Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

epilogue 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

    Laughter sprung up like wells of pure joy and it carried on the wind most sweetly. Eyes watched as a small child ran to and fro, lost there between the gardens. Skin a healthy peaches and cream complexion, the boy turned to see a man and a woman… those he called mother and father. One of which he had always been close to. Grinning a toothy grin, he disappeared under the wild grasses. 

    “Your heart is so kind. To take a boy that is not yours and father him.” The news of the orphaned Nolan boy had spread throughout high society as talk of his parents’ gruesome slayings had found its way into the daily news column. No word on who the killer was and the whole of it was mysterious and frightening. All the talk… all the pity…and yet no one offered to take him. Destined to be cast off into the street, he had stood. Knowing the taste of the blood that ran through his veins, he had been cautious… weary. But it was the way his wife seemed to cradle him to her, how the boy seemed to blossom like a little flower borne of love under her care. The sight had stayed with him for nights after. It was he, Marquess of Severa, who had offered his House and guardianship to the boy. Thus far, he seemed a bit spoiled but sweet and very curious. 

    Smiling, he slipped a strand of her curls behind her ear. 

    “How could I not? You were more of a mother to him than the vile woman who birthed him.” She returned his smile and looked oft into the distance, eyes searching for the boy they now called son. So different the three of them were and yet… no matter the world they lived in… here they had created and carved out a space made just for them… a paradise away from the outside. Taking the opportunity of her turned away eyes, he leaned in and pressed a kiss against her neck. A small girlish laugh giggled up from her mouth but as he did it again, teeth took hold of her bottom lip. 

    “Have you not already claimed my flower bed as your own My Lord? Have you not already filled it with seed that saplings may grow?” Playful dark eyes glanced up at her, lips situated in a sultry teasing smirk. 

    “Indeed I have.” 

    “And yet you have nerve to be greedy? When one already grows within me?” The chuckle against her lips was warm and seductive, the lips that kissed hers full of intoxication and desire. 

    “I shall never lose my want of you Zadie. The hunger to have you will always possess and take hold of me.” She blushed prettily but allowed his mouth to take hers, tongue soon playing against hers. 

    “The fruit of our love dwells inside of you. I can’t express the joy I feel.” Laying back against the silks, she took his hand and placed it upon her belly. 

    “I am happy that you will give me the most precious gift a woman can have. That of motherhood.” Leaning down, he pressed his forehead against hers. 

    “It is you who will gift me with new life my love. You are the one to thank.” Pecking her lips sweetly, he lifted up and helped her sit up, only to pull her against him. Together they watched the boy laugh and swat at the billowing grasses. The birdsong served to dizzy them with an almost ethereal happiness. 

    “Mummy! Look!” A small hand lifted and she laughed, pressing her hand against her mouth as she slowly stood. It wouldn’t be long before her belly grew much too big for her to move well on her own so she would take advantage of it while she had it. 

    “What have you got there Eddie boy?” Eyes watched as the small woman started for the boy, welcoming his little face against her growing stomach. He would enjoy this life they had built. A long life ahead. And when the time came for it all to end, he had decided to go with her into the next phase of life. Aonghas already had the instructions as what to do; a case of unused silver bullets lying for the right time. It was okay with him at the end. As long as he had her he would be content. So long as they took care to keep out the monsters.

 

 

 

 

fin. 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: AHHHHHHHHH WE DONE LOL. Y'all. I know that this was a VERY uncomfortable read for us all. It was difficult in parts to write but we made it. Thank you for coming on this short but poignant journey with me. I appreciate it. They got their happy ending YAYYYYYYY hehehehe. They both deserved it hehe. Glad I could give that to them! hehe. I haven't made the announcement yet but I have ALSO finished Of Tales and Sorrow:Curse (pt. 1) as well. I been writing SO MUCH these past couple of weeks. These stories needed to come out of me. And now that they have, I will rest and focus on other things for a while hehe.

Thank you guys for your support, all of those who respect my writing process and my craft as a creative. It means so much. I know that I can go long periods wthout writing but those of you who still decide to support even still... I appreciate and love you. Thank you for always staying by my side and supporting me in ALL that I do, no matter how long it takes. As they say, greatness takes time lol. And you guys know I've stated time and time again that I will NOT write unless it is the right time/I feel led to. I won't commit to something if I know I won't be able to put my whole being and heart/soul into it hehe. So, yes. Just wanted to make that disclaimer. 

I hope you have enjoyed the read hehe and catch you on the updates to finish out Of Tales and Sorrow hehe. Bye bye~

~D&L

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.