Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


ONE 

Frederick Weasley had already given his seal of approval when he found out that fellow seventh year student Angelina Johnson was appointed Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team this year.

With previous captain Oliver Wood having graduated the team was probably thinking that Angelina would be less stern and demanding of them. But if they knew Angelina like Fred knew her then they were dead wrong.

Sure Angelina wasn't as hard as Oliver was being a female but she was still serious about her position and would be taken seriously as well.

The young black witch with fire in her brown eyes and smirk in her smile had already declared that she would be the future captain of the Chudley Cannons upon graduation.

It was a crisp fall afternoon in early October and Gryffindor had the Quidditch field reserved for practice and there was Angelina in her captain's uniform with her arms crossed and a serious look on her face.

Her friends Katie Bell and Alicia Spinett who were two of the teams Chasers chuckled since they knew Angelina was going to let them have it.

Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley were sitting in the stands to support both the team and Angelina's first day as team captain. It seemed like the ladies of Gryffindor were running things this year.

Fred, his twin brother George, his younger brother Ron, and Harry Potter were making their way down to the field when Angelina yelled at them

"You boys are fifteen minutes late!"

"Well isn't she just a ray of sunshine" Ron said a little annoyed "Snape doesn't even get like that if we're late to Potions class besides it's Friday"

"At least she won't taking away points from our own house though," Harry pointed out

"This is the first practice of the season" she said, "no excuses for your tardiness"

"Harry unless You Know Who is attacking you no excuse"

"Ron you better hope that you'll be steady on your broomstick with the seconds and thirds you had for lunch today"

"George what were you and Weasley doing?" she asked, "picking on some helpless first and second years again? You're seventh years now grow up"

Fred smirked and it annoyed Angelina even further "What's so funny Weasley?"

"You didn't address me by my first name Angelina" he teased, "if that's the case you could have addressed my brothers the same way"

Fred could see Angelina blush under that beautiful honey brown complexion; he lived to see and get her riled up. He wanted to hear Angelina utter his name in more ways than one; beneath that tough girl exterior he knew she was as meek as a kitten.

"If you have enough energy for jokes then you have enough energy for practice" she said "let's get started our first match with Slytherin is in two weeks"

 

Angelina would be lying if she said that Fred and his twin brother George weren't talented Beaters because they were. The Weasley family had enough kids to make a qudditch team of their own if they wanted. She was able to tolerate George a little more but with Fred the jokes never seemed to end.

Granted they were born on April Fool's Day but with Fred being older Angelina would think that he was more mature. Molly Weasley most be a saint of a mother to deal with not only five other boys but Fred too; Angelina probably would have drawn the line at him. Ginny must have been an answer to her prayers.

Beaters were required to be focused and have good balance since they were in charge of making sure Bludgers didn't knock anyone of their broomsticks while at the same time knocking the opposing team off their broomsticks.

There were times Beaters had to have both hands off their broomsticks in order to bat Bludgers, which was sometimes dangerous, but leave it to the Weasley twins to throw caution to the wind.

"Weasley!" Angelina scolded him "be more careful!"

Fred had swung at the Bludger so hard that it flipped him upside down and he was hanging midair from his broomstick by hind legs. George howled in laughter.

"I'm fine Angelina!" Fred teased, "were you were worried about me?"

"Quit playing around!" she fired back at him "that dangerous and you know better!"

Angelina knew that Fred was a good player but he had to stop playing around or they'd lose to Slytherin for sure. Other than Fred the team was doing stellar.

Katie and Alicia whom she had been Chasers with since second year were great at passing and deciding where the Quaffle should go. Quick thinking was key.

Ron like his brothers had quick reflexives in blocking the Quaffle out from the hoops as Keeper at least all the calories he consumed at lunch were being put to work now.

Harry who had been the only one playing since first year was proving himself to be quite the professional Seeker with his speed she was sure that he's catch the Snitch during the game in two weeks.

"Good job today everyone you know who you are" Angelina said at the end of practice "I don't mean to be hard on you guys I just want us to be the best we can be"

"Next Friday same time for practice" she announced "and be on time the first game is stressful enough but even more so since we're playing against Slytherin"

With that said Angelina dismissed everybody and they all were making their way back to the Great Hall for dinner.

"You coming Fred?" George asked his brother who lingered behind

"I want a little word with our new captain first"

George chuckled "It was nice knowing you dear brother"

Fred shrugged and made his way over to Angelina who was now putting away the Qudditch equipment. He took note that her qudditch uniform wasn't really doing a good job of hiding her curves. The late afternoon sun glowed on her face the same face he wanted to see express pleasure that would come from yours sincerely.

"Need a hand Angelina?"

Angelina startled a bit turned around to see Fred smirking at her; more than likely checking out her backside as well.

"I'm fine"

"Yes I wholeheartedly agree"

Smartass

"You know what I mean Weasley"

Angelina reached for the Bludger, which was quite heavy, and Fred lifted it from her hold while almost lacing her fingers with his.

"These are quite heavy you know" Fred said "much too heavy for a little lady such as yourself---

"Cut the chivalry Weasley" Angelina said "I didn't like you goofing off during practice today you know how dangerous handling Bludgers are you were practically hanging off your broomstick"

"I've been playing as long as you have" Fred insisted "besides I'm okay it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last"

"Falls during Qudditch can be dangerous resulting in injuries that are fatal" Angelina said "I want everyone to have fun but there are safety precautions for a reason"

"And you have one of the best Beaters Gryffindor could ask for" Fred boasted being his cocky self as usual "now tell me Ange were you really worried about me?"

Angelina felt her face heat up again as much as Fred tried her nerves and patience he was the only one who called her Ange and she kind of liked it. She then realized that they were still the only ones in the middle of the Qudditch field with both of their hands laced onto the Bludger.

"Well?"

"Just be more careful Weasley," she said "you're a talented Beater but I don't want to have you removed from the team because you can't follow orders"

"Nice to know that the lovely captain of Gryffindor shows concern for all of her players" he teased, "it's okay Ange I'll be here as long as I can"

Angelina rolled her eyes and Fred was amused. This was seventh year after all and after six years of beating around the bush so to speak; Fred was going to make Angelina his.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.