Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000

 

This is a vignette focusing on Charlene's brothers that I wanted to put into her Diary.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Darren, Curtis, and Marcus Masters sat in the living room, after eating Sulu's hibachi dinner. Now they are relaxing and reminiscing about their lives and careers.

Darren and Curtis run and manage a hoverbike sales and repair company. Charlene worked there when she was a teenager until she went into Starfleet. She made major contributions to the design and engineering of different models of bikes. Her two eldest brothers had become wealthy by producing and marketing the hoverbikes Charlene had designed. She had also been the pit crew when her brothers used to race. They would win trophies and awards because they had the best mechanic, Charlene, AKA 'Cha-Cha'. They were not happy when she decided to join Starfleet.

Marcus became a lawyer who devoted himself to helping the unfortunate in the community of New Chicago.

"So what do you guys think of Hikaru?"

Darren looked at his little sister and answered with a smirk, "You mean the man who tried to kill us with his knives?!"

Charlene burst out laughing. "Serves you right trying to break him down, you meanies!"

"Aw, Cha-Cha, we were just checking him out; it was our job! Mom and Dad told us to take care of you!" Curtis said, chuckling.

Charlene leaned toward Marcus, her sensible brother, and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, Marcus! I know you understand, despite my older brothers' objections!" she said, giving Darren and Curtis the stink eye.

Curtis leaned forward and asked her, "Cha-Cha, where's your girlfriend? You know, the sexy-looking one-man, I still have dreams about her..." Curtis said mischievously.

Charlene punched Curtis in the arm.

"Ouch! What's the matter with you?"

"That's my best friend, you a**!"

"Watch your mouth!" Darren snapped.

Charlene folded her arms, saying, "He has no right to talk about my best friend like one of his bimbos!"

"Is she here on Earth?" Marcus asked.

"Is she here in San Francisco?" Darren asked.

"Is she available?" Curtis asked.

"Is she seeing anyone?" asked Curtis,

who was the most stuck on Nyota. He would compete with his brothers for Nyota's attention.

Several years ago when Nyota and Charlene were on shore leave on Earth to visit family and friends, Charlene had introduced Nyota to her brothers. It was the first time she had ever seen her brothers speechless. It was a sight to see, her big, bossy brothers choking when they were introduced to the sexy Nyota. Her brothers made fools out themselves trying to get her attention. Charlene laughed at them for months when talking to them over the com-link to home. Nyota turned Charlene's brothers into boys; they did anything and everything for her attention and Nyota played it to the hilt. They would beg Charlene for Nyota's com-link address or they would fight each other over who would get to date Nyota. Charlene found it all highly amusing.

Charlene looked at her three brothers; she loved them as much as any sister could, but there were times they went too far when it concerned her decisions in life. They thought she was helpless, but she was fearless. Charlene smiled; her best friend was off the dating market.

"Yes.

"Yes.

"No.

"Yes."

The brothers gave Charlene a quizzical look and thought about her answers. All three brothers stood up in shock and said "WHAT!?" at the same time.

"She's taken?" Marcus asked.

"Who's she dating" Darren demanded to know.

"I'll take care of him for stealing my girl!" Curtis said, baring his teeth.

"First, she is with a man, a scientist as a matter of fact."

"A scientist?" they asked at the same time.

"What is she doing dating a brainiac?" Darren wanted to know.

"Nyota needs a real man, like me," Curtis asserted.

The three of them looked at Curtis, wondering why he thought he was so special.

"Yeah, right!" Darren said, rolling his eyes.

"Second, she's not dating anyone."

"But you said she's taken," Marcus said.

"Yes I did; she's married to the scientist."

"WHAT!?" the three of them chorused.

Darren sat down in disbelief; his dream girl was gone.

Marcus had a hurt-puppy look on his face.

Curtis was upset.

"How could she do this to us?" Marcus asked.

"Excuse me, how could she do this to ME!" Curtis said pointing to himself.

Charlene looked in amazement at her brothers. They are so full of it!

"But worst of all, she's married to a scientist, a really nerdy guy," Darren said.

Curtis snapped at Charlene: "How could you let her do that? I told you that I liked her!"

Charlene laughed and indicated her brother with her thumb, asking: "Is he serious?"

Darren folded his arms, saying: "Yeah he's serious, the dope."

"When did she get married?" Marcus asked somberly.

"It's almost a year I think; I was her maid of honor."

Charlene looked around at their sad faces and realized they had really been attracted to Nyota. She hadn't wanted her best friend hooked up to one of her brothers; it would be like having a sister married to a brother. Charlene was uncomfortable with that thought. YUCK!

They all sat down.

"She was HOT!" Curtis blurted out.

Charlene punched Curtis again, telling him, "Stop saying that! Nyota is my best friend, and I consider her my sister. So, she's your adopted sister too."

After a minute another barrage of questions erupted:

"Is he good to her?"

"Does he work in Starfleet with her?"

"Is he nerdy-looking?"

"Does she love him?"

Charlene laughed again, to see her brothers humbled. It was comical to watch them react to knowing they couldn't have Nyota. Nyota had thought they were nice, but when Charlene shared how they had treated her growing up-treating her as one of the boys rather than a girl, Nyota had gone out of her way to teach Charlene how to look and act like a woman when they were on leave.

"Yes.

"Yes.

"No.

"Yes.

"Sorry guys, Nyota will never leave him or forsake him. This scientist is a keeper."

"If he's a scientist, then he's a chump!" Curtis snapped. "Nyota needs a real man; I could have shown her a good time and offered her a happy lifetime with ME. You let me down, Cha-Cha. And after all we've done for you!"

The other two brothers laughed, saying "Right, Curtis. Whatever!"

Charlene's brothers calmed down from the initial shock and became more jovial.

"Do you have vids or pictures of them? I would like to see this scientist she's married," Marcus said.

Charlene had always been closest to Marcus; he was the youngest out of the three, and he was the voice of reason in the family. She got up and went to her room, returning with her Padd, She sat between Marcus and Curtis. She touched the screen to reveal the picture of the wedding party, in which the crew members had posed with Spock and Nyota.

The brothers were shocked: "A Vulcan!?" they all asked at the same time. Charlene chuckled. The brothers knew that Vulcans are no joke; they are serious people.

"Yes, he's my commanding officer on the Enterprise, Mr. Spock. And now he's Nyota's husband. They work together on the bridge."

"Well, that's different. I know that Vulcans are two or three times stronger than Terrans!" Darren said.

"Who wants to mess with HIM?!" Marcus asked rhetorically.

Curtis sat quietly, trying to understand the attraction, looking at the woman he had had a crush on since the day he met her.

Darren crossed his legs, saying: "Well that's the end of THAT. Nyota put it to rest with the Vulcan!"

Charlene looked at Darren and Curtis as though she had missed something.

"What do you mean?"

"Vulcan is our major client for hoverbike sales; we are the only company that has the capability to produce bikes that can be adjusted to Vulcans' weight and height, as well as to their planet's gravitational levels. They are our best buyers!" Darren explained.

"We know that Vulcans are not people to piss off!" Curtis added. "On top of that, our sales increased recently because of some prince or duke or something from their planet."

"Vulcan has given us good ratings and referrals; we can't hate them," Darren added.

Charlene leaned forward with the vid of Spock and Nyota and pointed it towards her brothers for a better view.

"That's him! He's the prince of Vulcan-the man Nyota married!"

The brothers' eyes really opened, and they took another look at the Vulcan.

"Now that's deep!" Darren said.

The three of them looked at the woman they once desired and her husband and sat down in their seats. Charlene sees the lost look on her brothers, and thought to herself: ‘Gross, they were really perving on Nyota!"

'Karu came in to join his new family, carrying a tray of sake: "Here you go, my brothers: the strongest batch of sake I could find!"

Before Sulu could finish his sentence, the three brothers jumped up, each grabbing a cup and quickly drinking it. Curtis grabbed the decanter and poured more for each of them.

'Karu looked inquiringly at his fiancée:

"Did I miss something?"

"Yup; they found out who Mr. Spock is," she said, giggling at her brothers.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.