Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello again! Once again thank you all for reading and reviewing. I accidentally deleted a review where they questioned what was going on with Gunnar, all I can tell you is stay tuned there's more to come. I won't keep you any longer. I hope you enjoy this update! 

Song Inspiration:

"Mister Chameleon" by We Are KING

"A Moment" by Riley

"Scars To Your Beautiful" by Alessia Cara 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The rest of the week went by too fast. I basically kept myself locked up in my childhood bedroom and had the twins stay with Bianca and Harry, where I knew there’d be more security until I could get a handle on things with Montell and be done with this stupid wedding. 


I would still be in bed right now had it not been for my mother literally pouring a bucket of ice cold water on me and telling me to shake it off. When I explained everything to her she understood, but told me I needed to handle things one at a time otherwise I’d find myself back in my bed in the city with the girls still here in Laurel Springs with them until I got myself together. 


So my to do list at the moment was looking pretty straightforward

 

 

  1. Get through this wedding
  2. Find out what Montell was up to and figure out how to keep him away because I knew a restraining order, to him, would mean nothing 
  3. Finish my album
  4. Get over Gunnar Brock

 

You’re supposed to save the hard stuff for last, right?

********************************


Montgomery Estate - Wedding Ceremony Rehearsal - Garden - Sunday Evening 


“Everyone, thank y’all so much for being here on time,” Daisy began. “Now if you will all be so kind enough to listen to our wedding planner, Ms. Francine, will give us direction on who your wedding partners are. A lot of money has been put into this wedding and I don’t want any of you spoiling my day. Ms. Francine, take it away,” She smiled, hanging on to Isaac’s arm. Daisy wore a white flowing off the shoulder bohemian style dress that stopped mid thigh. Her honey blonde hair was in loose curls. 


“Lord, if You’re merciful, like I know You are, could You please make my partner anybody but him?” I prayed aloud. I didn’t have any marks or scars on my face from when Montell hit me, but to avoid eye contact with people and to deter them from looking too close at me, my eyes were covered with my black Ray-Ban sunglasses and I had put on a black leather baseball cap backwards. I wore a sleeveless black jersey dress that stopped right above my knees and layered it with an oversized camouflage jacket. And finished the look with a pair of all black Doc Martens boots. It was nothing to write home about. I was comfortable and that’s the best I could do at the moment. 


“Gwendolyn, the Maid of Honor will obviously walk with the Best Man, Isaiah. Callie and Matthew. Leslie and Philip. Island and Gunnar. And finally Sophia and Irvin,” The wedding planner read from her itinerary. 


Though I had to stand behind him in line, I’d take it. “That's why You’re the GOAT,” I whispered, looking up to the sky. 


“Hi, I’m Irvin. You can call me Vin.”


Looking in the face of my wedding partner, I realized he was clearly still a teenager. He had braces, a little bit of acne and he was clearly trying to use his newfound deep voice to impress me. 


“Boy, if you don’t quit playing,” Island came behind him and hit him on the back of his head. 


“Ow!” Came a high pitched sound from the teen. 


“Sophia, this is our younger brother, Vin. Don’t let him fool you. He’s 17 and a good boy who will be going off to college in the fall,” island introduced us. 


I grinned. “It’s nice to meet you,” I stretched my hand out to him. 


“Man, Island. You ruined my chance at trying to win this beautiful lady over,” he grumbled and shook my hand. 


“Don’t worry about it,” I offered. “I’m off the market anyway.”


“You got a man?” He asked. 


“No, but I won’t be dating anyone younger or my age for a long time.”


“With an unruly baby daddy and rambunctious set of twins, I understand why you don’t want to put anyone through that,” Jacqueline chided, walking up to us. 


“Ahh, the legend herself! If only I can be like you and figure out how you poisoned your exes, I could do the same and finally get my millionaire too.”


“Aim lower, dear. You’d be lucky if you got a sanitation worker, because a high school football coach doesn’t even want you back.” She retorted. 


I laughed dryly, “You know, I still have time on my side being a lot younger than you. You, on the other hand, are getting closer to being joined in unholy matrimony with your true match made in Hell.”


“At least that’s one more person who wants me more than you,” she said, taking a drink from what was probably her fifth glass of wine. She strolled away. 


I was about to snatch the function alcoholic's wig off her head, but Leslie came and stood right in front of me. “Sophia, did I tell you how happy I am that you and Callie are here with me? I wouldn’t have been able to get through this without you,” her eyes twinkled. 


Her gratitude wasn’t working on me. I was numb and heated, still planning ways to help speed up the progress of not only Daisy’s demise, but Jacqueline’s too. 


“You and the girls being here longer made me think that maybe you all can move back home,” she suggested innocently. 


I chuckled. “That’s a good one, Les. I hate this town. If it weren’t for you, our sisters and parents I would never come back here. This place is nothing but bad news!”


Leslie’s eyes went wide and were watery. I could tell I’d hurt her feelings. I was telling the truth though. If you aren’t rich or have a certain profession, you’re a nobody in Laurel Springs. Though my parents weren’t filthy rich they were definitely far from poor. My dad was a lawyer and my mom was a professor. They both had lucrative careers. But they didn’t come from old money, which was what truly set families apart. 


I wasn’t ashamed of my family, however, I was tired of people treating us like bottom feeders. We weren’t less than anybody. And neither were my daughters just because I had them out of wedlock. 


Callie stepped in, “Leslie, ignore her. You know she’s a little stressed right now. She has a lot to deal with, trying to get her to come back isn’t a good idea right now,” she glared over to her left looking at the culprit who was trying to act like he had nothing to do with my anger. “Give her some time. Who knows she may change her mind.” Callie offered with a kind smile. 


After taking a few deep breaths, I apologized to my sister. “Leslie, you didn’t deserve that rant. I’m just losing my mind right now.”


“Trust me, I know.” She said looking back at the engaged couple kissing awkwardly. 


“Alright, how about we get through this rehearsal and get drunk at the dinner tonight, since Isaac’s footing the bill again?  Leslie and I took off this entire week so we all can really let loose.” Island offered. 


“Best idea, ever!” I exclaimed. 


We all went to go take our places to begin the run through and it was needless to say this wedding was going to be all types of extras. I’m talking dove releases, bubbles and smoke machines, horses and carriages, four wedding dress changes, ice sculptures, tents, water and lights show, fireworks, a 10-foot cake and extravagant candle and flower decorations. 


**********************************


Island’s home - Monday Morning - Guest Room


After multiple kicks to my shin I was awoken from my sleep thanks to a wild sleeping Callie. I sat up, instantly regretting it. It was safe to say we overdid it with the lemon drop shots. But we sure had a lot of fun last night. All I can remember is a mechanical bull, bad karaoke and multiple dance partners.


Daisy kept reminding us bridesmaids that we were on wedding favor assembly duties the next day while she, Isaac, Gwen and Jacqueline did a final cake testing. “Sounds good, Paisley.” Island had been calling Daisy Paisley all night. 


I wasn’t quite sure if it was to annoy her future sister in law or if she was drunk and her slurred speech was the cause. Either way we took to it and began calling her Paisley for the rest of the night too, even sweet darling Gwendolyn slipped up a time or two. Daisy was too scared of the repercussions if she challenged Island, so her jaws were tight for the rest of the night, I could tell she was ready to say something slick, but she couldn’t ruin her image. Good times. 


I felt the bed moving. I looked behind me slowly. Callie was waking up. “Never again,” she groaned. 


There was a knock on the door and then Island’s head popped in. “Rise and shine sleepy heads. We need to get ready to put these stupid wedding favors together this afternoon.”


“You'd think with the money her mother just got, they could afford to have favors that a company already glued and tied together,” I grumbled. 


“And have Daisy lose her faithful servants? Yeah right,” Callie answered. 


“Good morning, sisters,” Leslie entered the room with a chirpy attitude. 


“How are you two not affected by the amount of liquor we drank?” I asked frustrated. 


“I told you I wasn’t going to try to keep up with y’all. Island, over here, has a high tolerance, I kept trying to warn you both, but you both said you were grown women and could hold your own,” Leslie smiled innocently. “Besides that, you two needed a good time and to truly let loose.”


“Well, that’s the last time I’m doing that. We’re too old for this,” I whined. 


“Speak for yourself. I’m still young,” Callie rebutted. 


“Only by 15 months,” I replied. “You’re old too.”


“What’s for breakfast?” Callie inquired, ignoring my last statement. 


“Bacon, eggs, grits and biscuits.” Leslie informed us. 


“I put new toothbrushes and towels on the sink for you both. Leslie also picked up some clothes from your parents house this morning for you both,” Island announced. 


“Thank you,” we said in unison. 


“No problem, we’ll see you downstairs.” They both left the room leaving Callie and I to gather ourselves. 


“Callie, when this wedding is over, the girls and I are not going back to the city.”


“Excuse me?” She asked, sitting up slowly. 


I shrugged my shoulders. “Eden, Aspen and I are leaving for a while. Somewhere, that’s far away from here and the city. I need to keep Montell away from us. He’s desperate for money and he sees the twins as a lottery ticket. If he could easily hit me because he was mad, imagine what more he would try if he thought I was getting in the way of a potential cash flow. I can’t stay here too much longer.”


“Sophie, you know I know people. And though you’re mad at him I know Gunnar would help—”


I held my hand up to stop her. “Don’t even go there. I don’t want, nor do I need anything from that liar. He would only make things worse and I don’t want the girls falling for his tricks either,” I told my sister firmly. 


“When we’re gone, I’ll keep in contact with you, but do not tell anybody the reason why. Okay?”


“Fine, but the minute I think things are starting to go left, I’m singing like a canary,” she warned. 


“Fine,” I conceded.  


**********************


Montgomery Estate - A Few Hours Later - Kitchen


“I can’t believe we are seriously doing this!” Island fumed. 


“To be honest,” Leslie chimed in. “It could be worse.”


Island stopped what she was doing to pay full attention to her best friend. “Les, we’re in hair nets and aprons, dipping strawberries into chocolate and decorating them with sprinkles and shit!”


Callie burst with laughter. “Sprinkles and shit. That sounds like it could be one of the coolest bakeries ever!”


“It could be,” I said. “But I highly doubt people would patronize simply because they don’t want to purchase their food from a place that has the word ‘shit’ in it.”


“Yeah, but what if it is the shit?” She asked. 


“Shut up,” I rolled my eyes. 


“I’m just saying. Don’t be surprised if you see me in the future with a bakery called S&S,” Callie shrugged. 


“You two definitely live up to the shenanigans your sister tells me about,” Leslie stated. 


We smiled at her and continued to work again. “Leslie, back to you. What could be worse than this.”


Leslie looked over to the kitchen door.


“You call this cake? It’s dry as a sponge. Are you trying to kill my daughter, future son in law and their guests?!” Jacqueline berated the pastry chef. “Answer me!”


“That,” Callie answered. 


“In that case, hand me more strawberries.”


We heard footsteps coming through the door and sniffling. “And don’t come back in here until you can mind your business and take constructive criticisms like a woman!” Jacqueline yelled. 


Gwen stood in the corner of the kitchen trying, yet miserably failing, to get herself together. “I don’t use the word ‘hate,’ when it comes to people because it’s such a strong word, but I hate that old bat,” she cried into her hands. 


The four of us stared at each other, willing someone to step up and offer their shoulder. In this case it was lucky souls to diffuse the situation. I guess it was my dumb idea to be here, so I had to take one for the team. First, I grabbed some tissue and a bottle of water from the refrigerator, then I went over to Gwen and gave her a hug and talked to her like she was one of the twins. “Oh, Gwen,” I coddled the woman, giving her a hug and handed her the tissue. “Are you having a rough day, darlin’?”


Callie shook her head. “Normally, I can take the harsh words that Jacqueline throws at me. All I said was that the chef is doing their best and there was no need to be so harsh to them. Then she starts going off on me. She is such a bitch!” Suddenly her eyes got wide and she looked over at the other three bridesmaids staring at her in shock. I could tell she was about to shut down. I needed her to open up and make her feel like we were all on the same page. 


“Ladies,” I addressed them sweetly. “Do you mind giving us a moment?” Still frozen in their spots, I gave them the evil eye to beat it. They clearly took a hint and left the room. 


“Thanks,” Gwen gave a watery smile.


“You’re welcome. Now, let’s sit down and drink some water to keep those tears in check,” I said as I offered her the bottle. “We know Jacqueline isn’t the easiest to deal with and I see it doesn’t usually phase you, so what’s the difference now?” I asked with concern. 


“Handling Jacqueline is one thing, but when you throw in Daisy when she’s upset, into the mix, it gets to be too much. If I’m completely honest I don’t know how Isaac still picked her over your sister; with or without a contract. They'll get what’s coming to them one day.” She mumbled the last sentence with a dark look on her face.


“Excuse me?”


She instantly perked back up. “Oh, nothing. All this wedding planning is driving me crazy. I’m not the one getting married, so why am I the one so stressed out? As long as Daisy’s happy, that’s all that matters.”


“No. Your happiness is just as important even if you aren’t the bride. You can’t keep letting them walk all over you. You’re a nice girl, you don’t deserve their mistreatment.”


“Thanks for saying that. And I’m sorry about the other day. Daisy said you loved all things aquatic, so when you asked me to stop splashing you, I thought you were being bashful for the camera. I just wanted everybody to have a good time,” she said ashamed. 


“It’s okay. I apologize for the way I reacted. I took it too far.” I said honestly. 


“No, I would’ve done the same thing if I were you.”


I laughed  “Yeah right. You and Leslie both have the good girl gene.” She looked like she was about to deny it. “That’s not a bad thing, you know? If I can offer you some advice, don’t let people take advantage just because you’re nice. Alright?”


Gwen nodded. 


“Good, now go in there and be the best, bright and sunny Gwendolyn that they have ever seen. And don’t you dare let them make you cry ever again!”


“Okay!” Gwen jumped up from her seat and ran back into the cake tasting. 


The girls came back into the kitchen. “How’d it go?” Callie inquired. 


“It was fine. We just cleared some things up.” I rose from my seat and headed back to the counter so we could finish the strawberries. Daisy really pulled the rug from under us with this assignment. 


She had better enjoy it while it lasts.
























Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? Sophia is definitely has a lot going on. Hope you enjoyed it. 

Stay Safe and Healthy! 🥰







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.