Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I apologize for the erratric postings of this story.  I'll try and do better.  Have the best weekend ever!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Come in," Eve called out, trying to catch up on her emails that had been sent while she was on maternity leave. Looking up from the computer, Eve saw no one so she stood and much to her surprise she saw Endora. "Angelpie, how did you get here?" Walking around her desk, she swept the little girl into her arms and showered her with kisses much to the delight of Endora.

 

With sushi in hand, Ethan-Martin walked through the door. "Hi, Auntie Evie."

 

"Ethan-Martin, hi sweetie," Eve greeted her newest visitor with a big hug and a kiss.   "What do you have there?"

 

"Susi," he replied.

 

"Sushi, sweetie. It's called sushi," Eve laughed.

 

Nodding his head, Ethan-Martin agreed with his honorary great-aunt. "Susi, like I said."

 

A Crane through and through with Theresa's stubbornness thrown in to boot. "Who brought you here?"

 

"Daddy," he responded, as if the answer was painfully obvious.

 

"Did someone call for me?" Julian asked, walking into Eve's office with a wicker picnic basket. "Good afternoon, Dr. Johnson."

 

"Dr. Russell, as you well know. And what are you all doing here?"

 

"We came to bring you lunch."

 

"That's so sweet, but- -"

 

"You haven't eaten yet, the dumpy, unattractive nurse informed us to the fact."

 

"Jul- -" Why bother trying to reprimand him? Some things about him would never change and although she hated to admit it, he was right; that particular nurse had a face only a mother could love. "I would love to have lunch with you guys." Clearing space at the table in her office, she helped Ethan-Martin into his seat.

 

Pulling out her chair, Julian assisted her and placed Endora on her lap.

 

"Thank you, sir," she said.

 

"My pleasure," he whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine.

 

Trying desperately to distract herself, she turned to Ethan-Martin. "What treats did you bring for lunch?"

 

"None," Julian answered. "I'm working on my son's taste in foods. He wanted to bring peanut butter and jelly and those greasy, disgusting things called potato chips. How did the FDA ever approve those things?"

 

Eve watched Julian unload caviar, foie de gris, and other items out of the basket. "Julian, what are the kids supposed to eat?"

 

"This food. Eve, darling, if you don't teach them culture now, they'll never learn it and end up like TC." He couldn't help adding that last part.

 

"Julian," she warned.

 

He grinned at her. "Besides the children love caviar."

 

She raised an eyebrow.

 

"I do, Auntie Evie," Ethan-Martin assured her. Holding out his hand, his father handed him a slice of French bread.

 

Eve stared in amazement as Ethan-Martin spread a healthy dose of caviar on the bread and gave it to Endora.

 

"Tank you," Endora said.

 

"You're welcome, Dor," he answered, getting another piece of bread and repeating the process.

 

As the children happily ate their bread and caviar, Julian smiled triumphantly. "Shall we eat?"

 

Nodding Eve dug in. The last time she ate like this was when she had been with Julian. She had once tried to create new memories with these delicacies that she had learned to love with TC, but he had literally gotten sick to his stomach when she told him exactly what he was eating. That had been the first and last time she'd attempted to feed TC anything he couldn't easily and instantly identify.

 

"Do you remember the last time we ate like this?" he asked as the children left the table to play.

 

She nodded. She could instantly remember, the night before it occurred to her that she might be pregnant. They lounged in bed, laughing and talking, and just enjoying being with each other. He had truly been her best friend and closest confidante. With him by her side, she had felt powerful, like nothing could touch her. She'd been upset when he made her get off of him so he could go to the kitchen, but when he came back with the caviar and champagne all had been forgiven. And it wasn't so much the food as it was the fact that he fed it to her and followed each feeding with a kiss that became more and more heated. And finally, the caviar would end up places other than her mouth.

 

When she had left, she found herself craving caviar. Her son had loved the taste, but it was difficult to buy on her waitress salary once she left Boston for the anonymous New York City to get away from Julian. Every once in a while she would spend money she couldn't afford to splurge and treat herself. But the treat always led to memories of him and to a night full of erotic dreams and never ending tears.

 

"I never ate caviar again after that night. It seemed wrong, sacrilegious even, to enjoy it when you weren't by my side to partake of it also," Julian informed her, holding out a cracker spread with caviar.

 

Gazing into his eyes, Eve was transported to a time when life was simpler, when it was just her and Julian. She opened her mouth and gently bit into the cracker, nipping his finger in the process.

 

Feeling her lips on him, Julian worked overtime to suppress his moan. He couldn't afford to startle her or scare her off. He closed his eyes and let the sensation run through his body. He was in heaven as he finished feeding her the caviar. How could he have ever given this up? She touched him in ways no one ever had or ever would. Slowly opening his eyes, he saw that Eve was as lost in the sensuous haze as he was as he dipped his finger in the caviar and fed it to Eve.

 

Ever so slowly, Eve sucked the Bulgarian dipped finger into her mouth and swirled her tongue around it, getting every little drop and taste of it and him that she could possibly get. She shouldn't be doing this. She was playing a very dangerous game by encouraging Julian. But over the last two months, she felt her defenses crumbling as the man she always imagined Julian could and would be emerged. He was attentive and loving towards Ethan-Martin and Endora. He never made them feel less than important, yet at the same time he always made sure she was right there next to him and with him. They felt like a family. This was the family she could have had. This was what she'd dreamt about when she was pregnant with their son. This was- -

 

"Mama, Daddy hurt?" Endora asked, staring at her father's finger in her mother's mouth.

 

Quickly removing Julian's finger from her mouth, Eve left the passionate moment with Julian and returned to the present. "Uh- -"

 

He thought he had worked on this kid's timing. It was atrocious. Seeing the fear and panic rising in Eve's eyes, he knew it was time to retreat. "Yes, Daddy hurt himself, but now I'm all better. So let's clean up and then we can go to the park."

 

"Yippee!" Ethan-Martin yelled, scrambling to the table to help clean-up.

 

Distancing herself, Eve walked back to her desk, leaving the kids and Julian at the table. She couldn't let herself be sucked back into Julian's web. She was free. And that freedom had cost her, her son. She wasn't going to allow herself to get caught again. She- - Wait did- - Eve looked up to find Julian staring at her.

 

She saw the question in his eyes. Did Endora call him daddy? They still hadn't explained Julian's connection to the toddler yet. Should they risk it and ask? Julian gave her his tentative approval. "Angelpie?"

 

The curly head toddler turned to her mother.

 

"Did you call Mr. Julian, Daddy?"

 

"Of course," Ethan-Martin answered. "She's my sister, like Fancy and Cassie."

 

"Who told you that?"

 

Exasperated, the young boy looked at the two puzzled adults and put them out of their misery. "No one. We've got the same noses and eyes as Daddy," he declared and went back to playing.

 

Julian took a closer look at his daughter and saw what his youngest son was talking about. They all indeed did have the same nose and shape of eyes. He grinned, catching Eve's gaze.

 

Eve shrugged. Out of the mouths of babes.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.