Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000    

Summary: The Enterprise had to take a detour rescue mission, "All Hands on Deck" everybody had a part. Saana finally arrived at Vulcan is met with three of the Vulcan Command Commissioners. The circus media has met its match with a traditional wedding media that respected Saana's request. Now back to Vulcan;

 

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

On Vulcan-Conflict of Interest

Saana stretched as she started her first day on Vulcan. She could still feel the heaviness in her limbs from Vulcan's higher gravity. Saana smiled as she got ready to meet Amanda, dressing in a simple, deep blue loungewear set. She didn't know what Amanda had planned for the day, so she was unsure how to dress.

Her thoughts wandered back to the day before, when she and Amanda had chatted together long into the night, sharing like lost sisters. Saana felt an instant connection to Amanda as a friend. They shared a lot of things in common in regard to choice of and courtship by their spouses. Amanda shared that her family had resented her marriage to Sarek. Saana had been shocked by the age difference between Sarek and Amanda. Saana shared with Amanda that her side of the family had resented the Uhuras. It felt great to engage in "girl talk." And Amanda was thrilled to have someone to talk with about Earthly matters and to be able to make emotional comments on topics.

Then Saana heard a soft knock on her door. She quickly folded her sleepwear and placed it in her dresser. She opened the door and was greeted by her new friend:

"Good morning, Saana. I'm glad you are up."

"Good morning to you too. I slept well, but I feel heavy."

"Sarek informed me that the healer will be here sometime this morning to implant the transponder into your arm. Once that's done, you'll feel a whole lot better."

"Did it take you long to adjust to the differences in gravity and oxygen levels?"

"Yes it did, about two months. Are you ready for breakfast?"

"Yes!"

"Now, it's different from on Earth. Vulcans are vegetarians, and the food is different."

"I'm an anthropologist; I'm used to trying different cultures' cuisines," Saana said with a smile.

"Wow, you are making my day! Come with me, Saana."

Amanda guided Saana downstairs to the breakfast area, where Sarek was preparing the table with trays of fruit, flat bread, and an array of jams and teas. He looked up as the women entered the breakfast area and held up his hand in the ta'al:

"Greetings, Saana."

"Greetings, Sarek."

"Please partake in first meal with my aduna and me. We would be honored."

Amanda guided Saana to a seat and introduced the items on the serving trays:

Indicating the red fruit, Amanda said, "We have fresh gespar, which is grown in the temperate region of Vulcan. It is tangy, sort of like pineapple." Pointing toward the jams, she said, "Sometimes I receive a shipment of Earth jams and bread, which is a treat for me. We have blackberry and strawberry jams, as well as orange marmalade. And we have spice tea, which is sort of like chai tea on Earth, but more intense; Earl Gray; and plomeek tea, which is quite mild."

The three of them ate silently and sipped their tea until they finished and Amanda had cleared the table. Sarek spoke to Saana:

"Healer Shath will arrive at 1100 hours to implant your transponder and check you for any other medical issues."

Amanda returned and added, "Healer Shath is a cousin of Sarek's; he has served us since Spock's birth."

"Thank you. Will the transponder have a life span?"

Sarek answered her: "Yes; Shath will inform you of all the specifications of the device."

Saana then remembered that-in all the excitement of arrival-she had forgotten to discuss something with Sarek and Amanda the day before: "I have some wonderful news about Spock and Nyota. I wanted to share it yesterday, but I got carried away with other things," Saana said, not quite able to stifle a giggle. Amanda laughed softly in return.

The unusual sound of the giggle startled Sarek, and he adjusted his hearing, anticipating that there would be more giggles to come.

"Before I left Earth, I contacted Spock and Nyota and chatted with them for a while."

Amanda jumped from her seat in surprise, and Sarek's eyebrows rose in response to her reaction.

"You did?!" Amanda asked.

"Yes. I got their permission to use one of the vids to accompany the essay I wrote about interspecies diversity and prejudice against interspecies unions, remember?"

"Yes-Yes."

"Forever Love Weddings read my essay on air and broadcast the wedding vid [1]; I want to show you both."

"Oh please, I want to see!" Amanda was practically bouncing her seat, Sarek turned toward her to observe her reaction.

"Do you have a monitor nearby?"

"Yes. Computer, display monitor screen," the excited Amanda commanded, as Sarek tried to regulate his physiological responses to the intense excitement of the Terran women. A monitor emerged from a recess in the wall. Saana commanded the computer to access Forever Love Weddings through her account.

Forever Love Weddings' most recent broadcast appeared onscreen. The monitor showed Michelle Combs speaking directly to the camera:

"Good Evening,

"On behalf of Forever Love Weddings, congratulations to Commander Spock of Vulcan and Lieutenant Nyota Uhura of the United States of Africa, both serving in Starfleet.

"We will be showing a vid from the wedding shortly, but first, I would like to read an essay from Professor Saana Uhura, the mother of the bride. She wanted to respond to the media circus that hounded her halfway across Earth, trespassing on her personal rights and dragging her daughter and her new son-in-law through the mud. Professor Uhura criticized the media's intrusive pursuit of her for information on the couple. She went on to say that in the bigoted and hurtful comments she had seen in the media about the marriage, the Terran people had set themselves back 500 years regarding prejudice. She felt that although we Terrans, as a people, have developed wonderful technology and achieved so much, including reaching out into deep space, we have not been able to put our caveman mentality behind us when it comes to loving those who are different from us. We have survived great tragedies that occurred because of hate, and we should know better than to behave in this manner, knowing our sometimes shameful history. But we let hate back in-just because two people of different species found love in their own way.

"Here are Professor Uhura's thoughts in her own words," Michelle said, before reading Saana's commentary aloud. Saana's essay ended with a plea for respect for the couple's choice to marry.

When it was over, Amanda said, "Oh, Saana! That was-that was beautifully written!" She was thrilled that Saana had made such a moving argument for diversity and respect.

"Indeed, your essay lays out the importance of diversity in a way that dovetails with the teachings of the great Surak, the father of modern Vulcan civilization," Sarek added. "Infinite diversity in infinite combinations-embodied in the IDIC symbol so many Vulcans wear-underpins much of Vulcan philosophy."

Saana asked the computer to play the next vid:

Michelle returned to the screen, along with her assistant, Everett Taylor, to give their commentary on the vid of Spock and Nyota's wedding, which combined Vulcan and Terran aspects, as well as aspects of the ancient and the modern. Michelle and Everett settled on one word to describe it: "Fabulous!"

Amanda gasped; she was so pleased and excited: "That was wonderful, Saana! The coverage was tastefully done."

"And it gets better! Since I left Earth, I've been checking the media reports, and the tone of the conversation about the wedding has shifted to that of the "Wedding of the Century." Now they talk about Nyota and Spock with respect instead of rude comments. Plus, they found out I'm no longer Earth, so they don't have anyone to chase."

"Oh, Sarek! Isn't that wonderful?!"

Sarek continued to wonder why Terrans were so interested in other people's private lives, but he was impressed with how Forever Love Weddings had presented both Saana's essay and the wedding itself. He said:

"It shows that despite our differences we are able to thrive in unity. Your comments on the importance of diversity and tolerance have shed new light on the situation."

Amanda smiled and looked at Saana: "Sarek just said thank you for handling the problem."

"But I continue to find it most puzzling that Terrans indulge in scrutinizing others' lifestyles as a form of entertainment.": stated Sarek.

Both women both laughed softly and agreed with Sarek. He stood to leave for the Vulcan High Command.

"Aduna, I must attend some committee meetings in ShiKahr; I shall return before end meal."

Sarek extended his fingers toward Amanda to say goodbye to his wife and she reciprocated the touch.

"Okay, Sarek. See you then," Amanda replied.

Saana looked at the couple and saw how comfortable they were with each other; she smiled at the possibility of Nyota and Spock becoming so compatible.

"Saana, I trust you and my wife will find activities that will lead to a pleasant day."

"I'm sure we will. Have a good day, Sarek."

He stood up, donned his outer robe, and left for the city.


Amanda and Saana continued talking about the media on Earth and life on Vulcan.

"In the beginning, I found it hard because of the lack stimulating conversation," Amanda said. "You will find that Vulcans don't engage in small talk. They get straight to the point. Also, their lifestyle is very structured, and they pride themselves on self-control. But I have learned to find a happy medium."

Both women giggled.

"I got my first up close and personal experience with Vulcans at the embassy on Earth, so I think I'll get used to it."

"I was afraid to ask: When do you think Spock and Nyota became interested in each other?" Amanda asked.

"Nyota probably mentioned Spock every time she called me. But I have to admit, she downplayed their relationship a lot; she would blend mentions of him with those of other crewmen in our conversations."

"I'm just happy that my son was not alone again."

Saana looked at Amanda quizzically: "Again?"

Amanda thought about it for a moment and decided to hold back the information about Spock's disastrous almost-marriage to T'Pring:

"It's complicated; I'll tell you another time. Let's have tea in my office and I'll show you some vids of the city and where we can go."

Amanda and Saana sat in her office and watched vids of Vulcan landmarks, jotting down places of interest, while they waited for the healer to arrive.

Sometime later, Healer Shath arrived with his medical bag and gave both women the traditional greeting. Shath was older than Sarek and was the chief healer for the entire clan. He stood 6 foot 2 and had a full head of gray hair with a touch of black streaks, cut in the traditional male Vulcan style. He had wide shoulders and a slim waist. To the human eye, he appeared to be in his 60s, but Shath was 135 years old and in his prime.

Shath was impressed by the Terran female's response in Vulcansu.

"T'Amanda, it is an honor to see you again. I express wishes for health and contentment for you and your family. I am here to serve."

"Your service honors our clan, Shath," Amanda said. She turned to Saana: "Healer Shath is a cousin to Sarek and was instrumental in bringing Spock into this world as a healthy infant."

Saana poised herself to make sure she enunciated clearly: "Greetings, Healer Shath. I am pleased to meet you."

"Professor Sa-an-a Uh-ur-a, I seem to have difficulty with your name; my apologies!"

"No worries! I am still struggling with words in Vulcansu. We can learn together perhaps," Saana said, smiling.

Shath raised a brow and looked at Amanda.

"She meant that the two of you can help each other with each other's language."

"Shall we proceed with your exam and implantation of your transponder?" Shath asked.

Saana was sitting on a cushioned chair. Shath pulled out his medical scanner and tricorder and proceeded to take her vital signs. Professor Uhura would be his second human, for medical purposes. After years of attending Sarek's wife and reading human medical journals, Shath was still amazed by Terran physiology.

Saana watched the tall, handsome Vulcan doctor work. She took a deep breath and wished the examination were over.

"When the tri-ox compound was administered to you, Professor Uh-ura, were there any side effects?" Shath asked.

"Yes, I felt tired, and I slept before I was beamed down."

"Did have any other reaction to the injection, such as swelling at the injection site?"

Saana rubbed the area of her arm: "No, I was just tired."

"Based on the information provided, I have calibrated the transponder to monitor your breathing and heartbeat."

Shath turned to Amanda and asked: "How long is Professor Uh-ura's visit on Vulcan?"

Amanda responded: "I don't know at the moment. Professor Uhura is not just a visitor; she is considered part of the S'chn T'gai clan."

"I see. With your permission, I would advise the standard visitor 30-day daily dosage until further notice. Once the length of Professor Uh-ura's visit is confirmed, I should be notified to determine if additional doses need to be administered."

"That would be fine, Shath. We don't know how long," Amanda said. She turned to Saana and smiled: "Maybe you can work here on Vulcan!"

Saana chuckled: "I do have a teaching position at home, and I do miss it."

Amanda folded her arms in front of her chest: "I'm hoping you'll change your mind."

Shath implanted the transponder into her upper arm to help monitor her oxygen levels and heartbeat while on Vulcan, and to release daily doses of tri-ox compound. Shath packed up his medical bag and his Padd.

"Professor Uhura, according to the vital signs registered, you are in good health-for a Terran newly transplanted to Vulcan. If any issues or concerns arise, it is imperative that you contact me as your primary healer. The medication is activated and the dose has been adjusted to your physical needs. Do you have any other questions?"

Saana was stunned and mesmerized by how quickly Shath had gathered her information while continuing to converse in Vulcansu.

"I feel well. Thank you for your service."

"The honor is mine. Congratulations on your admittance to our clan." Shath bowed and left.

As Shath traveled, he thought about the fascinating Terran, mostly focusing on the color of her epidermis. When Shath had been told that Saana was coming to Vulcan, from a scientific perspective, he had been pleased to have the opportunity to observe such skin as hers in person. Although Vulcan skin had a range of shades, and some other species had exotic colors, Terran skin seemed to have a plethora of shades, and Saana's appeared to be particularly rich and pleasing to his Vulcan eye. He had seen vids showing Terrans with various skin tones, but to see her skin in person was a revelation. He had also observed the color and texture of her hair, as well as her exquisite bone structure. "What a fascinating creature. I need to seek knowledge of Terran culture and customs."

He had been equally captivated by her ability to speak Vulcansu, which was impressive and commendable, given the brief time she'd had to learn the alien language. Shath had often wondered what his cousin Sarek saw in his current aduna. She was not Vulcan, yet Sarek was content with their bond. There must something gratifying in the union between a Vulcan with disciplined control of his emotions and a highly emotional Terran female. Their union had stood the test of time.

When Sarek had first announced his marriage to T'Amanda, like many Vulcans, Shath had questioned Sarek's choice. Sarek had explained to Shath that he was living one of Surak's teachings by fully embracing the IDIC and accepting the differences between Vulcans and Terrans. Shath had tried to understand and had thrown his all into the effort to support T'Amanda's pregnancy and make Spock's birth possible. Now, when he looked into Saana's eyes, he saw shine that he found aesthetically pleasing. He placed his hand over his heart, feeling his slightly faster than normal heartbeat; somehow, Saana had stirred something in his thoughts and his body. Shath had been a bachelor for some time. His wife had passed on over 30 years previously. His only daughter was an aide to Ambassador Sern. Shath had only his role as chief healer of the clan and had left the planet only three times, for diplomatic purposes.

"I must analyze these thoughts and meditate to gain clarity," Shath thought, continuing on his journey.


Amanda and Saana took a tour of the capital, and Saana was amazed by the architecture. The buildings were built and designed to mimic the deep reddish-brown cliffs of the surrounding area. One thing she noticed right away was how quiet it was, despite being the largest city on Vulcan. For most of their tour, she heard only the soft shuffling of people's feet and the rustling of their robes. Amanda took her to the historical museums, and Saana was mesmerized by the Vulcan artwork and historical weapons. She pulled out her Padd and copied the recordings of historical events. She loved researching the past, and Vulcan anthropology had just touched her heart

Amanda took Saana to a tea shop for a break. The owner recognized Amanda and quickly set a table and served them.

"Saana, tea here on Vulcan is a mainstay; it serves as an approved social function allowing family and friends to meet, and also as a peace offering during disagreements-when they arise."

"Really? What kind of disputes?"

"Not the kind of disputes they have back on Earth; theirs are all-logical," Amanda said with a quiet chuckle. "I find the majority of Vulcans stubborn, including my son. There's no emotion of any kind during such discussions-just the facts and logic to support their arguments."

"Is your husband like that?"

"Most definitely-from the time I met him, and during our courtship and our entire marriage."

"So there's no compromising?"

"It depends on how it's handled. But I wouldn't trade Sarek for any amount of treasure. He's a real man-truly genuine."

"Wow! Amanda, I must ask: How do you handle women who are attracted to Sarek?"

"That's the thing here, Saana: Vulcans are extremely monogamous; infidelity is not in their thoughts or vocabulary."

"That is wonderful!"

"But not all aspects of Vulcan culture are so wonderful. At first, I was treated as a novelty. They didn't know how to handle 'the emotional female Terran'. I had to earn my place in the midst of prejudice."

"Here too? That is sad to hear," Saana said somberly.

"Vulcans are a very proud race of people, but after all this time, they have adjusted to me." Amanda made finger quotes: "Logic prevails."

Both women started to giggle, but Amanda quickly covered her mouth. Saana followed suit. Amanda reminded herself to control her emotions in public.

Saana continued talking as she sipped her tea: "Amanda, I have to say that Sarek is handsome for a Vulcan."

"Thank you-I know. He's the leader of his clan. Well, is his mother is really. She makes all the decisions for the entire clan, and her word is final. Saana, are you dating anyone?"

Saana was quiet and started fidgeting with her hands: "Yes and no. I met this man in my hometown of Grahamstown. He's a very nice man; he owns a barber shop-an old-fashioned one with blades and shavers. He has quite a following. We did have a couple of outings-friendly, of course." Saana took a deep breath: "Amanda, up until very recently I hadn't dated since I was teenager. I married the only man I dated back then."

Amanda didn't know what to think, but she saw the confusion on Saana's face.

"Oh! So you're not sure if you want to get serious with this man you're seeing?"

"Reuben is a handsome man; he's eligible and kind. We've gone out a couple of times. What do you think?"

"Saana, if you aren't aware, you're a beautiful woman. You are the only one who can decide if you're ready to have another serious relationship."

"I feel weird. I feel like I'm somehow cheating on my husband."

Amanda knew of Saana's husband's death: "Do you believe that is what your husband would have wanted?"

"No. I believe he would want me to live. His family-the Uhuras-thanked me. It was as if they gave me permission to live."

"And you should! Reuben sounds like really nice man-maybe something more-when you are ready."

"Thanks, Amanda, for being my friend. I don't have many girlfriends, just my job."

"I am honored that you shared this with me. I too have no girlfriend to share things with."

"I'm still dealing with other things as well; things are happening so fast." Saana start fanning herself, thinking about Chester.

"You must be tired; we'd better get going. I want to us to have end meal prepared when Sarek gets home."

They gathered themselves to leave, but Saana was reluctant to talk about Chester for some unknown reason. It was at that moment two blue-steel eyes came to her and her heart jumped.

Sarek came home after his long day at the Vulcan High Command and the Vulcan Science Academy, where he was often a guest lecturer. He was greeted by the sounds of female voices. "My home has changed from a Vulcan one to a Terran one in a matter of a day, he thought. More meditation is needed." He quietly went to his bedroom to freshen up before end meal. Sarek finished his grooming and mentally prepared for the assault on his auditory senses. When he reached the eating area, the two women were still conversing; "What do they converse about?" he wondered. Amanda picked up the thought through their marital bond, and she looked up:

"Sarek, you're home! Don't you respond to that!" Amanda said knowingly, as she observed his mouth about to respond, no doubt dismissing her surprise as illogical.

"I wish to ask Saana how she found the tour of ShiKahr," he said, turning to Saana.

Saana was excited to discuss her day trip: "Sarek, I had a wonderful time exploring and visiting the museums."

"I am pleased that you enjoyed your outing in our capital."

"I am delighted that you're home, Sarek. End meal is ready," Amanda said.

They sat ate end meal in silence. A servant came to clear the table, and they remained as tea was served. As they were drinking their tea, Sarek gave them the news about the Enterprise:

"I have a message from the Vulcan High Command. It appears that the Enterprise has been deployed on a rescue mission."

Amanda looked alarmed and disappointed: "Is it serious?"

"Do you know how long it will take?" Saana asked.

"Starfleet informed the Vulcan High Command only that the mission warranted the services of the Enterprise."

"Will it interfere with the reception?" Amanda asked, looking worried.

"Unknown, Aduna. Once more information has been provided, I will give you the details."

"Rats!" Amanda said, tossing her napkin onto the table. "I hope the mission isn't dangerous!"

"Spock has maintained his safety in Starfleet for twenty-two years since his departure from Vulcan, Amanda. It is illogical to think he is in any more jeopardy now."

Amanda folded her arms and gave Sarek her knowing look, saying sarcastically: "Logic strikes again!"

Saana covered her mouth to stifle a giggle: "I hope they are safe and will be able to come to Vulcan as soon as possible."

Then the comm unit beeped and announced that Healer Shath was waiting to be heard. Sarek answered it: "Computer, present Healer Shath." The monitor emerged from its recess in the wall, and Shath's image appeared. Sarek and Shath gave the standard greetings:

"Good evening, Ambassador Sarek."

"Greetings, Healer Shath. How can I be of service?"

"This is a follow-up on the implantation of Professor Uhura's transponder."

"Professor Uhura is present; you may address her directly," Sarek said, looking toward Saana.

The monitor and camera turned to Saana:

"Good evening, Healer Shath. I have no side effects from the implant; it seems to be working well."

"I am pleased that the medication has served you appropriately. I will take my leave and wish you a pleasant evening," Shath said, before fading from the monitor.

Saana smiled at the thought: "I didn't know that healers do home follow-ups. I like that!"

Sarek arched a brow: "Indeed, personal inquiry is rare but welcomed when needed, Saana."

"She was out all day at the museums and shopping," Amanda said, but her curiosity was piqued by Shath's call.

Saana felt uncomfortable and directed the inquiry back to their children: "Excuse me, Sarek and Amanda. Can we get back to Spock and Nyota? Do you think the rescue mission is serious?"

"Unknown. It was a courtesy to notify us of their delay. Usually information on the travels and missions of Federation starships is given only on a need-to-know basis."

"I was just starting to like Starfleet, and now Nyota is delayed. Starfleet strikes again!" Saana thought to herself. "I shouldn't feel this way. I thought I was making progress in my feelings about Starfleet.'"

After the tea and cleanup, they went to their respective bedrooms. Saana used her comm unit to contact Reuben and was greeted with the sight of a very happy man. Reuben was excited to see her, and the fact that she had reached out to him gave him hope:

"Saana! Are you okay? How long will you be gone? I miss you!"

Saana laughed at the rapid-fire questions: "Slow down, Reuben! I'm okay. It's my second day on the planet."

"Sorry I didn't get a chance to say good-bye; I even went to the Vulcan Embassy to see you off!"

Saana was shocked by the statement: "You were there?"

"Yes, I just missed you-I wanted to support you."

"Oh, Reuben! Thank you! I'm sorry that I missed you. Everything happened so quickly, I barely had time to pack."

"Well, you look well-and I miss you!"

Saana felt warm inside: "Thanks, Reuben."

"I saw the presentation on Forever Love Weddings where they read the statement you wrote about your daughter's marriage. It's great that many took to heart what you said about prejudice in our society."

"I had to do something! They were badgering me for information I didn't really have."

"I...wish I had been there to support you, Saana."

"You are now, and I am grateful for it!"

Reuben took a deep breath and prepared his next words: "Saana, I know we haven't been seeing each other long-I was wondering if you and I could become more than friends."

Saana was taken aback at his request and wanted to proceed carefully to avoid hurting him: "Reuben, we are just getting to know each other. To be honest, I have a lot on my plate with my daughter and everything-and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm still dealing with conflicting feelings in regard to my husband."

"Okay, I don't want to rush you. I think you are a phenomenal woman!"

"And I think you are a wonderful man."

They smiled at each other. Reuben had done his best and now could only hope that Saana would consider him as a potential partner.

"How do you like it on Vulcan?"

"It's much warmer, and the gravity makes you feel much heavier," Saana said, chuckling.

"Sounds like the Sahara."

"Almost; the planet is more red, and it has two suns. Plus everyone here has been very nice to me. Now I'm just waiting to see my daughter-I can hardly wait!"

"I'm happy for you, and I hope to have the pleasure one day of meeting your daughter, Saana."

Saana smiled at the thought: "I'd better get going. I had a long day, and the medication kind of drained me."

"When can we speak again?"

"I'll do my best, Reuben. Let's see how things go once the reception is over."

"Good night, Saana."

"Good night, Reuben."

Saana ended the transmission. She got ready for bed while replaying their conversation. "I hope I didn't lead him on; I would feel really bad about that," she sighed deeply and flopped on her bed. Her thoughts drifted toward Chester. What he had done for her-discovering that Kayode was a hero and giving her the disk where the survivors thanked and praised him. [2] All of that had started the process of healing the damage her feelings about Starfleet had done to her-and to her relationship with Nyota. The way Chester made her feel when she gazed into his steel-blue eyes was no small matter either. Not since Kayode had a man touched her so. "I have a lot to learn about dating; I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to hurt anyone."

But at that moment, a tall, lean Vulcan with eagle eyes invaded her thoughts.

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:The Battle for Spock part 3 chapter 18 [1]

A/N: [2] The Battle for Spock, part 3, chapter 15.

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.