Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


FOUR

December 20th 2019

Sabrina wished she could say she was surprised when pulled up to Piero's lovely suburban home. The man made good money so it wasn't a surprise he lived the way he did. The drive all the way up to Royersford took almost an hour but at least Trent wasn't on her trail at least for right now.

The neighborhood Piero lived in was gorgeous and houses were decorated for Christmas and looked pretty all lit up. Demetria had fallen asleep during the forty-minute drive. It was ten-thirty so well past her bedtime.

Piero was waiting on the porch and came down to meet the tired mother and child.

Just as Sabrina was about to wake Demetria; Piero stopped her

"It's okay," he whispered unbuckling Demetria from the backseat "it's late I can put Demi in Ellie's room; no need to wake her"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive" Piero reassured "her bed is big enough"

"Okay"

Sabrina watched Piero scoop Demetria up in his arms and a few tears rolled down her face. It had already been an emotional night but seeing Piero cradle her child in his arms made her heart pitter-patter. Sabrina honestly couldn't recall Trent ever holding Demetria that way; even when she was a baby.

The interior of the house was warm and welcoming. Piero helped Sabrina get Demetria as comfortable as possible for bed; getting her coat and boots off. The little girl was gently placed on the other side of Noelle who was equally fast asleep. It was precious.

"Don't be surprised if you hear giggling and shrieking in morning" Piero chuckled closing the bedroom door

"They'll be so happy to see each other" Sabrina agreed, "Demi wanted to bring half her toy chest...."

Piero caught Sabrina's free falling tear before it even got down her cheek.

"I'm sorry I just----"

"It's okay" he reassured "that must have been scary for you"

"Trent's never acted like that before"

"You're safe now Sabrina" he said, "let's get you settled too okay? Would you like a cup of tea? I put a pot of water on the stove for you"

"Yes I'd like that"

 

"....Thank you Officer"

"What did they say?"

"Apparently there's a warrant out for arrest for Trent Jackson" Piero said "the police were already aware of him so this will definitely have them be on alert"

Sabrina nodded as she twirled her spoon around in her cup of tea as Piero leaned in on the island table across from her to get direct eye contact from her. She was avoiding his eyes on purpose.

"Sabrina look at me" he said gently "did you really only agree to come on this vacation to get away from Trent?"

"I know it's not a good look---"

"No Sabrina what's not a good look is you not being honest with me from the start" Piero said "I would have gladly helped you just like I'm helping you now"

"I didn't want to.... I....well you didn't have to"

"Just like you didn't have to stop me from jumping out of that window"

Sabrina blushed "That's not the same though"

"You still showed that you cared"

"I guess....I um....well I know the girls are going to have a fun time" Sabrina said taking a sip of her tea

"They're going to have a wonderful time" Piero reassured "I'm just hoping you don't plan on using them as a shield from me"

Sabrina knew exactly what Piero meant by that; but she tried to deflect once more

"Would have invited any other woman from the office?"

"No"

"Really? Why not?"

"They aren't you Miss Ellis"

"Would you have taken your wife Valentina?"

"Yes I would have" Piero replied "in fact we had planned on going as soon as Ellie turned four or so; that way she'd be old enough to remember"

"So basically this Christmas?"

"Yes"

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay I see Valentina in Ellie everyday" Piero chuckled "I'm just her dad"

Sabrina smiled "She's very lucky to have you"

"I have you to thank for that because if I had jumped she wouldn't"

"Are we going to spend the whole trip walking on eggshells?"

"I was just about ask you the same" Piero said leaning in a little closer "I want you to have a good time Sabrina"

"I'll try"

"I don't want you worrying about this Trent guy either"

"I want Demi to have her father in her life it's just that---"

"He doesn't love her Sabrina" Piero cut her off gently "no father who loves his child would have threatened to take her away just to get you upset"

Piero was right. Sabrina knew Trent didn't love Demetria but she supposed she needed to hear it from someone else for it to really sink in.

Sabrina tried fighting back a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Yes"

"I have an extra bedroom"

"You do?"

"It's a big house" Piero admitted "Valetina and I planned on having more children than Ellie; we were trying for another child before the accident"

"It will happen someday"

"I hope so I have to get to know the right woman first"

Sabrina immediately looked back down into her cup of tea again only to find it empty.........surly that wasn't a nod towards her was it?

"You can have some more tea in the morning for breakfast since it was so good" Piero teased her a little

After putting their mugs in the dishwasher Piero helped Sabrina get her overnight bag up to the spare bedroom and wished each other a goodnight.

"Get some rest Sabrina"

"Thanks Piero"

Piero was thankful that the guest room was way on the other end of the hall.

At the same time he wished that he could just take Sabrina into his room and hold her close and comfort her through the night.

Holding her close and comforting her by Piero's definition would involve having Sabrina's legs wrapped firmly around his waist and listening to her moan his name in pleasure.

It was best for him not to count his eggs before they hatch.

 

December 21st 2019

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

"Mommy!"

Sabrina was awakened by her daughter's constant finger jabbing and calling

Just like Piero predicted the girls were up and giggling together. Although she was tired Sabrina still greeted Demetria and Noelle with a smile.

"Mommy I woke up and found Ellie in my bed!"

"No I woke up and found Demi in my bed!"

"Good morning girls" Sabrina chuckled

"Demi let's go brush our teeth" Noelle said gently tugging Demetria's arm.

"Brush your teeth girls" Piero said who was standing in the door frame "breakfast is already going"

"Okay Daddy"

The girls scampered off down the hall to the bathroom and Piero turned to Sabrina

"I got some more of that tea going for you"

"Thanks I'm surprised the girls are up so early it's not even nine yet"

"Yeah but that's a good thing as soon as we're done breakfast we can get going" Piero explained "we can probably be at the cabin by one or two this afternoon"

"Oh okay"

"Did you sleep okay?"

"A little"

Piero was willing to bet Sabrina would have slept better with him.

"A good night sleep up in the mountains is very relaxing; especially this time of year"

Sabrina nodded

"It will help get your mind off of Trent"

"I know it's just that.... I still have to look for a new place for Demi and I to live---"

"Maybe you two could just live here"

"Piero don't be silly"

"Never say never Miss Ellis"

Sabrina blushed and decided to change the subject "I'm going to freshen up"

"Okay breakfast should be ready in about twenty minutes"

 

The breakfast Pier prepared was amazing. Fluffy pancakes and sausages for the girls and omelettes and toast for the adults. The girls were still going on and on talking about things that little girls loved like Disney princesses and Santa Claus

"Ellie chew with your mouth closed" Pier reminded his daughter

"You too Demi" Sabrina did the same.

"Daddy I was telling Demi how Santa was going to find us" Noelle said

"If Santa can find us I hope my daddy can too" Demetria said, "I wish he was coming with us but he got mad at me and my mommy and chased us"

"Why would your daddy do that?" Noelle asked innocently

"I don't know"

Sabrina didn't know what to say and Piero chimed in

"Demi you're going to have so much fun" he said "have you ever been on a sleigh ride before?"

"With horses?"

"Yup"

"No but I want to"

"That's what we're doing on Christmas Eve"

"Christmas Eve is my birthday!" Demetria lit up at that

"It's my birthday too!" Noelle chimed in as well "I'm going to be four!"

"I'm going to be five!"

The girls continued to chatter happily amongst themselves now their upcoming birthday and Sabrina looked over at Pier and he gave her a reassuring smile.

"Thanks"

"No problem" he replied "she doesn't need to be worried about him and neither do you; once we leave this house and get packed into my truck we don't have to mention him for the next week"

"Okay"

 

Sabrina felt cozy in the passenger side of Piero's Ram truck and hearing Demetria laugh and giggle in the back with Noelle gave her comfort.

She knew Piero told her not to worry about Trent but the reality was this Christmas vacation wasn't going to last forever; and she would eventually have to figure out what she was going to do.

"The cabin isn't that far from a little town" Piero spoke up "I figured after we get there and get settled we could take the girls to go pick out a tree"

"Oh they still have trees available four days before Christmas"

"Of course in the mountains there's access to plenty of freshly chopped trees" Piero explained "I have some ornaments at the cabin; we can decorate the tree with the girls before their bedtime"

"They'll love that"

"There's also a little toy shop in that town too we can take the girls there to pick out a present for their birthday after the sleigh ride"

"I guess that comes with the territory of having children born on Christmas Eve"

"Funny how that works"

"Piero how are we going to make Santa work? I haven't been able to go Christmas shopping at all---"

"Shh" Piero warned her gently "I got it all under control; I'll show you after the girls go to bed"

Sabrina nodded; Piero was just full of surprises and surprises.

 

The cabin was gorgeous and looked like it was something out of a Thomas Kinkade painting. Sabrina stood in awe as the girls quickly ran up to the front porch to look at the plastic reindeer by the door.

"Breathtaking isn't it?"

"It's beautiful"

"Even more so in the snow" Piero chuckled "come on I'll show you inside"

It was like coming home the minute they all entered the cabin. Sunlight spilled into main living room from from the huge window that overlooked the forest and the mountains. A cozy fireplace with a tall stone foundation with that had a flat screen television over the oven. A green furniture set with thick red blankets the perfect Christmas colors.

There was a catwalk on the second floor that overlooked the living room. It was perfect for two little girls who would be looking down from it with excitement come Christmas morning.

The living room led to a small dining room with a chandelier made from deer antlers adorned with garland. A modern kitchen with an electric stove and a fully stocked fridge; it even had four cartons of eggnog.

There were three bedrooms. A main bedroom, a room for the girls, which had a bunk bed set, and a guest room. Overall it was a pretty decent cabin. Rustic enough to rough it in the mountains but also modernized to enjoy things like watching holiday movies on the television above the fireplace.

"I want the top!" Noelle said already claiming the top bunk as she claimed the thick log like ladder

"You can have it" Demetria said squeezing Sabrina's hand "it's too high and scary"

"No it's not Demi come on"

Demetria shook her head confirming her preference to have the bottom bunk.

"Alright bunk climber" Piero chuckled reaching out to gather Noelle and bring her back down "let's go get us a Christmas tree"

"Yay!"

The girls scampered out of the room and made their way down the hall along the catwalk.

"Well at least we know the girls like their room" Sabrina said "and the beds"

"And how about you Sabrina do you like your room?" Piero asked

"It's cozy"

Piero could see the slight blush rise in Sabrina's pretty brown cheeks and he was willingly to bet it would be even cozier if they were sharing a room. He swore he was going to have a major case of blue balls for the majority of the week.

He wanted Sabrina in every way but he was going to wait for her. Piero definitely didn't anticipate Sabrina being in that guest room for long as they were in for some long winter nights ahead of them.

 

Sabrina was amazed at how generous and nice Piero was. It must be the Christmas spirit. Both Demetria and Noelle found a tree they loved at the tree lot and instead of making the girls choose he brought both of the trees.

Sabrina could understand Piero paying for Noelle's tree but Demetria was her daughter; so when Sabrina tried to pull out her wallet Piero stopped her.

"I got it Sabrina"

"Piero I can't let you pay for Demi's tree too"

"Yes you can and you will" Piero said gently "I got it Sabrina besides we have at least three containers of ornaments might as well put them to good use"

They definitely were lucky little girls as the other children at the tree lot had parents who would only allow them to have one tree; then again most of the other children had birthdays that weren't right on top of Christmas.

The first night at the cabin was nice and cozy, as Piero had made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, which the girls loved, and they began to decorate the trees.

The girls talked about how surprised Santa would be to see two trees and they also talked about all the goodies they were going to leave for Santa too.

"Does Santa like chocolate chip or sugar cookies?" Demetria wondered

"Chocolate chip" Noelle said "but my daddy likes sugar so maybe Santa will too"

"Let's leave out both"

"Yeah"

"Santa's going to get a tummy ache eating all those cookies" Sabrina chuckled

"He'll be okay Mommy" Demetria insisted, "Santa loves cookies"

"Don't forget milk too," Noelle added, "we should have some cookies for the reindeer"

"Reindeer don't like cookies" Piero pointed out "they like vegetables like carrots"

Demetria and Noelle scrunched up their little faces at the mention of vegetables.

"Alright you two little elves just a few more ornaments and I think it's bedtime," Piero said

"But Daddy we want to finish tonight" Noelle said

"You'll both have time to finish tomorrow Ellie Ladybug"

 

Once the girls were put to bed and fast asleep it was going on ten o clock. Sabrina found herself getting a little tired. It had definitely been a rather eventful twenty-four hours.

"Piero I think I'm going to call it a night too"

"I have something I want to show you first"

"Another surprise?"

"Oh you're going to be quite surprised Miss Ellis"

Sabrina followed Piero down to the basement where the firewood was stored and her mouth immediately fell open.

Piled up next to the firewood were a mass amount of toys, games, and stuffed animals. There were so many that all couldn't possibly be for just Noelle...

"Piero....I...I don't know what to say"

"Well you did ask me how we were going to make Santa work"

"Piero you made Santa work" Sabrina smiled tears now falling down her cheeks "I didn't do anything"

"You did a lot Sabrina" Piero said sincerely "all of this wouldn't be possible without you"

Sabrina knew Piero was referring to saving him from jumping out the window and she was touched; but she also tried to humble the situation.

"Piero you didn't have to buy Demi's Christmas presents" Sabrina said, "I'm pretty sure shopping for Ellie was a lot already"

"She deserves it" Piero insisted, "she's a good kid"

Sabrina was moved by the love that Piero was showing her daughter; it's not like Trent ever went out of his way to do something like this for Demetria.

Piero gently squeezed Sabrina's hand and whispered

"You deserve it too Brina"

Did he just call her Brina?

That sounded a little too intimate. Looking into Piero's eyes Sabrina swore the color got slightly darker.

"... thanks Piero" she said "I um.... I guess you're going to need help wrapping them?"

"I could use all the help I can get" Piero chuckled "we don't have to start tonight if you're too tired but we only have three more nights until Christmas"

"We'll have to make sure the girls are actually asleep each night first" Sabrina laughed "but sounds like a plan"

"A plan" Piero agreed. He would definitely have to be more careful with calling Sabrina "Brina" it was definitely too soon. At the same time Piero found himself becoming more and more drawn into Sabrina.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.