Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chekov's Mission Impossible: part 7-conclusion


Going to the Chapel

When Kirk found out that Sulu and Masters wanted to get married despite the 2nd bachelor party incident, he pardoned them for their infractions and decided to give them time off for a honeymoon after the wedding.

Pavel was very apologetic about the whole bachelor party, but all Charlene could do was stare at him. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" was her thought. All she could think of was that she and 'Karu had missed their original wedding day, but she was trying really hard to let it go for 'Karu's sake, since Pavel was his best friend and best man.

Eve and Nyota were in Charlene's quarters getting her ready. The dress (something new) was a perfect fit, and they had redone her toenails for the open-toed shoes. Freshwater pearls accented Charlene's braided hair, and her mother's diamond necklace (something old) dangled from her ears.

Nyota checked off the list for the old bridal tradition: "Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something-wait! You don't have anything borrowed! Just a moment!" Nyota presented a box and opened to the green diamond hoop earrings Spock gave as a wedding gift [1]; Charlene gasped as she recognized them from the jewelry store where she shopped with Mr. Spock. She went the mirror and put themon and stood back to look at her handiwork.

Then Eve said: "Now she needs something blue!"

Charlene smiled at both of them: "You don't have to worry about that! I'm wearing them underneath my dress!"

The three women laughed and grouped hugged.

"You make a beautiful bride, Charlene!" Eve said as she made the final adjustments to her gown.

Charlene twirled in her dress as she looked in the mirror: "Eve, you're a miracle worker; I can't believe it's me!"

"Charlene, you're a beautiful woman, inside and out," Nyota said smiling.

The door chimer rang, and Nyota went to answer it.

"That must be Mr. Scott to escort you to the chapel."

Eve quickly gathered the flowers and gave a bouquet each to Charlene and Nyota. Scotty entered the room, dressed in his formal Scottish kilt. He held out his arm to Charlene to take:

"Looks as if I've become the official escort of brides on this ship."

"That's because you do it so well!" Eve said.

They all laughed and headed out to the chapel.

At that moment, Sulu was standing in the chapel in his dress uniform, pulling on his collar, sweating, and breathing hard. He thought to himself, "I was just with her yesterday; why am I so nervous!?"

At that moment, McCoy placed his hand on his shoulder: "It's called the jitters, son."

Sulu snapped his head around to look at McCoy: "What?"

"You need to stay calm; you look like you're going to the executioner!"

Sulu's eyes widened at the statement: "NO, no, doctor! I don't know why I'm so nervous!"

"I know why," McCoy said, patting his back reassuringly.

"It's normal for the groom to feel this way," Kirk added from where he stood in front of the podium. "I think I'll change professions and become a chaplain," he said, trying to take Sulu's mind off his nervousness. "It seems this is what I do daily," he said with a big grin.

"I prefer you as captain of the Enterprise as opposed to a chaplain, Jim," Spock deadpanned. "Your adventuresome personality is much more suited to leading reckless explorations into uncharted areas of the galaxy than writing and delivering solemn sermons."

McCoy, Chekov, and Sulu burst out laughing: Spock had razzed Kirk again.

Kirk eyed Spock and said, "I need to talk to Uhura about your social skills."

Spock just raised a brow: "I only state the facts, Captain."

Their bond glowed and Spock looked at Sulu: "Your bride approaches. I shall start the music and turn on the monitors so the crew can watch the two of you make your vows."

Spock pressed a button on his Padd, and the music started. The women heard the music. Nyota and Eve each gave Charlene one more hug for good luck. Then they entered the chapel together. Scotty patted Charlene's hand as he held her arm while they waited to make their entrance.

"It'll be fine, lass. You're getting' hitched to a good lad there."

Charlene smiled back at Scotty and they entered the chapel and started their march to podium as the music played. Sulu turned and saw a vision of beauty come into view; his eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. The chapel and the people disappeared from his view; he could see only Charlene, who was smiling sweetly at him. His heart leapt, and he couldn't wait another moment to be married; the jitters were gone.

He left his spot, walked down the short aisle, and stood in front of her, looking into her eyes. Then he gave Scotty a quick glance, and Scotty released Charlene's arm to him. The couple approached the podium, where Kirk was waiting with a broad smile. Eve and Nyota looked at each other, knowing there was genuine love between the couple.

The couple was oblivious to the people around them and to the fact that they were being watched by the entire crew. Nyota took Charlene's small bouquet and stepped back into place. Kirk began reading the vows, as he had done with Spock and Nyota, and Charlene and Sulu repeated them. Within a few minutes, Sulu leaned over and gave her a tender kiss. Then it was over, and everyone clapped and cheered.

Yeoman Tina Lawton came up and hugged Charlene with tears in her eyes:

"Charlene, your dress is beautiful, and you make a wonderful bride!"

"Thank you, Tina!"

Then Tina stood back and took vids of the new couple.

Nyota came up with Spock and gave Charlene a deep rocking hug:

"You did it, girl! You're finally married!"

"Thanks to you and Mr. Spock."

Spock tilted a brow, indicating his uneasiness with the subject of his role in helping Charlene and Sulu repair their relationship.

Sulu stood next to Charlene and put an arm around her waist to draw her close to him.

"Yes! Thank you both for supporting us through... through everything!" he said, kissing Charlene on the cheek.

Eve came up next, holding the flowers, and Charlene went to hug her too: "Thank you for this lovely dress, Eve!"

Then Pavel came and stood in front of the couple: "Heekaru, may I keess the bride?"

Charlene eyed him carefully and leaned in for the kiss; Pavel gently kissed her on the cheek: "I'm sorry for everything, Mrs. Sulu. I hope you veell forgeeve me."

Charlene looked the young man in the eye for the first time since the bachelor party and smiled: "OK; I forgive you. I know you're best friends with my husband."

Everyone chuckled, and Sulu slapped Chekov on the back.

Tina, as the photographer, had the group line up to pose for pictures and then took some of the couple alone.

"OK, everyone! Let's head to the mess hall for the reception," McCoy urged the small crowd.

Sulu led Eve, followed by Spock and Nyota, and the rest of the wedding party and guests. As the group went through the corridors, crew members stopped and applauded, offering them their congratulations.

Charlene leaned against 'Karu, hugging his arm to herself as they walked; it was the happiest moment of her life, and she looked forward to new beginnings with him.

When they arrived at the reception hall, more people stood and applauded them. The place was full of well-wishers. 'Karu was absolutely beaming; he was truly happy for the first time in a long time. He only wished that his dad were still around to see how far in life he had come. He looked at Charlene and wondered how she felt about her parents not being there to see them get married. "Now we have each other to make a new life with and have new adventures," he thought.

They were seated at the head table with the wedding party, with music playing and more vids being taken; the celebration was still on the ship-wide monitors. The whole crew was invited to celebrate the moment: there was dancing, food, drink for those who were off duty, and singing. After the dinner, the women were called for the throwing of the bouquet, an old tradition. Charlene tossed it, and Eve caught it! The women oohed and ahhed at the thought of Eve becoming the next bride. Eve laughed and waved the flowers high:

"I'm next!"

Everyone laughed. Then Sulu lifted Charlene's long dress to her thigh, and the men whistled as he removed the bridal garter.

Someone shouted, "Hey, Masters! I think I'll marry you with those legs!"

Sulu stood up quickly to address the voice with a deep stare: "First, she's Masters-Sulu or Mrs. Sulu to you. And second, she's mine! Get your own!"

All the men laughed, and Sulu tossed the garter, which landed on Matt Henry's shoulder. He turned bright red and quickly removed the item and shoved it into his pocket while the whole crew laughed.

"Oh, Matt! Tina is going to a very happy woman!" another man shouted as the laughter continued.

During a slow song, Charlene and 'Karu just held each other and basked in the love they had created.

Spock sat next to his wife holding two of her fingers under the table. He had observed the Terran wedding and was pleased that he had given his Nyota the wedding she had requested. Since his marriage, he had developed a new, unVulcan habit of stepping out of his realm to fulfill his wife's desires. He stood and led Nyota to the dance floor, where they slow-danced together. Nyota looked up at her man and then rested her head on his chest, swaying slowly to the music. Love had filled the good ship Enterprise.

The next day the crew went back to their routine, while Mr. and Mrs. Sulu had an extended honeymoon in their suite.

Somewhere else on the ship:

"Please, Eve, don't keell me!"

"I'm not going to kill you, Pavel. I'm just going to punish you for that bachelor party that almost ruined my friend's life."

"I svear eet vas just a leettle going avay party! I deedn't mean any harm!"

Eve and Tina had tied Pavel down to a biobed in Sickbay. Eve had paid one of the nurses to let them have the room for a few hours. Eve turned to Tina:

"You have the kit?"

"Yes, Eve. It's ready." Tina opened the kit to reveal some tools; she took out each one and placed it on a tray. Pavel saw what was on the tray.

"NO! NO! DON'T DO THEES! PLEASE DON'T DO THEES TO ME! PLEASE!"

Eve sat close to Pavel on the biobed:

"Pavel, Nyota wanted to be here, but she promised the Captain no more trouble. Charlene doesn't know that WE (pointing to Tina and herself) are doing this. You see, you almost broke up Tina's relationship with Matt, Charlene spent her first wedding day in the brig, and the wedding almost didn't happen at all! So I hope you understand why we have to do this."

"But, but not thees-eet veell be wery embarrassing!"

Eve gave Chekov an evil smile: "I promise you it won't hurt-well not that much."

Eve turned to Tina: "Tina, my assistant, are you ready?"

Tina came closer to Pavel: "All you have to do is promise to NEVER give Matt or any of his friends a bachelor party!"

"Deal! EET'S A DEAL!"

Pavel was sweating in fear of what the two women were going to do.

"Good to hear, Pavel. OK, Tina. Remove his shoes," Eve said with a smile. Pavel tried to kick his feet but couldn't because of the restraints.

"PLEASE, LADIES! NOOOOOOOO!"

A few hours later, Dr. McCoy, Spock, Scotty, and Kirk walked into Sickbay.

"I got a message to come down here to investigate a disturbance," McCoy said.

"But why are we all needed?" Scotty asked.

"Maybe we should call additional Security in case there is some danger," Kirk said.

The four men looked around Sickbay. Spock entered the main recovery room and stopped in his tracks. He stared at the form on the bed and blinked his eyes, wondering what was going on.

"Captain, I think I have located the 'disturbance'."

The other three men stopped in the doorway and then slowly proceeded into the room. Spock raised both brows and placed his arms behind his back. He did not know what to make of the sight in front of him.

"Fascinating."

Kirk, Scotty, and McCoy were just staring in shock. Then Scotty pointed at the bed: "What the devil is THAT!"

McCoy covered his mouth in a failing attempt to squelch his laughter.

Kirk's face was torn between laughter and curiosity: "Chekov... What... What happened?"

Chekov was squirming on the bed with a gag in his mouth.

"You've got admit it, Jim: he does look cute," McCoy said.

Then the three of them burst out laughing, holding each other up. They finally had to sit down to get a hold of themselves.

"This-is-much-better than the brig incident!" McCoy declared, when he was able to catch his breath.

There lay Ensign Pavel Chekov-navigator, best man, and best friend to Sulu-in a blossom-pink teddy, all made up, including false eyelashes, shaved legs, and painted toenails.

Meanwhile, in Eve Brody's quarters, four women were laughing hysterically at a vid of Pavel in his new outfit. Nyota and Tina were literally rolling on the floor, while Charlene and Eve were on the bed clutching their stomachs.

"It's definitely blackmail material! We'll make sure he keeps his promise!" Eve said.

 






Chapter End Notes:

 


A/N: This is the last chapter of the "Charlene's Diary" series. I hope you have enjoyed these stories, and I hope I gave justice to these two characters: Mr. and Mrs. Hikaru Sulu. Also, I would like to thank my editor for taking the time to do the heavy duty work of perfecting each chapter in each of my stories. Without Jsilver2000 none of my stories would project the true essence of my writing . With my deepest gratitude Thank you!

[1] The Battle for Spock part 2: chapter 14

If you liked this story, you may enjoy my new series, "The Sisterhood," which features the Mirror Universe's Nyota Uhura in all-new adventures as she faces enemies on all sides and tries to survive life on an Imperial starship.

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.