Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: SilverMoonfire

Summary: Saana almost got married! It seems she is attracting men all over the quadrant. Her wait is almost over to see Spock and Nyota in person when they arrive on Vulcan. Eve's clothing designs from the wedding are recognized around the quadrant and Eve asked Nyota to be her living muse. Spock presented Nyota with the family clan robe and made his declaration of love and commitment.See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

From All of Vulcan, "Welcome!"

Spock and Nyota snuggled together for the last time on the Enterprise, things would be different now. It's a new challenge now that Spock is back home. There were speculations of what their reception on Vulcan would be. He was considered a wayward Vulcan without a home, including Earth. He was a novelty because of his mixed heritage and many wondered if he was truly Vulcan. Yet Spock and his father had brought prestige and respect to the planet of Vulcan. Spock wondered: would there be some form of reckoning or would there be fanfare when he arrived? He only remembers the rejection and pain of his youth and his kal'i'fee as an adult. That almost solidified his life of loneliness, until her. The woman lying next to him softly breathing, giving him life. A second life. Spock pulls her closer to his naked body and regulates himself for her comfort. Nyota softly moans into his heat. Soon they would perform their last duties before they left and walked together on Vulcan as man and wife before his clan and people.


The shift started like any others, breakfast with the crew followed by reporting for duty. Kirk, Spock, Sulu, Chekov, Masters, and Uhura filled the turbolift to the bridge. While Scotty headed toward engineering. The alpha shift relieved the delta and check-in and safety procedures started.

"Captain, all departments have reported in and all computer systems are nominal," Spock said from his station holding his duty roster.

"Thank you, Spock."

Sulu turned to the Captain. "Maintaining course to the planet Vulcan estimated arrival time in 1 hr and 30 minutes."

Kirk turned to Spock and smiled. "Almost home Mr. Spock."

"Indeed."

Kirk softly chuckled at his long-time friend. But butterflies were stirring in Nyota's stomach. She took her earpiece out and breathed deeply. She was going to Vulcan to meet her in-laws.

"Be at peace, my wife, all things happened at the appropriate time. You are a part of me as I am a part of you."

"Thank you, my adun."

Nyota went back to work, checking Starfleet for the latest messages. Logging in the latest codes if they need to be changed or adjusted. Spock glanced at his wife and knew that there was no concern on her part, it's him. Spock went back to work and waited for Vulcan to come into view in 1 hour and 25 minutes.

"Lt. Uhura, let the Potemkin be aware of our vicinity to Vulcan and pipe in Captain Morgan. I need a morning laugh."

The bridge crew laughed at the captain's banter.


One hour and twenty-five minutes later:

"Vulcan dead ahead in 3 minutes Captain!" reported Chekov.

"Lt. Uhura, let them know we're here."

"Yes, Sir. Hailing Vulcan Space Central."

Nyota's hands glided across her console. Spock closed his station and moved across the bridge, crossing in front of his wife, and faced the larger viewing screen. He relaxed his shoulders, clasped his hands behind his back, and waited. Spock saw his home planet become larger by the second, filling the viewing screen, two stars glowing brightly. The deep red planet stood out among the other gas planets in their orbits.

Uhura turned to the captain. "I have them, Sir." She switched the channel to an open speaker.

"USS Enterprise and USS Potemkin, permission granted to orbit Vulcan. Proceed."

Kirk turned in his chair to Spock with a smile. "Well, Prince Spock, we have finally arrived!"

Spock just arched one of his brows at him, while the bridge crew again softly chuckled at the statement.

Kirk continued, "I completed my mission; I've gotten Uhura and you safely here."

"I am not a prince," replied Spock to the previous statement.

As if on cue, the bridge crew turned to him and said in unison, "According to Starfleet you are!" and another round of laughing sounded out.

While both starships positioned themselves in orbit around Vulcan, Uhura received an open channel for visual communications.

"Captain Kirk, I have Commander Anauk from Vulcan Space Central."

A hard-line Vulcan in a black uniform appeared on the main viewer with his ta'al salute and Kirk stood up from his command chair, attempting to return the greeting without success and quickly put his hand down.

"Greetings, I'm Captain Kirk from the USS Enterprise.

"Captain, your ship is well received and from all of Vulcan, welcome. Is Commander Spock present?"

Spock stepped forward with his ta'al salute. "Dif-tor-heh smusma." [Live long and prosper]

Commander Anauk returned the salute with a slight tilt of his head. "Sochya eh dif [ Peace and long life] S'haile Spock, son of Sarek. Your presence honors all of Vulcan."

Spock at that very moment felt redemption and acceptance.

The entire bridge crew sat quietly and observed the transaction in front of them.

"S'haile Spock, has your bondmate accompanied you?"

"Yes." He turned his head to Uhura, at that moment she stood up and slowly stepped next to Spock and gave her two fingers to him.

Commander Anauk watched the Terran female come into view observing her skin tone first and then her eyes. He acknowledged the wife of S'haile Spock was indeed exotic and with a bow introduced himself.

"Welcome S'chn-T-gai Uhura Nyota, to Vulcan. I am Commander Anauk. May your stay on Vulcan be a pleasant one."

When Uhura spoke it surprised Anauk, even more, when she responded in Vulcan: [Nemaiyo na' ish-veh na'shaya] "Thank you for your salutations."

Commander Anauk continued to give information. "S'haile Spock, a small delegation will be present when you arrive. Your presence is essential to them."

"Indeed." With a raised brow, Spock surmised the warning.

[Etek nam-tor la' tor dvin-tor. ] "We are here to serve."

Commander Anauk glanced back at Spock. [Vu dvin dor etwel] "Your service honors sus."

Spock responded: [Etek dungi lasha rehkuh wadan na' wuh babivau shi] "We will arrive in three hours at the designated location."

Commander Anauk held up his hand to salute. "Dif-tor-heh smusma S'haile Spock" [Peace and long life Lord Spock]

"Sochya ed dif Commander Anauk." replied Spock.

Commander Anauk turned and addressed Captain Kirk, "Captain Kirk, her High Matriarch T'Pau of the S'chn T'gai clan has requested that you and the Healer McCoy be present for end-meal at 1800 hours."

"With forgiveness, Commander, I do have another rendezvous with Starfleet."

"All destinations have been averted by her request through Starfleet Command. They are aware of your situation and provided consent. Peace and long life, Captain."

Then the main viewer faded from view.

" Well, that's just great!"

Kirk was shaking his head in disbelief. Like he wanted to go back to Vulcan? "I thought I did my job by getting Spock here, and now this?"

Kirk turned to the couple and tossed his hands up. "Well, I have been requested to have dinner with your grandmother Spock! I wonder what I did to deserve this honor? Any ideas, Spock?"

Spock's brow shot up. "Unknown Captain, the last time I communicated with my father, he failed to mention the intentions of T'Pau."

Kirk gave a deep sigh, "Well, if I'm going to be killed, at least I won't be alone!"

"Captain, my grandmother would not kill without provocation."

Kirk's eyes widen and try to imagine that little ole lady in hand-to-hand combat. "She probably will kill me without lifting her cane."

"Spock and Uhura, as of this moment you have fulfilled your duties and been released. Please enjoy your stay and give my greetings to your parents, Spock, and your mother, Uhura."

Spock looked down at his wife and she gave a gentle smile before heading to take the turbolift to their quarters. Lt. Palmer took her station at communications when they left. As soon as she sat down, a message from the Potemkin piped in.

"Captain Kirk, Captain Morgan to speak to with you, Sir,"

"Put him on the viewer, Lieutenant."

Morgan's face appeared on the main viewer again, with a laughing face.

"Well Kirk, I did my job for Starfleet and love. I got you here with no detours."

"How long are you staying, Morgan?"

"Just an hour or two, we already received our orders for the next mission. I can't believe you have it so easy, Kirk. You amaze me."

"Really, Morgan, really. Shuttling dignitaries is easy?"

Morgan gave a hearty laugh, "I'm glad it's you instead of us. Give my regards to the lovebirds, Godspeed Kirk."

"You too and thanks for the escort."

"Not at all, my crew needed the break from tours, so you did us a favor. Farewell Enterprise."

Morgan faded from the main viewer.

Kirk sat in his command chair for a few minutes and entertained the idea that T'Pau requested him for dinner. Then a smile formed on his face, Bones would have to come too. "It is going to be fun to see his reaction."

Kirk addressed Sulu and Chekov, "Gentlemen, maintain orbit and keep me informed of any changes from Starfleet."

He got out of his chair, "If I'm needed, I'll be in sickbay with Dr. McCoy." He rode the turbolift with the same sneaky smile and thought of ways to make the news of dinner twisted for Bones. He exited the turbolift and headed to the main sickbay, meeting Bones in the entryway. McCoy looked up at Jim and smiled at him.

"Hi, Jim. I've heard we are circling Vulcan. Spock and Uhura must be really happy. It took almost 3 ½ weeks to get here!"

McCoy saw the mischievous face of his friend. "What? What's wrong? Something happen to Uhura?"

Kirk gave his signature smirk. "Oh! No, no nothing's wrong, those two are off getting ready to beam down to Vulcan."

"Okay then, that's good. How long are we staying?" Bones picked up a Padd and headed to his office for filing, with Jim following behind him and answering him whimsically.

"Oh, maybe for a day or two."

Bones turned to look at him. "What? I thought we were just dropping them off and heading for Starfleet Command?"

Smiling even harder. "We were until there was a change of plans," folding his arms in front of him.

Bones was becoming annoyed with the back and forth of statements and questions. "What is the change of plans, Jim?"

"Finally I've got'em where I wanted him," Kirk thought. "Well, it seems you and I have been invited dinner... with none other than T'Pau!"

Bones' face dropped, with his Padd hitting the floor. He gave Jim a 'you're kidding' look, and then stumbled to the nearest biobed and sat down, swiveling his legs onto the bed and laying down. McCoy closed his eyes and repeated in his mind what Kirk had just said: "She wants a dinner-she wants a dinner." He took a deep breath. "Just tell my daughter that I loved her very much."

Kirk stood next to him by the bed and looked down at him and laughed. "I don't think it will be that bad."

"I have a headache. -DAMN YOU, JIM WILL YOU STOP LAUGHING!"

"Uhm, Bones are you alright?" Jim said as he continued laughing.

Bones opened his eyes and glared at his long-time friend.

"T'Pau is going to eliminate me for what happened several years ago, what with how I tricked her and you're LAUGHING, LITERALLY LAUGHING AT ME!"

Kirk said jovially, "Bones, I don't think she's going to hang that over our heads. She could have asked for our heads from Starfleet."

He closed his eyes again and covered them with his arm, "How do you know? She would have planned it with Spock coming back home."

The sickbay doors whooshed opened and Christine entered the sickbay recovery area where Kirk and McCoy were. She stopped at the entrance to see McCoy laying on the biobed and the Captain standing next to him. She became concerned for McCoy.

"Dr. McCoy, are you alright?"

Kirk turned to see Christine giving McCoy a concerned look and smiled. "Oh, hi Nurse. McCoy is fine, he is just recovering from the interesting news."

She took a deep breath and said, "It must have been some news."

Kirk chuckled again and looked at McCoy as he made another sound of disgust. Then Kirk gave his attention back to Nurse Chapel and decided to talk to her in private.

"Nurse, mind if we talk in McCoy's office for a few minutes?"

Christine gave a concerned look at her commander. "Yes, Sir."

They both left McCoy in his misery, entered his office and closed the door. Kirk looked at the woman who had been through a lot in these last several months.

"How are you doing?"

She looked at Kirk. "I'm surviving, Sir, I want to get back to work."

"We're all looking forward to having you back in sickbay, but I want to know, how are you doing in regards to your feelings about Mr. Spock?"

Kirk got to the point and she felt embarrassed that he knew of her situation. She stood up straight and answered him.

"I'm in the process of recovering, Sir. Dr. Robinson said I am making progress and the swimming therapy helps me relax and reflect."

Kirk respected her honesty and gently touched her arm, knowing it took bravery to acknowledge her struggles.

"That is good to hear. It was recommended that you need a leave of absence and it is granted once we reach Earth. I want you to take your time and reflect on your feelings. Dr. McCoy keeps telling me that you're his best Head Nurse and he doesn't want to lose you. So your recovery is needed, Chapel."

Christine's head tilted to the floor, her captain was concerned about her welfare and recovery. "Thank you, Captain. I will try, Sir."

Kirk gave her a sincere smile. "Carry on, nurse."

Christine left sickbay, forgetting why she was there, but knowing that she needed time. Time to adjust to the changes, to mourn a loss, that is what she needed to deal with the situation. Plus she still had to address Nyota about Spock too. She took a slow walk back to her quarters and got ready for another long swim.

Meanwhile, back in sickbay, Kirk went back to the recovery room to find McCoy in a state and formed another smile. He decided to stop teasing, but it was fun to watch Bones squirm.

"Come on, Bones, let's have a drink. It's on me." Kirk paused and started to see Bones move at the thought and then added with a smile, "Before we die."

McCoy removed his arm from his eyes and snapped them open into a deep glare at Jim.

"Shut up!"

Kirk broke out in another round of laughing.

"Come on, Bones, we'll face her together."

McCoy sat up and swiveled his legs. "I wish you were kidding about T'Pau seeing us."

Kirk shook his head no. McCoy stood up and stretched his arms. "Okay, I'm ready. At least I'll be toasted when they execute me."

Both men left sickbay together for Kirk's quarters.


Meanwhile, a couple prepared for departure.

Nyota came out of the shower, drying off her body, while Spock finished packing their duffle bags. He was already dressed in the family clan robes and tunic, patiently waiting for his wife. As Nyota dressed in her Vulcan robe, she voiced a concern about what Commander Anauk had said.

"Ashayam, what did the commander mean when he mentioned a small delegation?"

He turned to her and stepped forward to assist her with her tunic, making sure the creases in the folds were placed correctly.

"He was warning us that someone, or some group, will be at the landing site with Sarek."

"Is there a cause for concern?" As Spock held the pressed robe to let her arms slide in.

"I informed you a few days before of their intentions. I have become an enigma to much of Vulcan."

Spock went to his dresser drawer and pulled out his wedding band,placing it on his ring finger.

"Wow, they couldn't wait until we see our family before they attack you?"

"They are making their presence known. That they are interested in my well-being."

Nyota laughed sarcastically. "Yeah, right."

Spock led her to the chaise and they both sat.

"It is important that your emotions are curbed. They will attempt to expose your inadequacies and compatibility to me, which will meet with grave disappointment to them."

"I can't help how I feel about you, Spock. You are my husband and bondmate. I get defensive and possessive."

"That, my wife, you must control. Do you need assistance?"

"How?"

"I can give you a mind meld to secure your thoughts."

Nyota sat there for a moment, she didn't want to jeopardize their marriage if she said something offensive or misunderstood. It was better to be like-minded.

"Okay, let's do it."

Spock looked into her eyes and his hand brushed up against her cheek. "Nyota, unknowingly, you have developed the ability to do this yourself."

"I have?"

"I sense it in our bond. You have grown, unaware as it seems."

"Will you teach me?"

"In time. You must continue to practice filtering out things as part of your meditation."

"My mind still wanders when I try to meditate."

"I shall assist you. We can substitute one of our training exercises."

At first, Nyota didn't want to do that. She needed the skill in case... she stopped the thought before Spock could pick it up.

"I don't want to do that, but for my mind's sake, okay."

Spock touched Nyota's psi points and they both closed their eyes to center their thoughts as he chanted:

"Your mind to my mind, your thoughts to my thoughts. Your mind will be logic, you will speak logic, logic is the root to all knowledge and understanding."

Nyota felt her husband enter her consciousness and start wrapping up her wandering thoughts, the teachings of Surak gradually faded into her thoughts.


At the same time on the lower decks, Eve was able to make contact with "Forever Love Agency". Everett received her comm-link.

"Everett Taylor speaking, how can I help you?"

There was a pause from Eve's end.

"Hello?"

"Hi, my name is Evelyn Brody from the USS Enterprise."

"I don't know you or we don't know Evelyn Brody. Who are you?"

"I designed Nyota Uhura's wedding dress."

Now Everett paused, then he started breathing heavily.

"YOU.. you... you did that dress!?" Everett started fanning himself.

"Yes, I did. It's an original."

"I... I'm in love with you girl, that dress was fabulous, I mean fab-ul-ous! With a snap and twist!"

"Okay, uhm thank you?"

"We want you, we need you to showcase more of your fashion. Hold on, I need to get Michelle!"

Everett paged Michelle, telling her that the designer was on a comm-link. Michelle came running into the office where Everett was.

Eve continued, "I saw your message, that you wanted to contact me. Right now I'm in deep space on a mission."

"You work on a starship? You're in Starfleet?"

"Well, yes. I'm the historian/wardrobe department technician. I design and fabricate costumes for away missions for the crew to blend in."

"Did you design the Maid of Honor dress, too?" Michelle asked

"Yes."

"Have you done anything else? I mean, how did you get out in space with all that talent?" asked Everett.

"The thing is that competition for designing is fierce and I didn't have credits or sponsors to do it on my own. So I joined Starfleet with my degree."

Everett looked at Michelle about that statement. "That makes sense."

Michelle then asked, "Are you going to the wedding reception?"

"Well, the ship is scheduled for the reception. I don't know about the crew? But I will be on Earth soon. Our ship is scheduled to arrive there."

"You're coming here?"

"Yes."

"Can you bring some samples of your designs? We want to offer you a contract to work for us."

"Really? Uhm, exclusive?"

"Your name, your credits," Michelle added.

"Let me think about it, I can give you some designs to work with. I am currently working on Nyota's and her mom's designs."

"What!? Are they going to wear them on Vulcan?"

"As far as I know, yes!"

"I've asked Nyota if they could be my living muses, modeling my line of clothes, while they are staying on Vulcan. I can ask them if I can share a live vid the event."

Michelle and Everett saw stars, credits and exclusive rights to the wedding reception. They started to breathe heavily, holding each other's arms.

"Please, contact us soon as you get to Earth."

"I'll try."

"Thank you so much, Evelyn. We give exclusive rights to your own designs, wedding, and after wedding outfits, if you come work for us." stated Michelle

"Girl, I just love you! Just name your price!" swooned Everett.

"Oh...kay. I'll get back to you or see you when I arrive."

Michelle laughed at the banter between Everett and Evelyn. "That will be fine, don't mind Everett, he's just excited. He really likes your wedding dress."

"Ok, see you guys later."

Everett and Michelle said at the same time, "Bye Evelyn."

The comm-link closed and both of them stared at each other and started screaming and dancing again. Now they might have a live event of the wedding reception from the designer.


Meanwhile, Spock and Nyota were walking to the transporter room. Spock was carrying one large duffle bag with two harp cases, while two male yeomen were carrying two others. He held them with ease, while the yeomen struggled with theirs. Nyota walked with a stoic face, pacing him stride for stride, their robes flowing as though they were gliding. You could hear the yeomen in their standard boots clapping on the floor, but Spock and Nyota had soft leather boots that were silent. They entered the room, Spock placed his bag on a transporter pad and the two yeomen placed theirs on another transporter pad. Spock stepped down to escort his wife with his two fingers, which she touched as she went onto the pad. Spock turned to the two yeomen.

"Thank you for your service, Yeoman Rues and Turner."

"No problem, Mr. Spock, have a safe journey, sir," said Turner.

Spock bowed his head and went to step on the transporter pad next to his wife. Lt. Kyle looked at his commander and waited for his signal. With a slight bow of his head, Lt. Kyle beamed them down with the coordinates that were provided from Vulcan Space Central.

A moment later, the Vulcan couple materialized at the Vulcan Central check-in point. The traditional salute was given by Commander Anauk who came from behind the console.

"Welcome to Vulcan, Commander Spock and bondmate Uhura."

Spock and Nyota bowed their heads in respect and returned the ta'al. Uhura felt the gravity change right away. Spock quickly stepped over and held her up by her elbow to keep her balanced.

"S'haile! Does your bondmate need the assistance of a healer?"

"No, her body is adjusting to the change of our gravitational atmosphere."

"Then we are honored with your presence and may it be a pleasant one." stated Commander Anauk.

Commander Anauk escorted them to the receiving area where Spock saw his father with three other Vulcans. He surmised one was from the Science Academy by his apparel and the other two were commissioners.

Nyota took note of the unknown guests and said quietly, "How nice, a welcoming committee."

Spock wanted to smirk, but just one brow lifted as they walked towards the group, opening the family bond to his father.

"Yes, they are here to observe you," flashed in the couple's bond. "Understood."

Nyota observed the three older Vulcans staring at her as she walked in the family clan's robe. She kept her pace behind Spock as he had instructed, Nyota was not offended. In some former Earth cultures, women walked behind their husbands, even other interplanetary species did as well. She was proud of her husband. They finally stopped at the group and Spock raised his hand to greet them.

"Live long and prosper." Spock addressed his father first.

" Peace and long life, Spock." Sarek said, holding up his ta'al hand. He turned slightly and introduced the other Vulcans. "You have guests who wanted to meet you on your arrival."

The first Vulcan stepped forward.

"Live long and prosper, Commander Spock. I am Healer Tekav from the Vulcan Science Division." He held up his ta'al in greeting. "I am here to inquire about your mental capacity and health."

Spock's brow dipped in reflection of the anger within. He and his family were already being insulted by the Science Division. Pouncing on him about his telepathic abilities, before having even left Vulcan Central. Ignoring his wife was the an egregious offense, then this. Spock wanted to strike out at the Healer. But one of the commissioners, a female, stepped forth to save the scene.

"Healer Tekav, we should continue with introductions which are proper to our ways. Commander Spock and his bondmate are here on Vulcan for their wedding reception. Live long and prosper, Commander Spock, son of Sarek. I am T'Dess from Vulcan High Command, I trust your journey was not tiresome." As she held up her ta'al hand as a sign of respect.

Spock diverted his deep stare from Healer Tekav to T'Dess and reset himself. "Our journey was adequate."

The next commissioner was a male Vulcan.

"Greetings Commander Spock. I am Commissioner Sudoc. We have been waiting for your arrival." He, too, gave the traditional salute.

Spock turned with his two fingers ready and Nyota stepped forth and touched his fingers with hers. "She who is my wife, S'chn T'gai Uhura Nyota."

Nyota stepped forth and stood next to Spock. She had heard and understood everything they said and she felt Spock's disgust with the Healer that pounced on him. With that in mind, she spoke in High Vulcan which is difficult to use.

"Greetings members of Vulcan and my father of Spock." [Na'shaya kisau t' vuhlkansu heh t'nash-veh sa-mekh t' Spock]

What the three Vulcans heard, and thought, made their brows rise and their eyes blink in shock. First, they were observing her skin tone, totally different from them and other species. That was the only thing about humans that interested them were the different skin tones. But their DNA they considered inferior. They were speechless and had trouble translating what she had said.

Before any other could speak, Sarek interjected to avoid more questioning. He held up his hand:

"This is not the place or time to inquire about linguistic or medical concerns. It is T'Pau who insists on their presence at this moment."

T'Dess spoke first, "My apology, S'haile Sarek and Spock. I also extend my apologies to Lady Uhura." bowing her head. "I am impressed, Lady Uhura, with your introductions. Your Vulcansu is precise."

The other two men also bowed their heads, but they felt disrespected and almost insulted that the human female was well versed in their language. Plus, knowing that T'Pau's request superseded their interests had stumped them.

Sarek led his son and Nyota out of the receiving area to a nearby hover car. Now that the urgency is clear, Sarek must hurry to get them to T'Pau before more could attempt to interfere.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.