Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: SilverMoonfire

Summary: Kirk returned from Wrigley's Pleasure Planet with his women, to find that most of his personal stash of crystals had been stolen. Now he is on a rampage to find out who took them.See the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The Wrath of Kirk

Kirk quickly boarded the turbolift with his personal guards in hot pursuit.

"Bridge!" he ordered the computer.

Being double crossed by his crew was getting to him, his mind racing, his thoughts raw, he bit down on his lips and glared into space. He had given his crew a share of the last raid, time off on the best planet in the quadrant, and this was how they showed their appreciation!? His precious crystals were gone. Kirk's infamous sinister smile made an appearance as he gathered himself, he knew what to do. The doors opened to his busy bridge, and he slowly stepped down to his command chair where Scotty was sitting.

Scotty turned to Kirk and stood with the Imperial salute.

"Ye'll find everything under control Captain."

"Really? Under control?"

Kirk placed his hand on Scotty's shoulder, and stepped into his space.

"If things are under control, Mr. Scott, why has my cargo gone missing right out from underneath your nose?"

"WHAT? I-don't-know-what-ye mean Captain?"

Under Kirk's accusative gaze Scotty started sweating. He didn't like the accusation being projected. He didn't dare break eye contact, too focused on the captain to notice the bridge crew turning to observe the unfolding drama.

"I left you in charge, there was practically no one here, most of the crew was on shore leave. Where could they have gone?"

Kirk asked softly, his arm now around Scotty's shoulders.

"I don't know what happened to them -sir."

"You have to admit, strange things started happening after you attacked Uhura."

"I wouldn't dare-I couldn't, I have too much at stake, just like you!"

Kirk chuckled, "You're right, you have made mistakes, real bad ones."

Scotty lunged forward out of Kirk's hold and winced in pain, grabbing his chest, he looked at Kirk in shock as he landed on the floor. Kirk used his foot to roll the dying body away from his chair and sat. He watched Scotty moan, and the blood spurting out of his chest and dribbling from his mouth.

"Get this garbage off my bridge-NOW,"

Two security men quickly removed the body. "and clean my knife!"

Kirk looked around his bridge with disgust, someone on his ship had stolen from him. He swiveled to Palmer.

"Open ship-wide intercom."

"This is the Captain speaking, something was stolen from me and I want it back! The person who has information on the whereabouts of my stolen crystals will be rewarded, up to and including an increase in rank. Kirk out."

He turned toward the helm and navigation.

"What is our heading?"

Chekov reported, "We are enroute to the planet Argilus, sir, as planned."

Kirk got out of his chair, walked in front of the main monitor and looked out into space, considering his next move. He went to the turbo and turned at the door.

"Change course to StarBase 4!"

"Starbase 4, Captain?"

"Yes, Starbase 4, I'm getting rid of this no good god-damn stealing crew for a better one."

Kirk headed for sickbay to try to calm down, his frustration mounting by the second. His guards followed behind him, struggling to keep pace. The moment he entered, McCoy had a drink stretched out to him in one hand and the bottle in the other. Kirk bypassed the glass and grabbed the bottle,chugging it.

McCoy followed Jim into his private office and watched him drink the liquor like water. He looked at Jim's tense face and knew things were bad.

"I was offering you the glass, but I see now that wasn't enough!"

"Can you believe this, can you!? Someone stole my dilithium crystals right out from under me!"

"You offered a mighty fine reward in your announcement, you think it would do the trick?"

Kirk gave a scowl look at Bones and the drink wasn't working either.

"I don't want the Empire to find out that I can't handle my command, not now, when we are so close!"

"Jim, you're still in control, find the mother f#cker and get your balls back!"

Kirk gave a low laugh, "Everyone will be turning on each other, they want the promotion."

McCoy remembered the glass in his hand and started sipping it. "Who do you suspect?"

"Could be any one."

"Let's work with what we have, Jim. We have Scotty."

"I killed that mother f#cker for letting this happen on his watch!"

" That changes things," McCoy hummed. "Now you need a new engineer."

"I'll handle that in a minute. What's the news on Spock and Uhura?"

McCoy huffed and folded his arms, "Well, as far as I know, they haven't left his quarters. According to his doctor he is still sick and Uhura is confined with him."

"I need answers NOW! I'm gonna take care of Engineering, then find out what's up with Spock." Kirk balled his fist while still holding the bottle in his other hand.

"Do you suspect Spock?"

"I suspect anyone and everyone! He's missing in action, and I need him to find my dilithium!"

Kirk wanted to throw the bottle, but the drink was helping calm his frustration. He took one more swig and headed out toward engineering.

McCoy raised a brow, "You need me?"

Kirk huffed at him, "You're the only senior officer on this ship and now you're my second in command. Yes you HAVE-TO-GO!"

"What about sickbay? Someone needs to be in charge down here."

"Give it to that crazy ss Head Nurse with her side chick. You're needed elsewhere."

Kirk, McCoy and his bodyguards boarded the turbolift and headed to engineering. When Kirk entered the department, everyone stood sharply to attention and saluted. Looking around at what was once Scotty's domain, Kirk called everyone to muster.

"I need all personnel front and center!"

Technicians and officers lined up in front of Kirk, he slowly walked down the line. He paused to scrutinize Brent before continuing down the line, where he noticed two women at the end and glared at them. Kirk turned, stood next to Bones scanning the line and announced.

"Mr. Scott is dead, I need a new Chief."

Lt. Brent took the opportunity and stepped out with his chest thrust forward.

"I'm willing and able to take the job, I have the most experience, Sir!"

Kirk slowly walked up to Brent, giving a lazy smile and a low chuckle.

"Really? How do I know that?"

Before Brent could answer, Kirk pulled out his agonizer and pressed it against Brent's shoulder. He fell to his knees screaming in pain as Kirk pressed the weapon against him he punched Brent in the face and snarled,

"You also worked the most closely with Scotty, do you have my crystals?"

Brent squirmed as pain shot through his body, Kirk pressing harder as he knelt.

"NNNOOO!"

Kirk removed the agonizer and stood, slowly pacing back towards his guards. Grabbing his knife, he lunged back around and stabbed Brent in the throat, he gave a surprise look as he gurgled in pain. Kirk stood up then walked back towards McCoy, who carefully made his way past Kirk towards the choking Brent. As McCoy attempted to staunch the flow of blood, Brent made a deep gurgling sound, the blood flowing past McCoys hands and onto the floor. It didn't take long for the life to fade from the choking man.

"DAMNIT JIM! Are you going to kill everyone?"

"For my crystals, He! yes, I will!"

Kirk turned and wiped the blood on his hand on his guard's uniform. Then he looked at the line again, everyone was staring forward and didn't dare to look at the dead man on the floor. Kirk continued to walk down the line and inspect each person, stopping in front of Romaine and Masters.

He looks at Masters with her thick glasses and two tricorders strapped on her shoulder. She looked odd to him, if it wasn't for the glasses she might even be cute.

"Who are you?"

"Lieutenant Masters, Sir"

"How long have you been on the Enterprise?"

"Three years and four months, Sir"

"I never seen you. You've been in engineering?"

"Yes, Sir"

Kirk grabbed the strap of her tricorder and removed it from her, looking it over carefully before handing it took his communicator and flipped it open.

"Computer."

A deep male voice answered,

"Working."

"Give me the specs on Lt Masters."

"Completed."

"Lieutenant Charlene Masters, Engineer First Class.

"Graduated salutatorian in Engineering from Imperial Starfleet Academy.

"Currently serving on the ISS Enterprise in Engineering .

"Expertise in warp core engineering.

"Expertise in adjustment of Heisenberg compensators for transporters.

"Has published research into the recrystallization of dilithium."

"Stop."

Kirk looked at Charlene up and down, and slyly looked at Romaine.

"Are you two Scotty's women?"

They both answered. "No, Sir."

Kirk quickly turned to leave, and McCoy stopped him.

"Well Jim? What about a Chief?"

Kirk looked at McCoy with annoyance before smiling.

"Masters?"

"Yes, Captain!"

"You have been promoted to Chief of Engineering. Find yourself an assistant and find my crystals. Those are your orders."

"Yes, Sir"

Kirk, McCoy and the guards left Engineering for his next destination.

While everyone else looked at Masters in shock, and slowly sneered at her for getting a coveted promotion. She quickly placed her hand on her phaser as a warning. Mira backed up Charlene with her hand on her phaser. They glared at the two women and slowly went back to their jobs.

Masters couldn't believe her stroke of luck, she was in charge and Mr. Scott was dead. Things couldn't be better, now she could move the crystals at her leisure and no one would know. She wanted to dance, sing, shout but could only give a small inner chuckle.

Charlene smirked at Mira and she returned it, things were looking up.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.