Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

If these ships could talk-Sisters in Arms

The Enterprise completed her docking procedures at Starbase 11, surrounded by several of her sister ships. Enterprise stood 9ft and wore a long roman/greek robe-dress, that slightly trailed behind her. A golden plated corset wrapped around her waist, giving her an hourglass figure. Enterprise (Prise) carried an 8-foot spear in one hand and a shield in the other. She just came from battle in space and paid the price. She wobbles into spacedock for repairs and rest. She walks out of the docking area with grace and dignity with [1] Cygnet 14 to the waiting area to join Prise's sisters who are also waiting for repairs. Cygnet 14 was also damaged in the battle, and also requires some repairs. She is small compared to Prise, barely 5'6 ft, but she carries the most bulk of information in her computer banks. Cyg is wearing the Starfleet standard uniform for women.

Farrah (Farragut) sees her first, Farrah laying on a chaise lounge, her dress draping down to the floor.


"Well, well, well, Enterprise aren't you a sight for sore eyes." Farrah hold up her goblet towards Prise. (Enterprise)


"Hey, Farrah, what are you in for?" As Enterprise strutted to the counter to grabbed a goblet and poured herself ale.


"The usual, maintenance and maybe check my nacelles again. They have been acting up. How about you Prise?"


Prise sighed: "Just came back from a fight with those stupid Klingons.... AGAIN!, they never give up chasing me. Assholes. They damaged parts of the engine sections."


Farra chuckled: "They really have it for you girl, where were you?"


"Around the neutral zone, I hate patrolling over there, it's always something happening!" snapped Prise.


"But you get to see all the action girl." smiled Farrah.
Prise takes a long look at Farrah, and wonders if she is joking or what. "Well, I hope you go next time and then tell me how you like it!"


Prise took a deep swallow of her ale, she's disgusted that she needed repairs again. She turned and walked to the adjoining chaise from Farrah.
"Where is everyone else?"


"Their coming, I see there's Lexi (Lexington) now with York (Yorktown)." Farrah pointing towards them, two tall bronze women walking with toga style dress with battle armor.
Prise sats up to see two other women coming into the waiting area.

"Look who's here, Prise!" shouted York. "How are you?"

"I'm surviving, that's for sure." huffed Prise, as she took another swig of her ale.

"I just want you to know, that I'm still mad at you Prise for what you did last year. You almost blew me out of space with your **it!" snapped Lexi as she stopped in front of Prise.

"You still hung up over that? wasn't even my fault. It was Daystrom's[2] idea, not mine, I sure didn't have a say."


"Yeah, you could have given us a warning at least, you almost killed Excalibur!"


Prise sats up and looked at Lexi: "Don't I know it! I had to play dead to save the rest of you, I was willing to sacrifice myself to save the rest of us!" Prise got up angry at Lexi and goes to the counter and poured more ale in her goblet and turned and faced Lexi.


"How did you think I felt knowing that Daystrom was going to let that kid of his run me, steer Me! DAMN! I was almost automated!"


"What?":said York. "You mean they wanted us automated by a male program?"


"A blasted kid girl, A BOY!":Prise said angerly. "What I did saved us from death, I don't know what Starfleet command had for us."


"How do you know Prise?" asked Farrah.


"Cyg told me, she's full of information, you can ask her yourself."


York, Farrah, and Lexi turned to Cyg as she dranks her tea at a table.


"Is it true Cyg?" asked Farrah.


Cyg turned to them and with her soft voice: "Yes Prise is correct. The program was designed to execute actions before they happen. It used less humans and to cut down on their loss. It's sole purpose was to replace humans altogether. All this information was part of my program and assisting in the installation of M5."

The three of them are shocked about Cyg's answer that the three of them sat down on their chaise.
"That's impossible, why would they do that? Where's the adventure?" asked York.


"Humans need us to explore," says Lexi.


"M5 was difficult to work with, he wanted full control. He shut down 75% of non-working systems. His program was erratic, and deceptive in thinking, unable to process reality." said Cyg.


Lexi looked at Prise: "I'm sorry Prise for judging you. I see what you had to put up with and go through."


"Thanks, I accept your apology. That crazy kid almost had us all killed with his programming. If it wasn't for my captain." Prise smiled at that, he's the one reason why she is still alive today due to his quick thinking.

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

Star Trek TOS: [1]Cygnet 14- is mention in the episode Tomorrow is Yesterday.

Star Trek TOS: [2] The Ultimate Computer:

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.