Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: SilverMoonfire


Summary: The S'chn T'gai men had their male bonding experience, Shath is still in love with Saana. Now let's find discover what the women did while the men conversed.

 

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Family Time of Bonding and Torn Relationships: part 2

A Mother's Heart:

When Sarek informed Amanda that he would make amends with Spock, after years of long thinking, debating and denying the truth of what was in front of him, Amanda smiled. Sarek would finally have that long talk with his son, she was so proud that the man she married was taking such a huge step. Now, with the reception just two days away, the time to heal the father and son relationship had finally arrived. He revealed they would do an overnight camping trip near the forge and also invited Shath. He too needed to clear his mind or get a better grip of his attraction to Professor Uhura.

Amanda woke up in a good mood and decided to have girl time with Saana and Nyota. After Sarek had his breakfast, he left the three women drinking tea while he went to ask his son out. The moment he left the breakfast area, Amanda changed the subject:

"Ladies, the men will be going out for the day to spend some time together and bond."

Nyota and Saana shared a puzzled look.

"Ladies, we have the whole estate to ourselves to do girl bonding." Amanda said as she clapped her hands together and smiled.

Saana looked at Amanda and asked, "So, your husband had to leave for us?"

Amanda placed her cup down and smiled again.

"Oh no, you see Sarek and Spock have had this feud going on for almost twenty years. Sarek is taking Spock out camping to talk things out."

Nyota, knowing about the feud for sometime, thought it was a great idea and a smile formed on her face."Really? That's wonderful!"

Saana, looking between both of them, asked, "Feud?"

"Yes, a feud, a senseless one too. You see Vulcanian are proud, stubborn people underneath all that thick logic. Sarek has never cordially acknowledged Spock since he joined Starfleet. It has kept them from talking as father and son for almost twenty years."

Saana looked confused and shocked.

"You see Saana, Spock was supposed to follow Sarek's footsteps and join the Vulcan Science Academy, as his forefathers had, as part of the Vulcan Way of living. Spock struggled with his heritage, the elders and others would spitefully remind him of it, testing his responses. So, he took all his scientific knowledge and went to Starfleet Academy. Sarek was not happy, they argued for days. They debated. When Spock left for Starfleet, Sarek stopped talking to him. There was a chain of events that happened that slowly started to affect Sarek's way of thinking about Spock's choices. The Intrepid Incident was the nail in the coffin."

Saana asked, "Why is that?"

"How would all those lost katras return home without Spock being at the right place at the right time? All of that wouldn't have happened if Spock wasn't in Starfleet."

Amanda batted her eyes at Nyota and said, " He wouldn't have found the love of his life, if it wasn't for Starfleet."

Nyota sat straight up and giggled, "You got that right!"

Out of nowhere tears flooded Sanaa's eyes to fall down her cheeks, Nyota got up and hugged her mother. Amanda handed her a napkin.

"Momma what's wrong?"

"I... I did the same thing to you, my child. I was mad at Starfleet too. Nyota I hope that you forgive me for doing that to you. I made you choose me or Starfleet, I had no right. I know I asked you before, but Amanda's story made me realize what I could have lost you if I didn't make up with you."

"It's okay momma we're past that now, and living for today." Nyota kissed her mother on the cheek.

"I love you Nyota, and want nothing but the best for you."

"I love you momma."

Amanda just stared at the pair, and knew things were getting better for the clan. Saana tapped Nyota's arm.

Saana patted Nyota's arm. "Come child, we're ignoring our hostess!"

"Nonsense, I've never had such joy seeing people hashing out their issues. Do you know that you two are the only Terran's that have stayed for any length of time in my home? I mean, I entertained diplomats once in a while here, but mostly I traveled with Sarek. My family wasn't overjoyed that I married Sarek, they practically disowned me too, but now I have a family. It was the birth of Spock that changed some of their minds."

Saana looked at her. "Thank you Amanda."

"So ladies, let this party start while the men are out of the house," smiled Amanda putting her tea cup down.

The women laughed.

Saana grabbed her padd and opened the monitor.

"Now that that is cleared up, Nyota, I have something to share with you. I shared these with Amanda on my first day here."

The monitor revealed the letter Saana had written to "Forever Lasting Love Agency" and their response.

"I want to show you that the world media is singing a different tune about your marriage."

Saana then projected the broadcast for the three of them to watch it together. Nyota had been shocked by the negativity her mother had informed her of. From being harassed at her own work, to living at the Vulcan embassy where she was still harassed, and now to admiration. The people of Earth wanted to know more about her and Spock's love story.

"Mom, what you said was beautiful, it incorporated all our cultures. Thank you."

"Not a problem, I had help from Sarek and Amanda. We all agreed that this was nonsense and not even necessary. Who would do that?"

"Thank you."

"But now, Michelle Combs wants to know who designed your dress?"

Amanda clapped her hands, "Oh yes, Nyota, who did it?"

Nyota looked at them and smiled, "You won't believe me, the quartermaster on the ship, did it."

"Quartermaster?" both responded at the same time.

"Her name is Evelyn Brody, she creates costumes if the ship needs clothes on missions. Mostly to blend into certain societies. I wish you could see her work from one mission where Spock and Kirk had dressed up from the 20th century, around the 1960's. Spock wore this suit that made him look so sexy and hot!"[1]

Nyota was swooning as she spoke. " She has some clothes for you both to choose from her collection for the wedding reception."

Saana and Amanda had a shocked look and smiled. "She does? I'm excited because I kind of promised them a first look from your friend."

Then Saana turned to Amanda, " They would like to do a live-vid reception if Vulcan approves Amanda."

She responded, "I don't see why not, I'm the wife of an ambassador and the S'haile's wife. I think I have some clout!"

The three of them laughed, then Amanda asked, "When and how do we see these exquisite dresses?"

"Let me have your padd mom and I can project them." Saana handed over her padd to Nyota and she typed in her access.

Amanda looked at Saana with excitement. "Wow, I can hardly wait, I haven't had a designer dress in ages!"

"I haven't had a designer outfit at ALL!" stated Saana.

Both women leaned against each other and laughed. Amanda looked at her and whispered. "Are you going to tell Nyota about your... men?"

Saana gave a shocked look and felt the blood rush to her face. "Amanda, heavens no, Nyota has enough on her plate. I'm focusing on her and Spock, this is their time."

Amanda winked at Saana and said, "Well, just letting you know that Vulcan males have this thing where they attach themselves to the woman of their choice."

"But Shath and I have an understanding..."

Amanda shook her head, looking at her: "Saana regardless, you are fair game."

"Amanda, no please." shaking her head at the idea of Shath pursuing her.

Nyota typed in her codes and an array of clothing projected, aweing the two women.

"Eve likes to design evening outfits, she made this split pants set for me. I like the flow of the fabric."

"I love it," Amanda clapped and pointed. "I usually wear a pasha top with slip dresses or pant suits. But this I would wear."

"Oh darling, this is wonderful, and so daring and youthful." commented Saana.

"Oh mother, you would look good in anything."

Amanda looked at Saana, amazed by her modesty, and smiled mischievously. "Saana, I think you must not have looked in the mirror lately. You are a gorgeous woman."

Saana blushed as she fanned herself. "Please...stop"

Nyota noticed the two women and wondered what they were discussing, then she clicked on another set of outfits to reveal gowns that both women just awed at again. "What do you think of these?"

"I like the soft pastel lavender dress." stated Amanda: "Do you think your friend Eve can come up with a dress in less than a day for me?"

"I think I want something traditional Nyota, would she be able to find something for me as well?" As Saana looked at some of the African designs.

"It wouldn't hurt to ask, let me contact the ship. The last time I spoke with Eve she wanted us to be her muses for her line."

"Really?" Both women chorale.

"Yep, she will be honored to help you both, but you have to trust her judgement."

Both women were bouncing in their chairs, clapping. "Yes!"

After scanning both women for their sizes, Nyota sent a message to Eve on the Enterprise. Nyota saw two happy women.

As the day went on, Amanda took time to show her new family around the estate, pointing out the additions, Vulcan artifacts, and their extensive library.

It was during lunchtime, when the women were eating, that Sarek contacted her through their bond. Spock and he had made up. Amanda softly placed her fork down, tears forming as she folded her hands in her lap and smiled. The two other women noticed Amanda's demeanor right away.

Saana asked, "Amanda, what's wrong?"

As the family bond opened, Amanda felt a peace inside her mind, heart and soul. She even felt T'Pau's approval. Nyota felt it too, she gasped as Spock relayed his thoughts to her, that he too had made peace with his father. She too started to cry, Spock got his wish.

Saana was now looking at both of them in confusion.

"Nyota?! Amanda?! You're both scaring me! What's Wrong!?"

Nyota wiped her eyes and looked at her mother. "Spock and Sarek made up and they both shared with the immediate family."

"But...But how?"

Nyota reached over and grabbed her mother's hand. "When you marry a Vulcan, you gain this bond or connection in your consciousness."

"Oh yes, Amanda did explain that to me, it's happening right now?"

"Yes mother, it's a good thing."

Amanda sighed and felt guilty again for not informing her. "I'm so sorry Saana, there is so much to learn about Vulcans and their culture. I'm not doing you justice."

Saana asked for a comparison, "It's okay, is this what the people felt when the Intrepid crew was brought home? They were all connected?"

Amanda replied, "Yes, but only to a point. Imagine millions of people mingling inside your mind. I'm connected to Sarek and we can share our thoughts, the other bonds have to be dampened through training, which I'm still mastering."

Saana sat in awe at the concept, of the idea, of sharing thoughts. "Like the idea of reading people's expressions?"

Nyota chimed in. "Yes, of a sort mom, peoples' thoughts sometimes vibrate out and Vulcans can receive them. Mostly unintentionally. Spock's bond is stronger than most and he can shut his bond thoughts down with ease. Most Vulcan can after years of training. I'm still learning, Spock says my mind is always racing from one thing to another and he is showing me ways to control my thinking so it doesn't interfere with his."

"Wow!" Saana was so fascinated."I wish I could document this concept by observing a family unit, it would make a great journal article.

Amanda was so proud of her two handsome stubborn men, she wouldn't trade this moment for anything. Her prayers were answered, her family is back together. Amanda remembered telling her parents about Sarek, and remembered their anger towards her for marrying a Vulcan. How she dared the odds of sustaining a marriage with him, then coming to Vulcan to face the same ordeal again. Now she has a friend and a daughter to share her happiness and her complaints. She gave a deep sigh.

"Thanks, Saana and Nyota, for becoming a part of this family. It means so much to me."

The three of them looked at each other, stood up and held hands. They smiled with joy, then the group hugged with laughter.

"This is cause for a toast!" Amanda went into the pantry storage and returned with a vintage bottle of wine. Saana went to the shelf and grabbed three glasses, and Nyota went to the counter and grabbed a bowl of assorted fruits.

Amanda held up the bottle, "Come ladies, let's crash in my room and celebrate!"

All three women laughed and headed to the master suite. They lounged on the large master bed, and shared stories.

Amanda looked at Nyota. "Nyota, I just want to say that you are one brave woman. Your mom shared her story about your memory loss, I've never cried so hard."

Nyota looked at her mother, giving her a somber smile, and leaned into her.

"I know that must have taken a lot out of you to tell. I know how deeply that affected you."

Saana relayed sadly. "What made it so bad honey, was I was alone. No one understood. The Uhura's were at a loss when I told them. But my family, distant as ever. They never forgive- that stubborn, stiff-necked family."

Amanda added, lifting her glass, "But look at you now Nyota, we are so proud of you for the things you have done for both of us. We formed a family."

Nyota sighed softly and said," I only wish that baba was here to celebrate with us mom."

Saana placed her hands on the sides of her daughter's head. "He's here with us baby, he never left us. I have something to show you."

Saana got up and grabbed the nearest padd and settled in between Amanda and Nyota on the bed.

"A friend of mine in Starfleet gave me this disk about your father."

The three women watched the dedication ceremony of Kayode Uhura. Each of the survivors gave their testimony of how he saved them. They in return dedicated their lives to support each other and made a memorial for Kayode. They each thanked him, saying that some of their children had branched out in the same field as he or joined Starfleet. When the recording ended, another wave of crying proceeded. After, they fell into quiet reflection.

"I didn't know that baba had such a positive impact on others. That was beautiful mom."

Touched by the stories about her father, Nyota wiped her eyes again. Now, the circle is complete, and she was happy she chose to join Starfleet. She too followed her dad, she missed him so much. Things were happening so fast since she had arrived on Vulcan, she couldn't believe the changes.

"Thanks momma, it answered a lot of things and healed the hurt I was feeling."

"It helped me too honey, I'm so proud of your father... and of you."

The mother and daughter hugged each other. After a while the women took a nap on Amanda's large bed. They woke up later and refreshed themselves before starting to cook. While they were cooking they each took turns revealing more about themselves.

Saana asked, "Amanda, where is your family?"

Amanda took a deep breath as she was chopping the vegetables. "They are on Earth, in the Seattle, Washington area. I have a brother that I haven't seen in 12 years. We were close at one point, but when my parents were alive they didn't take too well to Sarek."

Amanda stopped chopping and looked at Saana.

"First, they thought Sarek was way too old for me, and he was. But in Vulcan years he was a really young man and he.. had.. a.. son."

"A son?" Saana was shocked.

"Yes, Sybok, he was a cute little thing."

Nyota chimed in, "Spock did tell that he has an older brother that he rarely sees."

"I'm glad he told you. We don't know where he is, but the last time we heard, he was hanging around the Romulan quadrant. Second, my family wasn't jumping up and down that Sarek was Vulcan or the fact that I gave birth to a Vulcan child."

The three women looked at each other and understood what she had been through. Amanda smiled and continued chopping.

"I wouldn't trade it for the universe, Sarek and I have something special, we both sacrificed for our love. I love that man."

"I met Kay in high school, I was shy then. He would snatch my padd out of my arms, and like a fool, I chased him. Kay was from a prominent family and mine was not. He was athletic, intelligent and handsome. Each day he would grab my padd, just to see me make a face and demand it back. I thought he hated me for some reason. Then one day he just walked with me to my next class, which made the girls jealous. They gave me such a hard time, but one day he just told me that I was the ONE and he didn't see the other girls. From that moment on I was hooked, I was in love. Kay only saw me and we made plans for college together and we both excelled. He was so passionate about life and others, he poured his love into Nyota and me. My family didn't like Kay or the Uhuras' at all because of their status, they claimed they had an uppity attitude. My brother finally changed and helped support us. Kay didn't depend on his family's riches. But they accepted me, even when Nyota was born, his parents adored her. But not my family, they thought Nyota was spoiled and barely saw her, so I just kept her with the Uhuras'."

Nyota looked at both women and smiled, thinking about how Spock impacted her on the Enterprise. She decided to share her view of her husband.

"Spock was a mysterious, quiet man. I knew the first time I saw him he was different. I was drawn to him, so were so many others. Spock had his own private fan club that I had to run the gauntlet through, before work with him everyday."

Amanda was shocked. "What kind of fan club?"

Nyota nodded her head and smirked at Amanda. "The ones that drool. That's the thing about Spock, he didn't entertain them, he went about his business as a commander. Do you know why women found Spock so very handsome?"

Saana had an idea, but Amanda knew and smiled. "Those sexy pointed ears?"

Nyota laughed. "Yes, and the brows! One day we were on a mission and we lost contact with the landing party. I advised Spock that I could rig a subspace bypass circuit to reach the captain. While I was working underneath the console sauntering away. Spock lay next to me on the floor and asked for my progress on the console. I replied to him that it was delicate work. Then he said: 'I can think of no one better equipped to handle it, Miss Uhura."[2] I was shocked and I knew then I was truly attracted to him.

"Ohh woo, Miss Uhura huh?" Amanda gave a wicked smile and laughed, thinking of Spock using a pick-up line.

"Things got worse after that. I knew I was in love with him, but Spock was so distant when it came to socializing and was only expressive with the captain and McCoy. Once in a while, we would play our Ka'athyras in the mess hall. I didn't think I had a chance, human female charms didn't work on Vulcans. Until on one mission I had to fight for him to win his honor, and I won. The next thing I knew Spock was proposing to me!" [3] Nyota smiled while reminiscing about those moments.

Amanda and Saana looked in awe at Nyota with their mouths agape, then Saana asked, "You ...you fought over him?"

"Yes, it was a mating ritual. The women of that particular culture fought for their men. It was a non-lethal battle, the only problem was I had to wear this tight busty metal-like bra and sarong outfit that left nothing to the imagination. Spock was impressed." Nyota smiled smartly.

Amanda remembered her courtship days with Sarek. At the time it was serious but, looking back, it's more romantic.

"Just to think, Sarek was practically beating off suitors with a bat, I actually saw the warrior in him. It's quite sexy."

Saana chimed, "I had to fight off the women for Kay, I guess that instinct of protecting what's ours never really leaves."

Amanda also remembered that other female species found Sarek attractive as well and he only had eyes for only her.

"Amen to that! Let's eat before the food get's cold."

The three women laughed at the things they would do for their man.

Later that night, Nyota was lying on her bed conversing with Spock. All the talk about their men made Nyota sexually aroused, enough so that she contacted Spock through their bond. She laughed after their conversation.

"I think I will give Spock a surprise when he comes back."

She gathered an assortment of oils and placed them in the bathroom, preparing for her morning bath. When Spock saw her when he came back, she would be wearing more than just a sarong.

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: [1] TOS:Assignment Earth

[2] TOS: Who Mourns for Adonis?

[3] The Battle for Spock part 1: chapter 5 & 6

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.