Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

See the source imageBeta Reader: SilverMoonfire


Summary: Nyota had dinner with Kirk and made her demands, and he refused. But Kirk made an offer she couldn't refuse, time was running out for Nyota. While the dinner was in progress, another male was just as frustrated by Kirk's overtures towards Nyota as she was.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The Beginning of His Time

Spock was beside himself. He had used so many ploys to prevent Kirk from interacting with Nyota. He had run out of ideas to keep them apart. Time was literally and figuratively against him. His aggressive need to mate was surfacing and his behavior had been noticed by his Vulcan peers. He knew T'Pring sensed his distress. He loathed her and wished she would mate with Stonn and leave him be.

But what Kirk was doing in front of him was far worse, he was blatantly harassing and pursuing what was had asked Nyota out to dinner in front of the bridge crew and she had accepted. His ears burned in response and the stylus in his hand bent. Semek quietly reminded him where he was, before Spock's mind could wander further. He couldn't look at Kirk, he just stared at his monitor. The woman of his choosing had chosen their commander, he would require meditation to resolve his thoughts.

T'pring was satisfied with the events unfolding in front of her, watching Kirk's overtures to Uhura pleased her. She had waited so long for this moment, Spock's responses confirmed her suspicions, he was showing signs of his imminent Pon-farr. This presented her with an opportunity, he would have no choice but choose her as a mate. She watched as Spock stood up, and dismissed himself from duty. She and Semek followed Spock off the bridge into the turbolift, where she closely observed Spock; his demeanor was raw, flexing his fists behind him. "As I suspected, Spock is demonstrating the signs of his Pon-Farr, just as my sister predicted."

Semek was aware that T'Pring had noticed Spock's signs, he would inform Shath of this and make preparations for a ceremony. "But for which woman?"

That evening T'Pring took great care and dressed in her most alluring dress, her hair down to her waist and her pheromone production increased to a more desirable range. She entered Spock's dim room with the intention of making herself his choice only to see his head down on the desk as if he was sleeping or in deep thought. She approached him,

"S'haile.. Spock I see your signs, the warrior in you wants to fight the inevitable. But our ancient drives are strong.. I sense your desire to mate."

Spock sat quietly and did not move.

"The Captain has chosen her as one of his women. He displays his affections openly, do you not see that?"

T'Pring gently placed her fingers on his shoulders to soothe his oncoming fire. In a flash his hand grabbed hers firmly and flicked it away. Her touch burned him through his shirt like a hot coal, his body rejecting her instantly.

"DO. NOT. TOUCH. ME!"

"Your precious one, Uhura, is with another. Her heart does not burn for you as mine does! If you will permit a superficial mind-link you will see my intentions Spock! I am here for you!"

Spock looked glared up at her and growled,

"You were never there for me. You sought another, you laid with another, you betrayed ME! Leave before I forget who I am! NOW!"

T'Pring started to leave with victory in sight. "You will come for me, you will mate with me. There is no other!" She declared before leaving a smoldering Spock, when the door closed behind her she was confronted by Shath.

"Now you know that he is preparing for his Time."

"I will be ready for him, Shath, the woman he wants is with another," T'Pring said haughtily.

Shath looked at her with contempt, "If what you say is true, it is best that you prepare yourself more effectively as Mistress to the S'haile. Your performance previously has been inadequate."

"Perhaps you are right, to be a Mistress to our S'haile I must conduct myself more efficiently."

T'Pring left for her private room.

Shath watched her, knowing Spock would never mate with her. But the concern that he would need a mate soon, very soon, was ever present. It was his job to protect Spock at all cost, but how could he allow him to mate with such a woman such as T'Pring?

His family had believed in his capabilities, but to condemn Spock to the servitude of T'Pring and her family. With her confirmed knowledge of Spock's condition, Semek had been given strict orders to never leave him alone on the ship. With Spock's duties being so vast and varied, hiding his condition had become a great challenge.

Spock laid his head down again after T'Pring left, his only thoughts of Nyota. Though he was a Vulcan, she haunted his dreams. His conscious and subconscious were consumed by her, his fire only burns for her. If he can't have her, he will prepare to die. Could he pass his Time in meditation? He did not know, he only knew that his Katra chose her. It was more than her beauty, it was her intelligence and skills. She possessed the heart of a warrior, she is a skilled fighter, she's cunning and defeats opponents of greater stature. That made her desirable amongst the men on the ship. "If only I could touch her, she would know. She would be MINE!"

Spock rose and removed his clothes down to his standard underwear, pulling out his meditation mat to sit in the lotus position to meditate. He must maintain control of his thoughts, actions and body. But most importantly, he must fight the upcoming fire. No matter what, it was coming for him.

Semek and Falor had entered the outer chamber of their suite when Shath requested their presence in his private quarters.

"Falor, Semek you are aware of our S'haile's condition?"

"Yes, Healer, we have observed." said Falor, the young Vulcan.

"It is our duty to protect him at all costs. Once his condition has started no one is to enter his private chambers."

"Who will he choose, Healer?" asked Falor.

"At the moment, T'Pring is the only option presented to us. The one he has chosen has been engaged by the captain."

"Do not worry about our S'haile, we will do what must be done, regardless of the outcome. We have sworn to protect S'haile Spock, and his family." stated Semek.

"What of T'Pring? Would she claim to be his mate?" asked Falor.

"I do not know if the S'haile would take her. She has just left his chambers with the belief that Spock would bond with her. As princess, she has shamed herself and her family with her self indulgences and overconfidence. Her father has much to lose if she isn't bonded to the S'chn T'gai clan. It is a political move meant to maintain peace on Vulcan."

The three men stared at each other in silence.

"Your duties will continue regardless of the outcome, and I will provide all services for him. He may try Kolinahr to avoid the mating." said Shath.

Semek bowed his head, after years of friendship, he knew what Spock was thinking,"This human female has taken the S'haile's Katra."

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.