Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

See the source imageBeta Reader: SilverMoonfire Summary: The women celebrated with a day of their own and got to know each other. The reception is a two day event and I will describe it from different points of view from different people. There will be surprises as you learn who's who.
See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

.


Onto Altair VI - day 1 of the reception

The S'chn T'gai clan gathered at Vulcan Central for the arrival of their transport, The Surak II. The compound itself was lined with honor guards beginning at the entrance to the estate. Many were willing to escort and protect the S'haile Sarek and Spock. Spock peered out the estate's window to see a synchronized line of men and women prepared to escort the family transport. He didn't know what to think of it, things had changed so quickly. Spock traveled back to his suite to gather their duffle bags, observing as Nyota zipped up the last bag. She turned to see him standing there.

"All done Spock."

"Your honor guard is ready, it would be informative if you converse with her so that she understands your expectations."

Nyota gave a deep sigh, she wanted to say something but kept it to herself. She had promised him that she would work with one. It's just new to her, someone watching, keeping in step with her every move.

Spock saw her expression and surmised its cause. "Until we have returned to duty on the Enterprise, it costs us nothing to allow my home planet to demonstrate their gratitude."

Nyota smiled and went to kiss him, before Spock lifted both their bags to lead the way to the hover cars.

Commander Arnak was Spock's personal guard and he felt honored to protect the number one citizen of Vulcan. Arnak had been made aware of the healers trying to instigate their laws on Commander Spock. Knowing the katras of the honored Intrepid fallen were only returned because of Spock made Arnak particularly clear on his responsibilities. His sister Vora, well trained in the Vulcan martial arts and part of the elite guards, stood ready to escort Lady Uhura and waited for the couple to emerge from the estate.

Emerging first, Ambassador Sarek, Amanda and Saana were in the first hover car. Spock and Nyota followed along in the second, the guards on hoverbikes escorted them to Vulcan Central. There they were greeted by T'Pau, her ward T'Lara and Shath who were awaiting their arrival. Everyone was escorted to The Surak II, a sleek, streamline ship of metallic silver docked at Vulcan Central.

Nyota sat with her mother and held her hand, while talking with Amanda about the reception. She didn't know what to expect or what the Vulcans had planned for them, it had just been explained as a sort of formal quiet dinner. T'Pau sat quietly for a moment and observed the conversation then quietly excused herself to her cabin with T'Lara.

Altair IV was a neutral planet where most diplomatic meetings were held, like Babel. A larger than average planet in the Alpha quadrant, it's a Jupiter sized Earth like planet with three silver rings around it. The space dock where ships' cargo and passengers were checked was surrounded with spaceships from different planets. Saana peered through the port and was amazed at the site.

"Oh my, I never thought I would be in space, let alone a place like this!"

"Yes Saana, wait until you see all of the representatives here to show respect to Sarek and Spock."

Saana turned to Amanda in amazement, "Really?"

"Sarek has represented Vulcan and the Federation for decades, he is well known for his diplomacy." Amanda thought to herself that Sarek hadn't been good at diplomacy with his sons until recently. That was one peace talk that had ended well. Amanda smiled and glanced at her husband with pride.

Nyota looked out her port and saw the Enterprise orbiting, she nudged Spock and pointed their ship out to him.

"The Enterprise is probably on patrol as a safeguard for the delegates." Spock reported.

As the ship docked Commander Arnak approached Spock and Sarek giving a slight bow.

"S'haile Sarek and Spock, docking procedures are completed, and your quarters are ready. If you and your family will follow us to your suites."

"Is there an Itinerary prepared?" requested Sarek.

"Yes, S'haile." Arnak handed over two padds, giving one each to Sarek and Spock. "If there are any changes to the itinerary inform either myself or Vora, so security will be maintained."

Sarek quickly scanned the list and inclined his head, "Your service honors us Commander Arnak."

"It is an honor to serve the House of Surak." He turned and left to prepare for departure from The Surak II.

Everyone stood, T'Lara escorting T'Pau first to lead her family to the planet.

Upon entering the common area of their suite of eight bedrooms with full kitchen, living, office and dining area. Sarek posted the itinerary on the full monitor. Meanwhile, Commander Arnak set up security in one of the extra rooms. The itinerary included a reception line, dinner and entertainment provided by various delegates.

"Wow, we have a busy schedule, Spock!" Nyota noted.

"Indeed, we have garnered the interest of many of the delegates."

" As it should be," added T'Pau. "Sarek and you have contributed extensively to the Federation and Starfleet."

T'Pau stood up and walked in front of Nyota and Spock who were sitting on the lounge chair.

"Thee Spock has drawn attention to the heart of Surak, I am pleased that all of Vulcan has given thee respect."

With that, T'Pau and T'Lara left to their suite and then there was silence. Uhura's guard Vora approached Sarek and her brother Arnak.

"There is a party of females from the Enterprise requesting your presence Lady Uhura. Do you wish their presence?"

Nyota stood up and clasped her hands, "Yes, please show them in!"

Sarek and Spock looked at one another, realizing they were about to be overrun by human females. Shath, unknowing of what was about to occur, merely looked at the women stoically.

"Amanda" Sarek drew her attention, "Spock, Shath and I will leave you to your guests."

Amanda looked at her husband and son, "You don't have to leave?"

"My wife, I am aware of human female bonding conversations. Please enjoy your company."

Amanda gave Sarek a snarky look and watched the three men make their way to the open kitchen.

When Nyota saw Eve and Charlene she broke out with a smile, while both women ran to her and they embraced like long lost friends.

"Girls you made it!"

"Yes your highness!" Both women chimed together, chuckling. Eve and Charlene took note of the Vulcan men in the open kitchen.

Spock gave his greetings, "Lt. Masters and Brody, your presence is welcomed."

"This is Sarek, my father, Commander Arark, and Shath - the family Healer."

"Greetings gentlemen, it's an honor to meet you," said Eve as she stared at each handsome man.

"Yes, very nice to meet Uhura's extended family." Charlene said with a big smile.

Nyota eyed both of them trying to flirt, and grabbed Charlene's arm, turning her to address Amanda and her mother.

"Charlene, you already know my mother."

Charlene ran and gave a huge hug to Saana. "Mother Saana it is so good to see you again, I hope you are doing well."

"Charlene honey, I started off rough and things are just getting better!"

"Mom and Lady Amanda, this is Lt. Evelyn Brody, who we call Eve."

"Good morning Miss Uhura and Lady Amanda." Eve said shakily.

Both older women surrounded Eve and gave her a reassuring hug. Amanda said, "We will not have any of that 'miss' or lady stuff, just call me Amanda."

"And me 'Saana' or 'mother Saana' if you wish, especially if you are besties with my daughter!"

Nyota smiled during the introductions. "She's the one who designed my wedding dress!"

"OOHH! MY" said both women.

"You are our new bestie!" laughed Amanda giving Eve an extra hug.

"I hope you didn't mind that I referenced you out?" asked Saana.

"OH no, I've invested in them already."

Nyota realized there was a lot to talk about. "Let's go to my suite and discuss it more."

"Oh yes, there is a lot more!" added Saana.

The five women headed down the hallway, passing the men in the kitchen. Charlene and Eve passing by them took note of each man's features. All Vulcan, all male, all tall and all handsome. The men started moving towards the double main doors, while Eve and Charlene looked back at the group of men.

"Wow, I didn't realize that Vulcan men are..are so sexy." Charlene said low and seductive.

The rest of the women stopped to listen to her statement.

"Yeah I agree with you. Hey!?" Eve looked at Charlene and gave her a puzzled glance, "Aren't you dating someone?"

"Yeah, doesn't mean I can't look at handsome looking Vulcans! They are tall, and those intense eyes..."

A smile formed on Amanda's face, she married one of those handsome men.

Charlene asked as they continued walking, "Ms. Amanda, do Vulcan men know how handsome they are?"

All five women turned slowly and looked at the men standing at the door, who sensed that they were being watched. The four men turned to be observed by the group of women with arched brows.

Amanda turned and said laughingly, "No, they are clueless, totally oblivious that they attract other women. I had to fend off a couple of females in my time."

Saana inquired, "Amanda, you mean you were almost in a cat fight?"

Shaking her head yes, "Once during our engagement and sometimes when Sarek will go on his ambassador missions."

"I know what you mean Mother Amanda, I've been doing some cat fighting myself. Before and during our engagement too! Once those earrings are off, that's it!" said Nyota.

"I can testify to that, I was there when Nyota fought a couple of women for dating Mr. Spock. My girl was kicking butt on and off the ship for her man." Charlene stated.

Amanda looked at Nyota with a smile. "You fought over my son?"

"Yes ma'am, they are still crying over me snatching your son. We Uhura women are keepers."

Saana said proudly, "I agree. I only had one incident with Kay in college, some women don't get the message that your man is taken."

Nyota also added, "Char you haven't heard the latest. Spock's ex-girlfriend is coming to the reception!"

"The devil you say, you're kidding!"

Eve chimed in, "Wow, this gets better and better!"

Charlene and Eve were amazed that Saana and Amanda had some territorial disputes over their men. The women looked at each other and laughed and continued on their journey. Nyota, holding Charlene's arm, continued to talk about the reception.

The women didn't know that the men had heard their conversation and stood in silence trying to interpret what was being spoken about. Commander Arnak excused himself while the men watched the women enter one of the suites.

"I will continue with my duties S'haile Sarek." He bowed slightly and left, leaving the three men to begin a conversation they didn't know how to start.

With the unfiltered noise being in a confined space with human females brings, Sarek came to an inescapable conclusion.

"It seems I will need more meditation."

Spock slowly canted his head in agreement, "Indeed."

But Shath was overcome with curiosity,

"May I inquire, what is a... cat fight?"

Spock cleared his throat, "It is a human term referring to females engaging in a physical altercation against one another."

"You mean like a spousal territorial dispute?"

"Of a sort."

Shath arched his brow again, "Is there a purpose for such an engagement?"

"Usually over a male, it is some form of challenge."

Shath continued, "Is it ceremonial?"

" Not that I am aware of."

The three men were silent again, processing the information, then Sarek wanted to know,

"What is the purpose of removing their ear ornaments?

Spock's brow arched more and carefully thought out his answer,

"It seems it could be a distraction or hindrance in their confrontation. I would have to inquire for more information."

More silence.

Sarek, sounding more confused, endeavored to understand the situation.

"Sa-fu, do those two events have anything to do with T'Pring attending your reception? If so, this cat fight would be illogical due to the fact that you are now bonded."


Meanwhile the women selected their new wardrobe and accessories from Eve Brody and everything was ready for the reception that evening.


The S'chn T'gai family dressed in their traditional robes, with Saana in a traditional African dress, for the first day. T'Pau led the procession in a litter carried by formally dressed vanguards. Sarek followed with Amanda, and Spock with Nyota. T'Lara, Saana then Shath finished the procession. A fanfare was played when they entered the assembly hall, arranged with wide traditional decorations. All the delegates and ambassadors stood, along with the Vulcan guards lining the aisle, and with precision turned as the family walked down the corridor as part of their escort.

Starfleet and members of the wedding party were there in their dress uniforms. A Vulcan orchestra played soft music as people mingled, eating horedeuers and drinking.

All of it was being watched universally by the "Forever lasting Love" had been granted exclusive rights to broadcast the event from the planet Vulcan, drawing envy from all the major networks. They gave commentary about each delegate and their origins. It was the first time that a Vulcan family had ever presented themselves outside their planet and it drew attention across the galaxy.

Everett and Michelle only gave positive commentary of the gala. All while Kim Kelly had to sulk and watch her missed opportunity, along with the other networks.

The first two hours consisted of the receiving line of delegates giving congratulations to the couple and the family. T'Pau sat on an elevated platform in her litter behind the family with T'Lara beside her. She had the perfect view of the whole gala. T'Pau took note of each person, all of whom gave her her due respect, for which she would either bow her head or hold the ta'al sign in response. You couldn't tell if T'Pau was happy, aggravated or upset with the over done fanfare. It was not her thing, she desired solitude, but this was her grandson's day to enjoy all the benefits due to him. It was just not the Federation of planets that she craved respect from but her own people. She watched each one give proper respect to her clan. When some of the Vulcan High Command commissioners approached her family, her mind became sharp and she strained her ears to listen to their greetings.

Sutor spoke first, giving the ta'al and bowing his head, "Greetings and salutations on your marriage Commander Spock and bondmate."

T'Dess also greeted and held up her hand, "May you and your bondmate live long and prosper. I want to let you know that our house and clan has found peace from Rekan's return."

Nyota bowed her head and returned the greeting, while Spock looked at her, "May your house and clan continue to seek the Ways of Surak and respite."

T'Dess approached T'Pau and bowed her head to her, "T'Pau, I extend my services to you, if you require it as so. Dif-tor heh smusma T'Pau." [Live long and prosper]

It was when the two healers from the Vulcan Science Academy attempted to greet Spock that T'Pau stood up with her staff and glared down at the two disrespectful Vulcans. Daring them to speak out of turn on this occasion. They were hesitant at first and held their formal greetings towards the couple, Nyota took note of the tension around these two as well as Sarek and Amanda.

"Congratulations Commander Spock on your bonding and your services to Vulcan." said Healer Voris holding his head high as part of his defiance.

Healer Tekav, wearing his Vulcan Science robe that detailed his position in genetics added, "Congratulations are in order on your bonding, may your house increase."

Both healers stared at Spock and slowly observed Nyota then before looking up to T'Pau, bowing in greeting and walking away.

Amanda thought they were disrespectful and had hidden it well. She kept her hands in her sleeves to fight the anger that projected in their bond. "Those two don't give up, they almost had T'Pau."

"My mother is someone who carries the laws efficiently, she is aware of all transactions that have occurred. She will ask for compensation."

Sarek had observed the two healers and he too was upset about their approach.

Upon seeing the next family in line to give thanks, T'Pau continued to stand. Amanda stood tense and glared at the young female with them, while Nyota took note of them too. She promised herself, for the sake of her husband and the family, she would behave. A calming wave hit her consciousness. Nyota took a deep breath and watched the family greet them.

"Greetings to the clan of Surak from the clan S'oleh-nau," said T'Lan holding the ta'al greeting and looking up at T'Pau. T'Pau bowed her head and returned the greeting, lifting her split fingers and then she glared at the female who stepped before her.

Standing before them is no other than T'Pring, in the flesh with Stonn standing next to her. While T'Lan was greeting the couple, T'Pring took note of Spock's wife, Nyota gave the most stone faced facade she could give.

T'Lan spoke on behalf of her clan and looked at Sarek,

"From our house to your son Sarek, we greet you and congratulate you on your son's bonding. May your house be safe and increase."

T'Lan turned to her nephew Solen to retrieve a box from his hands and extended it to Spock.

"Please accept this gift on behalf of our clan."

Spock took the cigar size box and bowed. "Live long and prosper T'Lan."

"Peace and long life S'haile Spock." T'Lan turned and left with her family.

"How did I do?"

"Commendable, my wife."

"She didn't look happy."

"I wasn't aware that she should look happy, she is a Vulcan."

"Whatever, I'm glad that part is over."

"Indeed."

While they were greeting each other, Nyota took note of Stonn. She didn't find him handsome at all, not compared to her man. Stonn was leaner at the shoulders, but she knew Spock would have kicked his a$$. Nyota realized she should thank T'Pring for passing over Spock, a warm thought passed through their bond and Nyota smiled.

When the receiving line took a break, more people started to mingle with delegates and ambassadors from the federation.


1st Event of the Reception:

Kirk, McCoy and Scotty were standing together, sipping their drinks, and observing the gala.

"Wow, this is the biggest wedding reception I've ever been to!" Scotty exclaimed, looking around at all the people, eating or drinking.

McCoy also was looking around.

"I've got to admit, the Vulcans went all out to honor Spock. This is well done."

"Yeah, this is nice. They should've done this a long time ago. I don't know if Vulcan celebrates events or stuff, but Spock has dedicated his life on behalf of his people." Kirk said, impressed that the wedding reception was in his best friend's honor. Kirk smiled at the thought that things were looking up for Spock.

McCoy saw Jim's smile and nudged him, "What's with the smile?"

Kirk glanced at Bones, "You do know what happens in a marriage, Bones."

McCoy saw that look and started to chuckle, "You have that godfather look again."

"Can you imagine a little Spock running around the bridge?"

"Jim, have you asked Spock and Nyota about that? I mean, are they staying on the Enterprise?"

Scotty added, "Aye, if they both leave, where does it leave us?"

"First of all, regulations about families have changed. They can stay and have a family, if they want." Kirk interjected.

"Well, the Enterprise needs them and we are a kind of family too. They should stay just the way they are." Scotty finished his drink, concerned that they would one day leave to have a family. It's the normal thing to do.

Then something caught Scotty's eye, a beautiful woman was walking through the crowd with the widest smile on her face. She greeted people as she made her way to her destination. Her bright blonde hair was piled high atop her head with three large curls draping down to her shoulders. He admired her beauty and graceful appearance. She had on a yellowish/gold halter, with a slim section in the waist exposing her midriff. But the skirt was attracting people around her, it was a full, ballooning skirt that sat snuggly against her slim hips. Scotty was so enthralled with her, he was drooling.

"Who is that lovely lass?"

Kirk and McCoy looked where he indicated and saw the woman, they both spit and choked on their drinks.

"Sh$t!" spat Kirk.

McCoy's mouth dropped from recognizing the woman."OH my God, Spock is in so much trouble."

"Who is the lass, captain?"

"Sort of an old flame."

Scotty gave a shocked look, "Mr. Spock's old flame?"

"Jim! She's heading for Spock!" McCoy was pointing to the married couple.

"Come on gentlemen, we need to intercept her before Uhura requests a divorce!"

The three men placed their empty glasses on a passing tray and headed to intercept the woman who was on a collision course with Spock. But they were hindered by the crowd of people who wanted to converse with them.


Nyota's POV:

Nyota was standing with Spock on her right, and Vora was on her left.

Vora was holding a traditional staff as part of the formal honor guard. She had observed, since she'd been on duty, that the S'chn T'gai family were very sociable due to Ambassador Sarek's connection to the Federation. Her brother Arnak, next to S'haile Spock, had noticed the same. It was as she scrolled her vision over the room that she observed a female in an overly loud material approach.

Nyota was smiling and greeting people as Spock socialized with delegates. Spock didn't like to converse, he did greet people respectfully and he thanked them for celebrating his marriage. Many were shocked that Sarek even had a son, because Vulcans really don't elaborate on their personal lives.

The mystery woman saw him in the distance, her eyes swelled with emotions, she had to see it for herself. Spock was married. She had hoped that he would wait for her after the peace treaty with the Troglytes. She had expanded her mind to be more open against her own prejudice. She stared at Spock looking regal. Her heart hurt knowing that he was unavailable to her. Then she looked at his wife, she was indeed pretty. Dark skinned with beautiful eyes, her robe matched Spock's. She remembered what Spock had said to her on their last day together. She recited it in her dreams, hoping that one day he would come back for her. But he didn't, he found another. She lifted her chin up and decided to face her lost love.

Then Nyota saw the stunning blonde woman wearing the yellowish/gold halter top dress, and her skirt flowing out taking up space as she glided towards them. Her eyes were glued on Spock, her smile widening as she approached. She was beautiful, thin, exposing her midriff body, "Who in the hell is this?"

Nyota's fist tightened, the woman knew Spock, a shift of jealousy rose inside her.

Spock spotted her, well her dress that flowed as she glided across the room. They made eye contact and her smile widened. She was ten feet from him, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two - her hands stretched out to greet him. "Nyota would not be pleased," ran through his mind. Spock slowly took a step back to draw maintain the remaining distance.

At the same time Nyota saw the woman stretch out her hand to touch her man, her husband, her bondmate, "What the hell, is she serious!?" Her smile widened when she was about two foot from Spock, and Nyota's anger rose. She stepped forward as Spock took a step back raising her hand in front of the woman,

"Kroy-kah!"

Nyota didn't even know she spoke in Vulcan, the woman's face fell in shock and she stopped when Nyota blocked her from Spock. Vora stepped forward and placed the staff between the two women, staring at the blonde woman.[1]

"It is inappropriate to touch the S'haile." Vora spoke firmly.

Arnak guided Spock further from the women and stood in front of him as he watched his sister and Lady Uhura handle the woman. But Spock felt differently, and surmised it would not go well for Droxine or himself.

The woman was still in shock and took a deep breath, "But I know Mr. Spock, we are old friends."

Nyota spoke up firmly and glared at the woman. "Who are you?"

Droxine looked over at Nyota cooly, "Oh, I'm Droxine from the planet Ardana, and you must be Mr. Spock's wife?"

Nyota wasn't offended at all, the reception was in their honor. The fact that the woman before her was trying to be trifling was a tacky annoyance. Nyota eyed her carefully and saw that she was attracted to her now husband. "I hope I don't have to do this often, dealing with Spock's past women."

"Yes, my name is Nyota or Mrs. Spock. I've heard of that planet, Stratos the Cloud City, it is well known for their art work. Spock had mentioned it."

Droxine looked at Spock who stood motionless and did not dare interfere with his wife's interaction with her.

"Yes it is, and I just wanted to congratulate him on his marriage."

Nyota put on her best diplomatic, calm demeanor face and said, "I've noticed, but you have to understand Vulcan protocol. It's a sign of disrespect to touch S'haile Spock or any other Vulcan, because of their touch telepathy, it interferes with their equilibrium."

Just then Kirk, McCoy and Scotty arrived to intervene as Droxine, with a look of sadness and confusion in her eyes, stared at a silent and still Spock.

Droxine gave a snarky remark, "Oh really? I didn't know. I wanted to talk to Spock."

Kirk stood next to her and lightly touched her elbow. "Droxine, it's wonderful to see you again. How is your father?"

Droxine looked up at Kirk and smiled.

"Oh Captain Kirk, it's wonderful to see you. My father is here somewhere talking to the president of the Federation."

Kirk smiled at her and guided her elbow in a different direction. "Why don't we have a drink and find him. I want to find out about the Troglytes since we left."

"Aye, I've heard it was your planet that was essential in saving millions." Scotty said, giving her a winning smile.

Kirk left with Scotty and the confused Droxine, while McCoy looked at Uhura, "Are you okay?"

Nyota slowly shot a glare over her shoulder at Spock, showing his stoic face and said firmly.

"Why yes doctor, just fine."

McCoy looked at Spock and shook his head knowing that he was in big trouble.

"Okay, I'll see you later then."

He picked up another champagne flute, lifted it up towards Spock and left.

Nyota and Vora turned and stepped back next to Spock. While they stood calmly, their minds were not. Something was said quite clearly.

"What was that? Do you need to tell me something about her? Please don't tell me you dated her or worse."

"Nyota-I will not discuss the situation with you at this moment."

"Obviously she was very, very interested in you."

"Ny-ota please."

"She was definitely into you, she was willing to touch you. Have you touched her? Had you had..."

"Nyota, it seems you are upset."

"You. Owe. Me. Mister-big time!"

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

Star Trek TOS:

The Cloud Minders [1]

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.