Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Now is always the time 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

And this changed Llanview is the one to which Evangeline Williamson awakens, exactly one year after she lapsed into a coma.  Her recovery was not easy and she had her ups and downs but she was determined to leave the facility on her own terms and able to take care of herself.  Instead of returning to her old apartment building she opted for a small cottage on the outskirts of town.  She wanted peace and quiet.  

 

Nora assisted her in renewing her law license.  Evangeline then decided to teach some courses at Llanview University while getting her CLE (Continuing Legal Education ) credits.  The University is so impressed with her that they offered her a permanent position but she declined.  She told them that her place is in the court room and she plans to return as soon as she can.  Nora also tried to convince her to return as the Assistant District Attorney but Evangeline declined that also and prefers to be her own boss and choose for herself which cases she will handle.

 

Evangeline’s family wants her to return to the Washington, D.C. area but Evangeline refused once again.  She explains that she has made a life for herself here in Llanview and she wants to stay here.  Her mother, Lisa, even went so far as to ask Dennis, Evangeline’s ex-boyfriend, to talk some sense into Evangeline and let her know how fantastic of a life she would have in D.C.  That conversation went ‘south’ quickly and Dennis knew right away that he had lost that battle.  

 

Uncle Clay ever remained the calm influence in all of the upheaval.  He personally traveled to Llanview and stayed with Evangeline at her cottage and asked her point blank why she wanted to stay in Llanview and even if she didn’t want to return to D.C. why not move to a bigger city and further advance her career.  Although Evangeline was tired of explaining her choices to everyone, she did appreciate that her uncle took the time to come to her in person and hear her out.  After about an hour of listing all of the reasons why she wanted to stay she ended with, “Uncle Clay, I feel that I can make a real difference here.  I’m comfortable here and I have had enough upheaval in my life in the last few years that I just need some peace.  There is so much to do here socially and with its close proximity to Philadelphia my choices are further enhanced.  Even with all the things that have happened to me during my time in Llanview, I am still a respected member of the community.  Contrary to what others may think I didn’t go to law school to one day sit on the Supreme Court.  I went into law to make a difference and I do that here.  Many may not agree with my decision but it is mine to make.  When I was attacked my choices were taken away from me.  I will not allow that to happen again.”  Uncle Clay just smiled because he was so proud of the strength that his niece showed.  She is her own person, thoughtful, enterprising, considerate, strong, intelligent and she has every right to make her own decision about her life without interference from others, including her family. He replies, “Evangeline, I am so proud of you and I will support you in your choice.  This is your life and live it as you see fit.  I am confident that you will make the right decisions for you.  I just want you to be happy.  Things have been rough for you here and we just wanted you a little closer home so that we can look out for you but you are a grown woman and can take of yourself.  I will leave tomorrow but know that if you need me, I am only a phone call away.”  They hug and decide to go out to dinner at the Palace restaurant.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.