Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader:Jsilver2000



Summary: The plans to celebrate Spock and Sarek's accomplishments, as well as to ceremonially validate Spock and Nyota's bond, are well under way. T'Pring is not happy to be included, but Amanda is quite pleased with how everything is going. McCoy had to place Christine Chapel on medical leave to deal with her deep feelings toward Spock.    




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Meanwhile, back on Vulcan during the first week:

Amanda Grayson was in a good mood; she couldn't believe what T'Pau had done; her face was lit up with joy. Amanda had so much respect for T'Pau and the leverage she'd wielded to rectify the damage that had been done to her family over the decades. Amanda noticed right away when she appeared in public with Sarek that people spoke to them and showed respect for the work Sarek and Spock had done. The positive change in the Vulcan people's demeanor was a welcome sight. Amanda felt as if life was changing for the better, not only for herself, but for her husband and Spock. She even noticed people addressing Sarek as S'haile [Lord] and making complimentary comments about Spock's service in Starfleet. Amanda's heart jumped with joy; knowing that Sarek was proud of Spock strengthened her love for her husband.

Amanda looked at her Padd and saw the the guest list and their responses. The response was overwhelming: 75% of the invitees had already accepted the invitation to attend Spock's reception, and the list was growing. The fact the President of the Federation was number one on the invite set the pace. The friendliest delegates followed; they respected Sarek's position and his contribution to the Federation. Now they were showing their respect by attending something important to Vulcan and to Sarek. The marriage reception for their son. Then something caught her eye, which widened in disbelief. She went to the intercom and paged Sevel to her office.

"How may I serve you, Lady Amanda?"

"Sevel, I want to thank you for taking over the invitations. Your service honors us." Sevel bowed his head in acknowledgment.

"But I have noticed that the S'oleh-nau clan were invited; who authorized that?"

"Lady Amanda, it was a direct request from Lady T'Pau."

Amanda took a deep breath; she couldn't argue with that, and she wasn't going to make a scene about it either. But in her heart, she didn't want to see that b*tch. After all the time that had passed, Amanda was still possessed by a strong urge to slap the insolent look off T'Pring's face. She would never forget how T'Pring flaunted herself in front of Vulcan with her suitors. Then the challenge on their kali-i-farr. But T'Pau had gone up against the Vulcan High Command to coerce them into officially recognizing Spock's and Sarek's accomplishments and funding the reception.

"Thank you, Sevel. How are the arrangements going so far?"

"Lady Amanda, the accommodations for all honored guests are being prepared. A specially designed suite is being constructed to accommodate the S'chn T'gai clan, including Dr. Uhura from Earth. I am in the process of assessing musicians from Earth, Andoria, Ardana, and other Federation Planets who have volunteered to perform for S'haile Spock. I am currently arranging the performance roster for the day of the ceremony."

"Really?"

"Also, the interior arrangements are 68.9% complete. A variety of delicacies are also being arranged to suit each guest's palate."

"This is great, Sevel. Are we behind in anything that needs clearance or purchase?"

"Not at this time, Lady Amanda. Vulcan Central personnel have been assigned as security at checkpoints to avoid interference from uninvited guests such as Terran social media."

"I wonder if we need more time for anything?"

"Lady Amanda, I estimate that the ceremony preparations will be completed 11.275 days."

Amanda looked at Sevel, thinking, Vulcans and their precision-it just kills me. "Wow, that's great. That means the Altair VI plans are ahead of schedule."

"Precisely. Excuse me, Lady Amanda. I need to continue with my work. Is there anything else I can do to be of service?"

Amanda chuckled. "No, Sevel, that's all."

Sevel looked at Amanda in confusion. He didn't understand human humor and had never gotten used to the sound that of laughter. He left to continue with his work.

Amanda continued with her linguistics project; the Federation always asked for her input in enhancing and applying the universal translator. Her mind drifted back to the thought that T'Pring was coming to the reception and then jumped to Spock's wife, Nyota. How will Nyota feel when Spock's former fiancée shows up? That doesn't look good from any standpoint. Amanda shoved her concerns to the back of her mind, pleased that the wedding reception would be ready on time; she clasped her hands together. Now I just need my son and his wife here.


Meanwhile at the S'oleh-nau clan estate:

T'Pring and Stonn sat in their matriarch's library. When they had received the news that T'Lan had summoned them, they were surprised (for Vulcans).

Solen and T'Lan walked in and the couple stood to show respect. They exchanged greetings and then they all sat in a semi-circle.

"I have required your presence to inform you that the S'chn T'gai clan has requested compensation for T'Pring's behavior during Commander Spock's kali-i-farr," [1] T'Lan said clearly and sternly.

T'Pring's brow arched while Stonn stared ahead, focusing on controlling his emotions.

"Solen and I spoke to T'Pau about her accusation that the laws of the kali-i-farr were violated. She stated that T'Pring's choice in the kali-i-fee was unacceptable and violated our traditions as Vulcans."

T'Pring stiffened and asked, "How can this be, T'Lan? It was my right to choose a champion."

"Yes, it was your right to choose a champion, but was Captain Kirk your only option?"

T'Lan eyed her carefully, then slowly glanced toward Stonn. T'Lan had never understood why T'Pring chose the outworlder; it was an illogical choice. Then there was Stonn-kaiidth [what is, is].

"Commander Spock has become a legend among our people; I chose not to be a part of that."

"You chose not to be bonded to a half-human Vulcan; you demonstrated your anger toward Spock by choosing the human as your champion, despite the fact that Stonn was both available and your intended. Then there is the additional accusation that you encouraged other suitors to invoke koon-ut-so'lik [propose marriage], which I had to decline and inform them of your marriage."

"The question is moot, T'Lan; T'Pring and I are bonded," Stonn said.

T'Lan looked at Stonn in disappointment, first, because he had not fought for the woman, which was part of the Vulcan tradition. And second, he went ahead with bonding to T'Pring despite her poor behavior. No chivalry on his part. Stonn showed signs of weakness. But while Spock was experiencing the plak tow [blood fever], he had shown strength, despite the loss of logic due to his condition. The comparison of the two males' behavior was an embarrassment to the clan. T'Lan had performed the kali-i-farr to avoid more accusations.

"It may be so from your perspective, Stonn, but not from T'Pau's; she used the laws regarding our marriage customs and presented her case to the Vulcan High Command; she received a favorable judgment. Now we are at the mercy of the S'chn T'gai clan in regard to compensation."

"It was suggested that your marriage be dissolved because of T'Pring's choice of an outworlder as her champion. Kirk had no prior knowledge of our customs and thus could not make a rational choice during the kali-i-fee," Solen said.

T'Pring stood, steepling her fingers in an attempt to control her fear and anger in reaction to her father's statement.

"I do not desire to be bonded to THAT-THAT Vulcan." T'Pring paused, rethought her words and she was wise in her choice of words.

"We have been bonded and mating for 2.67 years, T'Lan. If that is the only choice, then I will challenge Spock for T'Pring," Stonn asserted.

"You should have challenged him during the wedding!" T'Lan snarled.

"I attempted to, but I was hindered."

"You, being the male and head of the household for your future bride, should have intervened."

Stonn was about to counter T'Lan's statement, but her eyes became hooded and dark. T'Lan held up her hand; the conversation was leading nowhere.

"It is done; we will pay the compensation for this indiscretion. We as a clan will be in servitude to the S'chn T'gai clan for a generation. We are to attend the reception ceremony for Commander Spock and his human bride three weeks hence. We are required to acknowledge and give respect for Commander Spock's accomplishments to Vulcan and the United Federation of Planets, as well as to his bride."

T'Lan looked at all three solemn faces; there was nothing that she could do. "What I have done was done for the clan as a whole. It would invite a naul-tor [feud] if we were to refuse. Such is T'Pau's right."

T'Lan left her descendants to continue conversing. She had said enough; she had done enough. Two children in her clan had failed; now they all must pay. "Kaiidth."

Solen watched his matriarch walk out of the room. A lot had been said about Commander Spock during the council meeting. Solen had seen satisfaction on Sarek's face when the Council had agreed that his clan had failed to honor the contract.

Solen turned to his daughter: "Ko-fu [daughter], was marrying Spock so offensive as to warrant a kali-i-fee?"

T'Pring turned away; she would never admit to a living soul how much she hated Spock. Or the fact that she was extremely jealous of him because of his intelligence. His accomplishments in science had surpassed those of any scientist at the Vulcan Science Academy. She was also envious that his mixed culture, which had once been seen as a sign of weakness, had now become an important part of his legend.

"I had no desire for him as a child; he had no control of his emotions."

"That was when he was child, but 2.67 years ago he presented himself as a man," Solen argued.

"Are you supporting Spock as a man in my presence, Solen?" Stonn snapped. He was now keenly feeling the pain of his failure to stand up as a warrior to defend his desired mate.

"I am questioning T'Pring's allowing her opinion as a child to dictate her decision as a woman."

"Sa-mekh [Father], I had no choice in the matter as a child; you and the matriarch chose him."

"Yes, you are correct, but other options could have been chosen to avoid the current situation, chief among them you honoring our agreement with the S'chn T'gai clan."

"I have no desire to attend this reception."

"You and Stonn have no choice; our clan will face serious consequences if we do not comply with T'Pau and the Vulcan High Command; further sanctions against the clan will be implemented. That, my daughter, I will not permit," Solen said sternly.

"As long as we agree to their terms, you and Stonn will be permitted to remain married."

"But Spock is already married!" Stonn interjected.

"Yes, but your marriage might not be recognized under Vulcan law."

"My wife and I will attend the reception."

T'Pring turned to Stonn in disagreement and arched her brow. Then she bowed her head and left her husband and father in disgust.

T'Pring returned to her home, where she sat on a lounge chair and reflected on her childhood betrothal to Spock.

Yes, despite being bonded to him for more than 20 years, S'chn T'gai Spock was still an enigma to T'Pring, as well as to many Vulcans. That fact that his father, Sarek, had bonded to a human made the insult worse. She remembered the rumors of his tainted blood and lack of control of his emotions, which deepened her resistance to being bonded to him. But the contract had been agreed to; she had no choice. She honored her family with the brief ceremony. T'Pring had observed Sarek's bondmate, the way she looked, her mannerisms, which were different from anything she had seen. She had seen other aliens only in vids that were part of her studies; only a few Vulcans were permitted to leave their homes or planet as children. But now, with the expansion of technology and travel, some Vulcan families had moved to space stations and colonies on other planets. But Spock did not try to reach out to her, nor did she try to reach out to him. They had arranged to communicate occasionally with each other when they first were bonded, but the arrangement didn't last long; neither one had anything they wished to relate to the other. T'Pring had had to deal with ostracization by her schoolmates, and even some adults, who frowned upon the fact that she was bonded to the human/Vulcan. She was ignored by her peers; T'Pring hated Spock for that. She despised him because she had overheard people say that any offspring with Spock would taint the family bloodline and she would be the cause of it.

Nothing had prepared her for the announcement that he would be attending the Federation Starfleet Academy; that was the final nail in the coffin that was their relationship. In her opinion, Spock-despite his high academic achievements-had failed to perform his duties as her betrothed. It had been expected that Spock would attend the Vulcan Science Academy, which would have given her more clarity on his intentions. When he refused, his decision affected her more than himself. It was unheard of to reject such a prestigious position, but Spock had. And the fact that he did not consult her about such a momentous choice made her feel insignificant in the relationship-that and that alone would have induced her choose another mate. It has been noted that T'Pring, as a Vulcan woman, was considered a most desirable, well-educated, and sought-after woman. The fact Spock did not-after all these years-engage in any form of communication about his decision was a slap in the face. Their bond was almost non-existent, as if Spock had no desire to know her at all. But the knowledge that other males desired her soothed her feelings of rejection by Spock.

When reports of Spock's achievements in Starfleet became common in Vulcan newscasts, it became clear that he felt no duty to inform her of anything, including health, accomplishments in Starfleet, dangers, or even any report of his well-being. But Vulcans would comment to her on his accomplishments and congratulate her on such a bondmate. Spock's continued to ignore her, and her ire increased as the years went by. When she reached 28 cycles and no pon farr occurred, she wondered if Spock would ever reach sexual maturity and enter his Time. That was a concern for her, a big one, that the marriage would never be consummated. The average male reached sexual maturity at cycle 21-28, but Spock had not. T'Pring did not desire to wait for another cycle before having a child. She wondered whether Spock had somehow mastered his Time and whether he had any desire at all to honor the contract. T'Pring had to look out for herself and chose to engage another consort to stand for her. After all these years, Spock's rejection still haunted her; she had been determined to see that he had rejected her for the last time. Her plan had backfired, and now he was coming back to torment her again; if she did not show him the proper respect, it would cost her her marriage to Stonn, and few other males would have any interest in her after that. She deeply felt the insult that he had chosen to marry a Terran woman over her. In her mind, the S'chn T'gai clan had become more tainted, not by her, but by Spock's own doing. What if she had married him? She would now be a Vulcan lady of high social status and far more respectable.

T'Pring had heard rumors since her wedding about the outcome of their kal-i-farr, rumors that a non-Vulcan had been chosen as champion. She had thought victory was in her grasp when Captain Kirk fell in the battle. She had been determined to show Spock how much he had hurt her; for a brief moment she had tasted victory, knowing that Kirk was not only Spock's commanding officer but also his friend. Then she had found out she had been tricked by Spock-the captain did not die! Now his family had control over hers. It was humiliating! He had won-again!


Later that evening at the S'chn T'gai compound, Sarek of Vulcan had endured a long day. Between the embassy, the Vulcan High Command, and the Science Academy all requiring his presence, he had been run ragged. He felt relieved to have reached his home, where he could meditate and relax for the next few days, as finally all their plans for Spock's reception had been set in motion. When he entered his home, it was always silent, which his preference. But a strong aroma caught his attention, and he proceeded toward the dining area. When he entered the room, there was an array of candles positioned around the room to give off a warm glow. Sarek's eyebrow rose. Interesting, he thought. He observed the arrangement and concluded it was what Terrans called a 'romantic setting'. Sarek, with his keen eyes and nose, saw and smelled all of his favorite dishes and wondered why his wife has chosen this night to plan such an event. Then he heard humming coming from the kitchen and Amanda appeared with a hot dish in her hands. She wore a transparent floral print pashmina tunic; underneath was a solid slip-type sheath. It complimented her figure. Amanda looked up to see her husband standing near the table and gave him a big smile.

"Sarek, you′re home; you are just in time for end meal."

She placed the dish on the table, allowing Sarek to get a better view of her apparel. The material enhanced her body form and from their bond he observed: My wife's body temperature has risen 1.23 degrees, her heart rate has increased to 93 beats per minute. Pheromone and hormone production has increased by 7.67 percent. My wife is in the process of preparing for copulation. Sarek was pleased with this, the he saw her face was radiant causing him to respond:

Indeed!

"Aduna, I will join you and prepare for end meal."

He left the dining area and went to the master bedroom, where he showered and changed into loose-fitting lounging clothes. When he returned to the dining area, his wife had just placed the drinking goblets on the table, along with a bottle of Vulcan ale placed next to his seat.

"Aduna?"

"Yes, Sarek?"

He noticed the tone of her voice was soft and... quite appealing. It brought memories of their courtship. He smirked and saw that Amanda had noticed and responded with hooded eyes.

"What is the purpose of presenting end meal with such care?"

"I wanted to say thank you for everything that you are doing for Spock."

"Spock is our son; gratitude is not necessary."

"As your aduna, it is my duty to show gratitude when my husband does a noble thing to satisfy his wife."

Sarek noticed that her scent had become more tantalizing; it had been some time since their last sexual union. 'I will entertain my wife for this event.'

He went to the table and pulled out a chair for her to sit. He offered his fingers in the ozh'esta [finger embrace], and Amanda responded in kind. A tingling sensation danced on Amanda's hand and moved up her arm to the rest of her body, and she gasped. Sarek sat and began to serve his wife from the dishes placed in front of him. Amanda poured ale into each of the goblets.

"Sarek, there is a saying on my planet that the males of my species implement during the lifetime of their marriage."

"What statement is this, my wife?"

Amanda looked at him as she passed him his drink with a smile, "Happy wife, happy life, and believe me, I'm a very happy wife at this moment."

Sarek acknowledged her look and started to anticipate the events that would soon occur in their bedroom.

"Aduna, we should conclude our evening meal quickly in order to allow me time to show you my gratitude," Amanda purred.

Sarek was not slow to take in her message. Amanda was excited, and they ate as little as possible. That's my man.

As they ate, Sarek had trouble concentrating on his meal; his wife's pheromones were sending their own message, loud and clear. He thought about how to move to the next phase of their lovemaking, and he remembered that a certain touch on her neck stimulated her into moaning sounds that signified satisfaction with the sexual engagement. He could no longer endure the scent and tension that she was projecting. He slowly got up and stood behind his wife, lifting her hair from around her neck. He leaned down and pressed his lips against the sensitive spot on her neck; as if on cue, his wife let out a small moan and whispered,

"Ashalik."

Amanda stood and turned into his embrace, and their foreheads touched. While his fingers caressed the erogenous zone on her neck, Sarek swiftly picked her up and carried her to their bedroom. By this time, Sarek himself was eager to engage in copulation with his wife, feeling quite stimulated: I will spend the next 2.257 days with my wife to claim this gratitude.

Amanda was in seventh heaven as Sarek carried her to their bedroom, her arms wrapped around his broad shoulders. Nothing about Sarek's body had changed; he still had the same chiseled chest and long, muscular legs. He had displayed the same sexual stamina since they married, except for a slight improvement after his operation.[2] Her hand raked through his two-tone gray and black hair, ruffling it as she peppered him with kisses. My adonis; there's nothing like a Vulcan man as a husband. Amanda heard a low rumble from his chest, and she rested her head on his shoulder and smiled.

The next morning, Sarek was early to rise; he slowly and quietly lifted himself out of their bed. He stretched his long arms and legs and looked down at his faithful mate sleeping peacefully with a slight smile on her face. Then a soft moan came from her, the sound that had become a stimulant to him, and his desire was renewed. Amanda was his, and his alone. He liked watching her face, which revealed her immense satisfaction with their joining. He went to refresh himself in the large bathroom and then dressed and went downstairs to meditate. During his meditation, his thoughts turned to his son and his journey back to Vulcan to have his marriage ceremonially validated. Now his son would experience the gauntlet of being married to a human, but his knowledge of human culture was far greater than his father's. Spock had lived among humans for over 20 years; his perspective of them could enlighten Vulcans about many aspects of human culture. Nyota had become fluent in languages that few humans could master, including two Vulcan dialects-Fascinating!-This merge between them would resolve many doubts about human-Vulcan compatibility. But the main reason for Sarek′s deep meditation to finally put to rest his resentment of Spock and the family′s Vulcan Science Academy versus Starfleet Academy saga. Was it pride that sowed the seed of separation between us? Was the expectation greater than required? Spock has used his abilities to enhance his capacities in many areas. I might have erred.

After his meditation, Sarek sent a notice to his staff that he and Amanda would not be in and not to contact them unless an extreme emergency were to occur. He also sent a notice to the house staff and Sevel, releasing them to spend time with their families. He went upstairs to check on his wife and found her still sleeping in a dream-like state and emitting soft moans. Sarek opened their bond slightly and found her delighting in the events of the preceding night. A smirk formed on his face; he found it quite satisfactory that his wife still found pleasure in this. Sarek left to clean the kitchen and dispose of their uncompleted end meal and then prepare breakfast for her. Sarek had enjoyed her display of 'gratitude' and decided he would continue to celebrate this gratitude with his wife. A small smirk formed on his face.






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

Star Trek TOS:

[1] Amok Time

[2]The Journey to Babel.

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.