Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

  

Now is always the time

  

Chapter 10

 

Back at the Llanview Police Department the investigation into John's shooting is in full swing.  Crime does not take a holiday nor wait for appropriate moments so the staff is spread thin but everyone is making certain that nothing is overlooked in this investigation:

 

-the camera recordings,

-the bullets retrieved from the hospital, and 

-officers still canvassing the area for evidence and witnesses and searching for any evidence to identify the shooter

 

Antonio is in Bo's office as they view the doctor's official report which was faxed over a few minutes earlier.  Just as they finish, Ballistics Supervisor Connor Rand knocks on the open door and enters with the ballistics test results in his hands. 

 

"Commissioner Buchanan and Detective Vega, we have a preliminary report on the bullets and wanted to get this information to you as soon as possible.  The two bullets are of different calibers and fired from two different guns."

 

Both Bo and Antonio stand wide eyed in front of Rand and with Bo taking the lead, asks, "Am I to understand you correctly that these bullets came from two different guns?  All the witnesses, so far, said that they heard only one shot.  How can that be?"

 

Rand replies, "Sir, if the guns were fired at the same time then it may have sounded like only one shot.  The evidence suggests differently.  Two different guns were used a .22 and a .38."

 

Antonio grabs the doctor's report from Bo's desk and points out one section to both Bo and Rand, ‘two gunshot wounds in the back in the upper torso, one on the right and one on the left'.  "Bo, if this is correct then we have two separate shooters and not one person shooting John twice in the back."

 

Before any of the men can make a comment, Officer Cerutti knocks on the door and sticks his head in and upon seeing Rand there with Bo and Antonio he decides to give his update on the perimeter search.  "Commissioner we've found two weapons and they are now in the lab."  Bo looks at Rand and Antonio and asks, "Calibers?"  Cerutti responds, "A .22 and a .38.  But they were found in dumpsters behind buildings on opposite sides from the shooting.  How can one single person fire two different guns from two different locations at the same time?"  Rand answers for everyone in the room, "It can't be done.  There were two shooters."

 

This case has just grown exponentially more difficult, or has it?  Rand states that he will return to the lab to oversee the testing of the retrieved weapons and will report back when he has more information.  Officer Cerutti leaves and Bo and Antonio remain in the office strategizing on what to do next.  They don't get to strategize for long because another knock on the door interrupts them.  This time it is a technician reporting on the findings from viewing the camera footage.  Not sure if they are ready for any more surprises Bo decides that he and Antonio will go down to the lab themselves and view the footage as the technician explains his findings.

 

Many hours later, after viewing the footage, receiving updates from ballistics and forensics, categorizing witness statements, checking on John's condition, cataloging gathered evidence, Bo arranges to meet with the District Attorney at her office in the courthouse.  All the evidence points to one conclusion, there were two shooters, this was not a professional hit, and the camera footage and the fingerprint evidence from the guns and the gloves discarded with the guns give undisputable proof of the identities of the assailants.  






Chapter End Notes:

Dum ta dum dum.  Ugh oh!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.