Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

e i g h t e e n 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

    “In today’s celebrity news, talk of the global sensation KASSIA is all over the internet! American-born member Bon-hwa Kang also known as Aera in the group is rumored to have went AWOL just weeks before their third single ‘Possession’  was released. Rumored to have abandoned the group after their second single’s success, fans are speculating that perhaps the member needed a break. Last year, it had been discovered that Bon-hwa had been hospitalized five times due to ‘exhaustion’ People are talking and they are curious to know the what, where and how. 

    As of now, Bon-hwa’s socials affiliated with the company are still active however, there have been no posts as of late. When asked to give a statement regarding Bon-hwa, his company, Perseus Entertainment declined. The decline leads fans to suspect something bigger is happening behind the scenes. We hope that Bon-hwa returns well. In other news…” The channel was quickly turned and a pair of round eyes met deep set. 

    “Sooooooo……you wanna explain to me what the hell that was about?” The woman sitting on the couch clutched her hands. 

    “It would be better for Bunny to tell you himself but…”

    “He’s at some consultation right?”

    “Yeah.”

    “For?” Sighing, Nova unclenched her hands. 

    “He has bulimia Ji-eun.” At first it didn’t register and she just blinked at her. 

    “You mean….as in…like an eating disorder?” 

    “Yes.” 

    “Waaaaait wait wait. MY brother?”

    “Mmhm.” She buried her face into the palms of her hands. 

    “No way.”

    “It’s something that has been progressing since his pre-debut days.”

    “Since 16?”

    “Yeah.”     

    “Un freaking real.” Nova licked her lips and cleared her throat. 

    “He has a lot more going on but um…I’ll let him tell you that himself when he gets here.” Pulling her hands away from her face, Ji-eun stared at the television screen. 

    “How’d you and him reconnect?” 

    “On a messaging app. I had started talking to this guy for like five months and had no idea it was him.”

    “Scary cat.”

    “Yeah he was freaked out that he’d be discovered. I don’t know why I didn’t recognize him by his voice…”

    “You guys talked on the phone too?”

    “Well video call and sometimes voice messages.” Ji-eun nodded before sitting up. 

    “He flew me out to Seoul and it was there that I discovered that it had been him all along.” 

    “I’m glad you two reconnected. He’s always been crazy about you Nov.” Blushing, she looked down at her hands. 

    “Judging by the ring on your finger, I’d say things moved pretty fast huh?” Her blush intensified. 

    “Yeah…well…um…they did. It was…amazing. And…wonderful. It felt like high school all over again.” 

    “Mmhm. You gave him your virginity didn’t you?” 

    “Ji-eun!”

    “Hey, I’m calling it like I see it. Besides, knowing the vow of purity you two took to wait till marriage, it wouldn’t have been right for him to just smash and quit.” 

    “He definitely honored and respected my beliefs and morals.” 

    “I’m glad he did. He knew you had waited for him.” She bit her lip in a smile.     

    “So, we’re sisters-in-law now. I dig that. I always looked at you and Neb as sisters anyway.” 

    “Same here.”

    “His company doesn’t know that he’s here do they?” 

    “Nope.”

    “Damn bastard. He can’t just leave…”

    “Bunny is gonna do what Bunny wants to do Ji. You know that.”

    “Hell yeah. He takes after me too damn much.” The two women shared a laugh. Nova picked up Paisley and scratched her behind her ears. 

    “It’s bad isn’t it?” Balling up her lips, she just gave a single nod. 

    “Shit.”

    “But…he’s he’s here. He’s home and I believe that now he’ll get better.” 

    “I hope so.” Slapping her thigh, Ji got up.

    “Want something to eat Nov?”

    “Sure.” 

 

*** 

 

    “LET ME THE FUCK OUT. LET ME OUT GODDAMN IT.” It infuriated him that these pigs kept him locked up in a cage like he was an animal.

    “Bon-hwa…it’s in your best interest to stay in there for right now.”

    “Fuck you!” Doctors had been called in the midst of the consultation and when his irritation and agitation escalated to the point where he had thrown a chair against the wall, it was then that he had to be detained. 

    “Mr. Kang…do you know why you’re here?”

    “I presume you’re gonna tell me right?”

    “Bon-hwa….when’s the last time you got high?” 

    “Too fucking long…..”

    “Sir, you’re experiencing withdrawal from cocaine right now.”

    “If you just let me take a line, I wouldn’t be so fucking paranoid.”

    “I know sir but we can’t do that.”

    “And that’s why I said FUCK YOU.” Doctors stood back as he took off his shoe and threw it at them. 

    “Goddamn fucking police. Arrest those fucking perverts! Locking me up in here is only gonna piss me off.” 

    “Perverts? What perverts?”

    “You know who the fuck I’m talking about. Those psycho middle school and high school girls that leave all kind of sick twisted shit outside my door.” 

    “He’s suffering from intense cravings, extreme paranoia, delusions and agitation. We need to transport him to the hospital.”

    “I’m aware of that. Has police and an ambulance been called?”

    “Yes sir.”

    “Good…uh Bon-hwa tell me more about these…perverts. What do they leave outside your door?” The man now was sitting on the floor, hands in his hair. His eyes were wild and disoriented. 

    “All kind of shit. Panties from their periods and my picture taped to the crotch. Love spells and potions. Vials of blood attached to love letters. It’s fucking disgusting.” 

    “And you see them now?”

    “They’re everywhere. They follow me everywhere. That’s how that fuckhole Kang-min was able to get everything he got. They must have paid a saesang to follow me.” 

    “I see…”

    “I need a hit. Just one.”

    “I’m sorry Mr. Kang but we have to see to it that you’re safe.”

    “Fuck being safe…..no one’s protected me before now so why the fuck should you care if I’m safe now?” 

    “Doctor, the ambulance is on the way. Ten minutes tops.”

    “Perfect. Call his wife and let her know what’s going on.”

    “Right away.” 

    “Bon-hwa, we’re going to transport you to the hospital so that you can withdrawal safely. Do you understand?” His other shoe came off and was thrown at the staff and they ducked as it hit the table. 

    “Will he be okay?” 

    “He’ll be fine. Once he can get past the withdrawal phase, he’ll return to himself. We just have to get him there.” 

 

*** 

 

    Mid-November

 

    Chunky combat boots came down the hall and a light fall fragrance wafted past the nose of some of the nurses. Coming to Bonhwa Kang. 817. she lifted a hand to the silver handle. Pushing open the doors, she peeked her head in. He was asleep. Slowly stepping in, she carefully closed the door and approached him, her chair already placed next to the bed. It made her smile to know that the staff did so when they knew she was going to visit. Sitting down, she glanced over his sleeping form. He was starting to get some fat back on his face and arms. Still thin but she could tell. She was glad that he was adhering to the diet. He’d flat out refused at first, the craving to binge so heavy he refused to eat. They’d had to put a feeding tube in so that he could get the nutrients he needed. 

    Gently caressing the back of his hand, she lifted it to press a kiss there. She’d seen him at his worst…a sweeping depression from the cocaine withdrawal threatened to crush him. But, each day… it didn’t matter when or what she was doing… she always managed to come see him. She’d come and sit…talk. She’d pray over him… even when he begged her to stop. She’d even brought her bible and started reading small passages here and there to encourage him. Her Maman would sometimes come visit with her and they’d sit and talk about how they used to be in high school when he was feeling up to it. Sometimes, she’d catch the tail end of a conversation he was having with Junho who was now in college. It made her heart melt hearing him laugh and joke around. 

    “You’re here angel,” His warm soft voice drifted over her and she smiled, lifting her eyes to see his already on her. 

    “Always ma cheri.” Yawning, he turned his body towards her. 

    “Did I miss the doctor?”

    “Nope. I don’t think he’s done his rounds yet.”

    “Damn.” Smirking, she leaned down some to press her face against his hair. 

    “You don’t like him?”

    “Hell nah. He’s an asshole.”

    “Oh stop, bunny. He’s trying to help you.” 

    “Yeah yeah yeah. I know an asshole when I see one.” Laughing, she placed his hand into her lap. 

    “I’ve been a big one lately.” 

    “Look, you’ve been through a lot these past couple months… give yourself grace.”

    “Still. I’m sorry for being the world’s biggest fuckhole.” Cackling, she laughed so hard she felt tears tease the corners. 

    “Where the hell do you come up with these words Bunny?” Watching her laugh made him smile… geniunely smile, teeth and all. 

    “I don’t know. I just make them up as I go.”

    “Yeah, I can tell.” Sighing, he pressed his face against her knees. 

    “What did I do to deserve a woman like you Supernova?” Gently playing with his hair, she smiled as she looked up to the sun that seemed to have fallen in love with the earth, winter fastly approaching in the air. 

    “Ask God the next time you talk to Him and tell me what He says.” Snickering, he lifted his head, lips poked out for a kiss, one she gladly gave. Leaning up into a sit, he pulled her closer, kissing her even deeper than before. 

    “God, I can’t wait to get out of here. You have some missed dick appointments Mrs. Kang.” Laughing, she hit him on the chest. 

    “Oh my God… stop. You nasty.” Wiggling his eyebrows, he grinned goofily. 

    “Ah, glad to see you’re up Bon-hwa. Let’s chat shall we?” Turning towards the doctor, they intertwined fingers. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: I'm basing Bon-hwa's experience withdrawing from cocaine from person experience dealing with patients as a nurse assistant. Every one is different and reacts differently. However, I noticed a major pattern of agitation, irritation and depression. I'm proud of him for sticking it through even though he was dealt a double whammy. Withdrawing from bulimia too would have been too much to handle on his own so I'm so glad he's at the hospital so we can be regulated safely. Our bunny has improved so much hehe. This is of course over months guys. Just for reference. 

Let's go to the next chapter hehe 

DL~

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.