Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


sanjyuuni 


thirty-two 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

 

I couldn’t get to her fast enough. I moved as fast as I could given the cane but she helped, meeting me more than halfway. She jumped up against me and I wrapped my arms around her. Tears slipped down her cheeks and she pressed her nose against my neck, inhaling my scent. I wasn’t sure how pleasant it was, being that I had just been in the yard, planting seeds. It didn’t much matter to her and she followed her nose with her lips. 

    My heart threatened to fail with how fast it was beating but I managed, allowing the emotion to fill my entire body. It was good to have her back in my arms. It was good, so good to hold her against me and feel her breath against mine. I promised myself to never again allow that much time to pass between us. 

 

*** 

 

    “I missed you so much…” She breathed against him. Letting her back down, he lifted a hand and took hold of her underneath her jaw. Pulling her back against him, he leaned down to press his lips against her cheek. Arm still partially around his neck, her fingers curled up slightly as he kissed her tears. Lifting her other arm, she gently laid it upon the hand that held her jaw. 

    The scene before them out of a classic poem, the three watched him kiss her nose, brow, to the other wet cheek. Finally to her lips. He let the cane fall out of his hand and lifted it to caress her hair, gently gripping her head. 

    Humming against him as he deepened the kiss, her open and pliant mouth permitted his tongue entry and the kiss was passionate and wet. Lost in their own world for a moment, the three watching felt as though they were intruding and lowered their eyes. Soon, the sound of their lips separating made them lift them again. Cradling her to his chest, he finally made eye contact with them. 

    “Thank you for bringing her safely.” Aunt Junko smiled brightly, waving a hand. 

    “No need to thank us, Ikki-chan.” Cheeks now warm, he let go of her and cleared his throat. 

    “Dozo, Dozo. Please” Kneeling, she retrieved his cane, and together, they entered the home, the others soon following. 

 

***

 

 

    “It’s exactly like I remember it, Ichiro-kun.” Eyes took in the wide lacquered engawa and open amado (sliding storm shutters) to reveal the massive traditional sitting room. He’d placed five low tables, each complete with low chairs and cushions. 

    “It’s incredible. I can’t believe you actually lived here.” She gawked, careful not to let go of his leading hand. Chuckling, he glanced back at her. 

    “Is it really that hard to believe?”

    “Well, yeah. Hell, you’ve seen where I grew up.” 

    “You deserve a place like this instead.” He mused as he pulled her along. They all entered the room and sat at the arranged tables. 

    “My home was in a bad state when I got here. I had to redo the roof, rehab the floors, tatami, shoji… everything needed a re-do.” 

    “Damn.” Sitting back against his chair, he smoothed his hair back behind his ear. It was the longest she’d ever seen, pulled into a small bun. A neat and trimmed beard and mustache adorned his already handsome features. It added just the right amount of ruggedness to him. 

    “You did an amazing job, Ichiro-kun.” Eyes on her, they slipped over to Minato who still gawked at the restored and nostalgic aesthetics of the house. 

    “Thank you.” 

    “Have you asked Riko-chan, Grandma Yasu, and Yukio-kun to bless the space?” Junko asked, eyes kind and gentle. 

    “I have. Their altars are in the other room.” Pleased with his answer, she sat back with a smile. 

    “You are all more than welcome to stay for the night. I have to go into town and gather some extra rice.” 

    “I’ll go with you.” She piped up, clutching her hands together. 

    “Actually, I think it’d be best for Minato to go with him, Bea. In case they end up buying more than just rice.” Aunt Junko spoke up, laying a hand on top of hers. Inquisitive eyes met the older woman but he didn’t say a word, just gave a nod of agreement. 

    “I won’t be long, Bea.”

    “Let’s go while it’s still early,” Minato said, lifting to stand. He soon stood himself. And like that, the women were now alone. 

    “Beatrice,”

    “Yes, Auntie Junko?”

    “He’s going to stop by Aichi Temple and request a priest to marry you. You must prepare for him, my dear.” 

 

***     

 

    Indeed I had. Minato and I stopped by the temple and offered prayers at the shrine of love and marriage. All around there to protect the deities were two erect penises, one of stone and the other of iron. Bowing my head, I prayed to the goddess of fertility to bless Beatrice’s womb, that she grant her health. It had been foretold by that Buddhist monk that she and I would be blessed with many children and it was my duty to ensure that she was well cared for. 

    As we spent time amongst the trees, sunlight, and air, we were greeted by a kannushi. 

    “Inugami,” At once his body grew stiff and throat tight. Looking up at the man, he found himself unable to speak. 

    “You wish to wed a kitsune. And you are here to petition the other gods for their blessings.” The man had a bright light that shined around him and it nearly blinded him. He dropped his eyes. Minato bowed low before him in reverence.  

    “You needn’t petition others when you, yourself, hold the divine power of two. Whatever you wish to have, it will be so. Should your fox desire children, so she shall have them aplenty.” He inhaled through his nostrils but otherwise kept silent. The man took slow steps towards him and lifted a hand to lay upon his back. 

    “The battle within you must have been hard. You are born of inu and okami. Both protectors, both wild and yet one more rabid than the other. You have begun the journey for balance and peace within.” It felt as though the man touched his very soul and he allowed him, closing his eyes. 

    “They will coexist with one another. They’ll work together.” 

    “Harmony…with the kitsune.” He breathed out, letting his eyes open. The man removed his hand and he stood once more, hands together tightly in fists. 

    “Her playful nature will never cease. But, she will submit to you. With years, she will increase with wisdom and calmness.” The otherworldly gaze pierced him. 

    “I shall do as you wish. Please, follow me to the registry.” The mere presence of the man had beads of sweat lining his temples and Minato gave him a serious and firm nod as he followed him into the temple. 

 

*** 

 

    As we returned home, my chest grew tight and I felt like I was going to vomit. Heaving there on the side of the road, Minato observed as I gasped, coughing and spitting the bitter taste of bile from my mouth. Later, he told me that he could see the spirits melding around me. I felt as though I was not myself and denied dinner, to Beatrice’s dismay. The entire night, I wrestled and tossed, caught in the throes of night sweats and heat. My dreams were strange. In them, a wedding procession occurred along the roads that led up into the mountains. In a time long long ago. Feet traveled and the smell of incense sweetly caressed the air. Instruments played odes of celebration and thanksgiving. 

    Bodies of foxes moved in uniform, anointed in kimono of miko and kannushi, that of samurai behind and flanking the sides. The view spanned what seemed like miles and I could see humans peeking out through the trees. The smell of incense grew stronger and I was thrust into a different lens. There in the middle of it I stood but I didn’t look like myself. My hair was white and long, traveling down my back. My eyes a pale amber yellow. My ears were pointed and elongated, like that of a dog.

     I wore a ceremonial kimono, colors of a house I was not familiar with. Crimson, chrysanthemum, and white. I turned to my left and there Beatrice was, dressed in shiromuku. The maidens around her were foxes and yet she retained a human form. Her beauty stunned me. Thick red paint lined her eyebrows and further down on her eyelids and waterline, creating a sharp fox-like appearance. There between her eyes, a delicate flower had been painted. Her lips were adorned with more of the color and they smiled. Gold kanzashi peeked down from underneath her covering, displaying her deified status. Reaching for my hand, she turned her eyes forward, the light of day now turning to dusk. Lanterns were now lit with fire and they glowed, floating a path of light in the darkness. 

    

 

*** 

 

    Groaning, he turned on his side, his skin sweaty. His eyes opened suddenly and he panted for air. He felt as though the heat would burn him alive. Shivering in the coolness of the morning, he lifted the covers he must have kicked off up and around him. He was soaked head to toe in sweat and his vision was slightly blurry with tears. Every night, he’d been dreaming the same dream. Some nights, they’d turn into the twisted forms drawn in the shunga and he’d wake with cum all over his blankets. Lifting an arm to shield his eyes from the sun, he breathed in slow, trying to steady and center himself.  

    “I’ll wash your futon when you are away.” Jumping up, he turned to see Aunt Junko peeking in from a crack in the shoji. 

    “A-Aunt Junko..ah…”

    “Don’t be embarrassed, Ikki-chan. The gods are giving you their blessing. You have shifted, that’s all.”

    “Shifted?”

    “Yes.” He covered himself up more and sat up, skin itchy. 

    “And Beatrice? Has she shifted?” 

    “I believe she has, yes.” The older woman bowed her head. 

    “In a few days’ time, the priest will come. Are you ready to take her as your wife?” 

    “I’ve been ready.” Junko smiled but otherwise said nothing else, sliding the shoji closed, leaving him in silence and privacy. Allowing his nagajuban to fall down his shoulders and away from his body, he lifted up and slid open the adjacent shoji, an outdoor tub waiting with freshly pulled water. At last, what he’d most wanted would be reality. Where once was filth, now, the two of them could birth something beautiful.






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: OOF I love this chapter! The imagery, the detail... it's lush and vivid. Wow. Gorgeous hehe. They are soon and sooner to be married hehehe. As I stated a chapter or so back, erect male organs were seen to protect the gods/goddesses of fertility so it makes sense they make their appearance here. I think it's powerful that he dreamt of himself (perhaps in his spirit form) and of Beatrice getting married. In what's known as a Fox Wedding or Kitsune no yomeiri. If y'all wanna read more about this interesting part of folklord, here's a cool article about it! https://hyakumonogatari.com/2013/07/19/kitsune-no-yomeiri-the-fox-wedding/ 

 

depiction of fox wedding: 

**important tip for next chapter is that it is said that when it rains while sunny out that it is a procession going on.** 

 

Since we've been talking about inugami (dog gods/ dog spirits) my inspiration for Ichiro's spirit form/dream form is none other than my baby daddy, the one and only, nice try and so sad to all the other dudes out there, Sesshomaru from Inuyasha LOL. I've loved him since middle school baby. lol. WHEW. Somebody make me an anime character so I can marry this dude lol. 

I realized that I unintentionally modeled some of Ichiro's mannerisms off of Sesshomaru (welp lol here we are)  

Look at this hottie *starts sobbing* 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.