Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Now is always the time

 

(Evangeline has her say.  It might not be what we want to hear but hey it's her life.)

  

Chapter 13

 

A lawyer at a loss for words is really something so see but here sits Evangeline shell-shocked at John's words.  Wait a minute, wait a minute she thinks to herself, ‘This is not the first time that I have heard him say this.  I thought it was just a dream.'  

 

Coming out of the mental fog that she was in Evangeline asks John, "Did you say any of this to me when I was in the coma.  Some of these things sound familiar to me.  While you were talking just now some of the things you were saying were so familiar to me."  

 

John smiled and said, "Yes I did but I didn't think that you would ever remember them.  I talked to you about things that we did and that I love you and that I want to marry you.  I thought for sure when you heard those words that you would pop right up and slap me and say, ‘Right John wait until I'm in a coma to profess your love to me'.  It wasn't a purposeful thing it was just want I was feeling at the time."

 

"I thought it was a dream or my subconscious making up its own story.  Now that I'm not dreaming nor in a coma, can you say them again?" Evangeline looks John directly in the eyes to see if he will change his story.

 

"You want me to repeat everything that I just said?" John asks smiling as he reaches out his hand to grab hers.

 

"No just repeat the important parts," she says as he kisses her hand.

 

John then lowers her hand to his heart and does as she asks. Looking into her eyes he sincerely says, "I know what love is.  I know whom I love.  I love you.  I want to marry you.  I want to have children with you.  I want to grow old with you."

 

After all of this time John finally tells Evangeline that he loves her.  Years after they broke up to be precise.  And add insult to injury he says that he loved her years ago but never said the words because he thought that it was too late to say them.  At this juncture in the conversation a women might grab him to hug him and kiss him and tell him that she loves him too OR she might slap him and tell him where to shove his ‘I love you' but looking at this scene it's hard to tell just what Evangeline will do.  She's giving nothing away with her posture or her facial expressions.

 

"I never stop loving you John, even when we weren't together.  I could rant and rave right now about your timing but since I recovered from my coma my views on things have changed a great deal.  It's so interesting that we're having this conversation now.  A few days ago I was talking with my Uncle Clay and he shared with me something about himself that I did not know.  He and Aunt Elizabeth dated and then broke up and years later got back together and married.  They had their second chance at love.  And then tonight when I was trying to fall asleep one thought kept me awake.  I've been given a second chance at life.  The OPP wanted me dead but I'm here alive in spite of all of their efforts.  And I too read somewhere recently a saying about living for the moment, ‘Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.' (Alice Morse Earle).  

We've both changed since we were last together and I don't want to go back to the way things were between us.  Let's make the most of now and make it spectacular.  When you are out of the hospital and recovered then we can talk about marriage, children and growing old together.  You're probably surprised with my reaction but I told myself that if love came my way that I would not turn my back on it.  You once told me that we were worth fighting for John, so fight for us and don't give up on us.

It's late and I'm tired so I will go now.  Get some rest and I will return during visiting hours. It's good that I don't have court tomorrow because I don't think that I could concentrate.  I need some sleep and I think now that we have talked that I will be able to fall asleep when I get home."  Evangeline stands to leave and John pulls her to him and gently kisses her lips.

"Thank you Evangeline.  Knowing that you love me will make my recovery go much quicker.  I will not give up on us this time.  Go home and I'll see you when you come back," John says as he releases her to leave.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.