Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Songs
 
Song 2
 
“At My Best”, Machine Gun Kelly w/Haile Steinfeld. YouTube, tgvbhxb9yk8
 
The guys all meet at Angel Square Park but none of them know why the others are there too.  They each received a note from Evangeline asking them to meet her there but with no mention that any of the other men would also be in attendance.  They start talking with each trying to figure out why she wanted to see them together.  At first, they don’t see her but then Todd sees here in a far corner of the park sitting on a bench.  He points her out to the other men, and they all walk towards her.
 
From her vantage point Evangeline saw each of the men as they arrived in the park.  She chose this exact bench so that she could watch their arrival.  She knew that they would question each other as to why the other was there.  It amused her to see their puzzled facial expressions.
 
Todd was exasperated.  He thought that he would have her all to himself.  He had not spoken with her in a few days because they were both so busy with work and because when last he spoke with her, they argued, and he felt bad about that.
 
John was surprised to receive a note from her.  They had not spoken for some time, not from lack on trying on his part, but she has kept her distance from him.  When last they spoke, she told him that she didn’t want to talk with him again until he had something worthwhile to say to her, meaning the truth about his feelings. 
 
Cristian knew something was amiss with her because after all that he had done to support her while she was blind, she did not encourage him when he wanted to take the relationship to a more romantic level.
 
Antonio had no idea why she wanted to meet with him.  He had not spoken with her at any length for several weeks.  Maybe that was the problem.  After all that she had done to help him gain custody of his daughter and to free his brother, he didn’t have time for her anymore.
 
 
They all approach her bench at the same time and start talking.  She looks at each of them without responding and they get the message that she is in command of this conversation. 
 
“Since my recovery from the coma all of you, each of you in your own way, have so vocally informed me of how I now respond to or do things is ‘not how Evangeline would do that’. I AM EVANGELINE!  You’ve all been through things, Todd you were executed, Cristian you were brainwashed, John you almost died in a car crash, and Antonio your battles with RJ and Tess would change anyone.  And let me tell you from observation that each of you have changed in some way.  But did I come at any of you the way that you have responded to me!  I was left for dead and lapsed into a coma.  You all got to see that, but I lived it!  So let me make this clear to you, ‘I shout, I swear, I get angry, I get scared/ I fall, I break, I mess up, I make mistakes/ But if you can’t take me at my worst/ You don’t deserve me at my best’”
 
With those words Evangeline leaves the park. Those four men stand there looking at each other and shake their heads and smile.  ‘Now that’s Evangeline!’ they all say together.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.