Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


THREE

December 20th 2019

Sabrina folded up another one of her favorite sweaters and placed it in her suitcase. She folded another set of Demetria's pajamas into her little suitcase.

Most of the packing was finished so that tomorrow morning would be light packing.

Sabrina really hoped that this vacation would be what she and her daughter needed.

Although the only reason why she agreed to Piero's invitation was to get away from Trent. After Trent showed up to her apartment door the other day; Sabrina was already looking for another apartment to move in come new year.

She scared for both her safety and Demetria's. Sabrina had already explained to her daughter that they would be going on a winter wonderland trip for her birthday and Christmas. At first Demetria didn't want to go but the minute Sabrina mentioned Noelle she was on board.

"Ellie is coming too?!?"

Sabrina chuckled at the way Demetria's eyes lit up

"Yes Ellie is coming too" Sabrina confirmed, "her daddy invited both of us"

"I'm going to bring all my favorite games!"

"Well don't pack all your games" Sabrina told her "between your birthday and Christmas there will be plenty of toys and games"

It was getting late. Well it was only 8:30 but Demetria knew that in a half hour it would be her bedtime.

"Demi" Sabrina called out to her daughter who was parked in front of the television in the living room watching Princess and the Frog once again "Demi come on baby let's get your teeth brushed and get you ready for bed"

"Okay Mommy"

Sabrina went into the bathroom to get Demetria's stepstool ready at the sink when she hear her daughter talking on the phone.

"Hi Daddy!"

"Hey Demi"

Sabrina's heart dropped. She had told Demetria numerous times to never answer the phone but she was more annoyed with how Trent somehow got her number. She immediately raced out to the living room.

"Daddy guess what?"

"What?"

"Mommy and I are going to the Pogo mountains"

"You mean Pocono mountains"

"Yeah"

"Why are you going up there?"

"Mommy's boss invited us---"

"Mommy's boss?"

"Yeah do you want to come too Daddy? I can ask---"

Sabrina gently took the phone out of Demetria's hands and told her to go brush her teeth. She waited until Demetria was out of earshot before addressing Trent.

"How the hell did you get this number?"

"My mother" Trent said "said she's been trying to call you but you won't pick up she wants to see her granddaughter"

"Does she know that her granddaughter has an asshole for a father?"

"Since you want to play that game maybe you want to tell my mother how you plan on taking her granddaughter to some damn mountain with some stranger"

"That's not your concern Trent"

"The hell it ain't!" Trent spat back "your boss Sabrina? Really? Isn't he white? Are you fucking him---"

"No I'm not Trent but even if I was we're divorced and it would have nothing to do with you"

"You can be a white man's whore all you want" Trent said "don't be taking my daughter up to no damn mountain"

"You don't have a say in this Trent"

"I'm coming to get her"

"No you're not!"

"Think I won't? I'll be there in thirty minutes"

Trent hung up the phone and Sabrina felt her heart jump. Trent meant business and he knew that her weakness was Demetria.

She had to move fast now.

Sabrina dashed back to her bedroom and thanked God that most of the packing was finished. She could always stop and get toiletries and things of that nature but she really had to move it. She zipped up both the suitcases and grabbed her keys.

"Demi baby let's go," Sabrina said returning to the bathroom to see Demetria still brushing her teeth "let's get your coat on"

"Mommy I'm still brushing my teeth"

"I know" Sabrina said trying to keep calm "but sweetie we have to go---"

"Go where? I thought it was bedtime"

"It is" Sabrina reassured "we're just going to sleep somewhere else tonight okay"

"Okay" Demetria said as she put her arms in the sleeves of her purple coat

"Get your boots on and I'll tie them"

"Mommy I'm a big girl I can tie them myself"

"I know you can but Mommy is pressed for time"

"What's pressed for time mean?"

"It means Mommy has to move really fast" 

Demetria frowned a little; she didn't understand why she was in her pajamas with her coat and winter boots on.

"Are you okay Mommy?"

"I'm fine Demi" Sabrina said as calmly as she could "Mommy just needs to think"

"Why can't we sleep here?"

"Because we can't"

"Why?"

"Demetria Tamara Ellis" Sabrina gently scolded her "hush please let Mommy think and wait by the door okay"

"Okay"

Sabrina didn't mean to get cross with Demetria but she had to get them out of here as soon as possible. Sabrina needed to get all of their items together because this could very well be the last time they'd ever come back to this apartment.

With that in mind Sabrina got the safe box that contained all of Demetria's medical records, birth certificate, social security card etc. It included Sabrina's information as well. She gathered all of the luggage, took Demetria's hand, and locked the apartment door.

Sabrina even took the spare key that was under the front door mat because she didn't want Trent getting into the apartment at all. Rushing out into the cold December night air to her car; Sabrina immediately put Demetria in her car seat and told her to buckle up.

Demetria now sensing and knowing her mother's urgency did as she was told and Sabrina gave her favorite doll to hold to keep her calm. Sabrina quickly put both of their suitcases in the trunk and was ready to go. Just as she was pulling off much to her confirmed fear Trent was pulling into the parking lot as well.

Sabrina put her car in reverse immediately as Trent got out of his car and he yelled out at her.

"SABRINA!" he shouted "GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!"

"Mommy it's Daddy!" Demetria squealed from the back seat scared now

"I know baby just sit tight for me okay?"

"BITCH!"

"Daddy said a bad word Mommy!" Demetria continued her back seat report

Sabrina hit the gas hard as soon as she backed out of the parking space to leave and Trent got back in his car to follow her.

Sabrina was probably breaking a lot of speed limit laws but she had to get away from Trent. Luckily she eventually lost him in traffic and she made her way to the nearest gas station on the other side of town.

Once there Sabrina checked on Demetria and made sure she was okay and apologized to her for becoming upset with her. Demetria simply accepted her mother's apology and said, "It's okay Mommy you were pressed for time"

Sabrina smiled weakly and kissed Demetria on the forehead

"Mommy?"

"Yes Demi?"

"Why was Daddy chasing us and calling you a bad word?"

"It's nothing for you to worry about let Mommy handle that"

"Is Daddy mad at us?"

"Just me baby" Sabrina said, "Daddy is mad at me but I can handle it"

Demetria nodded although she was still unsure

"Mommy has to get some gas and make a phone call; do you want a pretzel?"

"Yeah with extra mustard"

"Extra mustard it is then Miss Demi"

Once Sabrina got a full tank of gas and got Demetria her pretzel from the gas stations mini mart; she leaned against the hood of her car to call the one person she believed could help her now.

 

"Daddy how will Santa find us if we're not here for Christmas?"

"Santa will find us Ellie trust me"

"He will?"

"He will"

Noelle Valentina Morrone gave her father a skeptical look and Piero couldn't help but chuckle at his daughter's face

"Santa always come to our house though" she tried to make sense of the situation

"And this year he'll be coming to our cabin in the mountain"

"But Daddy how will he find us?"

"With his map and reindeer of course"

"Daddy"

"Yes Ellie"

"Will Santa be able to bring me a new mommy?"

Piero didn't know how to answer that very spefic question

"I don't know" he said honestly "I'm sure he'll do everything he can though"

"I've been a really good girl though"

"Yes you have" Piero noted "I'm sure Santa won't let you down"

Noelle smiled

"Alright Ellie Ladybug bedtime"

"I'm almost four," she said between yawning, "bedtime is for babies"

"I'm pretty sure four year olds still need a bedtime" Piero chuckled

"Not me"

"Okay Miss Stubborn" he scooped her up "if I put you to bed right now you won't be out like a lamp?"

"Nope"

"How about we read a storybook then?"

"I wanna pick it"

"Alright then you pick it and I'll read it"

Piero smiled as his daughter made her way to her little bookshelf to pick out a book and he had his fingers crossed that she wouldn't pick Amelia Bedelia again. Noelle loved that book but Piero could only reason the same story over and over again.

Just as Noelle was picking out a book; Piero's cell rang. When he saw who it was he got up to exit the room.

"Ellie sweetie you pick out the book and Daddy will be right back to read okay?"

"Okay Daddy"

"Don't fall asleep now"

"I won't," she giggled

Piero went down to his bedroom and closed the door and answered the call

"Hello Mr. Morrone"

"Sabrina? It's late is everything okay?"

"......no" she replied, "no it's not okay"

"Where are you? Are you outside?"

"..."

"Sabrina talk to me"

Piero was getting worried. Sabrina Ellis never called him this late unless it was work related. Obviously something was wrong because Sabrina wasn't the type to just call for no reason.

"It's Demi's father" she said slowly "I had to leave...he...he threatened to take her"

Piero sat down this was definitely a lot to take in and he could hear Sabrina on the verge of tears now

"I wasn't going to tell you but....but...well really the only reason I agreed to come was to get Demi away from him...he doesn't love her nor care about her.....he just wants to hurt me"

"He already chased us across the city" Sabrina continued, "I don't know where he is now but I know he's still following me"

"I literally took everything from my apartment that I thought was important...I just....I can't go back"

"Sabrina tell me where you and Demi are" Piero said "I can't leave Ellie here by herself but I can give you some directions to my place"

"I don't want Trent to come and bother you and Ellie maybe I should find a motel---"

"No fuck that Sabrina" Piero said gently but firmly "this Trent guy has a better chance at finding you at a motel than at my place; he won't find you here I promise"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes and we'll alert the authorities and leave for the cabin tomorrow"

Piero could hear Sabrina's long pause and he asked "Sabrina do you trust me?"

"Mr. Morrone I----"

"No Sabrina no more Mr. Morrone" he said patiently "do you trust me Piero the man you saved from committing suicide to help you?"

"Yes" she replied, "yes Piero I trust you"

Piero gave Sabrina the directions to his house and told her to call back if she got lost and he would be up waiting for her when she arrived.

Piero went to go check on Noelle and just like he predicted the little girl was fast asleep with that darn Amelia Bedelia book in her arms. He took the book and pulled the covers over her.

Demetria and Noelle were only a year apart so he couldn't imagine someone trying to forcibly take Noelle from him. He was glad that Sabrina was honest about the real reason she accepted his invitation; but he was a little disappointed that she didn't tell him from the start. Either way he was going to be there for her.

Piero went back downstairs and put on a pot of water so that Sabrina could have a hot cup of tea when she arrived. A gesture to let her know that she was safe with him.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.