Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: SilverMoonfire

Summary: The bridge crew mysteriously disappeared, and the Enterprise is desperately looking for them.

See the source image

See the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Desperate Times

Captain's logs [star date 2171.3] Lt. Commander Micheal DeSalle in temporary command;

Captain Kirk

Commander Spock

Dr. McCoy

Lt. Uhura

Lt. Commander Scott

Lt. Masters

Ensign Miles Garrison

Lt. Sulu

Ensign Thomas Doyle

and Yeoman Sanchez

All disappeared mysteriously from the bridge. We are following the only lead to a neighboring galaxy to find them. Our speed is warp eight, with the hope we can arrive to head off danger."

He closed the recording log and headed towards the science station for more information from Chekov.

DeSalle and Chekov are reviewing the entry log of Mr. Spock's data on the nearby galaxy. Pavel is looking into the hooded sensor; plugging in data and information from the main computer.

"Mr. DeSalle, I have calculated that the keptin is approximately 9.25 light-years away."

DeSalle was thinking of all options: "Do you think the Romulans are in the area, Chekov?

"No sir, I scanned the whole system, we are the only starship in this area of space."

"Are you sure about this beam that's recorded?"

"Yes sir, I was able to get more readings. That beam definitely came from that galaxy. It transported the keptin and the crew. It was a direct beam that was meant to hit or scan the ship."

"Good report Ensign."

Chekov continued.

"Mr. DeSalle, there is also a barrier there. It might give the Enterprise a hard time passing through."

"Note it in the report and continue with your work, Ensign Chekov."

Micheal sat in the command chair and hit the shipwide intercom.

"Attention ship. We are searching for the Captain and the rest of the bridge crew. We must leave the galaxy to find them, and we will have to go through a barrier that will affect the ship. Be prepared for shock waves. DeSalle out."

Michael turned in his chair to Chekov, "What else do we know about this galaxy Ensign?"

"Very little. I've located a system where the beam originated. There are five planets; three are gaseous and the other two could hold life. As we get closer, I can give you more data, sir."

"What about this barrier can the ship handle it?"

"The barrier does have an electrical field, and it probably causes minimal damage."

Then, Micheal addressed the engineering station.

"Mr. Kyle based on the information from Chekov, make sure we can repair and maintain the engine's performance."

"The engines are performing at 100%. We will have to watch our deflectors and shields, impacting with the barrier could drain them. We have a team ready to rectify the loss of energy." Reported Lt. Kyle.

"Will it affect the transporter?"

"It shouldn't sir"

"We will need the transporter ready to beam them up. I have a feeling that they are in grave danger."

"I'll send Lt. Brent to monitor and prepare the transporter."

Kyle went back to work on his calculations and monitoring.

Michael sat in the command chair logging in his progress for the captain and hoping to find the crew. He had always respected Captain Kirk, he modeled all his tactics for a situation like this. Serving on the best ship in the fleet with the most decorated commander was an honor for him.


Meanwhile below deck in sickbay:

Geoffrey is holding a shaken head nurse with tears falling down her cheeks, speaking in a broken voice:

"Please, please, please I hope we can find them!"

Geoff pulled back and looked into her deep blue eyes.

"Christine we will find them all, I need for you to hold it together. We have a job to do."

"Geoff they are clear across the galaxy, almost the universe!"

"How do you think he would feel if saw you looking like this?"

Christine took a deep sigh. "You're right, he needs us to be strong."

"Good girl. Now, is everything ready if the captain and the missing crew need medical attention?"

"Yes, Dr. M'Benga, the whole team is ready."

"Now let's make Dr. McCoy proud of us for doing our jobs and being ready for a crisis." He patted her lightly on her back and steered her into the recovery room.

Christine headed into the other room to prepare it for the recovery of the missing crew. Len would definitely reprimand their performance. She just hopes that the love of her life is okay. Along with the rest of the crew.


Somewhere in space and time:

Nyota felt her body being lifted from her seat, traveling through open space in a light beam. She can see the stars zip past her. She couldn't speak, she couldn't hear as fear gripped her heart. She wanted to call out to Spock, but her mind wouldn't focus:

"What is happening?"

"Where am I going?"

Fear grips her again. The last time she felt like this was when she was kidnapped by the Triskelion's.[1]. She remembers that horrid place where she was almost raped.

"Please no, please not again! I don't think I can take another one!"

She wanted to cry in fear, she didn't know if Spock knew where she was. She was alone. Nyota didn't even know how long she had traveled or where she was going.

"The beam that scanned us?"

"Yes, yes can they find me?"

She saw planets and stars zip past her, as the beam that encased her kept her from moving. She was trapped. Nyota closed her eyes, trying not to let fear run its course.

"Kidnapped again. OH God, help me!"

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N:

Star Trek TOS: The Gamesters of Triskelion [1]

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.