Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CRUMBLING WALL

 

By seven forty-five the guests had filled Bart's mansion up to full capacity. It was a mix of everyone from the company. From the stockroom to the main office to the top floor. Anyone who was anyone attended the Yeager New Year's Eve dinner party.

Speaking of dinner Bart decided that everyone would be seated to eat by eight giving the last-minute guests time to arrive. The guests would be eating in his grand hall at the long dining table; there were just enough guests for everyone to have a seat.

Tonight, would technically be a four-course meal. The guests that were coming in were now enjoying hors d'oeuvre which was shallot and pancetta tortilla chips. Once everyone was seated, they would be having stuffed mushrooms with cheese, garlic, and breadcrumbs.

The main course a choice of roasted duck with orange-ginger glaze, grilled flatiron steak with rosemary potatoes, or stuffed lamb breast with lemon, ricotta, and oregano.

Dessert would be a variety of four cakes to choose from. German chocolate cake, Carrot cake, Red velvet cake, and New York cheesecake.

"Nice spot you got here Yeager" one of his male collogues Victor Hughes complimented "passed down to you right?"

"Yes" Bart replied "from my great grandfather to my grandfather, to my father, and then down to me"

"You got a son you plan on passing it down to?" Trevor Null chimed in "it would be a shame if this place was lost after you pass on"

"No son yet" Bart said "working on it though"

"Oh and what do you mean by working on it?"

Bart simply smirked and the other guys knew exactly what he meant. On a serious note Bart knew that he would have to settle down soon. He had often thought about children especially a sons to leave his home, business, and assets to. Any daughter he might have would be given enough money to complete college, grad school, and a down payment on her first house.

Bart supposed that the reason why he didn't have children yet was because he still craved to have a genuine connection to a woman first. Sure he had indulged in sex all his youth but he wasn't an idiot and knew better than be reckless with his sperm so to speak. He wanted the mother of his future children to also have his last name. He wanted a wife.

"We can get everything started!" a familiar voice belonging to Leah Jamieson shirked as she an and her party entered the main door "the VIP guests are here!"

The other women who were already in attendance came over to excitedly greet them.

"Well at least we know Leah's here" Richard Collins chuckled.

"Damn is that Ruby-Jean?" Keith Brown admired "she's looking fine as hell"

Bart immediately shot Keith a look; since when did he care about Ruby-Jean? Keith was usually the type of black man who only seemed to have a thing for white women.

"Why don't we go greet our guests of honor then?" Victor said because he along with the rest of them could feel Bart watching Keith like a hawk. It was an unspoken knowledge that the men in the company knew their boss had a thing for his assistant; in the rules of man code that meant that Ruby-Jean was off limits.

Bart went to greet Leah's party welcoming the ladies into his home. Bart couldn't help but to admire Ruby-Jean. He saw her trying hide and make small talk with Jackie but he had already seen her.

Ruby-Jean was looking like a real gem tonight. With her wine red off the shoulder dress that hugged her figure a like a glass, silver dangling earrings, and her usually corkscrew curls were braided into a halo braid. Her skin glowed and her lips were moist and glossy with the earth toned lipstick.

"Good evening Jacqueline" Bart greeted Jackie hoping to break the ice

"Evening Bart" Jackie replied "I was just telling Ruby that your place is gorgeous"

"Really?" Bart said amused "this house couldn't hold a candle to Ruby-Jean especially tonight"

Bart sworn he saw a slight blush rise in Ruby-Jean's cheeks

"Thank you, Mr. Yeager,"

"Girl seriously?" Jackie chuckled "we're not at work it's okay call him by his first name"

"I'm sure as the evening goes along, we'll all be comfortable enough to go by first names" Bart insisted "now that we have everyone here we can get seated to eat"

 

 

Ruby-Jean found the seating arrangement of the very long dining table to be quite interesting. Bart was at the head of the table rightfully so since this was his house but her seat was literally only four or five seats away from him. Meaning he could look up from his plate or easily turn away from one of the men he was talking to and focus his attention back on her.

It was hard to focus on her delicious stuffed lamb breast when her boss kept glancing at her. Why was his fixation on her so damn much? This is why she didn't want to come. It was her birthday for crying out loud why did she have to necessarily be here right now?

"You look fine tonight Ruby"

Ruby-Jean looked up from her plate to see Keith Brown sitting across from her smiling at her as he took a forkful of steak into his mouth.

"Thank you Keith" she replied giving a little smiled back "you look pretty good tonight too did you shave?"

"You know I wasn't about to come up in here with skuzz all over my face" he joked "probably would have been violating a dress code"

Ruby-Jean chuckled and she could still see Bart watching her and Keith converse intensely. What was with him?

"Well you cleaned up very nice" Ruby-Jean complemented

"Oh I cleaned up nice huh?"

"Don't get cocky" Ruby-Jean chuckled "I'm not used to seeing you without your stockroom uniform"

"I'm not used to see you runway model dress" Keith said flirting with her now "didn't know you had a bubble"

"A bubble?"

"You know that bubble" he said frankly "I didn't know you were packing like that"

Bart then cleared his throat "More drinks? The open bar is right next to buffet table"

"Word" Keith said "you want anything Ruby?"

"I'm fine"

Ruby-Jean glanced back over at Bart as Keith made his way over to the open bar and her boss gave her a look back. She didn't know how to explain it because the look Bart gave was both stern and protective at the same time. Bart held Ruby-Jean's gaze until he joined some of the other guests at the open bar.

"You know Bart did that on purpose right?" Jackie teased

"Not sure why" Ruby-Jean said

"Well he probably wouldn't have if Keith hadn't started flirting with you heavy" Melanie pointed out "he started talking about your ass"

"You do have a nice bubble" Christie chuckled

"Mr. Yeager still didn't have to act like that though"

"His house his rules I suppose" Leah said "just let him be Bart tonight Ruby"

"I'm not calling him that"

"Again it's easier to call out Bart than Mr. Yeager if you know what I mean"

"Yes thank you again Leah" Jackie laughed

"Better get used to Bart interrupting you and Keith for the rest of the evening birthday girl"

 

 

Keith Brown was skating on thin ice as far as Bart was concerned. Flirting with Ruby-Jean was one thing but blatantly making comments about her body. He didn't like another man trying stake his claim on his woman under his roof.

Bart also wanted to assume that Ruby-Jean was just being polite because that's just the type of person that she was. Once dinner was finished everyone was in the main parlor mixing and mingling and dancing; burning off calories to make room for the various cakes for dessert.

At about ten-thirty the dessert cakes were served as guests settled down again; after all there needed to be some rest for the midnight drop to bring in the new year.

"There he is the big man of the evening"

Bart looked up from his scotch to see Sloane Carroll standing next to him with a smirk and her own glass of scotch in her hand. He had been avoiding Sloane all evening and was pissed she had shown up since she didn't even work for the company anymore.

It had been at least two years since the fling that he had with Sloane but apparently she couldn't move on although he had made it abundantly clear that it was a strictly physical relationship they had and nothing more.

"Bart"

"Sloane"

"Oh that's cold" Sloane said snidely "you used to utter my name with such passion"

"That was then and this is now" Bart said "why are you here Sloane?"

"It's New Year's Eve isn't it?" she said twirling a strand of her blonde hair between her fingers "I know we've had a rough patch in the past but this is the start to a new year after all is it not?"

"You're not on my list of priorities for the new year" Bart said bluntly while looking over the party guests. He had lost track of Ruby-Jean. Where was she?

Sloane noticed Bart ignoring her and decided to dig in a little deeper

"Well shouldn't your priorities be getting a wife?" she asked "you aren't getting any younger"

"I'm assuming that you think that you are wife material?"

"I think Sloane Yeager has a nice ring to it"

"Carroll suits you better" Bart said rejecting the silly notion that he would ever take a whore like Sloane as a wife

Sloane scrunched her nose up at his rejection "What is your definition of wife material?"

"Not you" he said "don't come back to my house after tonight Sloane"

With that said Bart dismissed Sloane and went to go search for Ruby-Jean.

 

 

"It's a little chilly out here Keith" Ruby-Jean said now rubbing her bare shoulder "actually it's a lot cold out here we should probably go back inside soon"

"Relax" Keith insisted "it's not that cold out here; besides I've been wanting to get you alone all night"

It was just a little bit after eleven now. Keith and Ruby-Jean were out in the hallway just a few feet away from the main parlor talking for a little bit and slow dancing for a little bit too. They were all alone and nobody had come to check on them yet and would soon be time for the midnight toast to a happy new year.

"Just for a few more minutes" Ruby-Jean said cautiously "I don't even think Mr. Yeager wants us out here---"

Keith chuckled as he swayed Ruby-Jean back and forth "Mr. Yeager. Good old Mr. Yeager. Tell me Ruby you like being the boss's pet?"

"I'm his assistant"

"Assistant huh?" Keith chuckled "you sure about that?"

"I'm sure it's nothing more I swear"

"Everyone has seen the way that man looks at you.....like he owns you or something"

"Well he doesn't"

"Yeah well he wouldn't know what to do with a fine sista like you anyway; he's just another entitled privileged white man"

Keith ran his hands up and down Ruby-Jean's arms sending goosebumps through her whole body.

"Yeah if it was up to me I'd have you all to myself"

"Keith I think we should go back inside now"

"What's the rush?"

Keith leaned down and kissed Ruby-Jean on her neck and his hands moved down her body caressing the fabric of her dress but still feeling up all her curves. Ruby-Jean gasped as Keith gripped her ass.

"Keith I'm serious"

"I'm serious too" he replied "I want what Yeager's been hiding up in his office all the way on the top floor from everyone else"

"Keith please stop---"

Keith cut Ruby-Jean off by silencing her with a harsh kiss on the mouth. He began bunching up her dress as she felt the cold night air on her thighs. His hands sneaking up under dress near the apex of her thighs.

Ruby-Jean began to push and fight back but Keith was too strong for her "Keith stop it!"

"Come on" he said gruffly "I know you want me just relax"

"NO!"

 "What you yelling for?!?"

"I don't want this Keith!"

"You'll want it once I get your pussy wet---"

Keith was suddenly cut off and Ruby-Jean felt him being yanked away from her.

"What the---"

Keith was punched in the face square in the nose and was tossed to the floor. Ruby Jean saw the bright red crimson blood flowing down from Keith's nose now. Bartholomew Yeager towered over him looking down Keith as if he were a roach.

"What the fuck man?!?"

"Get out of my house now"

"It wasn't what it looked like" Keith said pathetically as the blood dripped in his mouth and on his suit shirt "she wanted it---"

Ruby-Jean watched Bart yank Keith up by the collar of his shirt and got in his face

"Really? I heard Ruby-Jean loud and clear when she told you no"

"I bet she wouldn't say no to you" Keith sneered "she probably always spreads her legs to you---

Keith couldn't finish his sentence because Bart twisted his wrist and he yelped in pain

"You want me to make something else bleed? You're fired. Get the fuck out of my house now!"

Keith was now reduced to a bumbling idiot as he scrambled up on to his feet and shuffled his way down the hall to the backdoor to leave.

Bart didn't care his concern was Ruby-Jean. She was shook up by Keith's assault.

Bart wanted to kill Keith on the spot because it was clear what his intentions were. The bastard had purposely isolated her from the rest of the party. What if he hadn't gotten there in time? Not only was he fired but Bart already made a mental to make a police report first thing Monday morning.

Bart took off his suit jacket and placed it on Ruby-Jean's shoulders and she kept her eyes down.

"Ruby-Jean"

She hesitated for a minute just like Bart expected but eventually she looked up at him

"Are you okay?"

"....yes"

"I saw Keith's hand up your dress" Bart said "it's okay if you're not okay"

"I....um....it's almost midnight" Ruby-Jean said trying to brush the issue aside ".....maybe we should go back for the toast"

"Do you want to go back to party?" Bart asked her knowing damn well she wasn't okay; hell she was still shaking

"Yes" Ruby-Jean said a little too quickly still processing what just happened "I want to find Jackie and the rest of the girls.....they're probably looking for me"

"Okay" Bart replied gently "let's get you back inside and warmed up"

Ruby-Jean tried to give Bart back his suit jacket but he stopped her

"Keep it for now" he said "I want to talk to you after the toast when everyone leaves"

"Mr. Yeager---"

"You're not in trouble" Bart confirmed putting her at ease "but we're way overdue for a talk and you know what I mean by that Ruby-Jean Marie"

The bricks of the wall that Ruby-Jean built between herself and Bart was now tumbling down.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.