Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: SilverMoonfire

Summary: Kirk went on a rampage over his missing dilithium and killed Scotty because of it. He promoted Masters to Chief of Engineering, not knowing she was the mastermind behind his lost shipment. Now the search is on...

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

I Spy

Charlene stood and looked around her domain, she had never imagined being in charge of her dream. Mr. Scott had ridiculed her for years, showing his jealousy of her natural talents. But she had played the waiting game and it paid off, Scott was gone because of the Sisterhood. The Sisterhood had given her the means to utilize her potential and now she was being rewarded for her patience.

The first thing Charlene did was promote Mira to to the position of her assistant, to help keep the others from targeting them. The men didn't think they could do the job, what they didn't know was that Masters could practically run the computers and monitor the anti-matter flow without them. That was her little secret. Instead of showing her hand, she would play the part as a taskmaster and get the technicians to work with her. Kyle was the first to challenge her.

Kyle snarled at her, "Why did the captain choose you?"

Charlene held her phaser pointed at his mid-section, Mira had hers ready.

"I don't know or care, I'm in charge now. It would be best if you didn't try to move against me, get to work or I'll use your agonizer on you for get that body out of here and return to work!"

Kyle reluctantly left with the technicians following him back to work, picking up Brent as they went.

Charlene turned to Mira and nodded, acknowledging with a glance how precarious their citation was until they learned more about Uhura. Mira smirked and nodded to Charlene before they began to work at their new positions.


The unexpected death of Mr. Scott and Brent, highly influential members of the crew, sent shivers throughout the ship. They didn't know who was next. Speculation ran rampant on the ship, giving the Vixens the opportunity to execute a plan they came up with. All they did was sit in the mess hall drinking coffee and whisper certain names. Janice leaned over to Marlena.

"I've heard the shipment was stolen during Wilson's watch."

"Yeah, I've heard the guard is in for life in the agonizer," whispered Marlena.

Janice scanned around and whispered, "Who do you think did it?"

"I don't know, but Chekov was the last to attempt to overtake the ship during the Halkian fiasco." Marlena said, looking left to right.

"You think he did it?"

"Who knows, it could be Wilson and Chekov."

They both got up with their coffees and left, knowing they had been overheard and that the accusations would continue.


Driven by greed, and the need to survive, security worked in pairs to find the shipment. DeSalle searched every plausible place he could think of to hide something. His team tore apart quarters and departments, they ripped up floorboards and deconstructed walls. When that failed, he found himself back in the cargo bay, schematics in hand, wall panels lying on the floor and the storage rooms behind them bare to his vision, doors removed from their sliders in the bulkheads. There was nothing but framework surrounding him, and still, the crystals couldn't be found. Under Kirk's orders, and DeSalle's supervision, everyone and everything aboard the ship had been searched.

What they didn't know was that the Sisterhood was keeping tabs on the progress of the search and gave feedback to their team leaders. When the shipment was in danger of being found, it would be moved from its hiding place to an already searched area. It made the rounds between torpedo tubes, and the caskets of dead men. Even ending up floating in cloaked containers just outside the Enterprise. Undetectable, thanks in no small part to Masters and Mira. They stayed in rank and were not persuaded by the bounty. The women also subtly threw suspicion on certain men, causing security to search their quarters, fomenting doubts of their loyalty and causing gossip to run rampant.

It was chaos on the Enterprise.

McCoy's resentment over having to give his job to Chapel was making him lose sleep. He preferred his safe space in Sickbay, not standing in as First Officer on the bridge. He was the big dog in the science division, next to Spock.

Leonard despised Chapel, he couldn't stand her, but the b#tch did her job well. He needed to put her in her place, make her remember who was really in charge, whether he wanted to or not. Then he had to contend with her lover, she was never far.

"Well Chapel, Kirk put you in charge of My sickbay, not thrilled about it."

Christine gave him a snarky look and jutted her hip out with a smile.

"It's always been my wildest dream, if you were ever... promoted. I know the nurses will feel real real bad that you are stationed on the bridge. First Officer-right?"

"B#tch, this will always be my domain, you're on borrowed time."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk why so gloomy Lennie? You don't want to help Kirk find his missing shipment? I hope you had nothing to do with it. Why would you hurt Kirk's feelings with this lack of enthusiasm, where's the moral support?"

McCoy stared at her with disgust, he couldn't stand her disposition, but he gave her a snarl.

"Yeah, being in charge has given me some ideas, like I could shut down parts of Sickbay stations and shuffle staff around. Might even downsize to save on space and unnecessary personnel."

"Oh Lennie, so rough and tough with your new title, it kinda turns me on."

McCoy turned and left. "B#TCH!"

When the door closed behind him, Christine gave a hearty laugh, "B#stard!"


A little while later McCoy, Kirk and his personal guards got off the turbolift heading for Spock's quarters. He saw Spock's personal guards and Lawton, Kirk looked at her quizzically. She gave the Imperial salute along with the two Vulcan guards.

"Yeoman, what are you doing here?"

Tina didn't want to answer the captain. She was steamed that Kirk had let this get out of hand. She looked Kirk straight in the eye to give the little respect she had left for him.

"I've stationed myself here Sir, as Lt. Commander Uhura's personal guard."

"Has she come out of there?"

"No Sir, she's been with the Vulcans since her.. incident."

Kirk stared at the two Vulcan guards, they didn't show any reaction.

"I demand to see Commander Spock, despite his illness."

Semek glared at Kirk. "As Healer Shath reported, he is on medical leave."

Kirk's guards drew their phasers, and the Vulcans did as well. It was a showdown.

Kirk responded with gritted teeth, "I need Spock to do his job, I need him to find the stolen dilithium!"

The door opened and Shath stepped out, signaling the Vulcan guards to lower their phasers. They hesitated before Semek lowered his, Shath shifted his eyes to Kirk's guards and waited. Kirk, after a brief moment, signaled his guards to lower their phasers.

"How can I be of service Captain Kirk?"

"When can I see Spock? I need him to do his job, I have a crisis at hand!"

"I see, I can verify that Commander Spock was incapacitated during the missing mineral situation. He was under my care, wearing out his medical condition."

McCoy spoke up, "What medical condition? Maybe I can help you, Shath."

Shath glared at the mischievous doctor, "I am honored that you have offered your service. As you are aware, Commander Spock is Vulcan and Vulcan physiology is quite different from a Terran's. His treatment at this time requires my expertise. I have been his personal physician since his birth."

Kirk wanted to scream. Balling his fist, he began breathing heavily and stared down Shath.

"I need to see Spock's condition for myself."

Kirk attempted to push past Shath but he held up his hand and remained standing in front of the door. Semek and Falor stood closer in rank to prevent him moving forward.

"Captain Kirk, I see that the dilithium situation has impacted your judgment. If you continue in this vein, you may very well cause an interplanetary incident that could affect your position as a commander. Do you wish to diminish your legendary command?"

Kirk stopped at the word legendary, and slowly stepped back. "I see your point, when can we expect Commander Spock to return to duty?"

"Two point six-five days from now. He is making progress in his recovery, as is Lt. Commander Uhura. Her personal guard has taken position here for her safety and has not moved."

McCoy spoke up again, "Why can't I see Uhura? She's not Vulcan."

Shath slit his eyes at the Terran doctor. "Have you forgotten? Members of the crew have made it obvious they are determined to target her. The recent attacks on her have proven that her safety is at stake. The Lt. Commander is safer with us than anywhere else. When, or if, she recovers she might claim sanctuary here Dr. McCoy."

McCoy was insulted and glared at the Vulcan, placing his hand on his phaser. Kirk grabbed his arm.

"It's alright. We will return in two days, Shath."

"Two point six-five days Captain. Captain, if I may be of service, I can have Falor investigate the missing minerals. He has computer programming as part of his field, this could make him valuable in your search."

Kirk looked at the young Vulcan, he was better than nothing.

"Sure, he can report to Mr. Spock's station."

Shath turned to Falor and gave him directions, "You will assist and render any service necessary to the finding of the missing mineral."

Falor bowed his head and stepped away from the door to start toward the bridge.

"Let's go." Kirk flicked his fingers and they moved on to his next step in finding those crystals.

Shath stared at Semek and knew that had been a close call. If Kirk were to find his way inside Spock's quarters it could lead to a major conflict. Shath looked at Tina, who had observed quietly throughout the interaction.

"Your mistress would commend you on your stance."

Shath re-entered their suites, Semek returned to his position as did Tina. She didn't know what to think about the Vulcans, but it was reassuring that Nyota was still alive. She found it interesting that they had stood up against the strongest captain in the Imperial fleet. That impressed her.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.