Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


niijuu-nana 


twenty-seven 


 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

    

    Her mother was right when she said I had considered more than just dating. A part of me had been tugging with the reality of marriage as early as ’45. Of course, then it was inconceivable and only a fool’s dream. Even then, I knew that the connection I had formed with her was one I wouldn’t replicate with anyone else. I’d poured far too much of my time and energy into one woman and if by chance, she rejected me and turned me down, I reasoned that I’d stay by myself. 

    After all, what use did it serve to marry for the sake of tradition? If I couldn’t have marriage the way I wanted then I didn’t want it. If I could not have Beatrice at all then I didn’t want a relationship. Simple as that. 

 

*** 

 

    Green leaves, trees, beige sidewalk, and black gravel streets. Signs of laundry mats, grocers and clothing shops. Mundane ordinary life. 

    “Where are we going?” The ride had been silent and she’d glanced out of the window at all the passing houses and establishments. 

    “Some place I think you’ll like.” Is all he said, his body relaxed back against the backseat. Turning his head, he found her gaze on the scenes outside, her hands clutched tightly in her lap. With a small purse of his lips, he reached over and pulled her hands apart, entwining their fingers. 

    “Nervous?” He observed quietly watching as she turned her head to look at him. 

    “A little bit.”

    “Don’t be.” 

    “Easy for you to say.”

    “Let me surprise you for fuck’s sake.” There, she grinned and sighed, moving to press her body against his. Head against his shoulder, she closed her eyes, eyes down on their hands in his lap. 

    “Fine, daddy. Surprise me.” He didn’t reply with words, only a smirk and the ride resumed as quiet as it began. 

 

*** 

 

    Though I’d never before been in Chicago, I had come in contact with a few prominent and up-and-coming Negro musicians. I’d met them in a bar of some night club and we’d become friends thanks to the booze and music. They’d been touring in LA and were surprised that someone like me enjoyed their music. All thanks to a pretty brown thing a million miles away. Where they asked and I told them. Chicago. How funny one or two of them were native to the city and with more booze and cigarettes invited me to one of their shows. Of course, if I brought my ‘pretty brown thing’ with me, entry was free and the bar tab would be paid. I took them up on it with the hopes that she’d like this unusual and spontaneous effort. 

 

***  

 

 

    She sat up now, eyes on the neighborhood they entered. Familiarity punched her in the gut and she tightened her grip on his hand, taking in the notable differences of advertisements. 

    “Ichiro?” 

    “Hm?”

    “What are we doing on the south side of Chicago?” 

    “Is that where we are?”

    “Yeah.”

    “Is that a bad thing?” 

    “Depending on where you go it is.” Letting go of his hand, she dug her nails into the skin of her fingers. 

    “Joe and I got our start here… performing.”

    “You did, hm?” Lifting his own fingers, he brushed her cheek. The action caused her to stop stabbing her nails into her hand. 

    “Mmhm.”

    “Why are you so unsettled?” He asked, reaching for her. 

    “Just thinking back on some past memories…that’s all.” She answered, face now pressed against his chest. 

    “This place birthed me… birthed us. We definitely had growing pains here.” Lifting her head, she smiled up at him. 

    “Makes me wonder who the hell you’ve met in California.” 

    “You’ll see.” 

 

*** 

 

    A sweet and slow saxophone played in the smoke-filled club and couples danced nice and close as they entered the place. At the sound, Bea stopped and closed her eyes, the sweetest little smile on her face. It said, I’m home. Taking her hand, he guided her through the fray of bodies and cigar smoke, leading her to the bar. Taking a seat, he pulled her in between his legs, hands light on her waist. 

    “Hungry?” He asked, his eyes warm like melted chocolate. 

    “Mmhm.” 

    “Tell him what you want.” 

    “A tutti frutti cocktail and a half sandwich, light on the pickle.” A voice spoke behind them, making her jump. Looking up at the man, she let out a scream and jumped up to hug the big bear of a man. Grinning, his massive arms came around her petite little frame nice and careful. 

    “Oh my Gawd…. Mook…” Handsome white teeth smiled and a smooth black hand lifted to lay against her delicate hat. 

    “Hey there Bea.” Letting go of him, she turned to see Ichiro comfortably leaning back against the bar, lifting a vodka to his mouth. 

    “How’d… how’d you know?” 

    “How else? I told him.” The man affectionately nicknamed Mook drawled, the South still on his tongue. 

    “I can’t believe this…” A hearty laugh shook the man’s chest and he lifted her face by the chin. 

    “You growed up into a real pretty thing there Bea.”

    “Yeah, and you growed up into a bear, Mook. How the hell’d you get so damn big?” Humored eyes watched the exchange, lips in a small little grin. It was funny that in her element, she seemed to loosen up. Comfortable and free now, she spoke with that Southern accent of hers he liked hearing. 

    “I always was big, girl. You just was too small.” 

    “Watch it. Lucky Joe ain’t here to sock you one.” 

    “Tutti Frutti and half sandwich, light on the pickle.” The bartender called behind them, bringing their attention forward. 

    “Oh my gawd… where are my manners…. Mook, this here uh… this is Will Matsuda. Will, this is Thelonious Monk.”

    “We met.” He acknowledged, eyes glittering with tease. 

    “Yeah, I met your fella back in LA. I see why you sweet on him. He the kinda guy you like.” 

    “Shut up.” The two men grinned and Mook chuckled. 

    “I told him all about you and Joe.”

    “Did you now?”

    “Mmhm. Told him how naughty you was as a girl. Got all that mouth from Joe I tell ya.” 

    “Still does. Drives me up a fucking wall.” He vouched, winking at her pursed lips. 

    “Poor girl needed a sister to set her right. Joe was too tough sometimes.” 

    “Yeah and he taught me how to deal with no good Negroes like you.” Ichiro choked on his vodka and half coughed half laughed. Grinning one of her own, she pursed her lips and reached for her drink, the sweet liquor pleasant on taste. 

    “Goddamn, Beatrice.” Now laughing more than coughing, he grinned and the two men watched her drink a bit more before placing the glass down. 

    “Y’all gon learn not to come for me. I’m feelin’ real unfriendly after all this surprising.” 

    “Well, if I were you, I’d give your man a big ole smooch cause he threw all this together for you, you ungrateful girl.” 

    “All of it?”

    “Course we brought in the people but everythin’ else, yeah. Charlie Parker and Dizzy agreed to play just for you.” A kiss to her temple and Mook was gone, smoke, sweat, and that sweet sweet new jazz playin’ real good in the place. 

    “Well then, guess I better thank you.” Voice now low and soft, she took another sip of her cocktail, already feeling warm. She’d chase it down with a couple of bites of her sandwich but first, she wanted to taste his drink. Not much caring about everyone else, she pressed flush against him, lifting her arms to wrap around his neck. A kiss didn’t take long since they both wanted it and she hummed against his mouth, welcoming the press of his hands against her lower back. Breath heavy and warm, she pressed her nose against the side of his cheek. 

    “Thank you.” She whispered against his mouth and she couldn’t quite help the way her tongue darted out to take a little bit of vodka away from his lip. Eyes now intense, he lifted to grab her jaw, pulling her head upward. Without a word, he kissed her again, letting his tongue slide up against hers. Moaning softly into his mouth, she let him suck on the tip of her tongue before pulling away, a little bite on her bottom lip before completely letting go of her. Head spinning, she pulled the bitten appendage into her mouth before opening her eyes, setting them on him tossing back the rest of his vodka. 

    “Eat before you drink anything else.” His voice, deep and throaty spoke against the rim of his glass before placing it down on the bar top. Feeling that she should, she didn’t much complain or protest, picking up her sandwich and taking a bite out of it. 

 

*** 

 

 

    I tried to be a gentleman but goddamn. Beatrice always pushed me to the edge and it took everything in me not to fuck her senseless. Call me a piece of shit and I’d agree with no hesitation. If she dared to kiss me like that again, I’d say fuck it and fuck her all the way to hell, drunk or not. Not even God or the Devil would stop me from pulling her into the nearest empty space and having my way.

    The heat from the vodka blended nice and easy into my blood and it felt good to let it have its hold on me. It felt even better watching her enjoy herself. To say I was pleased was a vast understatement. Watching her smile and laugh, dance and shimmy filled my heart with overwhelming emotion. Places like this and times like this were meant for her. She deserved to be free and uninhibited all the time, allowed to just move and vibe, sing and dance as she wanted. 

    As I lifted my second vodka to drink, I watched as her dancing was interrupted by a man who too like I had been watching her. Placing the drink down quietly, I inhaled deeply through my nostrils. 

 

 

*** 

 

    “You alone, mama?” The gruff voice of the man asked and immediately, she grew sweaty.  He was tall and big and handsome too, dark satiny skin and dark eyes. The way he looked at her made her heart beat fast and her stomach grow queasy. Like a horny dog sniffing for his next meal. 

    “No, I’m with my man.”

    “I don’t see him ‘round. You too pretty to be alone. It’s not safe.”

    “Oh yeah?”

    “All these men in here lookin’ at you, I’d say it ain’t safe.” 

    “Men like you?” He smirked and took a step closer. 

    “I’m not a bad guy ya know. Jus’ seein’ somethin I like.”

    “Well, way I see it you can see all you want to. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.” He took another step forward and slid a hand down to her waist. 

    “Why don’t you share a dance with me, pretty girl.” 

    “I’m good thanks.” Taking his hand she tossed it away from her. 

    “Just one.”He persisted, hand now taking her arm. 

    “I said I’m good now don’t annoy me.” Teeth grinning, he lifted his hands up in surrender and took one step back, watching as she turned to push through the crowd of people.  

 

*** 

 

    She found him halfway and breathed a sigh of relief, lifting her hands to his chest. 

    “Something wrong?” He asked, taking her by the waist. 

    “Mm um, nothin’s wrong.” Eyes lifted up to see the man she’d been talking to sit down and smoke, welcoming the ass of some unknown woman on his lap. 

    “Dance with me, sugar.” Once again in his sight, she pulled on his hand and led him away from the middle of the dance floor, closer to the stage, closer to where the music was its sweetest. 

 

*** 

 

    Watching that bastard touch her infuriated me. The utter nerve to even fantasize about playing with something that wasn’t his pissed me off. Jealousy ripped through me; tore me open and I shook with visible rage. He still played with puppies, craving manhood so badly that he fucked anything that walked. I had been there. I understood what it felt like to feel less than a man. At some point, you needed to come to heel. You needed to mature. Get out of line and you needed to be reprimanded back into alignment. My eyes watched him slip out of the back with the woman who’d planted her ass on his lap earlier. I was up for some realignment. Being the man I was, I’d be good and goddamned if he sniffed what I called mine.

 

    *** 

 

 

    Dark fingers lifted a cigarette to his mouth and soon smoke blew out through his lips. His other hand was lowered and tangled within the hair of who he assumed was the woman from earlier, now on her knees, mouth and head bobbing on his cock. 

    “You got one of the best mouths Lilah…. fuckkk…” His own fingers tightened his grip on what he held, a beer bottle that he’d broken, jagged sharp edges ready to taste blood. 

    “When you done, go find that pretty yellow thing from earlier.” She hummed a response and soon stayed still as he held her head still, thrusting into her mouth. A loud gruff moan cut through the lulling saxophone and piano from inside and he grinned at the mess he’d made as she gasped in a breath, cum mixed saliva dribbling out of her mouth onto the ground. 

    “Start swallowing it. It’s either you swallow it or I shoot it inside you next time.”  Licking the corners of her mouth, she wordlessly got up and wiped the back of her hand across her lips. Turning, she opened the door to the back and slipped inside, leaving the two of them alone. Emerging from the dark, he cleared his throat and spit, getting his attention. 

    “Well, well what do we have here…”

    “Gotta smoke?”

    “For you, Tokyo? Nah.” He didn’t answer as the man took a drag on the cigarette and blew the smoke in his face just to spite him. 

    “That pretty Negro you with. She with you?”

    “She is.” Taking him in real good from his hair down to his shoes, the man smirked. 

    “Little Jap boy likes brown sugar. That’s uncommon.” Still, no response. The man finished his cigarette and dropped it, lifting his foot to snuff it out. 

    “How much do you want for a night with her?” His gaze darkened. 

    “What?”

    “I ain’t stutter, Tokyo. Name your price for her.” To his surprise he began to laugh, his expression dangerous and frigid. His grin sent a chill through the man.  

    “She’s not for sale.” 

    “That’s a shame. Figured she’d do well with a big black cock to break her in. It don’t surprise me you don’t know what to do with her, little man.” The muscle in his jaw flexed and his jaw clenched hard enough that a vein bulged in his temple. 

    “Only little boys brag about their size.” The man instantly bristled and pushed off the wall. 

    “The fuck you say?”

    “You’re trying to out-piss me and it’s funny as hell.” He took a step closer, eyes cutting into the immature piece of shit. 

    “It infuriates you that she’s with me but that’s okay, you’ll get over it.” His mouth snarled up and he blew out smoke, eyes narrowing on him. 

    “I came out here to tell you to leave her alone. Man to man.” 

    “Nip motherfucker, you’ve got some balls approaching me. You don’t know who I am do you?” 

    “I don’t give a fuck who you are.”  His hands shoved him and he let him.

    “I can make you disappear, boy.  You understand that?” He dropped the cigarette and snuffed it out. 

    “That pretty yellow bitch wouldn’t miss you much, not with my cock buried in her. She’d forget you even existed.” Grinning, the man spit near his feet. 

    “You’ll experiment, play with her pussy, and then go back to your own kind and brag about it. It’s dog fuckers like you that piss me off. Take your little eggroll with you back on your side of town, boy.”  He made the move to walk past him. Without a sound or word, he tightened his grip on the bottleneck and shoved the jagged edges up into his body, puncturing his clothes and into the skin of his stomach. The shock of the attack left him winded for about a second or two and warm wet blood dripped onto his fingers.  Bulging whites of eyes and a choked groan of pain erupted as he shoved him back into the brick wall. 

    “I’d let you think I disappeared but I’d always be watching and waiting.” He rasped roughly in between his teeth, a loud yell answering him as he impaled him with quick deep jabs. 

    “Hell would be heaven once I got to you.” Letting the bottle smash into the ground, he watched the man hunch over and weakly scream out. With chilling tranquility, he opened the door to the back, and quietly entered, blending in with the people as screams were heard from behind him. 

 

***

 

    I was far from a saint and I never would be. I knew what I was. I was a beast with skin and I was more than okay with that.  She saw my bloodied hands and took my face in her own, eyes searching me, asking, wondering. So pitifully in love, this animal would risk burning for eternity if only to feel her lips calm and quell the heat, fire, and rage from my brow. Gaining her answer, she swallowed thickly and pulled me out of the club, amidst the trombone, horn, and piano. 

    Calling for a cab, she quietly told me to put my hands in my pockets. I did so not because I was ashamed or guilty of what I’d done. I did so in hopes that yet again, should I be graced to touch her again, the blood would leave my hands, my heart, mind, eye, and soul and she’d fill me with her good and pure light. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: Mannnn Ichiro Matsuda is not the oneeeeeee bro. He out here stabbing dudes in the alleyway for his woman. Sheeeeesh bruh lol. There's something delicious about the chemistry between him and Bea, I must truly confess. It's like a piece of good cake. lol. Our anti-hero hearing wedding bells hehehe. He  said give me Beatrice or give me nothing LOL. My favorite chapter this far to write hehe. 

There's some really inflammatory and ugly Anti-Asian rhetoric and terminology in here and for that I apologize, if it offends anyone. They do not reflect my personal views. Now that that disclaimer is clear, let's go to the next update shall we? 

DL~







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.