processed that information. He found it strange but decided it was logical to accept it. Kaiidth [what is, is].


"Ees everytheeng ready for tomorrow, Leenk?" Pavel asked.

"Yeah. I've figured out how to get the exotic dancers to the rec room-they are sooo hot! I want one, and I want to party too!"

Tristan shook his head: "First of all, you're not engaged to be married, and, second, what girl would want you?"

"Ha ha! Like you're a catch!" Link snapped.

"Okay, you two! Let eet rest. Vhat about the inwitations?

"The invitations are done; I explained that the party is a secret," Link said.

"Guys, thees veell vork eef we deed everything right! Ve'll have the best time... I can hardly vait! Sulu veell be so surprised!" Chekov pumped his fist in the air.

"We've got the rec room for a good part of the night, and the endless drinks are ready. It took time to accumulate enough drink credits for the night," Tristan explained.

Chekov clapped his hands together: "Yes! My old friend veell be surprised and forget about that other boring party. Thees veell be a party Sulu veell never forget!"


On the night of the first bachelor party, Kirk, McCoy, Scotty, Chekov, Sulu, and Spock went to the designated lounge, where a long table was set up with food and all forms of alcoholic drinks.

McCoy leaned toward Scotty and whispered, "I wish there were some women here to entertain us."

"Aye, this party brings me back to my grandma's 75th birthday luncheon."

McCoy snickered and toasted Scotty: "That's because of Spock! I hope this doesn't become a tradition on this ship!"

Kirk approached them and saw their faces: "Are you two thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yep: another quiet evening on the good ol' Enterprise!"

"Well, it's what Sulu wanted: something low-key; so let's make the best of it."

The men sat around and ate the food and drank and brought up old stories, ranking on Sulu for swashbuckling around the ship shirtless while pretending to be D'Artagnan. The best part of that incident[1] was Riley singing "Kathleen" for the umpteenth time, which drove Kirk crazy. Sulu was still embarrassed about the incident.

Spock observed the bantering and then said, "I remember the incident when Ensign Chekov indicated that he could smell Klingons through space."[2]

Four pairs of eyes locked onto the Vulcan, staring. His fellow crew members couldn't believe what they had heard:

"I don't believe it! Did Mr. Spock-did he just razz Chekov?" Sulu asked.

"I don't believe it either," Kirk said, holding back a giggle.

"I think Uhura is doing a fine job with his social skills," McCoy said, snickering.

Kirk started chuckling, and the rest joined in, erupting in full-on laughter. Spock had poked fun at someone besides Dr McCoy!

Later on, the men had their own viewing monitors and played virtual slots, continuing to share drinks, dreams, and stories of their exploits.

The final winnings:

Kirk: 432 credits won

Chekov: 101 credits lost

McCoy: 267 credits won

Sulu: 600 credits won

Scotty: 50 credits lost

Spock: 356,728 credits won

As the night of drinking, gambling, and story-telling ended, Sulu was grateful to his friends for the fun; he chuckled as the quiet party broke up:

"Thanks, everyone! You just made my future wife very happy!"

"Hey, nothing like getting humiliated in virtual slots," McCoy said, dragging himself out the door.

"Vhat are you talking about? I lost credits! It veell take me months to get those back!" Chekov snapped, thinking not only about the money he had lost on the slots, but also his investment in the exotic dancers and the other bachelor party items. It was costing him.

Then they all turned to Spock, AKA 'Mr. Moneybags':

Scotty scowled: "Mr. Spock came out on top again, just like at his party."

Spock saw their disappointment and rubbed it in a little: "My wife will enjoy using the credits for her shopping pleasure."

"SHOPPING PLEASURE! She could buy a planet with all those credits!" Kirk said slapping Spock on the back.

"Good night, everyone, and thanks again!" Sulu said as he waved and headed toward his quarters.

"One meenute, Hikaru! I have a question," Chekov said as he jogged to catch up to his friend.

"Yeah?"

"I vas vondering vhat are you doing tomorrow night because I need your help vith something. I vas hoping you could come by about 1900 hours."

"I don't have anything planned, and Char is doing her girl's spa tomorrow night. It shouldn't be a problem."

"Great! I'll see you then." Chekov watched Hikaru walk to the turbolift with a big smile. He clapped his hands together as if he had completed his final mission: "Yes! Everytheeng ees een place. Eet's not a vild party on Wrigley's Pleasure Planet, but eet's as close as ve can get veethout going there!

Pavel headed back to his quarters.


The next day, everybody completed their shifts and had the evening off. Sulu was planning to have a quiet evening and get ready for his wedding the next afternoon. Chekov and his team had moved the exotic dancers during the middle of gamma shift, when no one would notice the giggling females as they continued to try to seduce the men. Charlene and her wedding party of Nyota and Eve prepared for their spa night in place of a bachelorette party, blissfully unaware of what was going to happen next.

"Why do I need my toes painted again?" Charlene asked.

"Because!" Nyota pretended to slap her against the head. "You're wearing sandals; your toes need to look nice when you walk down the aisle."

"Plus you need to look sexy for your man on your wedding night," Eve added with a smirk.

"Ahem! We've passed that stage in our relationship."

Nyota eyed her hard: "Don't let me hurt you, Char; you need this! It's important that you keep your relationship hot!"

"Oh? Oh! This is all new to me; give me a wrench or drill and then I'm at home!"

"Girl, you are hopeless!" Eve said, laughing. "I've got this dress custom-made for your figure. Trust me, 'Karu won't recognize you tomorrow."

Charlene's com-link chimed: "I wonder who that is?" Charlene said, walking on her heels over to the com-link to protect her damp nail polish. When she answered it, her friend Tina's image appeared on the monitor:

"Hi, Tina!"

The three of them watched as Tina Lawton said, "I don't like it; I don't like it one bit!"

Nyota looked at her curiously: "What don't you like?"

"That Matt has gone to Sulu's bachelor party!"

The three women said at the same time, "WHAT BACHELOR PARTY?!"

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: Star Trek TOS: "The Naked Time." [1]

"The Trouble With Tribbles." [2]

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.