Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Summary: Spock and Nyota continued to bask in the joy their marriage had brought. Nyota continued to research Vulcan history, looking for loopholes to apply in her plan to deal with T'Pring. Nyota is determined to do something about what she did against all her logic and reasons. [To understand Uhura's reasons go back to; "The Battle for Spock part 2; chapter 8"]    




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


See the source image

 

Week 2: Enterprise POV: It's a Start

Christine had started her therapy with Dr. Robinson to deal with her depression over Spock's marriage. She sat quietly in front of the woman who held the power to return her to duty. Christine wanted to go back to work; it was her life dream. But then again, so was Commander Spock.

"Can you tell me when you started to like the Commander?"

Christine spoke softly, "I can't put a date on it, but I guess the first day I was assigned to the Enterprise. Commander Spock is different."

"Because he's a Vulcan?"

"No, because he's like no other man; he has no ego to bruise."

"What attracted you to him?"

"Would you believe his ears?" Christine asked, chuckling softly.

"His ears? What's so special about his ears?": Latoya giving Christine a curious look.

Christine continued to chuckle, breaking, if only for a moment, the despair that had engulfed her since she heard of Spock and Nyota's marriage.

"It's just one of those physical differences that I liked about him."

Christine leaned forward:

"Dr. Robinson, everyone has a certain type or quality they like in a person. Mr. Spock is known for his pointed ears; I find them attractive. But then I found out that I'm not the only one who finds his ears attractive."

"Please call me Latoya. Christine, I want you to be informal with me so that you can feel comfortable enough to express your feelings. And what do you mean you're NOT the only one?"

"It turns out that other women on the ship secretly find the Commander attractive as well, and they have also been pining over him. That made me feel like a fool."

"You shouldn't feel like a fool just because other women find the same man attractive. Tell me more about the Commander."

Christine gave Latoya a sorrowful look: "I thought-I used to think-that we had a connection. I thought I understood him better than anyone. If you've ever been left out or left behind-you get this feeling of loneliness. People would make fun of Spock or attack his character without really knowing him. People judged him on his outward appearance, but I witnessed and observed his caring qualities. He's really close to the Captain and Dr. McCoy, and he would sometimes let down his barriers or show a certain amount of human expression. He doesn't do that often; he very reserved-almost shy. I like that in a man. There were certain times, like when he was sick with his physiological fever. For the first time, Spock expressed anger, hurt, and loneliness, all at the same time. People wanted to put him away, but I wanted to help him any way that I could. I couldn't stand to see him suffer, and it's not the only time I've seen him suffer. I felt a connection with the way he reached out to know me to fill his loneliness."

Christine's eyes filled with tears, which started to run down her face:

"That's why I love him so much, and it's so hard to deal with the fact that he is married to one of my friends."

Latoya gave her a tissue and let her cry.

"I'm so tired of crying-so tired of hurting."

"That's why I'm here-to help you stop hurting, Christine."

"I know, but I still love that Vulcan man."

"I want to thank you for sharing this; I know it was hard. With such loss in a situation like this, we can only move forward. Christine, I want to help you move forward from this pain."

LaToya reached out and held Christine's hands to support her.

"We are going to do this together; you are not alone in this. Do you believe that?"

Christine nodded her head yes.

"So let's start with the road of discovery, which leads to recovery."


Later that evening, a dinner was in progress; it was a reunion of the wedding party: Sulu and Charlene were now officially dating, so McCoy, Kirk, Scotty, and Eve were entertaining themselves by teasing the two for dating. Uhura and Spock observed the friendly banter while holding their fingers in the ozh'esta.

McCoy smiled slyly at Sulu and asked, "So, Masters, has Sulu finally shown you his sword collection?"

A round of snickering ensued; everyone knew it was a game changer. Charlene looked shyly at Sulu.

"Yes, he did!" she said. "And he gave me a lot details about them."

The group burst out laughing.

Scotty held up his goblet toward them: "What a brave lass to endure the tedious sword collection monologue."

This generated even more laughter.

Sulu laughed sheepishly, "Ha, ha, ha."

"What surprised me is that Masters and Brody won the bet," Kirk said, waggling his eyebrows at Charlene.

Nyota looked curiously at Charlene: "What bet?"

Charlene and Eve exchanged embarrassed glances while the men snickered.

"Well Ny-Dr. McCoy made this bet that Mr. Spock-would-um-return early from his honeymoon."

Kirk looked mischievously at his friend: "It was the men against the women."

"And I thought I knew Spock-I thought it was a sure thing," McCoy added.

Nyota gave the group her own mischievous look and said seductively, "Too bad, gentlemen, that you lost that bet, but I can assure you those extra 24 hours were not wasted on talking about logic."

Spock hid his reaction behind his water glass, and Nyota picked up wine glass to sip and observe the group's reactions.

Three forks dropped onto their plates, a glass was knocked over on the table, and gasps were heard, followed by comments:

"DAMN!"

"Oh-wow!"

"Spock is the man!"

"Deeeeeeeeeep!"

"That's what we get for playing!"

"Never underestimate a Vulcan!"

Charlene and Eve broke out in laughter: "Never estimate the power of love," Eve said. The two women tipped their glasses together in victory.

The wedding party laughed at the couple, while Spock and Nyota performed the finger embrace.

"The fact is that he's getting all the attention, now that he's a prince," Kirk complained good-naturedly.

"I'm not a prince, Jim."

"According to Starfleet you are!" Kirk replied as all the Terrans joined together in laughter.

Sulu broached another topic: "I keep hearing this strange story about Nyota."

"What story is that? We all know the lass can sing like an angel," Scotty replied.

Sulu continued: "Well, that's true, but I've heard that she's been in fights over Mr. Spock."

The men chuckled while the three women froze, their eyes widening. Nyota broke the connection with Spock's fingers and placed her hands in her lap.

"She fought over Spock's ears on that planet sometime back," Kirk interjected.[1]

"Yeah; Charlene told me some parts of that story, but the crew keeps mentioning another confrontation on the ship," Sulu said.

This caught McCoy's interest; he leaned toward Sulu and said, "Tell us whatcha heard!"

"Well, the rumor goes that Nyota kicked some female crewmen's a$$es for approaching Mr. Spock, and there was also something about a women's club for him only."[2]

The room became silent, with curious looks going back and forth between Nyota and Charlene.

Even Kirk wanted to know more: "Keep going, Sulu; I'm really interested in this information."

"It's really weird; there is this club that any woman who likes Mr. Spock can join to share their admiration of him. The strangest thing is that-you won't believe it-is that Nurse Chapel was the leader."

"Nurse Chapel?" the men chorused.

The men, including Spock, looked at the women curiously; Nyota, feeling their stares, took a deep breath:

"Yes, it's true. Mr. Spock has his own secret admirers club."

Spock's eyebrows rose in astonishment. "Interesting."

McCoy was shocked. Christine was so obsessed with Spock that she and his other admirers had formed their own club. His mind had a hard time grasping the concept; he thought he knew Christine-his rock-steady head nurse. He would have expected that she would have control over her affection for Spock. He felt slight disappointment and sadness that it had gone this far.

"Mr. Spock has his own harem?" Scotty wondered aloud. "Like where the ladies entertain ya all the time? That's a man's dream."

"Well I'll be damned! Our pointed-eared Vulcan has lady admirers on the ship, as well that purple lady on that planet?" McCoy demanded, glaring at Spock.

Scotty took a sip of his drink: "I never took Mr. Spock for a lady-killer."

Charlene continued with the facts: "Gentlemen, the members of this club would follow Mr. Spock around the ship and tell their favorite fantasy all day long! I don't think I've ever been in the mess hall without his name being brought up."

"Yeah, then they would hound me about Spock, asking me about his personal business or asking me directly like how I liked working next to him. I'm so glad my man is not like most men, so it doesn't feed his ego!" Nyota folded her arms, looking distressed.

Kirk started laughing again: "I like it-Mr. Spock, our neighborhood Casanova-I never would have guessed!"

Spock was not pleased; Nyota had told him a few months ago that the women crew members found him attractive, and he was aware of Nurse Chapel's declared intentions. But, in his opinion, a society of admirers was unorthodox and unnecessary; the only attention that he desired was from his wife:

"I do not understand why the female crew would engage in such an activity; it's completely illogical. I'm am at a loss."

The party chuckled at Spock's response.

Eve tried to explain: "Mr. Spock, it's just that some women have different taste in what they are looking for in relationships. Some women are attracted to the quiet type of man, as opposed to loud, flashy men, who usually get the most attention."

"It's true, Mr. Spock. Many women take a more subtle approach to relationships, so the club members were scoping you out," Charlene added.

Eve saw the jealousy on faces of the men just realizing that Mr. Spock had stolen their thunder: "Oh, don't worry, gentlemen; Captain Kirk is still the main object of the female crew members' affections. Charlene and I just won this huge bet."

All the men except Spock turned toward Eve and chimed: "What?"

Charlene giggled: "It was the biggest credit jackpot I've ever won!"

Eve explained the betting: "You see, the bets were on Nyota and the Captain to hook up because-well, the Captain is known for his charisma, and Nyota is known for her beauty. Being the most popular made them the most obvious potential couple; that was the bettors' mistake. So when Mr. Spock came out of nowhere and married Nyota, Charlene and I cashed in!"

They both reached over and high-fived each other.

"Yeah, if this keeps up, Eve and I will be millionaires!"

Eve added with a smile: "But we owe it to all to Mr. Spock for marrying Nyota!"

McCoy's mouth dropped open: "I'll be damned again!"

Sulu looked at his new girlfriend and smiled: "I think it's cool that my girl knows how to bet; I think she'll do well at my next poker game."

More laughs went around.

Then McCoy had an epiphany about the club of admirers: "Excuse me, Eve and Charlene, by any chance were Abigail Franklin and Janet Sullivan in Mr. Spock's secret club?"[3]

Nyota stiffened, holding her breath; now was the moment of truth "DAMN!"

Eve and Charlene looked curiously at the Captain and each other but kept silent.

"Well, ladies, there's nothing I can do anyway; their files are closed, and there's no investigation. So, therefore, what we say here, stays here," McCoy said.

Charlene looked inquiringly at Nyota, silently asking, "Should we?" Nyota nodded, giving her permission to tell. She didn't have a choice; she wanted it done and over with anyway. Hiding stuff from Spock was not a good way to begin a marriage. Plus the fact that the injury cases were closed gave Nyota leverage.

Charlene continued: "Yes, Dr. McCoy, they are, and they threatened Nyota over her dating Mr. Spock."

Kirk turned his chair toward her in shock, "What?"

The other men also had shocked looks on their faces.

Charlene jumped out of her seat to tell the story: "Oh, you should have seen Nyota. They would talk junk, threaten, and challenged her about Mr. Spock. Nyota tried to be ladylike and talk to them about respect, but nooo, they took it to another level. They told Nyota they would beat her down, but my girl kicked a$$! She used moves on them that I've never seen, and then their pride was hurt and they swore they wouldn't tell a soul as they limped to Sickbay. Then the message got out to not mess with Nyota or her man. Nyota is awesome!" Charlene declared as she pumped her fist in the air.

Everyone had an amazed look on their face, including Spock.

Kirk shook his head: "I've never would have believed that about you, Uhura."

"Captain, I did try to negotiate with them first, but the accusations were just too much, and I was disrespected. She turned to Spock to justify her actions: "Spock, darling, I know it doesn't seem logical for your point of view, but human females sometimes have to stake their claim to make it clear that-as you say in Vulcan terms-their "property" is no longer available. Our relationship was secret by your request. I attempted to honor it, and believe me it was a struggle. I hope you understand my reasons."

Spock did understand her reasons; he felt the same way when he would hear the male crew converse about Nyota's sexual appeal. He remembered having to deal with Lt. Boma claiming that Nyota was his woman. [4] The struggle to deal with Boma's declaration had been overwhelming: could he have taken physical action? He had to consider the consequences. Yes-according to his Vulcan instincts and Vulcan law, he had every right. But Vulcan law did not apply on a Federation starship.

"Yes, I understand the circumstances of your actions and that you were attempting to honor my request to keep our relationship secret. I was unaware of the situation that you were placed in, requiring you to resort to such actions on my behalf. For that, my wife, I ask forgiveness; I did not mean to jeopardize your position as an officer and the woman that you are."

Spock offered Nyota his fingers, and she in return touched his in return. She found only respect and admiration for her actions. Then his consciousness touched Nyota in a sexual way, causing her eyes to widen and a warm smile of anticipation to emerge on her face.

Nyota hadn't expected that kind of reaction to all the fights she'd been through. It was a relief that she didn't have to hide anymore. She hadn't liked keeping those secrets from Spock. She responded to her loving Vulcan with love and gratitude for how he viewed her situation.

Eve looked at Charlene as she sat back down and they both took in the tender moment between Spock and Nyota:

"I don't know, Charlene, but that is the most romantic thing I've ever heard," Eve said, placing her hands over her heart.

Charlene sighed deeply: "Yeah, Mr. Spock is in a class all by himself."

Scotty couldn't believe what he just heard. He was shocked to see the women looking googly-eyed at Mr. Spock like some kind of Adonis. "He just agreed that he approved of his wife kicking someone's a$$?"

Sulu and McCoy chimed in in unison: "Yeah, he did!"

Kirk sat there smirking, highly amused that Spock had taken his spot as ship's Casanova and that Uhura had beaten up two or maybe more crewwomen over him. "DAMN! That is sexy!" He turned to Uhura, raising his eyebrow:

"Ms. Uhura, or Mrs. Spock, I hope that will be the last time I hear of incidents like this?"

Uhura sat up straight: "Oh yes, Captain! The women got my message to leave my man alone!"

Everyone laughed.

Nyota took a deep breath and sighed:

"Well, I'm glad it's out in the open. I didn't know whether the Captain would approve of my actions. I was worried; that's for sure!"

The group chuckled.

Scotty chimed in with: "All that means, Ms. Uhura, is that when it comes to your Mr. Spock, you're a force to reckon with; no other lassie would want to contend with ya, fa sure!"

McCoy laughed and added, "I think we need to take Nyota on more beamdown missions when there are other females involved. I think our missions would get done faster."

Kirk sat back and took in all that was said. He remembered what Charlene had said on Nyota and Spock's wedding night: that people would interfere in their marriage. It had already happened with Boma, the female crew members, and even Nurse Chapel. Kirk turned to the couple to find out more:
"Spock, what happens when you get Vulcan?"

"Our marriage will be authenticated by my clan's matriarch; it is analogous to a health check. It will ensure that Nyota and I have a secure bond."

"That's interesting. So Nyota will always be able to read your mind?" Kirk asked.

"No, Captain. It is hard to explain; we sort of merge as one."

"Wow-that is so different," Eve said.

"Will there be another wedding service?" Scotty asked.

Spock answered: "I am unaware of another wedding ceremony on Vulcan."

McCoy was still a bit nervous about going back to Vulcan. "You mean that you won't encounter any other suitors like the last time?" he asked.

Spock raised one of his brows while answering McCoy: "I believe this ceremony will not have distractions or incidents."

Nyota felt through their bond that Spock was feeling uncomfortable about discussion of the Vulcan ceremony that Kirk and McCoy had participated in. So she decided to end the conversation and the evening.

"I want to thank everyone for a wonderful dinner and great conversation!"

Nyota extended her fingers toward Spock, letting him know she was ready to retire to their quarters. But she secretly had a hidden agenda, just for her man, for when they returned to their quarters. "I believe we should take a nice relaxing shower; don't you think?"

"Gentlemen, ladies, my wife and I will retire now. Thank you for the evening meal."

Spock and Nyota stood with their fingers engaged, bowed toward the group, and left with anticipation.

After Spock and Uhura left, Scotty had a question; "Do ya know why they were always touching their fingers?"

Kirk answered Scotty's question: "It's their form of touching that they only allow in public."

Charlene added; "Nyota told me also, that it's a form of kissing too!"

"I think it's so romantic." Eve chimed.

"It wasn't so romantic what I saw on his home planet, that's a whole new situation." McCoy added.

Kirk added factually; "Well Spock's parents did it a lot when they were here on the ship."

"I wonder if they'll decided to have kids?" inquired Eve.

McCoy rolled his eyes up: "Oh God"

Everyone snickered at the thought.


Later during the week, another meeting took place.

"Tell me about your friendship with Lieutenant Nyota Uhura."

Christine took a deep breath; she had to address the elephant in the room. The one person who had betrayed her trust over Spock-the one woman she had envied for so long-was now the center of conversation.

"Do we have to talk about her-now?"

"It would help-but if you are not ready-we can discuss her another time. But remember, her name will come up again."

Christine chuckled and started to talk to Latoya sarcastically:

"Nyota Uhura-the perfect one-the beautiful one! Every man desires her. I see men fight over her-discuss her like she's some prima donna. Oh? I forgot-she's now a princess married to SPOCK! No woman can compare to her-she took the only man I've ever loved. I can't forgive her-I don't know how. I trusted her with my secret love for Spock, and she went behind my back and seduced him, catching him in her web. It's been that way since the Academy. I watched her use men, play with their hearts, and burn them like they were paper. She could have any man in the world-the UNIVERSE, but somehow ended up with the most desirable man on this ship. She always get her way-always so lucky-that b*tch!"

Christine was breathing heavily; her fists were balled up on her lap and her eyes were filled with rage.

"Do you know how long I've been trying to get Spock's attention-just to have a decent conversation with him? I had to beat off other women to stop them from even mentioning his name in disrespect. Spock deserves respect. I wonder sometimes why he doesn't have his own ship because he so intelligent-he's that good."

"Do you really believe that Uhura stole Spock from you?"

"YES!"

Did you ever try to confront her about your feelings for the man?"

"Yes!"

Christine took another deep breath:

"It was after Mr. Spock was hurt on this past mission. Dr. McCoy released him from Sickbay. I wanted to do a welfare check on his wounds; he saved most of the landing party. He would do such selfless acts. On my way to his quarters, I encountered Nyota at his door, and she snapped at me for doing my job and closed the door in my face. After that, we had a meeting and Nyota informed me that she was involved with Spock, but she did not tell me that they were already married. MARRIED!"[6]

Christine became so frustrated that she stood up and started pacing, her anger getting the best of her.

"Breathe, Christine-short breaths."

Latoya looked at Christine with deep concern-the poor woman had deep bitterness toward Uhura.

"Christine, I want to thank you for sharing such an intense and painful part of your life. I know this wasn't easy, but I think it is important to find the cause of your situation."

Christine glared at Dr. Robinson:

"I know the cause of my situation! She knew I liked him-we would have conversations about our love interests. Spock is not the type of man you approach and ask out; his shyness makes him so sexy and irresistible."

"Was Uhura always like this toward you, Christine?"

Christine took another deep breath and replied with a trembling voice:

"No, she was a good friend. We shared a room together back at the Academy with Charlene. We would hang out in clubs, go on vacations together, talk all the time about the future for almost two years. We had fun-we were like the Three Musketeers."

Christine sat down again and bowed her head; the tears started to build:

"I can't say when the jealousy started, but I know I liked this guy during my internship. [5] I thought we hit it off. But once he met Nyota, he kind of dropped me. Charlene called me out over my feelings about Spock and Nyota; she knows about my jealousy of Nyota and she suggested we should have talked it out."

"Why didn't you?"

"By that time, I was aware that Spock and Nyota were married; my heart was broken and hurt. I just wasn't ready to believe it. I was holding out hope that he-he- would notice me."[7]

"Christine, I want to say that you were very brave to stay and face this. Down the road, depending on you, would you feel comfortable talking to Nyota about your feelings?"

Christine shook her head adamantly: "NO! I couldn't face her or THEM! My heart couldn't bear it. Nothing like watching your heart ripped wide open again."

Latoya reached over and grabbed both of Christine's hands to give her support. "I'm here with you. Whenever you feel you can handle this, I'll be there with you. OK?"


McCoy and Robinson had a biweekly review of Christine and her progress:

"How is she doing, Latoya?" McCoy asked, sitting down at his desk and handing her a cup of coffee.

Latoya blew on the hot coffee before sipping it: "Wow, Lennie! This case is deep! Christine has convinced herself she's in love with Mr. Spock."

"I hope you can help her-she's the best head nurse in the Fleet, if you ask me."

"I'll try, Lennie. You keep giving me these hard cases."

"You referring to Boma?"

"Yeah. I can't believe his love interest is Uhura too! Almost a triangle effect-it's weird."

"Uhura is not only smart; she's one of the few women who can pull her weight on the bridge-an all-around woman. The majority of the men are attracted to her. Some are bold, while others admire her from afar. Although she's very beautiful, she's not my type."

"She is one incredible officer."

"How is he doing, by the way? I would like to close his case and give the Captain his report."

"He's making progress; he's a stubborn man though-he mostly suffers from a bruised ego," Robinson said. "But Boma's fascination with her almost destroyed who he is-he didn't see her rejection but quite the opposite. Lennie, he is making progress."

"That's good to hear. I don't think Boma knew Spock's involved with Uhura at time, and I don't want to see the man ruin his career-he's really good in his field."

"Or the fact that Commander Spock is married to Uhura."

"Spock is the best first officer in Starfleet and the best science officer as well-that Vulcan does his job perfectly!"

"Jealous there, Lennie?"

McCoy smirked: "The man who's saved my life umpteen times is my friend and always will be."

"Commander Spock and Nyota Uhura, an unusual match."

"Who can stop love in space-this ship is a Petri dish for its effects."

McCoy sighed deeply and looked at Latoya: "I found out some interesting news when I had dinner with the famous couple."

"What news is that?"

"According to the rumor mill, there was club created by Mr. Spock's admirers, and Christine was their leader."

Latoya was taken aback by the information:

"Really, then that fits right in with Captain Kirk's club as well. You men are ridiculous with the fascination about yourselves."

"Uhura has her own club mind you! Men have claimed her as their girlfriend, fiancée, or spouse! Uhura has a hold on most of the men; she's still breaking their hearts, even more now that she's married."

They both laughed.

"By the way, Lennie, have you dealt with your secret love interest?"

"No. It's a lame duck for now."

"Can you give me a hint?"

McCoy looked slyly at Latoya: "Not worth mentioning now-who knows? Things might look up in the future."

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

The Battle for Spock part 1:Chapters 4 & 5[1]

The Battle for Spock part 1: chapter 1 [2]

The Battle for Spock part 2: Chapter 11 & 12 [4]

The Battle for Spock Part 2: Chapters 16 & 17[3]

The Battle for Spock Part 2: Chapter 31 [6]

The Battle for Spock Part 2: Chapter 32[5]

The Battle for Spock Part 2: Chapter 33[7]

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.