Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

I am Apollo!

 

Lexington got the call to return to duty, she retrieved her sword and shield. She turned to give farewell to her sisters.


"Well Ladies duty calls, I am back on-line and with more adventures to look forward too!" as Lexi positioned her shield across her back and shifted the sword in her hoister around her hips.


Who serves you Lexi?" asked Netty.

"Commodore Wesley services me, he is not bad, mostly ole school tactics."

"Has he been with you long?" continues Netty.

"About 6 years now, he not as good as Enterprise's commander, he's young and ambitious." As Lexi looked at Prise's face showing a hint of jealousy.

"Girl, it was the good goddesses smiling down on me for dealing me that captain!" chuckled Prise.

"Your captain has brought you prestige and glory, Prise." complimented York.

"Yes, there are those who honor you for the deeds you have done," added Netty.

Prise feeling uncomfortable about their praises; "Sisters! We work together as one for the greater good. Throughout history our names have reigned for glory and honor for centuries, as long as humans had created vessels for traveling we will always exist."
Prise didn't want all the attention drawn to her, it often brings jealousy and bitterness. Prise was not into that. Her captain worshiped her, if they knew about their relationship, it would not be good.

"Prise is right!" said "Farrah: "We have been the symbol of our characters and the battles we have won for the greater good."

"Well my sisters, I must go. I hope to see you again with more stories of our adventures." Lexi bowed her head and left to the docking bays.

They rest watched Lexington walk back to the docks and observed her departure through the windows. Lexi was a strong woman and had her own legacy throughout history right next to Enterprise.
York, Netty, Farrah, and Prise were left with Cyg/netty in the waiting area. Farrah turned around from the window and strutted back to her chaise with her long gown trailing her. She picked up her quiver of arrows, her choice of weapon and inspected them.
"I hope to see Lexi again, I hate to see us... go in any manner." Farrah said sorrowfully.

"We were created for war, we were created for a purpose!" added York.

"By the goddesses' themselves, we became the guardians of vessels.' added Netty. "I wonder when we will meet again?"

Prise couldn't say, she met one of those supreme beings once, it didn't end well.

"What are you thinking Prise?" asked York.

Prise turned to her sister York and strolled back to her chaise. "I was thinking about Apollo."

"Awe, the famous war god!" As Netty also left from the window after watching Lexi warp out. She walked back to her chaise as well. "Why are you mentioning him?" Asking curiously.

"I have mixed feelings about him when I met him, he wasn't very nice to me."

"WHAT?": shouted Netty. "YOU MET APOLLO?" Netty couldn't believe what she had heard, Prise met one of the Olympic Gods.

"Are you sure?" asked York. "It... must have been glorious!"

"No, it was not, not like millenniums ago when we were all equal. He was different this time, more lost and vengeful."

Netty, Farrah, and York gave their attention to Prise.

"I wouldn't know if Zeus would have proud about that moment or the goddesses that created us?"
"Tell us what happened Prise?" asked York.

"We were exploring a part of a solar system and a planet was scanned. Then an image of a large hand approached us from the planet, reaching out towards me."

"Now that's weird, just a hand Prise?" asked Farrah.

"Yes, it had no form or body to it. By the time I realized it, that hand had grabbed me stopping right there in space! He had chained me, I was at his mercy." spatted Enterprise.

The sisters saw the hate in Prise's eyes, they never seen that before. But they continued to listen to her story.

"Apollo stood before me, all majestic like he was THEE, God. He told me, that he had every right to stop me, that he was the son of Zeus. I told him that I was a follower of Diana, she commissioned me and my sisters long ago that I only answered to her. That made him angry, and he struck me."

The sisters were in awe that one of the gods actually hit her. Their face changed to shock to disbelief. Prise's face displayed was anger, her eyes became slitted with hate but she continued her story.


"I fell to the ground, I felt stunned for a moment then I got up and stared at him with hate in my eyes. Apollo told me he could crush me with one thought. He was mad because Pan was with me!"

"Pan was with you?" questioned York.

"Yes, he was referring to the Vulcan, the sight of him somehow scared him. Apollo said Pan bored him, the sight of the Vulcan displeased him greatly and Apollo blamed ME." snared Prise. She got up and start pacing across the room.

"We all know that the Vulcans are not a jolly bunch, but no reason to hit you Prise!" snapped Netty.


"Nor tie her up like some cattle!" added Farrah.

"I had to lower my pride it was getting the best of me, I'd calmed down. Because I knew the Vulcan would find a way to set me free from my chains. I was forced to sit at Apollo's feet like some slave, chained to the floor of his podium. I felt so humiliated, never had I felt so low. He had the power to crush me by command. I hoped the others could have seen what Apollo has done to get praise and worship from the humans, but mostly what has happened to me."
Prise was deeply wounded what Apollo had done, the days of old were truly gone, not like it was over 6,000 years ago where the gods reigned on earth with glory.

"It was their jealousy of the one God that did them in, if memory serves me correct," said York.


"Your memory is correct, a new Triune God (A God with no name) emerged to quash Zeus and the others out of history. Explained Farrah. "They faded out on Earth."

"Yes, that's what Apollo had said, he wanted to establish the former glory days, where they reigned on Olympus and men worship them," added Prise. "With me chained, I was helpless to fight, they didn't know how to save me either. Then Apollo was distracted by one of the females from the ship. She fell for his pretty words and praises, she made it worse." spatted Prise.

"Wow, the gods always are drawn to females. Always tricking or seducing them into something." giggled York.


"Yeah, often they fall into their own demise, it's sicking how that happens," added Farrah. "Continue Prise, we wonder how you broke free from your chains."

"Finally the Vulcan came through, he found a weakness in his temple, he waited patiently for his revenge. He waited for the safety of the others first, the Vulcan was able to set me free partially that I could take down Apollo's temple. My spear was fired up and I was able to reach it and fire upon the temple. It weakened, and then Apollo confronted me and demanded to stop. But I continued to destroy the thing that gave him strength, slowly the rest of my chains fell off and I gained the power to battle Apollo. We fought, my shield was able to block his strikes as I continued to take down his temple. Then he started to beg for me to stop. Strange, at first he wanted them as slaves, punishing us for resisting him. Finally, the temple gave, but I was free, and they were free. His face was downcast with hurt and tears in his eyes, Apollo looked at me and asked me why. I told him I was not his slave, and that he chained me against my will. My sisters and I, once we celebrated with the gods and goddesses in the past. I was commissioned by the goddess Diana to serve her and you disrespected her legacy and enslaved me.'

Those days are gone, and I could no longer serve him, they were no longer the gods we served. I told him he had no right to hold me against my will. He looked up into the heavens and called the others, stretched out his arms and begged them to take him. It was then I saw the others, they came forward.

Artemis, Diana, Athena, Ares and Poseidon came forth to receive him, they felt for their lost brother, he tried to restore the things of old. But they knew without the worship and praises from men, they would be forgotten. They took their hurt brother to the Never worlds. Before they left Diana and Poseidon glanced at me for the final time, they both bowed their heads in respect and left with the rest."

"Wow Prise, we no longer serve them, we have changed, we are no longer slaves," said York.

"Now, men worship us, and admires us as we travel throughout space, our names have become legends," said Netty.

"Be careful Hornet, one day you're here, then the next day.... You know," commented Farrah. "What Prise been through was serious, we were once worshipped with the gods."

"We are still apart of them, but different in a way. I am a warrior, I didn't like being held against my WILL! Or treated like a SLAVE!" snapped Prise.

York got up and went to hug Prise. "Prise, I'm sorry for what happened to you out there, we are here for you."


"Yes we are," said Farrah as she and Netty got up to also encase Prise in a hug. They touched heads in support of their hurt sister. Prise felt relief from their embrace, it gave her comfort that they believed and not judged her from the experience with Apollo.

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

TOS:

Who mourns for Adonais?

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.