Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

See the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The Love Affair-Season 1: part 4

Janice POV:

Janice laid in bed crying, she was inconsolable, she had fallen in love with a man she could not have. Other men on the ship pursued her, she flirted with, only to get the one man she desired. Janice was frustrated to no end, she couldn't figure outwho is the other woman that stole Kirk from her. She observed that he was never around anybody else, but his flirtation with women did her in every mission, every woman that encountered Kirk bedded them without a second thought. Janice thought he did it on purpose, and it worked, and she couldn't be second fiddle to anyone. Now Janice resigned as the captain's yeoman, and another one replaced her. Yeoman Tamura was younger than her plus she did a good job. Janice was insulted, but it still hurt the same.
Janice got up and went to her computer console and started typing information, she was at it for 15 minutes. Then sent the file off as top priority, she took a deep breath and did what she had to do. She would leave her post, this ship, and her friends for the sake of her sanity.

Jim Kirk POV:

Jim laid in bed, his arm covering his face in disgust. She was gone, and he didn't blame her, he drove her away. On purpose, he didn't want to hurt her, but he did it anyway, he had to think of his future goals. He had everything planned out, he couldn't have relationships interfering for his quest, but the cost was too great.


Enterprise was my heart and soul, I stand out among the rest because of her. I was allowed to play the harlot with any female of my choice as long as I come back to Enterprise. She now knows that I am totally committed to her, I will never leave now. I sold my soul to her.


Kirk didn't mind that he could never be tied down to any woman in his lifetime, he realized that and Janice was proof of it. Now they are bound to one another, he now knows her thoughts. He has often referenced her "GET MY SHIP OUT OF THERE!" on many missions. But love for a real woman was lost and forbidden to him forever.


Enterprise observed the whole scenario, shaking her head, smiling in the midst of it. She couldn't believe that the human male has submitted to her, willing to give up his personal life to live it with her. Enterprise wonders how long it will last, she knows she exists on the love of men. Her fighting power lies in the soul of those are willing to use her to the utmost, she didn't realize Kirk went all lengths to get the glory and recognition.


A few weeks later, Janice Rand was gone. Her last days were spent in the arms of Uhura, crying her last tears for Kirk. Kirk not knowing the hurt that he has caused to her.

"What hurts the most Nyota, is the way he flaunts other women in my face." wiping tears and barely audible.

"What did I do wrong? I was professional as I could be, not too many people knew where we stood? You were the only one, and I trust you. I just don't get it, ... just don't."

Uhura knowing the captain a little longer based his life on his command, she also knows that Kirk loved to seduce women of any race. He had picked up a reputation as a womanizer. Women actually threw themselves at Kirk knowing his background, what fame and glory would do to a person.

"Jan, I think it's best. You deserve better than this, why would you want a man who'd sleep with everyone or thing. Mind you, Captain Kirk knows his job and does it well, he's the best in the fleet. That kind of makes him a little... egotistic."

Janice looks up at Nyota, with her swollen face, streaked with tears. Burst out laughing, Uhura joined in.

"Thank you, Thank you so much. I'll miss you Nyota."

There was no fanfare when Janice Rand left the Enterprise, only the two transporter technicians, Uhura and Sulu sent her off to her next mission.


Enterprise laid back in her chaise with another goblet of ale, her battle shield and staff laid close by. She sipped to Kirk's conquest of women that followed Rand, another blond woman replaced her, she was younger more fairer. Theresa Ross didn't have a chance, she too tried to woo the captain, and he fell for her beauty and blue eyes. The poor woman fell into a void of countless women that Kirk used. But when the Enterprise was in trouble they were quickly forgotten. Kirk's number one mission is to protect the Enterprise, his prize possession, his one and only.
Enterprise couldn't stand the damsel in distress from the female crew, it irked her to no end. Women should be more independent, strong, self- sufficient and Enterprise never saw it, except for one female in particular. She demonstrated more guts, and Enterprise and Cygnet liked Uhura because of her intelligence. She was a professional in her field and did it well.

Then one day on a fatal mission, Kirk returned back different. His heart was broken by a female from Earth's past. He mourned Edith Keeler deeply, Enterprise never saw him like that. His playboy life stopped, and he restrained himself from his addiction. He didn't even talk to Enterprise for several months. Something has changed, and for the first time, Enterprise was stunned and alone. She missed his presence, their next several mission was less invasive and Kirk kept to himself, and this bothered Enterprise.
Enterprise paced with her shield mounted across her back, and her spear giving her balance as she walked. She was in great concern that Kirk had forgotten her,

"He promised me that he would love me
He promised me to give me his soul and
I was HIS one and only."

Enterprise huffed in disgust;
"I will find another way to draw his attention back to me."

She did, she drew her attention to the two other men in her life. Scotty who worshipped her and Spock.

 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Star Trek:TOS

City on the Edge of Forever.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.