Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

See the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The sisters just mourned the life of Constellation, she saved countless galaxies and civilizations because of her sacrifice. But Enterprise has more news, breaking it to her sisters is hard. The women again are drinking ale and eating their noon meal.

Cyg-Prise was still sitting at the table with Cyg-Netty comparing notes from their journals. The Cygnets always talked about the same thing; their programming and installations of computer components. But mostly they keep all the women up to date and maintain their health.

Cyg/Prise looks at Cyg/Netty: "My repairs are completed ahead of schedule."

"How do you get repaired so quickly?" asked Cyg/Netty.


Cyg/Prise stands up to leave: "The Vulcan is efficient and his ability to restore me efficiently and it gives me the opportunity to be back online in advance."

"You have the only Vulcan in the fleet! You should be honored Cyg/Prise.": commented Cyg/Netty.


"Yes, the Vulcan has the ability to re-route and repair all my components and circuits, he has class A-7 expertise certification and I have been unsuccessful in competing multiple chess games against him. The Vulcan is highly intelligent and desirable."

"I agree with you Cyg/Prise, Vulcans as species are quite handsome.": added Cyg/Netty.

The sisters sat up, and turned toward the Cygnets and watched them converse about the Vulcan. Then they stared at each other in amusement about their topic, they don't see the desire in the man. But they noticed how much they admire the Vulcan.


"What is the big deal about the Vulcan?" asked Farrah.


"Does he has some form of magic over all our Cygnets?": chuckled Netty.


"They always talk like that about the Vulcan, he helped their programing and computer components stay online.": Prise jabbing about their conversation.

 

Cyg/Prise approached Prise: "I shall return to duty Mistress."

 

"See you later Cyg/Prise."

 

And she left to report to duty.


"Remember Trep?" The sisters drew their attention back to Farrah to her statement.


"Yeah, we all remember Trep (Intrepid)" added Lexi.


"Of all goddesses I miss her." Lexi gets and walks to the counter for another pitcher of ale to pour into her goblet.


"But the way she died?" Lexi took a deep breath, she was closer to Trep, plus they were built about the same time.


"She changed a lot before her death!" Netty also sat up and swinged her legs over the edge of her chaise. "She was different."


"Don't forget she was guided by Vulcans, she even started to look and act like them," added Prise.


Netty added to the conversation; "Yes, she went from a battle dress to a robe, her demeanor changed too."

"That's because she was a part of them, she had no choice. But I did like the new weapon she carried."

Lexi said sharply and defending her closest sister.

Farrah wondered with a stern face; "What kind of weapon?"

"She told me it was called a Lipra, the Vulcans use it as part of their former battle days. It has a short angular sharp blade at one end and a counterweight at the other. It was different." Lexi explained to them.


"Wow, I would like to see that! Did she ever use it?" asked Farrah as she continues to sip her goblet.


"Not that I was aware of, it was the last resort, she was primarily on exploration, then she was lost and Prise found out later she was killed by some form of monster." Lexi held her head down when she said it, she misses Intrepid.[1]

"Yes, it was weird. We were sent to find Trep, there was no trace of her. When we near her last location we found a hole in space. This hole somehow drew us in where we lost all our energy. It was slowly killing us, I believe Trep didn't know the thing was sucking the life out of them. Once we pass the zone of darkness, there we see the humongous creature it tried to drag me towards it, I didn't have the strength to fight back. The Vulcan went on a suicide mission against the creature, but I had no strength to help him." described Prise.

"We know he lived, so how did he survive?" asked Netty, who has switched her position on her chaise.

"They attached some form of the detonator in it and the creature was destroyed, but the Vulcan I've had manage to save with a tractor beam." explained the somberly Prise.

Farrah asked with her head bowed and a deep sigh; "That is sad how she went, I wonder if Starfleet will replace her?"

"If they do, she'll be younger and better than me. I wonder if she'll remember me." Lexi was saddened by how her closest sister had pasted. "Let's toast to Trep!"


The women hold up their goblets again for a second fallen comrade.

"My sisters I have another story to tell." sighed Prise giving a far off look. She needed to let them know how things had changed for them and herself.

The women all sat up again and looked at Enterprise's face of sorrow, they see again that it's not good news. Good news is hard to come by when you are fighting the universe against unknown foes.
"Who is it Prise?" asked Farrah waiting the weight to drop, each loss left an empty space in her.

"Doing my travels, I came across something so eerie and unexplainable."

Prise sats down on her chaise and looked at the floor, her dress flowed with her as she sat. She took a deep breath and started her tell.

"I was sent to find her, they haven't heard from her in three weeks. I was in the last place where she was, I never been there before. It was a different type of space, it didn't feel right -and neither did I."
Prise shifted on her chaise and spoke hesitantly, "I started to feel uncomfortable and nervous."

The women observed Prise tension in her voice and poise, she was stalling to reveal who it is. They weren't ready or prepared to deal with another lost sister.

"Go ahead Prise, we can take it," said Lexi holding a stern face, but a concern heart.


"Then we came upon something from a distance and it looked familiar. As I came closer I recognized it, I mean her. It was Defia (Defiant)."[2]

Netty and Lexi stood up and shock and in unison: "NO!"

"Yes, she was laying there lifeless and she looked eerie, Well she looked like a ghost!"

York asked with grief in her voice; "Was she dead?"

"Yes she was dead, the strange thing is that I kind of could see right through her!"

"What? No way!" shouted Farrah and Netty both showing shocked looks.

"I'm telling you it was downright weird and it took all my thoughts to deal with what happened next. Defia starts to sit up and talk to me, she told the space around them started to break apart and affect every part of her body and the crew became unstaple."

"Was Defia really a ghost Prise? Really?" asked Lexi, she had heard Prise tell stories before and even challenged her on her tactics. But Lexi had some doubts.

"Look, I know it sounds strange, but even the Vulcan was confused, and he's a man of science! Defia told me if we stay there too long, creatures will investigate us and question our reasons for being there."

"I believe you Prise, I've known Vulcans to be reliable," replied Farrah, giving Lexi and look of rebuff.


"I know it sounds strange, you had to be there, Defia told me that the area of space did something to her body and she actually started to fade and break apart, she also told me it affected her fighting and reason abilities. She couldn't think straight. Then she started to drift and I tried to hold her, but there was nothing to hold on too! My hand actually went right through her. I asked Defia where was she going, she didn't know, the space around her pulled her into another dimension."

Farrah, Lexi, Netty, and York had a puzzled look on their faces after all their journeys had never heard such a story. They looked at Enterprise in awe as she tells the last details of Defia.

"Did you see these creatures like Defia had said?" asked York.

"Yes I did, they came when I became sick and weak, showing symptoms like Defia. They threaten to attack me if I didn't leave at a certain time. The Vulcan stayed because my captain was lost like Defia in another dimension, she took him."

Netty questioned Prise again with a little doubt; "That doesn't make any sense Prise, how did she take your captain if just described her as a ghost?"


"As I said, it's hard to explain, not only was I getting weaker, but the crew was getting sick as well. I respected the Vulcan, he stayed to find my captain." Prise got up and her gown flowed to the floor, and she starts pacing again. As she was pacing and wringing her hands, thinking with doubt.

"Prise, I know this is hard for you to tell us, and please forgive us, just that we never heard such a thing," explained Lexi. She got up and stood next to Prise, and placed her hand on her shoulder.


"Thanks, Lexi, I appreciate that. After all our travels and encounters this one... this one made .. me afraid of the unknown. Seeing what happened to Defia and then the creatures who called themselves Tholians build a web to snag me for trespassing into their space. We did ask to stay to recover my captain, but time ran out."


Prise turned to her sisters and looked at their faces, waiting to be shamed for admitting fear, which no warrior knew or experienced. But Prise did, but instead her sisters surround her and hugged her for her bravery and realized the great risk she had taken.


"We are with you our sister, there is no shame. One time we also have come across great challenges of our faith and character," said York.

"My body continued to fail, they were trying to rebuild my strength, it was hard for me to keep my position when I slipped into I thought was the web. Somehow I was transported to another part of the galaxy and I was able to find my captain."

"How? I thought he was in another dimension or space? Right?" asked Netty.

"I thought so too, Netty. That area of space did something, its unexplainable. But somehow he was transported with me and my captain was saved. But Defia never returned when he did, she's in another part of space and time."
Prise finished her story. She was glad she shared with her sisters because they don't see each other all the time. Plus Prise knew the next mission could be their last, that's why they are so close to each other and celebrate what they have.


York went the counter and grabbed a full pitcher of ale and went to each goblet to fill. The sisters looked at each other and gave a toast to Defia.


"To Defia may you find peace where ever you are," said Farrah.


"We will miss you our sister," added Netty with deep saddness.


York joined in with great sorrow; "We will always have fond memories of you girl,"


"You will go down in the history books as a great warrior," added Lexi as well, feeling the great loss like the others.


"Defia thank you for saving me, and I hope you will find peace where ever you are. Farewell my sister." declared Prise.

They drank again in celebration of another great warrior.

The women grow weary hearing the loss of so many of the sisters. They had fought well for the cause and belief of their makers.

 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: TOS: The Immunity Syndrome[1]

The Tholian Webb[2]

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.